HD has to go!

Guest WillowsTara

(Not sure if this belongs here but since it's about TV I guessed it did)

Smallville...Veronica Mars... Bones! (WHICH I just recently discovered was on Channel 7 HD!) and so many others TV Shows are being ruined, they are put on Channel 7 or 10 HD which really puts ratings down for the ones who don't have HD.

In an small post in TV Week this week someone wrote about how HD was ruining our shows and I agree with them, they said about writing a letter to the HD people and I think they are right.

It's bad enough they destroyed Smallville like they destroyed Charmed, but this time they are completely ruined the ratings, do they expect everyone to go out and get a HD TV just because one show they love is it on, my mum happened to already have that TV in her room (She had it already so she didn't need to buiy it) but niot everyone is lucky, note I said in my mum's room, not the comfort of my room where the tapes don't even work if they taped on HD.

So who elses thinks we should write to these people and complained? If we don't then HD is going to be where all the TV shows and the unlucky ones will be stuck with Sports, News and Reality Shows.

Whatever happened to just having a TV show on regular TV anyway? Whatever happened to watching Supernatural shows without Channel 10 having an agenda on it (Note this, both Charmed and Smallville have been destroyed by Channel 10 in my opinion, Supernatural is probably opn it's way and whatever happened to Sabrina the Teenage witch? They used to have that on aleast once a year, this is what makes me believe Channel 10 has a agenda against Supernatural shows...Or Occult which Veronica Mars apparently is)

lol, how is Veronica Mars occult? Or do you mean A cult, as in it has an unlikely rabid fanbase outside the mainstream? I was disappointed that that one got shuffled off to HD.

I didn't upgrade my Foxtel to get Showcase just because Dexter was on it, and I'll be damned if I'm getting HD for Veronica Mars, Bones, or anything else. My friend has an HD TV, but you know what? Her satellite has screwed up or something and now she can't get ANY stations! Nothing! She has to borrow DVDs from her friends if she wants to watch a TV series now... Satellite is just too temperamental for me to be putting all my eggs in that wobbly basket. I know from Foxtel (which I'm not dependant on) that it messes up all the time. Even a storm can throw it off. And as for digital reception being better... yeah right. It's much clearer, IF you can get ALL the pixels to keep up the moving image... They're always freezing and going blocky and stupid. I prefer and trust things being a little bit fuzzy round the edges compared to that, thanks.

I don't know what I meant, Cult I guess, someone told me about it being something like that, not sure thought.

And I am glad I didn;'t get Foxtel then.

Speaking of freezing and stuff, has anyone else noticed something strange about Channel 10, like it would go black for a few secs and then come back on and we would miss what the character said or did? Or it is just my TV?

Speaking of freezing and stuff, has anyone else noticed something strange about Channel 10, like it would go black for a few secs and then come back on and we would miss what the character said or did? Or it is just my TV?

No, that happens with me. Channel 10 must be loaded with trainees.

None of my favourite shows have gone to HD yet so I can't really complain as yet, but if it had to be introduced two years earlier, without a doubt Charmed would have been played on it because of the falling ratings because 10 kept taking it off air for every two episodes, beginning to use the show as a filler if they had nothing to air for the last two seasons.

Channel 7 seems promising though. They've got repeats of Always Greener! :D And hopefully they'll air headLand... The way I see it, 10 use the HD channel to air the remaining episodes that they bought an dump them there when they dont get ratings.

Are you saying once a show get move to, say, 7HD, you can't watch it on normal channel 7? =S

Here in England, we have like Sky One, and then if we want to watch it HD, there's Sky One HD where it has the exact same shows at the exact same time, but in HD. And ya need a Sky HD box and TV I think...I don't get all of this HD rubbish. I just watch whatever's on normal TV. The shows are just the same on either channel to me. And most things these days can be watched online....so MEH!

Despite Smallville doing good in US, and I am sure VM was the same as well, but I don't think it has anything to do with the viewers or ratings, it has to do with Channel 10,m they keep confusing viewers, removing the episodes, hell Arrow was on AT 12:30am! Where nobody would remeber it, I forgot it was at that time and I was AWAKE then.

Moving it around and putting it off and on probably made it seem like it failed, but no it;'s just Channel 10.

And you are lucky Marc, we don't get the exact same TV shows on the same channel, some yes but not all.

Drew- Yeah they would have done that with Charmed, I am convinced Channel 10 hated Charmed and hates Smallville, this would explain why Season 6 DVD came out WAY after it did in the US and for Charmed...Well they treated it even worse then Smallville, probably because it wasn't a sequel to Superman... (Prequel I mean or whatever)

Archived