Marilyn Chambers / Fisher

Guest -Tess-

Yeah she’s one of my all time favourites!! I loved every ‘Maz-era’, you saw how this young 80’s-clichéd ditzy chick grew over a decade or so, you always wanted her to be happy – but especially after she married Flathead she really was thrown some of the worse life changing experiences, and it was always even more heart wrenching because she was so innocent, and always tried to do the right thing by everyone!!!!!!! It’s a real shame the way her life experiences towards the very end (1999 specifically, when she returned for the last time after) really mellowed and stressed her – I remember her last scene on the way to treat Byron; she looked so drained!

I love her one liners, insane comments and fashion :D , and the actress who played her was fantastic, she really took on the role with such enthusiasm, awesome!

I loved her vocabulary, I remember a scene with Travis, cant actually remember the lines, but I know I was laughing out loud at it, which I don’t usually do at TV. And when she was trying to be serious, she just came across as cute!

I also remember a blooper when the actress ironically actually got a statement that Maz was trying to say (and get wrong) wrong, everyone on set was laughing. It was something like

MAZ: Just like Galahad and Gwenavear, I mean I meant...(EMILY: Galahad and gundoweindeea what’s his name?) You had to see it to get it. but was funny as.

She came back after the post natal depression. But then Byron was diagnosed with a serious illness and both Don and Maz had to go over to the States for surgery (she ran away for the last time, not returning when Byron died).

I remember when she and Don were told by James about Byron’s illness, my mum was crying – there faces, it was devastation (after all Flathead has lost most of his kids by that time) including Maz carrying around her dead child. I loved that episode, I wish I had it on tape still, one of my fav episode of 1999 – I really liked how later on in the episode (I think it was that episode) Donald was walking on the beach obviously in deep distress thinking about his son Byron and other kids, then he looks up towards the top of the beach and has a flash back of when his other son, Alan, clasped with a brain haemorrhage and died. The music was really sad I think it was a real overcast day too, so no one on the beach but him and he was crying…etc Real emotions. Id love to see those clips again.

Yeah Donald saw her in 2001 in London and there was a chase until he caught up with her in a park in London. She is a nanny I think (?) – though I think they could have done it better, I’m glad she returned regardless.

I remember Byron well- he was beautiful. His death was one of the saddest H&A deaths I can recall. I love that name too-Byron. Very beautiful.

I recall her taking Byron to America for treatmeant and then Don recieving news of his death...and Marilyn never returned..... I think, anyway. Did she return at all to say goodbye to Donald? That time is so fuzzy in my mind....

Archived