Sally and Brad - A Good Proposal

Guest 13max13

A proposal to remember

-i have re-written history here, or the future, either way i believe that this how Brad shoul've proposed to sally..on christmas of 07' :

November passed and December came, it was finally summer and the residents of the Bay were getting ready for the annual Christmas concert, hoping that another tragedy would not ruin their celebrations…

Pippa laughed, as Brad fell off the couch and hit the floor with a thud. Brad exclaimed, “you think that’s funny do you?” in a playful tone as Sally walked into the room and hit him with a pillow. Brad reacted fast and hit her back before she could get away. He pulled her down and she slid onto the couch and lay down beside him, head on his lap, as he stroked her long, beautiful hair. Brad gazed down at her and thought how lucky he was, finding a woman that he knew he loved more than life itself.

Sally finally looked up and stared right into his blue eyes, she whispered “ I love you, you know?” and Brad replied, “I know” They stared at each other a while longer and their gaze was disrupted by a.” come on Ric, please” finished Cassie, as she and Ric walked in the door. Ric looked at her and through a glare and said “I told you Cass, I’m not making a total fool of myself, even if…” he didn’t finish as Sally looked up and Brad turned around. “Sorry, did I interrupt something?” said Ric in a light-hearted tone. He was so happy for Sally and Brad, he knew how much they meant to each other and was happy that they were finally together. “No” said both Brad and Sally. There was a short pause, which Brad broke, by saying, “What’s up?” Ric answered before Cassie could even open her mouth, “Cass here, wants me to be one of Santa’s elves in Colleen’s production next week.” Brad laughed and gave a thumbs up to Cassie. “That part would suit you mate!” said Brad as he stood up and walked over to the kitchen to get a glass of water. “Good one Cass, you really know what’s good for him,” said Brad cheekily. “Ha, ha, ha, very funny…but remember I’m the victim here mate” “You know, it’s not that bad, I’m in it too”, said Brad. This time Cassie spoke and said, “come on Ric, please, for me” and she made that puppy dog look that Ric still had not learnt how to say no to. He reluctantly gave a nod and said “fine, but you owe me.” “Yes!” cried Cassie

“I’m going to bed, are you coming?” asked Sally. “I’ll be up in a minute, I just wanna see if the Storm score this last one”, said Brad. Sally kissed him on the cheek and she turned and walked up the stairs. At that moment, Ric walked into the room and sat on the couch next to Brad. “…. Aww man, how’d you miss that one”, said Brad looking at the television in a disappointment. “GO THE BRONCOS!” said Ric, “Man the Storm have gotten bad..” “Yep, they have”, said Brad, turning to Ric. “Hey mate, said Ric, “What exactly are you doing for the concert, Colleen said that it was a secret and Sally has no idea either…sooo?” “Nope, mate you’re gonna have to wait a bit longer and see, it’s a surprise”, said Brad.

Christmas Day finally came and Brad rolled over and saw Sally still sleeping beside him. She stirred and as she opened her eyes she automatically shifted over and put her arms around Brad, laying her head on his chest. Brad held her tight and kissed her on the head. “Merry Christmas”, he said.

Down in the kitchen Ric was practising his lines for the production with Cassie, as Colleen knocked and walked in. “Merry Christmas all” she said as she looked around the kitchen. “Where’s young Bradley, I really need him to fix the antenna on my mobile home, it’s been playing up for weeks and he said that he would fix it”, said Colleen. Brad walked down the stairs, followed closely by Sally and said “Merry Christmas!” “Right back at ya!” called Ric, and Cassie smiled and nodded. “Bradley Armstrong you promised me that you would fix up my mobile home and its been like this for days now”, said Colleen “Sorry, I’ve just had a lot of things on my plate lately”, said Brad, “but I’ll do it now, if you want.” ‘Thankyou” said Colleen. Brad smiled at Sally as he put on his shoes and followed Colleen out the back door and into the caravan park.

“Good sleep?” asked Ric, trying to make conversation. “Yes”, replied Sally, “How bout you two?” Cassie nodded and Ric said, “yep”, then added “When are we headed to the Surf Club, I need to know so I can tell Maddy when she has to be ready by” “Uh, probably around 7” replied Sally. “Cool”, said Ric, walking out of the room with a piece of toast in one hand and the cordless phone in the other.

“…Well Ric is the elf and I’m meant to be some kind of animal” finished Cassie as Brad walked through the door, Colleen at his heels. “Thankyou very much Bradley, it was very kind of you to do that, especially on Christmas” said Colleen as Brad sat down next to Sally at the table. “That’s fine,” said Brad, nodding to Colleen. But as usual Colleen did not take a hint and kept on talking her usual dribble. “So Sally, are you excited about Bradley’s big surprise?” said Colleen. “I am”, looking suspiciously at Brad. “Oh I’m sure you’ll love what he has in store….” “Hey Colleen Sal and I need to go and practise our lines now, so if you don’t mind” interrupted Brad gesturing the door to Colleen, who looked a bit angry that he had cut her off.

Brad called up the stairs, “Sal, are you ready, we gotta get going!” “Coming”, yelled Sally. Brad put on his jacket and when he turned around saw Sally, walking down the stairs in the most beautiful dress he had ever seen, she looked like an angel, and an angel he loved “How do I look” asked Sally. “Beautiful” replied Brad through a smile. Cassie and Ric were waiting outside with Matilda, Tony and Lucas. Brad and Sally joined them and they left for the Surf Club

“There you are! I was wondering if you were coming at all! Now backstage, come on all of you!” yelled Colleen as they walked in the door. Sally kissed Brad on the cheek and she turned and took her place in the front row of the audience, next to Leah and Rachel.

Cheers and cries of laughter were heard throughout the night until the last of the acting was completed. Colleen took her place in front of the microphone and said, “Now everyone, its time for the surprise part of the evening, and for this I would like everybody to give Bradley Armstrong a very warm welcome” Everyone clapped and Sally stared up at Brad, wondering what he would do next..

Brad took the stage and looked down at Sally and smiled. He then said, “Thanks everyone, well. I’m sure you’re all wondering what I’m gonna do, so I’m going to get it over with and ask the love of my life, Sally to come up on stage too. Sally blushed and made her way up onto the stage. Brad continued “I’m sure none of you picked me as the singing type, but I’ve changed a lot this year”, as he said this he looked at Sally and then out into the audience at Rachel, “So, I’m dedicating this song to Sally Fletcher. He glanced at Sally once more, then took the microphone out of the stand and walked back. He signalled the band, and at that cue, they started playing. Sally looked stunned as Brad started to sing:

“L, is for the way you look at me,

O, is for the only one I see

V, is very, very extraordinary

E, is even more than anyone that you adore,

Can love, it’s all that I can give to you,

Love is more than just a game, for two

Two in love can make it, take my heart and please don’t break it

Love was made for me and youuuu..”

He finished and everyone clapped, and Sally was almost in tears of happiness. Brad bowed and then turned to Sally and said “Sally Fletcher, we have been through so much together, you have been my strength when I was weak…my voice when I couldn’t speak…. my shoulder to cry on….and you’ve been there for me, when I thought all hope was gone…I love you with all my heart and I want to spend the rest of my life with you” he pulled the wring out of his pocket, and suddenly Sally didn’t look so shocked, but relieved, she looked into his eyes and he continued, “all I need to know is…do you want to spend the rest of your life with me?

There was an “aww” that passed through the audience as a tear trickled down Sally’s cheek. She looked at Brad and said “Somewhere, between all our laughs, long conversations, stupid little fights and jokes…I fell in love with you, and all I know is that love will last forever…as long as we both shall live. She smiled and Brad slid the wring on her finger. Everyone clapped and cheered, Colleen cried and Sally and Brad kissed each other. They felt each like the luckiest people on the planet. Their love for each other was like a lifejacket, keeping them floating, even when they felt like they were going under…Love bears all things, believes all thing, hopes all things, endures all things…Love never fails

Hey 13max13,

In order with the Rules For FanFiction, Librarians would appreciate if you Filled in the following form and you pasted it at the top of your opening Post:

Type of story: one-shot/ long fiction/ short fiction/ undecided

Rating: (see BTTB rating guidance)

Main Characters: ie. Lucas and Belle / Multiple character

Genre: Drama/ Romance/ Angst/ A mixture

Warnings: Any content you feel needs a warning: ie. Violence, sexual content, coarse language etc.

Is Story being proof read: Yes/No

Summary: Briefly summarise your story (5 lines max).

Thanks,

-Kirst-

Archived