Icon Inspirations

Guest aejdude

People enter icons into the contest, and then people choose which icon they would like to base their fic on. More of an explanation below.

Tainted Muse's idea

Here is another one:

The icons are made anon, people pick out which icon they would like to base their fic on and then write it. Think of it as a gift to the person who made the icon.

It could even stay anon.

Saying that i think that everything is sorted :P but if anyone has any queries then just ask.

Who would like to sign up?

Signing up involves you being prepared to enter an avatar into the contest although it isn't a contest as such because u won't be voting for anything but once the avatar entries are up people who have chosen what avatar they would like to base a story will have to PM me and they want to do so as the entrants must remain anonynomous.

Here is the first contest - Contest 1

The subject will be soap characters. Avatars can be of any soap that has either ended now or is still going. The avatar must be from a screencap of one the soap's episodes. The avatar must only be of one character so for example if you was going to do Home & Away then you couldn't have jack and martha in the avatar you could only have either jack or martha on their own.

Rules

- Avatar size must 100 x 100 pixels

- Gradients, textures and brushes may all be used in as little or as large quantity

- The contest will end once all of the entries are up and once all of the stories are up too.

- There will be no winner or no loser as the stories will be seen as a gift to the creator of the icon

- Avatar entries and Story entries must be PM'ed to me.

I will allow nine days for people to get their entries in. :) So the deadline for entries is 16 October. :)

If you have any questions, please don't hesistate to ask.

So...now who seems interested and would like to give it a go and sign up? :wink:

People signed up:

Amir

sevenpuddings

Gueneva01

Spidy

*belle*

-Emily-

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well there is a problem with assigning people with set icons. What if the person is not familiar with what the icon is based on?

Example... what if there was a Supernatural based icon and you assigned it to... (checks who is reading this topic right now)... .Cat., who is not a fan. How will she cope with it?

Or have I completely read your idea wrong? :unsure:

No, you havent.

I've just had a discussion with Jackie about this idea, and she came up with the following suggestion:

That you can bring voting for avatars into the contest and that everyone votes for their favourite avatar and explains their reasons and then afterwards i will reveal which avatar won, but artists will still remain anonymous.

I will then ask people to volunteer to write a story on the avatar that won, then there will be several stories on the same avatar and people can vote for the story they like the best. :)

What do you think? :unsure:

I like that idea. Here is another one:

The icons are made anon, people pick out which icon they would like to base their fic on and then write it. Think of it as a gift to the person who made the icon.

It could even stay anon.

Yeah, i really like that idea aswell as Jackie's. Now it's just a case of popularity. I need more people to reply and say they like the idea, i'll let them choose between your's and Jackie's. :) I will edit the first post and put your idea in and i'll put Jackie's in aswell.

I like the idea, it's different ... but interesting. I am just abit confused about one point though, would the person who makes the icon, then have to write a story about someone else's icon or are there certain people who make the icons and certain people who write the stories? Sorry if that's a stupid question.

Nah it's not a stupid question. :)

Well i'm thinking of following through either Jackie's or Tainted Muse's idea. If i was to do either Jackie's or Tainted Muse's idea, the person that makes the icon will have no other involvement in the contest.

If certain people think they are better at stories then they can just volunteer to do a story for the creator of the icon as a gift or for the public vote.

However if certain people think they are better at icons they can just enter the contest with their icons. :)

It's up to the people involved as to what they prefer. :wink:

Archived