You And Me

Guest kaciexox

Since my exams finish tomorrow (yay!) i have decided to finally start my new fic! I wrote this fic because a) I Need You finshed and b) I was bored :P

It is a JnM fic (suprise suprise) but it also focuses on other charcterrs and relationships as well

Type: Long fic

Rated: A

Main characters: Jack Martha and O.C

Warnings: SC, V, L

Spoilers: no

Summary: um...read below

SUMMARY

This story basically revolves around a group of friends aged 19/20: Jack, Brody, Jet, Robbie, Martha, Sophie, Tasha, and Kara. Martha (who is 19) returns to the bay after 4 years and lets just say she has had a hard life :P . The first chapter is a diary enteyr and is really more of an intro, introducing the characters, relationships, and gives some hints about what has happened in the past :P

The story is told from Martha's point of view but i will still go into the other characters feelings etc.

That's it basically... i will post the first chapter later tonight but in the mean time here is a promotionaly trailer for thsi fic that i made :

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=G65ZV48I

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Here is the first chapter. Its not that interesting but it is necessary for the rest of the story to make sense so enjoy :P:D

You and Me

CHAPTER 1

Dear Diary,

So here I am, back again in Summer Bay. A place I never thought I would return to. And, yes, I’m living back here with mum, Soph and Brody.

Gee, this place has changed since I was last here. I mean yes, the actual place has changed, but so has the atmosphere. It’s no longer that happy, fun-loving place that I used to write about. There’s so much drama here now!

People no longer come here to ‘get away from it all’, they leave here to ‘get away from it all’!

Also, I never remembered how many hot guys live here! But I guess I was only fifteen when I moved away. Gosh, it was four whole years ago! It seems like only yesterday. I’ve grown a lot since then.

I mean who’d have thought Martha Mackenzie would have a diary!

But Soph and Brody have grown a lot too! I remember when we were growing up, Brody and I were so close, even though he was a year older than me. Soph and I were close too, I mean how could we not be, being twins and all.

But she was more of a girly girl. When we were really young, like five, Sophie was only interested in dolls and Barbies and thought all boys had cooties.

Me?

I loved playing in the mud and hanging out with my brother and his friends.

It was funny because Sophie and I are born in March so we were put forward a year in school and so Sophie, Brody and I were all in the same grade at school.

When we went to high school, Sophie stopped thinking boys had cooties and started developing an interest in them. I was still the same though.

I had some friends who were girls but I kept on hanging out with the boys, but I thought of them more as friends…mates.

If only they thought of me in the same way…

But I don’t want to think about that now.

The point is Sophie has grown into a really pretty, smart girl. She’s different to who she was.

Different in a good way though, I feel as though I can relate to her more.

And Brody?

He’s still the same, he’s always been the same, since kindergarten. Just a normal guy whose into footy and surfing. He taught me how to surf when I was eleven but I’ve probably forgotten how to do it.

I must get him to teach me again.

Anyway, another difference here in the bay is the people. The only people who I know here are my family, Granddad, Ric, Sally and Cassie.

Although, I never really knew Cassie.

She was sort of coming as I was leaving. From what I’m told, she’s the same age as Ric which is seventeen.

Ric and I were also really close while we were growing up. Yea, we were cousins but we weren’t close because of that.

I mean Ric and Brody were cousins but they were never close. In fact, they hated each others guts, probably because they were always competing. It was actually pretty funny watching them fight because they were just so immature.

It was like ‘he started it!’ ‘no he started it’ or ‘I’m better than you’ ‘no I’m better than you!’.

Their arguments never seemed to go anywhere just round in circles. But when I arrived this morning Brody tells me he and Ric and good mates now. I guess that’s what a few years does to guys, it matures them.

Anyway, I’m rambling, the point is there is a lot of new faces around here. For example, on one side of the house, we have the Hunters, consisting of the mum Beth and her daughters Mattie who is seventeen and Kit who is twenty-two.

Soph told me that Beth has a few other kids too but they don’t live with her. I wonder where the husband is, probably the same place as my dad, hell.

Sorry, I don’t mean to sound negative, the guy is probably real nice or was if he is dead, but in reality my dad wasn’t so I’m hoping he went to hell, he as in my dad not the other guy.

Ok so now I am really rambling and about what, dead guys!

Anyway, on the other side of us is the Holdens. The dad Tony and his two kids Lucas who is seventeen and Jack who is nineteen. The two boys are both really cute but one is too young for me and the other is taken by my stupid sister.

Damn her!

Nah, jokes.

Another thing is I found out that Flynn died which is a real blow for me. He was a really, genuinely nice guy which is hard to find nowadays. I just wish mum had found one.

I met this girl on the way here who seemed really nice. She said her name was Tasha but she was with another girl called Brianna.

She seemed like a real bitch to be honest. That may seem harsh given that I only just met her but that’s me, I always call it how it is.

This, Brianna girl, looked familiar to me. But I have absolutely no idea where I have seen her before, so maybe its just a case of de-ja-vu.

Or maybe its my brain’s way of telling me to stay away from her. To tell the truth, I don’t think Tash likes her much either but then again they were hanging out so…I don’t know.

Oh my God! I spend five minutes in Summer Bay and already I’m one of those gossipy teenagers, judging other people and their lives. It’s quite funny actually. So, I’m back here in my hometown, my house, my bed.

I’m happy to be back here, I’m happy to be home.

Martha

xx

lol thanks guys

here is the next bit

CHAPTER 2

I rolled over in bed and switched off my alarm. I looked at the time. 6:30 am! Only one person would’ve had the nerve to set my alarm that early. Brody. Only my brother would have the guts to do that because everyone who knew me knew what I did to people who woke me up early. I closed my eyes and tried to go back to sleep, but I couldn’t. I sighed and sat up in my bed. I stretched my arms out and yawned. Then I walked out into the kitchen. I decided to make myself a coffee so it would wake me up a bit better.

“Can’t sleep?” Brody sniggered walking into the kitchen. I held the boiling kettle up threateningly. Brody held his hands up, in defeat.

“I thought I’d give you a little welcome home gift,” Brody said trying to hide the smile playing on his lips. I punched him hard on his arm.

“Didn’t hurt,” said Brody stubbornly.

“Want it harder,” I asked enthusiastically. Brody shook his head. “Not so tough now are ya?” I added. Again, Brody shook his head. I laughed. I had missed this while I had been away.

Three hours later Sophie had finally gotten up.

“Gee, you sleep a lot later than I remembered,” I said.

“You’ve been away a long time,” she muttered. I think she was a bit bitter about me running away. I knew she understood why I had too but I don’t think she ever really accepted it so I just ignored her comment.

“Why are you up so early, should be the actual question,” Soph added obviously realising the bluntness of her last comment considering what I have been through. I laughed and pointed to Brody. Brody put on his innocent puppy face, which made Sophie laugh too. At that moment mum walked in.

“What are you kids laughing at?” She asked rubbing her eyes.

“Kids? I don’t see any kids around here,” Brody joked. Mum ruffled his hair.

“We all know you’re a kid a heart Brody,” mum laughed.

“Who is ‘we all’?” Brody asked grumpily patting down his hair.

“Well there’s me, Soph, mum…” I said counting on my fingers.

“What is it with girls and ganging up on guys,” Brody mumbled as he got up and walked into the

bathroom. We all laughed and mum went into the kitchen to make her breakfast.

“Well Soph, I’ve been waiting for you to ask but since you’ve obviously lost you manners over the past four years I’ll just have to mention it. When are we gonna go on a guy-perving session!” I cried. Sophie looked astonished.

“Gee, you’ve really changed, I thought I’d never hear those beautiful words come out of your mouth” Sophie said.

“I’ve been away a long time,” I laughed, grabbing Sophie’s arm and pulling her up.

Sophie and I walked along the beach, laughing, joking, talking and just catching up. We could see her boyfriend Jack approaching in the distance. I had met Jack, but hadn’t really met him met him, I guess. Sophie smiled and ran into his arms. Jack laughed, picked her up and twirled her around. Sophie giggled and kissed him passionately. I smiled, it was good to see her so happy. I approached them slowly and smiled a hello. Jack put Soph down.

“Come on,” Sophie said grabbing my wrist and dragging me down the beach, “I want you to meet some people.”

The three of us walked over to a group of people sitting around on the sand. They looked up at us and smiled.

“Guys, this is my twin sister Martha,” Sophie introduced, “Mac, these are my friends Tasha, Kara, Robbie and Jet,”

“Hey,” said Tasha jumping up, “I met you before. I didn’t know you were Soph’s sister, in fact,” Tasha turned to Soph, “I didn’t know Soph had a sister.”

“Yea,” Kara said, “Why didn’t we ever hear about a sister Soph?”

Sophie and I exchanged glances. I gave her ‘the look’, which basically said DO NOT SAY ANYTHING.

“Um…” Sophie mumbled. I saw her struggling to think up some story. I could tell she didn’t want to lie to her friends. I decided to help her out.

“I left the bay a few years ago for… um… personal reasons,” I said looking at the ground, Sophie gave me a grateful smile, “I guess Sophie was still mad at me for leaving, so she didn’t mention me.”

“Oh,” said Kara, “It’s really great to meet you.”

I smiled at her. She seemed like… I dunno…the most adventurous of the group, outgoing, loud. Tasha seemed more reserved, quiet but really friendly. Sweet was how I would describe her. Jack, he seemed nice enough, don’t get me wrong he was really friendly but my sister deserved the best and I was yet to discover if he was ‘the best’. Robbie was like Tasha, quiet, I wondered if they were a couple. I thought they would make a cute one. Jet hadn’t really said enough for me to make a judgment on him. But he was hot, like really, really hot!

“Here he comes!” Tasha cried suddenly

I turned and was surprised to see brother walking towards us.

“Hey,” he said. Tasha ran over and kissed him. I was shocked; I never knew he had a girlfriend. I couldn’t believe he was with Tash, I didn’t remember a girl like her being his type and I just assumed she was with Robbie.

“You’re late,” she whispered affectionately. Brody grinned and ran his hands through her hair.

“I woke up early, too early” he said, winking at me, “Had to have a long shower to wake me up properly and so I looked good for you,”

“Good answer,” Tasha murmured before kissing him again.

I turned back to the group. Jack was sitting down chatting to Robbie. Sophie was lying down with her head in Jack’s lap. Kara was sun baking, lying on her stomach while Jet gave her a back massage, it was pretty obvious that they were a couple. And, of course, Brody and Tasha were practically making out while standing behind the others. I felt like I had walked into couple-land. What with Jack and Sophie, Jet and Kara, Tasha and Brody, Robbie and I were the only ones single, and at least he had friends. Suddenly, I couldn’t bear it anymore.

I ran down the beach. I didn’t know where I was going, I just had to get away from them. So much had changed, I didn’t want to face it. Finally I reached a secluded spot on the beach where the others wouldn’t be able to see me. I broke down onto the sand and cried. I knew it would be hard but never this hard. It was like I didn’t even fit in here anymore, I didn’t even know my own family. It was so hard to see my brother and sister with their boyfriend/girlfriend and to see them with their life – one that I didn’t fit into. It was like they were completely ignoring me. I guess I just expected things to go back to the way they were, but they never could and I guess that’s what scared me the most. Suddenly I heard I noise behind me. I looked up to see Sophie standing there.

“What?” I asked, standing up.

“I just wanted to make sure you were ok,” Sophie said, touching my arm. I stepped away.

“Do you think I’m ok. It’s like I don’t even know you anymore. Like I don’t fit in with your life anymore,”

“Mac…”

“You completely ignored me back there, sitting with your boyfriend. Do you even care about me?” I yelled. I could see Sophie was getting angry but I kept going until finally she snapped.

“Don’t you talk to me about feeling left out, or if I care about you. You left, remember. Without so much as a goodbye, or anything. One day you were there and the next you weren’t. You never called or visited, I never heard from you for four years. I was so hurt Mac, that you could just walk out of our lives without looking back. I was angry too. Angry as hell. As far as I was concerned, I had no sister. I have a new life now, and it is not my fault if you feel left out. I’m happy. You left, now you pay the consequences,” Sophie yelled

“Aren’t you forgetting that I had to leave, Dad kicked me out,” I screamed, tears running down my face.

“And why did he kick you out? Was that his fault too?”

I looked at the ground but Sophie wasn’t finished.

“I never understood why you changed, Martha. Why’d ya do it? It ruined all our lives. Or were you just too selfish to think about us? You ask if I care about you, but did you ever care about us? Mum cried herself to sleep for a year after you left. Dad became an alcoholic. And don’t even get me started on Brody. I had to watch him day after day as he suffered. He wasn’t himself ever again. Stopped going to school for a while, started to go down the same path as you. Luckily I stopped him before I became an only child. He nearly died Martha, I caught him with drugs and alcohol. Wanted to ease the pain. Were your problems as important as his life? After dad died, we all finally moved on. You know, started a new life, met new people. Then you come waltzing back into our lives and expect everything to be the same…”

“Soph,” came a quiet voice, “I think that’s enough.”

Jack approached us and Sophie nodded slowly, tears running down her face.

“How about I meet you up in the diner in half an hour?” Jack asked her. Sophie nodded again, I think she was too upset to talk. After Sophie left, Jack came down and sat next to me.

“Look, Martha, I don’t know you but from what Soph has told me you’ve been through some pretty hard stuff…” Jack began

“Hard doesn’t even come close,” I whispered, “Anyway I thought Sophie never told anyone she had a sister,”

“She told me,” he said simply, “She didn’t tell me the story, just that you left because of personal problems. But from what I do know, you’re supposed to be a pretty cool chick,”

“Yea, I get that a lot,” I said. Jack laughed. “It’s just hard, you know, to come back here after all these years. Everything is so different. I feel like I don’t know my family anymore, and everything I ever knew is either different or gone.”

Jack nodded sympathetically.

“I can see why this would be so hard to talk about with your family,” Jack said, I nodded, “This is gonna sound a bit weird seeing as you hardly know me but I’m always here if you want to talk and I won’t judge, just a pair of new ears I guess.”

I sat there for a while, processing what he had said. After a while Jack got up to leave.

“Just keep it in mind,” he said before turning to walk away.

“Jack, wait!” I called after him, “I wanna talk.” Jack smiled.

PLEASE RATE AND REVIEW

here is the next chapter:

Its very short but the next will be longer :)

CHAPTER 3

“Haley was my best friend,” I began, “Since pre-school she was really my only girl friend. We told each other everything. We had our whole lives planned out. After school, we would go to the city and go to uni. When we both finished uni, we would travel the world together. We would each meet a guy, get married, our children would be best friends too.

You know how it goes.

But one day it all changed.

We found out she had leukemia. She only had a couple of months to live. I felt angry with her, I don’t know why, I was angry that she was leaving me. So I sort of ignored her, stopped seeing her.

It was the biggest mistake of my life.

One day I got a call saying she was dying. Eventually I went to the hospital and saw her. She looked terrible, wires connecting to her body.

She wasn’t Haley.

I never really got a chance to say goodbye.” I sobbed, “After she died I just became numb. Suddenly I didn’t care what I was doing or who I was. I started drinking and taking drugs.

This was all at the age 15. I was going out with this real ‘bad guy’, you know the type: drugs, drinking, smoking, motorbikes, the type every cop hates.

I wouldn’t listen to my family. I didn’t care who I had become. One night at this party, I was drunk and I slept with Paul, my boyfriend.

Couple of weeks later I was pregnant and my dad kicked me out. I think I woke up to myself then, but it was too late. Paul and I moved up to the city together. I knew he was cheating on me but I could never leave him while I had a baby. I could never support myself and a baby.

He never came to any of the ultrasounds or anything and always came home drunk. I was only fifteen.

The one day I had a fall, I lost the baby, Paul didn’t even come to see me at the hospital. When I came home, I caught him with another girl. I told him to get out, I had nothing left to lose, figured I could scrape enough money to survive if I got a job.

Couple of weeks ago I found out dad died so I came back. And here I am,” I finished, tears flowing constantly down my face.

Jack nodded.

“What?” I laughed through my tears.

“You were right,” he said putting an arm around me, “hard doesn’t even come close,”

“Sorry for dumping all this on you,” I said wiping away my tears and fixing my hair.

“Not at all, like I said, I’m a good listener,”

I smiled.

“Thanks, you better go, Sophie will be wondering where you are,” I said

“You sure you’ll be ok here by yourself?” Jack asked. I laughed.

“Yes. Now go. Only I know how scary my sister is when she’s angry,”

“OK,” said Jack getting up, “You should talk to her.”

I didn’t say anything and Jack left. I sat, looking out at the horizon. It felt so much better to have that off my chest. I knew it would be hard, but I would have to try.

PLEASE RATE AND REVIEW

here is the next part :D

CHAPTER 4

“Hey,” said Sophie as she opened my bedroom door and came in. I was lying in bed reading, but sat up when she came in. She came and sat on the bed.

“I’m sorry,” I began but Sophie shook her head.

“No, I am. I can’t even begin to imagine what your going through at the moment. I didn’t mean anything of what I said before,” Sophie said, “friend’s again?”

I shook my head and Sophie’s face fell.

“No, sisters,” I said smiling. Sophie smiled at me and I pulled her into a hug.

“So, you and Jack huh?” I asked sitting back again. She nodded.

“Yep, for a couple of months,”

“And Brody and Tasha?”

“Yep, now they’ve been together for ages, like one and half years,”

I whistled.

“Wow, I didn’t know he had it in him,” I said laughing

“Neither,” Sophie giggled.

We sat there for ages talking. It felt good to be on speaking terms again. It had been years since I had been able to talk to her. I told her everything about Paul, the baby and the other woman. After that talk, I felt better…it was weird feeling…like I was whole again. I truly believed at that moment that I could start my life again on a clean slate. That I could somehow finally forget my past and move on with my life. I was wrong…

The next morning I woke to the sound of shouting voices.

“I just want to see her!” shouted a male voice.

“No way. And if you want to keep your head attached to your neck, then I suggest you leave right now!” yelled Brody.

“Fine, but I’m not going to give up on this?” Then I heard the door slam. I got up, got changed and walked slowly out into the lounge room, confronted by a seething Brody.

“Who was that?” I asked, “I heard shouting.”

“No-one. Listen, everyone is meeting down the beach. You coming?”

I shrugged, I knew that there was no point arguing. If Brody said he wouldn’t tell me then he wouldn’t. He’s too stubborn. And besides, I figured it mustn’t have been that important.

Brody and I walked down to the beach. Sophie, Kara, Jet and Tasha were all there waiting. Robbie and Jack were running late. As soon as we reached the group, Brody pulled Sophie aside and they began whispering intently. That left me with the others. It was kind of awkward, considering my little tantrum the day before. But luckily, Jack and Robbie arrived, taking the spot light off me. After a while, Jack came over to me.

“How are you feeling?” he asked.

“Much better,” I said smiling, “Do you want to go for a walk?”

Jack looked over at Sophie, hesitating for a moment.

“Sure, ok,” he said looking back at me. I smiled.

Jack and I walked along the beach. Neither of us had said anything in a while, but there was something I needed to say. I took a deep breath.

“Jack…” I began.

“Yea,” he said, looking out to sea.

“Yesterday, I wasn’t being completely honest with you…”

Suddenly I stopped in my tracks. Jack looked at me weirdly but I hardly noticed. There in the distance was a figure approaching us. I couldn’t see his face, but I knew from the way he was walking who it was. I knew Jack was talking to me, but I couldn’t hear him. His voice was being drowned out by my fear. Every muscle, every nerve, everything in my body was tense. All my senses were focused on the person walking towards us. He was coming closer every second. By now I could see his face, I could see him smiling. I felt Jack’s hand on my arm but after a few seconds, my body went numb and I could no longer feel it. All of a sudden, I could hear voices shouting and I turned to see Brody and Sophie running towards us with the rest of the gang following, each wearing the same confused expression that Jack was.

“Paul!” Brody shouted. There it was. The name I’d hoped that I would forget. The sound of it ringing through my ears, each syllable replaying itself in my head. It was so clear and yet so muffled. That one word meant so much for me: memories long forgotten, feelings I never knew I could feel. That word, which used to mean love now meant fear.

“I told you it wasn’t over,” Paul sneered, “I told you I was going to see her.”

He touched my arm with his deathly cold fingers. The same spot where Jack had touched me moments before for comfort was now being touched again, this time for a reason much worse. My blood went cold. Brody ran forward and grabbed hold of his collar. Paul just laughed. Brody pushed him onto the sand.

“Brody…” Tasha said, stepping forward. Brody ignored her.

“You should listen to your girlfriend, mate,” Paul said smiling, picking himself up off the sand.

“Don’t you bring her into this,” Brody said threateningly.

“Or what?” Paul asked, still smiling.

Brody punched him hard and Paul was knocked again to the sand. Jack ran forward to help Brody. Sophie ran over and hugged me. I let myself be held, but I was still numb, feeling no emotion. All of a sudden I could feel cold tears falling from my eyes and suddenly I couldn’t be there any more. I pulled away from Sophie and began running. I didn’t know where I was going, I didn’t even know where I was. For those few moments, me and the wind were the only things left on the earth. But soon I began to slow down. I fell down onto my knees and collapsed in my cries. After a while my sobs subsided and I lay down in the sand. I looked up into the bight blue sky and let my eyes get lost in its emptiness. Soon, I heard approaching foot steps and I turned to see Jack coming towards me. He sat down next to where I was lying, not saying a word. I sat up and leaned against him. He put his strong arms around me and held me while I cried. It was strange that a boy whom I had only met the day before could provide so much comfort, but he did.

“Jack,” I whispered after a while, “I need to tell you something.”

Jack murmured a response that I couldn’t hear so I just kept going.

“The baby, I didn’t lose it…”

PLEASE RATE AND REVIEW

next chapter....

CHAPTER 5

“What?” Jack said turning to look at me.

“I lied. I had the baby. Paul didn’t even come to the birth. I gave the baby up for adoption. The rest

of the story went the way I said it, I went home and found Paul in bed with another girl and I kicked him out. But Jack, I had the baby. I had a child,” I sobbed, “And I just gave it away, just like that, without a second thought.”

“Martha, you were young…”

“No,” I said, “Don’t try and make excuses for what I did. It was wrong and heartless. Just because I was screwed up…Jack I gave away a life, my life, my baby.”

“What was it?” Jack asked softly after a moment of silence, “A boy or a girl?”

“A girl,” I whispered, “Charli-rose, her name was Charli-rose. And I didn’t even meet her new parents, the nurse told me that she was going to Mr. and Mrs. Davis, but I never wanted to meet them . I just filled out the paper work and left her at the hospital. I didn’t even hold her, not once.”

“So Paul knows?”

I nodded.

“Yes. But I don’t know why he wants to see me after all this time, I mean it’s not as if he wanted the baby in the first place.”

“Martha, you can’t keep beating yourself up about this. You were young, only 15.”

“I know, but today, she is turning four. It’s her birthday.”

Jack sighed.

“I can’t even imagine what you’re going through. Does your family know?”

I shook my head.

“No and they can’t know.”

“Martha…”

“No Jack, I don’t want them to know.”

“Martha, this is when you need your family the most. At least think about telling them.”

“Fine,” I said, “You’d better go or else Sophie might start getting suspicious.”

Jack laughed.

“Thank you,” I said. Jack just smiled.

“Are you sure you’ll be ok?”

“I’ll be fine, now go!” I said smiling.

I sat on the beach for the rest of the day, thinking about everything. May the 16th. Charli-rose’s 4th birthday. Soon it started to get dark so I figured I’d better go home, otherwise mum might start to worry. I got up from the sand and began slowly walking up the beach. Suddenly I heard a familiar voice. A voice that made my blood run cold and made shivers go down my spine.

“Martha Mackenzie. I thought I was going to have to work harder to get you by yourself, but you made it easy for me,”

“Paul, what do you want?” I asked nervously but he wasn’t listening.

“Your big brother always following you around, making sure you don’t get into any trouble.”

He touched my arm. It was like I froze. I couldn’t move or speak. He moved forward and pressed his lips hard up against mine. His fingers ran down my arm. I tried to push him away but he was too strong for me. He pushed me down onto the sand, his body on top of mine. I felt like I was suffocating. His hands were running all over my body.

I wanted to die right then. My feeble attempts to push him off were affecting Paul less and less as I grew tired of trying to fight.

“I always knew you loved me,” Paul whispered into my ear, as he pulled off my top. He threw my top away, where I wouldn’t be able to reach it. Paul began to move his hands to undo my bra strap…

TO BE CONTINUED…

here is the next bit

previously in summer bay

“What?” Jack said turning to look at me.

“I lied. I had the baby. Paul didn’t even come to the birth. I gave the baby up for adoption. The rest of the story went the way I said it, I went home and found Paul in bed with another girl and I kicked him out. But Jack, I had the baby. I had a child,” I sobbed

“Martha Mackenzie. I thought I was going to have to work harder to get you by yourself, but you made it easy for me,”

“Paul, what do you want?” I asked nervously but he wasn’t listening.

“Your big brother always following you around, making sure you don’t get into any trouble.”

He touched my arm. It was like I froze. I couldn’t move or speak. He moved forward and pressed his lips hard up against mine. His fingers ran down my arm. I tried to push him away but he was too strong for me. He pushed me down onto the sand, his body on top of mine. I felt like I was suffocating. His hands were running all over my body. I wanted to die right then. My feeble attempts to push him off were affecting Paul less and less as I grew tired of trying to fight.

“I always knew you loved me,” Paul whispered into my ear, as he pulled off my top. He threw my top away, where I wouldn’t be able to reach it. Paul began to move his hands to undo when my bra strap…

CHAPER 6

… when suddenly I heard a voice shouting. I knew that voice straight away... Jack.

Jack ran over and pulled Paul of me. He punched Paul hard, knocking him to the ground. Paul picked himself up off the ground and was just about to hit Jack back, when Jack interrupted him.

“I wouldn’t…”

Paul might have had a lot of strength over me, but Jack was bigger than him and could beat him any day. Paul looked as though he was weighing up the advantages and disadvantages. After a moment he turned and ran, knowing that Jack would almost defiantly call the cops, he didn’t want to stick around. Jack ran over to me and wrapped his arms around me. I buried my face into him for the second time that day and cried.

“Shh,” Jack murmured, “It’s ok now. He’s gone. Your safe, I’m not going anywhere.”

After a couple of minutes, Jack led me over to my top and help me put it back on. I didn’t say anything. I didn’t want to even think about what might have happened if Jack hadn’t come. Jack began to pull out his mobile phone.

“What are you doing?” I asked.

Jack looked at me strangely.

“Calling the cops.”

“No Jack…”

“Martha you have to.”

“They’ll make me go over and over it.” I said.

“Martha, you need to do this,” Jack said. I thought about it for a moment.

“Fine, but can we go home first?” I asked, crossing my arms over my chest in the cold. Jack smiled and put his jacket around me.

“Sure.”

I walked into my house behind Jack. Brody looked up from the lounge, and he could tell from the look on my face that something was wrong. He jumped up and walked over to us.

“What’s wrong?” he asked. Neither Jack nor I answered. All of a sudden I needed to have my big brother’s arms around me.

I wrapped my arms around his waist and let the tears flow from my eyes. Brody’s arms immediately returned my hug. He looked at Jack questioningly but Jack looked away.

“What is it?” he asked, “What’s wrong?”

I pulled away from Brody and looked at Jack.

“Can we call the cops now?” he asked.

“Wait,” Brody said, “Why do we need to call the cops?”

PLEASE RATE AND REVIEW

here is the next bit :D

CHAPTER 7

“Ms Mackenzie, can you just go over it one more time?”

I sighed.

“Please,” Brody said, looking at me, “Don’t make her say it again.”

“I’m sorry , we just need to hear it again.”

“Why,” Brody said loudly, “She’s said three times already. Nothing has changed in the past 10 minutes. Instead asking my sister to repeat the same story a thousand times, shouldn’t you be out trying to get Paul. Isn’t that your job?”

“Brody!” mum said.

“It’s ok, Mrs. Mackenzie. Young man, you have to understand that we are doing everything we can here.”

“No your not. You know what happened and you know who did it, so what’s keeping you here?”

The two officers exchanged glances.

“Oh what you think she’s lying?” Brody yelled.

“Brody…” mum said again.

“No mum. This is a joke. Can’t you see how much it is hurting her to keep going over and over it.”

“Very well. Ms Mackenzie your excused. Interview ceased at 7:02 pm.”

“Martha, are you ok?” Sophie asked as Brody, mum, Jack and I walked through the door.

“Not really,” I answered truthfully.

“Why? What happened?” Sophie asked worriedly.

“I don’t really want to talk about it. I’m going to bed.” I said, walking into my room and closing the door behind me. Sophie looked desperately at Jack. He shook his head.

“It’s not my place to say,” he said giving her a quick peck on the lips, “I’ll see you tomorrow.”

Jack left, leaving Sophie standing in the lounge room very annoyed.

“Mum, Brody,” she said, exasperated, “Can somebody please tell me what’s going on?”

Mum and Brody exchanged glances.

“Soph, Martha…” Brody began.

I rolled over in bed the next morning. I really didn’t want to get up. I didn’t want to face the questions, and the stares and…I just really didn’t want to face the world. I sighed, my life was such a mess. I had only been in Summer Bay for a few dyes and already something bad had happened. It seemed bad luck followed me wherever I went. Suddenly I heard a knock at my door.

“Martha,” came a soft voice, “It’s Sophie. Are you awake?”

I didn’t answer. I heard the door handle start to turn so I quickly shut my eyes, pretending to be asleep. Sophie walked in and saw me sleeping. She sighed and sat down on the edge of my bed. I continued my steady breathing, hoping she would accept that I was asleep and leave. She looked at me sadly and a silent tear rolled down her face.

“Martha, I don’t know whether your asleep or not, but I just want you to know that I’m here if you want to talk…” she paused, “and…I want you to know that I love you very much.”

Then she got up and walked quietly out of my room, closing the door behind her. As soon as she was gone I sat up and put my hand to my head. I felt the tears run down my cheeks. I didn’t know what to do.

I thought back to a few years ago. Before the baby, before Paul, before the drinking and the taking drugs, I thought back to before Haley’s death and before all my problems began. I remember having my life all planned out and I couldn’t figure out how I had gotten to this point. A point where I didn’t know what to do or where to go with my life. A point where I was actually ashamed of myself, my life and all the things I have done.

I tried to pin-point where it had all the sadness had started and where all the happiness had ended. I felt like, before I could move on, I needed to first understand my past, understand where it all went wrong…

PLEASE RATE AND REVIEW

here is the next bit

sorry its such a short chapter...but oh well

CHAPTER 8

I heard a knock at my door.

“Who is it?” I called softly.

“It’s Jack,” came a voice, “I just want to see how your doing. Can I come in?”

I didn’t answer. Jack took that as a yes. He slowly turned the door handle and came and sat next to me on the bed.

“I don’t want to talk,” I said turning my head away from Jack so that he wouldn’t see the tears well up in my eyes.

“Well, I’m here if you decide you want to talk, I’ll be here if you don’t want to talk, if you just want some company. I just want you to know that I’m here for you.” Jack said softly, looking at me.

I nodded, knowing that if I spoke my voice would crack and my tears would spill freely from my eyes. We sat there in silence for a while, before suddenly I felt the first tear roll down my cheek. After that, I had no control, and before I knew it I was sobbing.

“Hey,” Jack said pulling me close, “It’s ok.”

“No it’s not,” I sobbed, “I’ve got a child I never knew, my dad kicked me out, I’m back in my home town after four years, my ex is stalking me, I don’t even know my family anymore and someone’s just tried to rape me. Everything is NOT ok!”

“Ok, bad choice of words,” Jack said smiling, “Everything is GOING to be ok.” I shook my head.

“Just before, when Paul…was…- I wanted to die…-…” I said, choking on every word.

“Martha, don’t talk like that!”

“Well, I mean…I’ve already screwed up my life enough,”

“Martha, no you haven’t, listen to yourself. You’ve got a loving family, a home, a bed, clothes, money food, which is more than what some people have. Sure, you’ve been through some difficult times, but everyone gets a second chance and this is yours. You’ve got to embrace it not spend your life worrying over the past.” Jack said. I smiled.

“I’m not some crazy person you know, I’m not going to go and kill myself. Just sometimes I feel…I don’t know. But your right, I should be grateful. From now on, no more sulking.”

“Martha I didn’t mean that you have to shut it out…”

But I wasn’t listening.

“I don’t want to talk anymore, let’s go…do something!” I bounced off my bed and walked out the door. Jack watched me walk out before putting his head in his hands.

“That girl needs help,” he murmured.

“Who needs help?” Sophie asked appearing at the doorway. Jack smiled and pulled her over onto his lap.

“I think I may just have done more harm than good…”

PLEASE RATE AND REVIEW

Archived