You And Me

Guest kaciexox

the next bit:

CHAPTER 9

“Martha, I think we should have a talk,” Sophie said, approaching me after dinner. She sat down next to me on the lounge. I turned off the TV and turned to face her.

“What’s up?” I asked.

“I think you need to talk about…about well what happened last night,”

“What’s there to talk about? I’ve done all the talking and now I just want to move on.”

“But Martha, that doesn’t mean shutting everything out. You need to deal with it first.” Sophie said.

“Soph, I’ve dealt with it. I don’t need you to tell me what to do.” I said, my voice raising.

“But Martha…”

“I don’t need to talk about it and that’s that!” I yelled.

“Are sure it’s not that you don’t want to talk about it. That your shutting it out, not dealing with it, can’t bear to face.”

“No Sophie! And if you don’t mine, I would like to go back to watching TV now!”

Sophie sighed and got up. She walked over to Brody.

“She’s not dealing with it,” she whispered into his ear.

“I heard that!” I yelled from the lounge. Sophie and Brody exchanged worried looks.

“This is all my fault!” Jack said, lying onto the sand. The gang were hanging at the beach the next morning, waiting for me to finish swimming so that we could all go up to the diner.

“No, it’s not!” Sophie said, kissing Jack quickly.

“It’s just like girls…their moods change all over the place, I wouldn’t worry about it mate,” Jet said smiling. Sophie, Kara and Tasha all turned to him. He smiled guiltily and Kara smacked him over the head.

“No seriously,” Jack continued, “One minute she was all depressed and the next and happy…”

“Yea and snappy, especially whenever you mention the words ‘Paul’, ‘that night’ or ‘talk about it’ Sophie said.

“She’s not dealing with it at all,” Tasha said, “Someone’s got to get through to her…”

“Well I’ve tried,” Sophie said, “And she doesn’t want to hear it.”

“What about you Jack?” Brody said, looking over at him, “You got through to her once.”

Jack nodded.

“I’ll try, but I can’t promise anything,” Jack said getting up.

“Good luck!” Sophie said.

“We’ll meet you up at the diner,” Robbie said, looking at his watch. Jack held up his hand.

“Ah…I wouldn’t put a time on this mate, it could take a while.” Jack said smiling.

“Just as long as it works!” Brody said, getting up and starting to pack up his things. The others started to follow. Jack nodded and he pulled off his shirt. He ran down to join me in the water as the others headed up towards the diner.

“How is it?” Jack called to me from the shore.

“Beautiful,” I called back, throwing my arms back and floating on the back. Jack dived under the water and came up a few meters away from me. He swam the remaining distance and popped up again. I giggled.

“Martha, I think we need to talk about what happened…”

I opened my mouth to speak but Jack held up his hands.

“When I said embrace your life, I didn’t exactly mean forget all the bad stuff. You have to deal with it, don’t shut it out and don’t say that that you’re not shutting it out because I know you are.”

“Jack…I just want to forget about it,” I said softly.

“Martha, that’s just the thing, you need to work through it. Whatever doesn’t kill you makes you stronger.”

“But I’m scared …that if I deal with it and let it in that it will break me. That I won’t be able to deal with it. I’ve been through so much, I think another thing would…kill me. I don’t want to face it; I don’t want to deal with it because I’m scared of what will happen, what I might do if I do.”

“Martha, I don’t think you have a choice. But you have lots of support, Brody, Sophie, your mum and dad, me…”

“I know, but I just thought that I could maybe just shut it out for as long as I could. Forget about it…”

“Do you want to go for a walk?” Jack asked me, “We can talk.” I nodded and followed him back to shore.

PLEASE RATE AND REVIEW

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

“Martha, I don’t think you have a choice. But you have lots of support, Brody, Sophie, your mum and dad, me…”

I thought the dad was dead??

:lol: yea i forgot about that stupid me <_<

anyways here is the next bit

CHAPTER 10

It had been three weeks since the…incident. I had really recovered a lot and that was partly because of Jack. We had been spending a lot of time with each other over the past weeks, and he had really helped me to get through it. We had become really good friends.

“Jack!” I whined, pulling at his hand, “Come for a swim, pleeease!”

Jack laughed, jumped up from the sand and chased me down into the water. I was so busy laughing that I didn’t notice Sophie giving me a dirty look. Brody looked over at us then at Sophie.

“They’re just friends,” he said softly. Sophie shook her head.

“Things have been different ever since Martha came home…it’s like with me he’s always distant and dreamy and when I see him with her it’ like…well it’s like what it used to be like with us.”

Tasha put her arm around Sophie.

“If your worried you should talk to him, but Mac is your sister, she would never do anything to hurt you.” Tasha said, trying to reassure my sister.

“Not intentionally,” Sophie mumbled, looking over at Jack and I, wrestling and laughing in the water.

“Jack-stop-ok-I-surrender-you-win!” I said through gasps of air. Jack stopped splashing me and grabbed at my waist. My head fell about laughing as he tickled my sides. Finally he stopped, his head inches from mine. I started into his eyes for a while before reluctantly tearing them away. I looked over at Sophie and the rest of my friends sitting on the beach, their backs to us. I felt the guilt start to trickle through me as I realized how Sophie must have been feeling. I was there wrestling and playing around with her boyfriend while she sat up on the beach watching.

“Oh God,” I muttered under my breath.

“What?” Jack asked me. I didn’t answer. I just started to make my way back up to the beach, walking slowly at first, my pace quickening with each step. Jack ran up after me and caught my arm.

“Martha, what’s wrong,” he asked worriedly.

“My sister is what’s wrong…” I hissed.

“Sister? Oh right Sophie, what’s wrong with her?”

“Jack, she’s your girlfriend. We have been so selfish. Tell me honestly how much time you’ve spent with her over these past few weeks.”

“Um…” Jack said, hesitating.

“Exactly, you can’t even tell me. God what were we thinking? This has to stop now! No more hanging out, no more ringing up for late night chats and defiantly no more sleepovers!”

Jack laughed.

“Come on, that was one time!”

“And can you imagine what Sophie would say if she found out!”

“It’s not like we did anything, we’re just friends”

“I don’t think she’s going to see it that way!”

Jack sighed.

“Your right, I know. But I have so much fun hanging with you.”

“Jack, ever since I got here everything’s been all about me. Now I’ve got to think of someone else for a change.”

And with that I turned away and reluctantly walked up the beach away from Jack. I heard Jack’s footsteps following me.

“Hey,” said Jack sitting down next to Sophie and pulling her in for a kiss, “Want to go out tonight, just you and me?”

I turned away, wiping the stray tear away furiously. Why did I always fall for the wrong guy?

PLEASE RATE AND REVIEW

CHAPTER 11

1 MONTH LATER

Sophie was sitting on the lounge in an empty house, her face crestfallen, her eyes dark. She let a single tear roll down her face. Suddenly the front door flew open and Tasha walked in. She smiled and jumped down on the lounge next to Sophie.

“How did your night go with Jack last night?”

“It didn’t.”

“What do you mean?”

“I cancelled,” Sophie said looking down.

“Why? And where is everyone?” Sophie asked, looking around.

“Mum and Brody went into the city and I have no idea where Martha is, probably somewhere with Jack.”

“What- Sophie where is this coming from. You know that you have nothing to worry about with Martha and Jack. He helped her through a hard time and now they hardly even speak.”

“Don’t you think that’s a bit weird?” Sophie asked, still looking down.

“No. He’s too preoccupied with you.”

“Yea but he’s not himself when he’s with me. And ever since they stopped hanging out Martha’s been acting weird too”

“You don’t think they have done anything do you?”

“No. But I think they may want to. And anyway, it gives me an excuse to break up with Jack.” Sophie said.

“Sophie, what are you talking about?”

“Nowadays it’s different between us. It seems forced; it doesn’t feel right anymore-almost as if I’m with someone else’s boyfriend.”

“Do you still love him?” Tasha whispered.

Sophie nodded.

“Then whatever problems you have, you can work through them. As long as you love him…”

“Sometimes love just isn’t enough, as much as you want it to be,” Sophie whispered, tears falling from her face. Tasha put her arm around Sophie. Just at that moment Jack walked through the front door. Sophie quickly wiped the tears from her eyes.

“What is it with people barging through my door these days?” she mumbled.

“What?” asked Jack

“Nothing,” said Sophie plastering a smile on her face. Jack looked at her worriedly.

“What’s wrong?”

Tasha looked from Sophie to Jack then stood up.

“Um…I’m going to go and…do stuff,” she said pointing to the door and hurrying out. Sophie turned to Jack who came and sat down beside her.

“Soph, what is it? What’s wrong? Talk to me,” Jack said looking at her.

Sophie turned away as she prepared to tell Jack.

“I can’t do this anymore.”

“Do what?”

“Us. This crazy love/friendship triangle thing we’ve got going on. It’s crazy and its stupid and it has to stop,”

“Martha what are you talking about?”

“My name is Sophie,” Sophie whispered.

“That’s what I meant. Sophie what are you talking about?”

“Your in love with my sister aren’t you?” Sophie mumbled looking down.

“What? No way! I’m in love with you!”

“Do you really believe that Jack? Or are you just trying to convince yourself?”

Jack didn’t answer. Sophie sighed.

“Just like I said, stupid and crazy…”

“Sophie…”

“No Jack, you don’t even have the guts to tell it to my face!”

“Martha no-just listen…”

“Stop calling me Martha!” Sophie screamed jumping up, “My name is Sophie. So-ph-ie”

“Sorry, Sophie…I’m a bit out of it today,”

“Today? Jack your out of it every day. When I’m with you, it feels like your not even there. Like you’ve disappeared inside yourself and I have to dig to get you out. And each time I find myself digging further and further until now, when I’m sick of bloody digging!” Sophie yelled.

“I’m sorry…”

“What for Jack, for making me feel like a bloody fool for not seeing this coming or are you sorry that you chose the wrong sister!”

“Sophie, I think your being a little melodramatic here…”

“Me-melodramatic!” Sophie cried.

“Ok, look. Let’s just talk about this calmly. I don’t really know why your upset, actually

to be honest I don’t really know what’s going on here!”

“Typical!”

“Excuse me…”

“Just admit it Jack, your in love with my sister!”

“Sophie-stop it your being ridiculous. Your acting like a spoilt little brat!” Jack yelled,

jumping to his feet. Sophie fell silent.

“You are a two-timing bastard!” Sophie shouted.

“I hung out with your sister a couple of times and look how your acting. I don’t know what I ever saw in you!” Jack spat.

“Get out!” Sophie screamed at him.

“Gladly!”

“We’re over!” Sophie screamed

“Oh we are so over!” Jack yelled back. He stormed out of the house and slammed the door behind him.

“I HATE YOU!” Sophie screamed at the door, “I hate you, I hate you, I hate you!”

Sophie lent her head against the door.

“I love you,” she sobbed as she slid down the door and pulled her knees to her chest, “Oh Jack I love you so much, why don’t you love me? Why does everyone love my sister?”

Sophie put her head on her knees and rocked gently back and forth, sobbing.

PLEASE RATE AND REVIEW

the next bit::

CHAPTER 12

I was approaching the front door of my house when the door suddenly flew open and Jack stormed out.

“Jack? What’s wrong?” I asked hurrying to keep up with him. Jack didn’t answer, he just kept walking angrily until he reached the beach, where he sat down with his head in his hands. I sat down quietly next to him and cautiously put my arm around him. He had been there for me ever since I had arrived in Summer Bay and now it was my turn.

“Jack, what’s wrong?” I asked again quietly.

“Sophie, she broke up with me,” he said quietly.

“What? Why?” I asked.

Jack looked up at me.

“She thinks I’m in love with you,”

I didn’t say anything, I just sat there in silence before I finally added.

“Are you?”

“Honestly…I don’t know. Of course I didn’t tell her that…but she’s got it in her head that I love you…”

“Do you love her?” I asked

Jack hesitated

“Yes-I suppose I do. But not in the same way that I used to. I guess I thought we could work through

it. I guessed wrong.” Jack said, looking out onto the horizon, “But the thing that gets me is that – she’s right. I do have some sort of feelings for you.”

I sat there in silence before slowly getting up. I turned to leave but Jack caught my hand.

“Please don’t be scared off because of what I just said,”

“Oh Jack, I’m not scared off by that. I am scared though. Scared of the fact that I feel the same way, scared of what might happen when we are together, and scared that I won’t be able to resist you. But

I know I have to, for Sophie’s sake.”

“God, why is life so complicated,” Jack said jumping up and grabbing my hands, “Why can’t I just be with you? Wait- don’t answer that, I already know the answer,” Jack said.

I looked into his eyes and saw the sadness, the fear, the frustration but most of all the longing. Suddenly something clicked inside my body, a need to do whatever it takes to make him feel better.

Before I knew what I was doing, I leant in and our lips met. I moved my body forward, to be closer to his. I felt his hands on my face as he kissed me harder and with more passion. I knew my hands were around his waist. It felt so right, yet it was so wrong. I pulled away.

“I’m sorry, I don’t know what came over me,”

“Martha…”

“Um - sorry. I can’t do this. I – uh – have to go” I said my fingers on my lips. I turned and walked away. I could hear Jack shouting my name behind me, but I kept walking. God what was I thinking?

As soon as he becomes available I kiss him.

‘Stupid,’ I said to myself, my fist on my forehead, ‘Stupid, stupid, stupid!’

PLEASE RATE AND REVIEW

the next bit

CHAPTER 13

“Martha!” Jack said, banging on the front door.

“What!” I hissed stepping outside the house and closing the front door behind me, “Do you know what time it is?” I exclaimed wrapping my arms around my body.

“Yes. It’s 6:30am. I wanted to catch you before you went to work,” Jack said smiling wrapping his arms around me. I pulled away.

“Jack!” I whispered hoarsely, “You know I don’t have a job!”

“Oh yea,” Jack said playing dumb and wrapping his arms around me again, “I guess I wanted to catch you before everyone woke up,”

“What’s that supposed to mean?” I asked.

“Oh I think you know,” Jack said suggestively, pulling me forward and kissing me passionately. I kissed him back…

I sat up suddenly in bed.

“It was just a dream,” I told myself, “You didn’t really kiss Jack and you didn’t really enjoy it…”

‘But you would have,” came a little voice from inside me.

“Shut up,” I told myself, “he’s off limits and that’s that!”

“You know,” Sophie said appearing in the door way, “Talking to yourself is the first sign of madness.”

“Sophie!” I said, caught off guard…I was wondering how much she had heard, “Um- what did I say?”

“Ok Martha—asking what you just said when you were talking to yourself is the second sign of madness,” Sophie said coming and sitting down on the edge of my bed.

“Sophie…what did I say?”

“You just told yourself to shut up.”

“Oh…I’m really sorry about you and Jack,” I said trying to change the subject. Sophie shrugged, pretending not to care but inside she was bleeding.

“It was coming for a long time,”

I looked over at the clock. It read 2 am.

“Sophie,” I began, “It’s 2am…” I said wanting her to get to the point so I could go back to bed.

“Oh sorry,” she said, “I just heard you talking and wanted to make sure you were ok. Well, goodnight.”

Sophie got up and walked out of my room. I sighed and rolled over in bed. I knew that that was a close call.

20 minutes later I was still awake, I just couldn’t seem to be able to go to sleep. I needed to talk to someone and I knew who that someone was.

“Jack!” I whispered knocking softly on his bedroom window, “Jack!”

Jack opened the window slowly, his eyes blurry, his hair messy. I must have had a moment if weaknesses because just then more that ever I wanted to run my hands through his hair, feel his skin on mine…

“Martha,” Jack said rubbing his eyes, “Do you know what time it is?”

“Yes,” I whimpered, tears forming in my eyes, “But I didn’t know who else to come to.”

Jack took one look at my desperate face and climbed out the window. He took my shaking hand and led me down to the beach in the dark. We sat down and Jack pulled me close, putting his arm around me. I buried my head in his shoulder and let myself cry. It was weird – normally I would have been embarrassed to cry in front of someone but not with Jack. It was like with Jack, I let my guard down, let my emotions run free. Jack stroked my hair silently.

“I’m just so confused,” I whispered.

“I know,” Jack said, “me too.”

“I want to be with you,” I continued, “But it is wrong on so many levels.”

“Hey, nothing else matters if it’s right for us.”

I looked up at Jack.

“But she’s my sister, it would kill her,” I said shaking my head.

“I don’t want to hurt her either, Martha. But for every inch of me that doesn’t want to hurt her there’s two that want to be with you.”

“I know but it just seems all so wrong.”

We looked at each other for a while in silence.

“You have no idea how much I want to kiss you right now,” Jack said, breaking the silence. He pushed my hair from my face and inched closer to me. I looked away.

“Jack…” I began.

“Shh,” he said as he leaned over and let his lips touch mine. I pulled away for a split second before kissing passionately back. It was like I could no longer resist him, for a second I didn’t care about Sophie or anyone else…all I knew was that this was right. After what seemed like forever I pulled away again.

“I have to get going…” I said reluctantly.

“Noo,” Jack said kissing my lips again, “Let’s stay here tonight…just you, me and and the stars.”

I laughed.

“What about the crabs and the…” I stopped because a forgotten memory had just resurfaced, “what about all the men that hang around…”

Jack smiled.

“I promise I will never ever let that happen to you again. Your safe with me.”

I trusted him, I knew I would be safe.

“But I’m cold,” I said softly. Jack laughed and pulled off his pajama top and handed it to me.

“Here,” he said handing it to me.

“But now your going to be freezing, you have no top on!” I said gratefully putting it around me bare

shoulders. Jack laughed again.

“I won’t freeze…I’ve got you to warm me up.”

I laughed and rest my head against Jack’s bare chest. Jack put his arm around me and I snuggled into him.

“Goodnight,” Jack said, kissing me softly.

PLEASE RATE AND REVIEW

ok let me just say there is more to Martha's past....

Ok I’d just like to state what happened to Paul. The police never found him and because there had been no word from him, everyone guessed that he was gone and wasn’t going to come back. Also I forgot to put this in the fic but Martha’s mum has gone away to Europe for a trip for five months. Also let me just say there are more hidden truths from Martha’s past.

CHAPTER 14

“Wake up sleepyhead,” Jack said. I groaned and rolled over and my body hit the sand. I sat up suddenly and Jack laughed.

“It woke me up to,” he said.

“Oh my God,” I whispered, “I can’t believe we slept on the beach!”

“Pretty cool, ay?” Jack said grinning.

“Yes, but I really have to get home before anyone notices I’m gone.” I said getting up.

“Wait,” Jack said pulling me back, “Are we…together now?”

I smiled and kissed Jack passionately on the lips. He smiled.

“I take that as a yes.”

“But we can’t tell anyone, especially not Sophie. It would destroy her.”

Jack nodded obediently.

“Just as long as I have you…I am the happiest man in the world.”

I smiled and kissed him again, before giving him back his pajama top and running home. As soon as I reached my bedroom window, I climbed through it silently and hopped back into bed. It was 7 am, my brother would probably wake me up soon. Sure enough the door flew open. I don’t know why Brody loved waking me up at such an early hour, I have no idea why he loves to torment me like that.

“Rise and shine!” he yelled opening the blinds and letting the sunlight blind me. I groaned and put my pillow over my head. Brody took my pillow and tore the blankets off me and started dragging them towards the door.

“Mum wants to wash the sheets today,” Brody said laughing at me.

“Brody!” I groaned, “Mum’s not even awake yet!”

“But when she wakes up,” Brody said still laughing, “she will want all the sheets waiting for her! Now get up!”

I jumped up from my bed, grabbed a spare pillow that was lying on the floor and hit Brody with it.

“Well, if that’s the way you want to be!” Brody yelled grabbing another pillow and bashing me with it.

“Can you guys shut up!” Sophie said, walking into my bedroom, and yawning. As soon as I saw her a rush of guilt hit me. It finally clicked that I was ‘with’ Jack when they had only broken up the day before. I couldn’t look her in the eye let alone talk to her.

“I have to go,” I said, looking down and running out of my room. Sophie and Brody exchanged glances.

“Something I said?” Sophie asked, rubbing her eyes. Brody shrugged then grinned as he hit her over the head with a pillow. Sophie looked at him strangely for a while before walking out of the room.

“I’m not 6, Brody. Grow up,” she said on her way out. Brody pulled a face at her back.

“Your no fun,” he muttered, “Where’s Martha?”

I ran from the house, out onto the street until I finally reached the beach. I walked along the shore, letting the cool water lap around me feet. I laughed to myself, why was my life always so screwed up? When I came to Summer Bay, I made a promise to simplify my life, and yet, I had managed to screw it all up again. Suddenly, an eerie feeling came over me. It was a familiar feeling for me, but still unpleasant. I turned around abruptly but no one was there. I inhaled deeply and continued walking, trying to ignore the nagging feeling that someone was there, watching my every move.

“Martha!” came a voice. I turned around again.

“Oh, Brianna, its only you. How have you been? I haven’t seen you since the first day I came.”

“I’ve seen you. And I think you know who I am,” Brianna said.

“What are you talking about ? Your Brianna…I don’t know what your talking about…” I said, starting to get a bit scared.

“Oh I think you do,” came another voice from behind me, “Take a closer look at her face.”

I knew who it was, before I even turned around.

“Paul,” I whispered, taking a step away from him. Even though it was daylight, it was early and there was no one around, I was scared. Paul walked around me and stood next to Brianna. He ran a hand slowly down her cheek.

“Surely you know who she is…I’d recognize these cheekbones anywhere.”

I took another step back but Paul grabbed my arm and yanked me towards Brianna.

“Take a closer look,” he sneered. I started breathing heavily, I could tell it was annoying Paul but I couldn’t help it I was so scared.

“Stop doing that! Look at her!” Paul yelled, tightening his grip on my arm. I reluctantly raised my head to look at Brianna. Suddenly it all clicked.

“Oh my God,” I breathed.

“Yes that’s better,” Paul said, “And I think I know what we want. I think you know what Brianna and I are doing back in the bay.”

At that moment I was the more scared I have ever been in my life. I turned and tried to run away but Paul caught my arm and pulled me back.

“Help!” I screamed, tears flowing down my face. Brianna laughed.

“No one can hear you,” she said, smiling, “And no one is going to save you.”

“What do you want,” I cried.

“Oh I think you know,” Paul whispered in my ear, “But before we discuss this anymore I think we should go a place a little more, lets say, private.”

“I’m not going anywhere you or that bitch,” I spat at them.

“Well I’ve got news for you baby, you don’t have a choice,” Paul said grabbing my arm and pulling up the beach.

“No,” I screamed, tears falling from my eyes, “No. Please. Help, somebody.”

“Nobody’s going to hear you, you little slut!” Paul sneered at me and he dragged me over to his car where he tied my wrists and feet together and put tape over my mouth. Then he pushed me onto the floor of the backseat of the car so that I wouldn’t be seen. Then Paul and Brianna jumped into the car and they sped away from the beach.

PLEASE RATE AND REVIEW

now there probably won't be an update for a couple of days :P

ok i should put a warning here for lanuage

CHAPTER 15

“Now Martha let’s talk about what we’re doing here. Just to refresh your memory lets go over that fateful day four years ago. You had just given birth…” Paul began.

“And you couldn’t even be bothered to come,” I screamed.

“Shut up, I’m telling the story,” Paul said walking over to me and hitting me across the face. I started crying again but Paul ignored me. Brianna was sat staring me smiling, like she was enjoying seeing Paul beat me up.

“And you came home…” Paul started again but I interrupted. I knew I should keep quiet but I couldn’t help it.

“And you were in bed with another girl,” I looked over at Brianna tears flowing from my eyes, “with that slut.”

Paul smiled.

“You have just made things a whole lot worse for yourself,” Paul said hitting me continuously across the face, “I said I was telling the story! And then you so heartlessly kicked me out…”

I opened my mouth to speak but thought better of it and closed my mouth again.

“You stole all my money you little bitch. Bri and I had to live on the streets for two years after that.”

“Your delusional!” I screamed, “That was my money. The money mum and dad put into my bank account when I was born. You were using it on drugs and crap like that so I took it out of the bank account before we even broke up.”

“See that’s where you are wrong. The money was mine, you stole it!” Paul yelled at me grabbing my hair and pushing me to the floor. I hit the floor hard, and I could feel blood oozing from behind my ear.

“You stole $50 000 from me and you will pay!” Paul yelled kicking me in the stomach. My body curled up in pain and I let out a sharp scream. I didn’t know where I was, I just lay there on the cold hard floor crying.

“Now,” Paul said, walking over to Brianna and taking her mobile phone from her hands, “I’m going to make two calls, one to your boyfriend and the other to your big brother. You’re two fiercest protectors.”

“Hey,” Brody said walking into the kitchen, “Where’s Martha?”

“No idea,” Sophie replied switching off the TV and turning to face Brody. Suddenly Martha’s phone beeped. Brody picked it up off the table and frowned slightly.

“It’s Paul,” Brody mumbled but Sophie didn’t hear him.

He opened the message that had been sent:

‘Your never going to find her…’

Brody slammed the phone down on the table. Sophie looked up abruptly.

“What?”

“I’m going to kill him!” Brody yelled, “I swear to God if he harms one hair on her head I’m going to kill him!”

“Brody what are you…”

“He’s got Martha,” Brody shouted walking towards the front door, “And I’m going to kill him!”

“Dad!” Jack called walking towards to front door, “I’m just going over to see Martha!”

But before Jack went anywhere his phone began to ring. He picked it up and looked at the caller ID but it was an unknown number.

“Hello,” Jack said slowly.

“Hello Jack, just the guy I wanted to talk to…”

“Paul, Oh my God. What do you want?” Jack said into the phone nervously.

“I’ve got someone here that might want to talk to you…”

Jack heard a scream in the background as Paul kicked me again.

“Hello…”I whispered into the phone.

“Martha! Oh my God. Where are you?”

“I don’t know, please just…” I cried into the phone.

“I think that’s enough,” Paul said snatching the phone away and hitting me across the face. I cried out in pain.

“What are you doing to her?” Paul screamed into the phone.

“If you ever want to see your precious girlfriend again, I suggest you and Martha’s big brother scrape together some cash.”

“If you harm a hair on her head…”

“Too late. I’ve already harmed a little more than that,” Paul laughed into the phone.

“You bastard…”

“$50 000,” Paul interrupted, “You have till 5 o’clock tonight. Otherwise…”

Paul made a choking sound.

“And one other thing,” Paul said, “Any police involved and she dies, straight away. And no one else is to know. If I have calculated correctly Brody already knows, I only want you two to know, anyone else and she dies. Got it? Or is that too much to fit into your small brain?”

“Fine,” Jack said, “Where shall bring the money?”

Paul hesitated.

“We’ll be in touch.” And with that he hung up.

PLEASE RATE AND REVIEW

the new bit:

this is the last chapter i have written do i might not update for a few days and leave you all hanging :P

sorry its so short

CHAPTER 16

“Let’s see if they come through for you, babe,” Paul said coming over to me and kissing my cheek. I slapped him.

“They will,” I screamed, “Because they love me!”

“$50 000, is a lot of money honey, and you heard what will happen if they don’t give it to me.”

“I not worried,” I whispered.

“We have to call the police,” Sophie said.

“Sophie are you insane…” Brody began.

“Do you want her dead?” Jack asked.

“I would like you dead at the moment,” Sophie said under her breath.

Jack rolled his eyes.

“Look are you going to co operate or not?” Brody asked, “Because you’re not even supposed to know about this.”

“Yea so if you aren’t going to help then go away because we only have a couple of hours,” Jack said glaring at her. Sophie rolled her eyes and walked away.

“Ok,” Brody said turning back to Jack, “How are we going to raise $50 000 in a couple of hours?”

“I don’t know but we really need to get a move on…”

5 HOURS LATER

“Ok,” Jack said, “I had $4000 in my bank account. My dad leant me $500, I couldn’t get much more from him with telling him what it was for. I got an early paycheck of $600 and I sold my car and got $10 000. So that’s $15 100.”

“I had $3000 in my bank account. My boss gave me $300 and I sold mum’s car for…”

“You sold your mum’s car?”

Brody shrugged.

“It’s her daughter. Anyway I got $30 000 for that. So all up we’ve raised $48 400. We still need $1600.”

“And we’re running out of time…”

LATER THAT AFTERNOON

“Look at the time princess,” Paul said turning my face towards the clock on the wall,

“Read it.”

I looked down.

“Read it!” Paul yelled.

“4:35,” I whispered.

“That’s right,” Paul said, “Brianna how much time does that leave Martha?”

“25 minutes,” Brianna said smugly.

“I might give your little friends one last phone call, just so that you can say goodbye…”

PLEASE RATE AND REVIEW

the next part

finallyyyyy :P

CHAPTER 17

Jack pulled the car over to the side of the road. He had taken his dad’s car since both he and Brody had sold their cars. He turned to face Brody.

“Have you got the money?” he asked.

“All $48 400…”

“You sound worried,” Jack said, “Paul said that $48 400 would be enough. Do you think he’s serious?”

“I sure hope so,” Brody said grimly.

The two boys jumped out of the car. Suddenly Brody gasped in pain. Jack turned quickly to see Brody on the floor.

“What happened?” he asked, as Brody struggled to get up.

“I don’t know… I just fell. I think I tripped over something.”

“Are you ok?” Jack asked.

“Yep. I think it’s just a sprain.” Brody said.

Jack nodded and turned to look at the old, abandoned building that lay in front of them. Jack turned to Brody worriedly.

“Maybe only one of us should go in,” he said, “and one stay here and call the police.”

Brody shook his head.

“You remember what Paul said no police…”

“But if we tell them to turn off the sirens…” Jack said, staring at the building, “What if he was lying. What if he gets the money then kills her anyway.”

Brody thought for a moment.

“OK. But no sirens,” Brody said, reluctantly, “Who should go in?”

“I don’t mine staying…but I would rather go in. Plus you’ve hurt your leg…”

Brody nodded.

“Ok I will stay here and call the police.”

Jack turned and began walking towards the building. Suddenly Brody pulled him back.

“Protect her with your life,” he said.

“You don’t have to ask me that. I’d do it anyway.”

Brody nodded as if to say that he’d already known that would be Jack’s answer. Jack turned and walked towards the building. He slowly approached the door, took a deep breath and banged on the door loudly. A familiar face appeared in the doorway, smiling.

“Paul…” Jack breathed, pushing open the door.

“Where’s the other guy?” Paul asked loudly. Jack ignored him. He walked into the building, cautiously.

He eyed Paul and Brianna then turned. He stopped suddenly seeing two girls sitting on the floor. Both tied up, both crying and both were people he knew well.

“Sophie…” he turned to Paul, “What’s she doing here?”

“You haven’t answered my question,” Paul said, warningly, “Where’s the big brother?”

Jack ignored him.

“What is Soph doing here?” he asked again, running over to Martha. But before he could reach her, Paul had him up against the wall.

“Where is Brody!!!???” he yelled. Jack pushed him off.

“He had a fall and hurt his leg,” he replied truthfully, but then added, “He had to go to hospital. Now tell me why Sophie is here!”

“You didn’t stick to the rules. You told her!” Paul screamed. Brianna sniggered in the corner.

“How did you know that?” Jack whispered.

“I have friends in very high places and i just couldn't stand by and watch her ruin my perfect plan. You broke the rules” Paul laughed and walked over to Martha, “And you know what that means.”

Paul pulled a gun out of his pocket and held it to Martha’s head. But before Paul could pull the trigger Jack had him pinned up against the wall and the gun had dropped to the floor.

“Don’t you ever touch my girlfriend again!” He yelled.

“Girlfriend?” came a soft voice from the corner.

Jack turned to face Sophie and Martha looked down.

“That’s right,” Paul said shoving off Jack, “They were seeing each other the whole time behind your back.”

Sophie looked over at Martha who shook her head slowly.

“Shut up!” Jack said.

“Fine then I’ll get on with it,” Paul said picking the gun up from the floor.

“Put the gun down!” Jack yelled.

“Or what?”

“You said that the money would be enough…” Jack said slowly, coming to a realization.

“Yes it’s enough to keep me alive, but not enough to keep them alive,” Paul said gesturing to Martha and Sophie, “I just wanted you to watch them die. But I’ll tell you what, I’ll give you a choice. Who do you want to survive. Your girlfriend or her sister? It’s your choice.”

Jack shook his head.

“That’s not fair, I can’t choose.”

“Life is not always fair,” Brianna said walking over to Jack, “Is it fair that Martha stole Paul’s money?”

“I did not! When are you going to get that through your thick head?” Martha yelled.

Brianna ignored her.

“Is it fair that Paul and I had to live on the street for years? Is it fair that Martha should get away scot-free after all the things she has put us through? No!” Brianna screamed, her face inches from Jack’s, “Now choose!”

‘Hurry up Brody,’ Jack said in his head.

Jack remained silent for a few minutes before Paul spoke up again.

“Fine, if you won’t choose, I’ll choose for you. And I choose…the girlfriend.”

Paul walked over and pulled Martha up by her hair, holding the gun to her temple.

“No!” Jack yelled, his hand outstretched.

“You want the sister dead then?” Brianna asked pulling a knife out of her pocket and walking over to Sophie. Martha sat down again, buried her face in her knees, her sobbing grew louder. Paul pushed Brianna out of the way and held the gun to Sophie’s temple.

“No!” Jack yelled again. He walked over to Paul, and Sophie began inching away from him towards the door.

“Where do you think your going?” Paul asked taking a step towards Sophie.

At that moment the police barged through the door.

“Put the gun down!” One man demanded. But Paul didn’t. Paul pointed the gun towards Sophie who’s cries grew louder. Jack ran forwards, he was a mere five steps from Paul when Brody walked through the door triumphantly and two shots echoed through the air.

PLEASE RATE AND REVIEW

• 2 weeks later...

the next part (finally)

CHAPTER 18

I sat in my seat, my head in my hands. It was 2am and I was nearly asleep, but every time I closed my eyes, that night’s horrific memories replayed in my head, jolting me back to reality.

Jack walked over to me, handed me a coffee and sat down beside me. I tried to smile gratefully, but failed and my face crumpled as I began to cry.

“Oh Martha,” Jack said, putting his arm around me. I buried my face in him and cried for what seemed like hours. Finally I sat up and looked around, scanning the room for my brother.

“He’s gone for a walk,” Jack said, brushing my tear-soaked hair from my face.

I nodded understandably. It was nothing new. Brody always went for walks to clear his head, even in the early hours of the morning.

“How long until mum gets here,” I asked softly.

Jack looked at his watch.

“Probably two hours,” he said.

I sighed, then nodded again. Jack looked at me for a moment. Trying to read my face. And even I know what he would have seen: sadness, tiredness, despair but most of all guilt. Jack sighed and kissed my forehead.

“It’s not your fault Martha,” he said, trying to reassure me.

I shook my head.

“It is Jack. If I hadn’t of been stupid and gone out with Paul, or run away with him, or sleep with him, none of this would have happened. He wouldn’t have come back here and kidnapped me, or Sophie for that matter. If anyone should have been shot, it’s me not Soph.”

“Martha, it is not your fault. The only person whose fault it is, is the person who pulled the trigger and that is Paul.”

“I know, but he’s dead now, he was shot too,” I shook my head, trying to push the memory of the shooting out of my mind, “I just feel so guilty Jack. I mean she could die because she tried to save me and the whole time we were seeing each other behind her back…”

“I love you,” Jack said suddenly.

I stared up at him.

“What,” I said, startled.

“I do, I love you Martha,” he said confidently.

I shook my head.

“She’s going to hate me,” I said.

“Hey,” Jack said, cupping my face in his hands, “She is not going to hate you,” he paused for a moment, “Do you love me?”

I stared at him for a moment, unsure of what to say. After a few minutes of silence I nodded.

“Yes,” I whispered, “I love you.”

“Then she’ll understand. If it’s love then she’ll understand.”

“It is love,” I said, reaching up so that my lips met his. After a moment, I pulled away slightly, letting our kiss linger for a few seconds before completely pulling away.

“Try and get some sleep,” Jack said, kissing the top of my head, “Everything will be ok, Sophie will be ok. You just need to keep saying that to yourself.”

I nodded and lay down across the chairs, resting my head in Jack’s lap. He softly stroked me hair for awhile until I finally went to sleep.

1 hour later

I sat up and looked around the hospital. I groaned and put my hand to my head, I had a headache coming on. I blinked, clearing my vision and looked around the hospital waiting room again. Surprisingly there was no one there. No Jack, no Brody.

I had been hoping that Brody would be there when I woke up because I hadn’t seen him since the shooting. As if on cue, Brody walked through the doors. I stood up to greet him. He walked straight over to me and wrapped his arms around me. His arms, with the exception of Jack’s, was the place that I felt safest.

“I’m sorry Martha,” he whispered into my ear.

I looked at him strangely.

“For everything. For letting you go through hell all those years ago, for letting Paul do horrible things to you, for not protecting you better, and most of all for not being here for you, especially these last few hours.”

I smiled up at him.

“Well you’re here now and that’s what matters.”

I let him hold me for a few minutes, feeling the warmth of his body and listening to the beat of his heart.

After a while I pulled away and looked up at him, my big brother, my fiercest protector, my best friend, the best brother anyone could ask for.

“Have you seen Jack?” I asked, looking around for him again.

“He took his dad’s car to go and pick up mum from the airport, I saw him on my way in. Why?”

“Oh nothing, I just really need him right now, I hope he doesn’t take too long.”

Brody smiled at me.

“I’m sure he won’t be, Jack told me about you two, and until he comes back you’ve got me.”

“I’m glad, because your just as good,” I said, pulling him in for another hug.

I was so lucky to have so many people in my life who loved me, especially after all the terrible things I had done. I was just worried one of those people wouldn’t make it through what was left of the night.

PLEASE RATE AND REVIEW

Archived