My Creations!

Guest hawfan2006

due to the fact that people have been hotlinking my avatars i will not be posting any for a few days, i would prefer it if people who used my avatars would just copy and paste it into their documents then uploaded it to their own photobucket account rather than steal mine, and just credit me when they use it :)

thank you

• Replies 510
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ah thats terrible! :blink: Whenever i use someones work i save it then put it on photobucket then get the URL from there because thats how people told me to do it before i started to use stuff! But what is hotlinking? Sorry if thats a stupid question but ive heard people talk about it but i don't actually know what it is?! Its obviously bad! And so why do people continue to do it when the same thing can be done a different way esp after people like yourself take all this time to make these lovely graphics then share them with us! You don't have to! On a lighter note i love the av you are using now and look forward to seeing more of your work when you feel you want to post it again! :)

^^ Yer i read that before but didnt fully understand it! So its when you just take the URL type thing from under the picture the person has posted as such?! What effect does doing that have exactly?! Sorry im abit slow today and not very good with technical speak! :( lol

I'm terrible at explaining things :rolleyes:

Bandwidth refers to the amount of data transferred from a website to a user's computer. When you view a webpage, you are using that site's data transfer to display the files. Since web hosts charge based on the amount of data transferred, bandwidth is an issue. If a site is over it's monthly bandwidth, it's billed for the extra data or taken offline.

That any help?

Archived