Indiana Evans (Spoiler)

Guest I Love Mark Furze

The starlet, who plays Matilda Hunter, will leave the ratings hit in October.

Her departure from the Seven soap is likely to particularly upset one of her male co-stars, Lincoln Lewis.

While the lovebirds have not openly 'fessed up to it, Lewis - the son of former rugby league great Wally Lewis - has been scoring points of his own in a romantic on-set match with Evans for months.

Links:

http://www.news.com.au/entertainment/story...5013560,00.html

http://www.tvtonight.com.au/2008/04/indian...summer-bay.html

I guess with

Lucas, Cassie and Drew's departures

Matilda is losing the peer group that she has. Also with no family left, the only thing keeping her there is Ric. In terms of storylines, that doesn't give her a lot, so the writers must be finding it hard to come up with new dynamics for her character. It is a shame though as Indiana is such a brilliant actress, but I guess when Robbie, Scott, Kit, Beth etc. left, it was clear they'd have to think about Matilda at some point. I always thought it was strange when Lucas left, as he was kind of her last family as he was like a brother to her, whereas she is not as close with Tony.

Looking forward to seeing how she leaves, but t'will be sad to see her go. :(

I don't want her to leave either! She is such a good actress, and Matilda is one of my favourites in the show. But I agree, with all her family and friends gone, there's not much to do with her character. I hope they give her a really good departure!

I'm surprised that Matilda's contract hasn't been renewed - if the rumours are true. While Kate Ritchie was leaving, it seemed as though they were promoting Indiana as the new sweetheart of the show. She's a talented actress - really hope she doesn't fade into the woodwork like some of the stars of the past...

According to this week’s TV Week, Indiana denies the rumour that Channel 7 did not renew her contract as reported last week. Indiana says she was offered a new contract, but chose not to renew it after playing Matilda for 4.5 years. She is ready to try new things and expand as an actress, but would not disclose any details, but she does have an interest in films. Indiana was speaking to TV Week on location whilst filming her final scenes.

Indiana also revealed that Ric also leaves the show later this year and that her character receives a happy departure which she is pleased about.

It’s like a revolving door at the moment…

Archived