You And Me

Guest kaciexox

:o Its an update

sorry for not udapting sooner but here it is:

CHAPTER 19

“Mum!” I screeched running up and hugging her tightly. She wrapped her arms around me and quietly stroked my hair.

“I’m so glad your ok Martha,” she whispered into my ear, “I don’t know what I would have done if I had lost you again.”

I pulled away and looked at my mother. I saw the worry and despair in her deep blue eyes. I felt a single tear slip from my eye and I let it slide down my face for a second before quickly wiping it away. My mother smiled softly at me before bringing me in for another hug.

“So any news on Soph,” Ruth asked pulling away from the hug and holding me at shoulder length. I shook her head sadly. Ruth sighed.

“Sweetie don’t worry,” she said taking a seat and pulling me down with her, “It won’t be much longer.”

“But it’s been hours,” I whispered, barely managing to control my tears. Jack, seeing the tears build up again my eyes, immediately started to come over to me but Brody (who was standing closer to me) beat him to it. He quickly put his arm around me and held me for what seemed like a long time. Finally a nurse came out into the waiting room.

Brody, mum, Jack and I all jumped up expectantly. She walked towards us silently and when she reached us she still didn’t say anything.

“Well,” Brody prompted, “Is she ok?”

“No, not at the moment, no,” the nurse said, “But we think she should be ok, it’s only a matter of time.”

“So she’s going to be ok?” I asked, stupidly as though I hadn’t been listening to what she had been saying.

“We are fairly sure that Sophie will make a full recovery, given a few weeks,” the nurse said smiling. I grinned at her as suddenly all my anxiety and guilt rushed away. She is going to be ok, I kept telling myself in my head.

“Can we see her?” mum asked.

“Sure,” the nurse nodded, “But as she’s still unconscious, only two at a time.”

We all looked at each other.

“It’s ok,” I said smiling weakly and gesturing to Brody and mum, “You two go first. I’m sure Jack and I are the people she will least want to see.”

Mum smiled at me, I think that was she could muster, then she and Brody followed the nurse down the hall. I turned to Jack. He put his arm around me and we took a seat, waiting…

Mum and Brody walked out into the waiting room, both wearing small smiles.

“Can we go in now?” I asked, jumping up.

Mum nodded. I smiled and grabbed Jack’s hand, pulling him up from the seat.

“Martha,” Brody said as Jack and I began walking down the hallway. I spun around. “She’s awake.” Brody said, softly. Suddenly I felt relief wash over my body. She was ok, she was awake. I smiled and turned around and continued walking towards her room.

I reached the door and brought up my hand, ready to knock. Suddenly I felt Jack’s hand in mine. I smiled at him and he squeezed my hand reassuringly. I took a deep breath and knocked softly on the door. A million things were going through my head at that moment, but the thing I was most worried about was ‘is she going to hate me?’

“Come in,” said a small voice from inside the room. I pushed open the door and walked inside, Jack following after me. Sophie was lying on her side, not facing me or Jack. Machines and tubes were connected to her body, which looked frail and small. I reached out to touch her shoulder to let her know we were there but she didn’t say anything.

“Soph,” I whispered, “It’s Martha…and Jack.”

“I know who it is,” she replied in a small voice as she turned her body over to face us, “What are you doing here?”

“We just want to see if your ok,” Jack said as I opened my mouth to speak.

“Well, I don’t want to see you,” Sophie said, sitting up and resting her back on the bed frame.

“Well, I don’t want to see you,” she said.

I swallowed hard. This is what I had been afraid of.

“Sophie…” I began.

“You don’t understand,” she interrupted, “how stupid I feel.”

“Please don’t say that,” I said taking her hand in mine.

“You don’t understand,” she repeated pulling her hand from mine, “I risked my life to save yours and then I find out your going out with my ex, the day after we broke up.”

“I’m sorry…” I whispered, a lump forming in my throat and tears beginning to glisten in my eyes.

“Please, Martha,” Sophie said, “Please don’t start crying. Please don’t act like your all innocent. You are a selfish cow!”

“Hey,” Jack said, “Don’t talk to her like that!”

But Sophie ignored him. By now silent tears were running down my face.

“DO you know why, why we broke up?” Sophie asked, her voice growing louder.

I shook my head.

“Because, because I was worried about… about you two,” she said gesturing to me and Jack, “And it looks like I was right too. I find out your together the day after we brake up and I have to ask, Martha I have to ask myself, were they seeing each other behind my back while Jack and I were still together?”

“No,” I exclaimed, “Of course not! I would never do that, you don’t honestly believe I would do that to you!”

“I don’t know what I believe anymore,” Sophie whispered.

“Don’t blame it on Martha, I wanted it too,” Jack said, squeezing my hand.

But Sophie ignored him again, it was like she didn’t even know he was in the room, she was focusing all her anger on me.

“You make me sick, Martha,” Sophie spat at me.

“Soph…you don’t mean that,” I whispered, tears falling from my eyes.

“Yes I do,” she said nastily, “Now get out. I don’t ever want to see you again. I hate you!”

I nodded, trying to take in everything that she had said to me. Then I turned and ran form the room, crying. Jack glared at Sophie, thinking of all the things he would like to say at her right the, but decided against it and ran after me.

PLEASE RATE AND REVIEW

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

:o another update

CHAPTER 21

“I think it’s time we went home and got some rest,” mum said getting up and stretching her arms. Brody nodded and got up too.

“I think I might stay a bit longer,” I said, looking at them, “Just in case she changes her mind and wants to see me.”

“Martha, honey. I think it’s better if we go home and come back tomorrow. She will have clamed down by morning,” said mum.

“No, I want to stay,” I said shaking my head, “just a bit longer.”

“I don’t know…”

“Please,” I said in a little voice.

Mum looked at me. I knew she thought it would be better if I came home, but I needed to stay. Just in case Sophie changed her mind or… I just felt that I was the one that put her in hospital and I needed to stay. I didn’t care what mum or Brody thought, something inside of me was telling me that I should stay even if it was just for an hour more. Jack looked at me too, he saw how much I needed to stay, he understood me.

“I’ll stay with her,” he said turning to mum and Brody, “I’ve got dad’s car, I’ll drive her home later.”

“Thank you Jack,” mum said gratefully. Than she kissed my head and Brody gave me a tight hug before they both turned and left.

“Thanks Jack,” I said, kissing him softly on the lips. He smiled at me before pulling me closer and kissing me again. I closed my eyes and for the first time in ages I felt genuinely happy.

30 minutes later

“Jack,” I murmured, as my head lay on his chest.

“Yea,” he said.

“I don’t think she’s going to change her mind, at least not tonight.”

Jack sighed.

“Do you want to go?” he asked.

I sat up so that I was facing him. I didn’t’ really want to leave, but I knew that I should. I knew that I should just give Sophie some time.

“Yes,” I said softly, “But first, I want to say goodbye.”

“I understand,” Jack said, “Do you want me to come with you?”

“No,” I said, “But thank you anyway. It means a lot to me.”

Jack smiled at me. My heart fluttered, as it always did, when Jack smiled at me. He had the most beautiful smile, it could light up the room and it always made me feel a million times better. I knew that as long as Jack was in my life, everything was going to be ok…

I walked into Sophie’s hospital room and saw her small body sleeping. I sighed. I had been silently hoping that she would be awake, waiting for me to come and say goodbye so she could say that she forgave me. But I knew that that wasn’t going to happen, I knew that I had hurt her.

I reached out and touch her small, cold hand. I felt a tear slip from my eye and I brushed it away furiously. Suddenly, Sophie’s body began to move. I quickly pulled my hand away as she opened her eyes and looked at me.

“I was just going,” I said quietly, trying to avoid another screaming match.

“Martha, wait,” Sophie said, trying to sit up in bed. I turned around slowly to face her.

“I’m sorry for speaking to you like that before,” she said. I sighed in relief, she didn’t hate me!

“I deserved it,” I whispered, sitting on the chair beside the bed.

“Maybe,” Sophie said, a small smile creeping onto her face, “But I didn’t mean it.”

“I’m so, so sorry Soph, I never meant to hurt you,” I said, taking her hand.

“I know,” Sophie said, then suddenly she fell silent, and tears began to form in her eyes. Suddenly I realized how much she loved Jack, I realized how much it would have hurt.

“You really loved him didn’t you,” I asked softly. Sophie nodded and tears began to fall from her eyes.

“I still do,” she whispered, “But I need to accept that it’s over. I might need some time though.”

I nodded understandably.

“Thanks Sophie.”

She smiled at me and I gave her hand one last squeeze before getting up to leave.

Jack pulled the car in front of both our houses.

“Well here we are,” he said jumping out. I followed his lead the walked round to his side of the car.

“Thanks again,” I whispered, pinning his body up against car and pressing my lips against his.

“Pleasure,” Jack panted as I kissed him again this time with more force and passion.

“Jack, can I stay at your place tonight?” I asked, pulling away from him, “I just feel so… well shaken.” Truth was I couldn’t bear the thought of being alone in my bed. I needed to feel his strong arms around me. I needed to feel safe.

“Sure,” Jack said, running his hand down my cheek. He sighed sadly as he felt all the cuts and bruises that had already formed on her face. “God look what he did to you.”

“I’m just gonna call your mum to let her know you’re here,” Jack said as we walked inside, “You can go wait in bed if you like, I won’t be a minute.

I smiled gratefully at him and made my way down the hall. I plonked myself down on the bed and saw a mirror hanging on the wall.

I got up slowly and walked towards it. I looked at my reflection, at all the cuts and bruises along my face and arms. I took a deep breath and pulled up my top, revealing all the bruising on my stomach. I pulled my top down hastily, I couldn’t bear to see it anymore. I put my hand to my face as I started to cry for the millionth time that night.

“Hey your mum was fine…” Jack said but stopped short as he caught sight of me. I turned towards him, and Jack wrapped his arms around me allowing me to cry silently in his arms.

PLEASE RATE AND REVIEW

Just before i update just a few things :P

First forget about the unexpected person, i ve changed my mind :P

Second there are only two more chapters after this one and then...... its all over :(

Third, a boring chpater more of a filler

Fourth sorry its so short <_<

Fifth :o Its update time

CHAPTER 22

The next morning I was awoken by a stream of blinding sunlight seeping through the curtains. I opened my blurry eyes slowly and realized that I wasn’t in my own bed.

The suddenly the events of the previous day came flooding back to me and I remembered that I was Jack’s bed. Sure enough, I also realized that my head was lying on his bare chest and his strong arms her wrapped around me.

“Morning sleepyhead,” Jack murmured, brushing away some of my hair that had fallen into my eyes while I had been asleep.

“What time is it?” I groaned as I squinted my eyes against the sunlight.

“10:30,” Jack replied smiling.

“What?” I shrieked, sitting up suddenly, “why didn’t you wake me?”

“You looked to peaceful,” he said pulling me back down so that my body was directly on top of his, “So beautiful.”

“Oh I bet I looked gorgeous,” I said sarcastically shuffling down so that my head could rest snugly just below his neck. “What with all my cuts and bruises.”

“You did,” Jack insisted placing his hands around my lower back.”

“Your sweet,” I said as I leant up to press my lips against his. Jack moaned with pleasure as the kiss deepened, my tongue sliding into his mouth and massaging the roof of his mouth gently.

I closed my eyes, letting myself enjoy the kiss. Jack’s kisses were like no other that I had ever experienced. They were warm and soft and yet at the same time they were filled with hunger drive and force but most of all, they were full of love.

Just being close to Jack made me feel all warm and fluffy inside.

“I love you Jack Holden,” I whispered pulling away and looking into his deep brown eyes.

“Not as much as I love you Martha Mackenzie,” jack replied pulling me down again, hungry for more.

“Hey mum,” I said walking into the hospital waiting room, hand in hand with Jack.

“Hey sweetie, how did things go with Soph last night?” Mum asked getting up and kissing my cheek.

“Good. Actually very good,” I said as Jack put his arm around my waist, “What are you doing waiting out here? I thought you would have been in with Soph.”

“The doctors doing a check-up,” Mum said, sitting back down, “Brody should be here soon. I had a bit of trouble getting him up this morning.”

“Oh,” I said laughing.

As if on cue, Brody hurried though the hospital doors.

“Hey Mac,” he said rubbing my arm affectionately as he rushed past, “Have I missed anything?” he asked, giving mum a kiss on the head and Jack a slap on the back.

Before anyone had a chance to reply, Dr. Sullivan walked into the room and gestured for them to come forward.

“What’s the verdict doc?” Brody asked.

“Sophie Mackenzie is a very lucky lady,” the doctor began, “The bullet just scraped the side of her waist, breaking the skin only slightly. If the bullet had hit a few centimeters to the left she probably would have died instantly.”

“Then why did she fall unconscious if it only scraped the skin? Why did she go into surgery?” I started firing questions and Jack nudged me slightly to tell me to calm down.

“Sophie’s body went into shock, and her brain shut down trying to protect the rest of her body. Unfortunately that caused all sorts of problems inside her body, but nothing a little surgery couldn’t fix,” Dr. Sullivan explained.

“So she’s ok,” mum asked worriedly.

“She’s fine. A little in shock but other than that she’s a perfectly healthy and extremely lucky young lady.”

Mum sighed with relief.

“In fact, if she’s ready and willing we should be able to discharge her tomorrow and you can take her home,” the doctor said smiling.

I squealed excitedly and let myself be picked up by Brody and swung around on the spot.

I laughed as he put me down and Jack lunged at me kissing me with such excitement and happiness.

“Thank you,” I said as Jack released me and I turned to Dr. Sullivan, “thank you so, so much.”

“Your very welcome,” he said smiling, “Your lucky you’ve got such a brave sister in there. I don’t know I would be if it were me. She’s a fighter.”

“She’s wonderful I know,” I said, think back to last night’s conversation. I smiled to myself; my life was finally starting to come together.

We weren’t there yet, but I had my family and Sophie and of course Jack, who made me the happiest girl alive.

PLEASE RATE AND REVIEW

:o

Last chapter :(

I'm really not happy with it, its boring and extremly short but i just want this fic finsihed now so....

Warning: Chapter has some language that might not be suitable for some readers

CHAPTER 23

“Welcome home!” I exclaimed, helping Sophie inside. She gasped as Jack, Brody, Kara, Tasha, Jet, Robbie, and mum all jumped out to greet her.

“Welcome home!” Tasha squealed grabbing hold of Sophie’s arms and jumping up and down.

“What is all this?” Sophie asked smiling.

“Your coming home party!” Kara exclaimed, running over to Sophie a hug.

“Oh thank you guys!” Sophie said, a tear forming in her eye.

“Oh don’t start crying now,” Jet said, putting an arm around her, “There’s a party we’ve got to have.”

I walked over to the corner, where Jack was standing and slipped my hand into his.

“She still won’t talk to me,” Jack mumbled, his eyes still on Sophie.

Suddenly a horrible thought came to my head.

“Your not having second thoughts are you? About us, I mean.”

“What no, of course not. It’s just that it’s weird not talking to her,” Jack replied.

“I know what you mean,” I answered.

Jack, noticing that I didn’t sound too convinced, laughed and said, “Martha Mackenzie you know you’re the only girl for me!” Then he leant down and brushed his lips against mine in a tender kiss.

“Mmm, Jack stop it!” I said, smiling pushing him off, “Nobody else knows were together now!”

“Well they have to know sometime,” he replied, kissing me again. This time I gave in. I knew he was right, people would find out sometime, why not now. Jack stepped back, our lips still attached, sitting down on a chair, pulling me on top of him. I shifted so that

I was straddling him and let myself get lost in the kiss.

“What is going on here?” Jet yelled, pulling me off Jack. I fell back and hit the floor.

“What do you think you’re doing mate?” Brody yelled running over and helping me off the floor.

“Your slut of a sister is here making out with Soph’s boyfriend,” Jet yelled. Then it dawned on me, only Tash, Soph, Jack, Brody, mum and I knew that Sophie and Jack had broken up, the rest of the (Jet, Kara and Robbie) had no idea.

“Oi,” Jack said, getting up and pointing at Jet, “Watch you’re mouth.”

“Never thought you were the type to cheat Jack,” Jet sneered at him, “Especially with that ugly slut!”

Before I knew it, Jack had punched Jet.

“I thought I told you to watch your mouth,” Jack yelled, standing over Jet.

“Oh mate that was a bad move,” Jet said, getting up and coming towards Jack.

“Whoa, whoa guys stop!” Sophie exclaimed coming between them, “Jet, Jack and I have broken up and now him and Martha are together.”

“I think you should go mate,” Brody said, pushing Jet towards the door, “And if you ever lay a hand on my sister again, you’ll regret it.”

“Maybe I should go too,” I said, looking down and rubbing the arm on which I had fallen on.

“No,” Jack said, putting his hands on my arms, “I’ll go.”

I nodded as Jack gave me a quick kiss on the mouth (Sophie looked away pointedly).

“Hello Jack!” I called as I entered his house. I had decided it would be better for me to stay at Jack’s that night to let everything cool down.

“Hey,” he said, coming out of the kitchen, “Are you ok?”

“Fine,” I smiled.

“Listen, I’m sorry about before…”

“No it’s ok,” I replied.

“How about I make it up to you,” Jack whispered seductively into my ear. Then he moved his head down, kissing my neck.

“That sounds good to me,” I said as he lifted me up and I wrapped my legs around him. Jack moved his lips to mouth. We both knew then, that our hearts would lay together…forever.

PLEASE RATE AND REVIEW

Ok peoples thats it :(

Thankyou to everyone who read this fic, i hope you enjoyed it. I have another Jack and martha fic in teh works to replace this one :D

and i made a video in thsi fics honour :D

Comments

Archived