Slipped Away

Guest Traceve

Sorry it is short but for this fic I thought it would be better to do smaller chapters rather then long ones.

Cassie had been hidden away in her bedroom for the past few hours. Sally had advised Ric, to stay away for a while and let her be by herself. Ric had taken her advice and done so. He was in his room, which was next-door to Cassie’s he could her here sobbing. He tried to block it out of his head but he couldn’t. Every time he closed his eyes and saw Flynn and heard him. But when his eyes were open all he could hear was Cassie sobbing. He couldn’t sit there at listen to her, his heart was breaking.

“Cass?” Ric said softly as he tapped on her door.

“Go away!” Cassie yelled out through her sobs.

“Cass, please, just let me in,” Ric said softly he too was trying not to cry.

“No!” Cassie screamed, “Just leave me alone!”

Cassie quietened down as she heard Ric’s footsteps leave her doorway.

She blinked her eyes making the tears leave her eyes and run down her cheeks. Deep Down she knew she had wanted Ric by her side at that moment. But she somehow couldn’t bring herself to saying it.

“Ric,” She sobbed, as she cried harder and harder her sobs became louder.

“Ric!” She was virtually screaming his name by this point. Ric heard her cries as he opened the door.

“Cassie,” Ric said softly as he sat down on the bed next to her. He scooped her up in his arms and held her.

Archived