'I Want You Irene'

Guest Willz

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Okay guys, here's the next part. Hope you like it!

Back at Diana’s mansion, she was fuming. And when Diana fumed, she was not someone to mess around with. She was furious that Irene Roberts was trying to take away what was rightfully hers. She was even more furious by the fact that her own son, James, was also in cahoots with Irene Roberts- the alcoholic. ‘I will show that alcoholic nincompoop that I am Olivia’s rightful guardian,’ Diana Fraser thought to herself. Diana was not a bitter woman. She could never understand why people could never see that. Her own son’s had turned against her. Lachie was her favourite and when he diedeverything just went downhill. She knew that James and Lachie were close and they had argued over Chloe. In the end, James had accepted the fact that Chloe was Lachie’s and there was nothing that he could do about it. Things between James and Diana were never the same. Diana knew that there was a possibility that he blamed her for Lachie’s death. There was nothing that she could do. She had tried to make it up to James but James was a stubborn boy and she knew it. He was very much like his father. Once he made a decision, he’d stick with it and never change his mind. However, Diana had other things to deal with at the moment. This was no time to dwell on why James hated her so much. The war had only just begun. Diana ran to her phone and contacted her attorney and informed her about the custody battle that was to take place a few days later. Little did Diana know what was in store for her.

Over at Irene's house, Olivia was enjoying every minute being in the Bay and back again with ‘Renie.’ She was also happy that she now had a playmate in the form of Kim Hyde. He would indulge her just like her uncle James. Olivia was sad to see James go but she knew that James had things to do and could not be at her beck and call. She was really grateful in the sense that he had brought her to Irene’s and by just doing anything for her to make her happy.

Irene was also happy to see Olivia. She had never been so miserable since Diana came and took Livy away from her. The pain of Chloe’s death was still fresh on her mind when Diana decided to butt herself into the picture. The biggest blow to Irene was the cow Diana who had waltzed in and took away everything from Irene. First she ruined the funeral and then she had to interfere with the issue of Olivia. Irene knew that Diana had never really liked Chloe and had never paid any attention to Olivia when Chloe was still alive. So, it was a shock when Diana appeared at the funeral. Irene would always remember that day as long as she lived. The tense atmosphere. The name calling. The yelling. In short, Diana Fraser was trouble with a capital T and when she had appeared, Irene knew that something was up.

‘Olivia is the only memory of Lachie and Chloe that I have left. Are you going to deny me this? After all, I am her grandmother!’ Diana had flung those words at Irene. Deep down, although Irene knew that it was true, she would never ever allow that cow near Olivia. She could see just how uncomfortable Olivia was around Diana and she knew that Chloe wanted Diana as far away from Chloe as possible. She had promised Chloe that. And she made it her mission in life to uphold that promise. If it meant having to bring Diana to court, then so be it!

A little teaser: What happens at the Court hearing that changes the lives of Irene Roberts, Olivia Fraser, Diana Fraser and James Fraser.

Thanks guys! I sincerely thought it was a crap. I know! Tell me about it. Bring the tissues man. I'm probably going to cry when writing it.... Lol.... Or Willz would too. Depending on who amongst us is writing it.

But, thank you very much for your support guys! :D

Hey guys, the next part. Hope you like it. Sorry if it's a bit crap. Hope you like it. I will make it up to you in the next part :D

The courtroom battle:

As Irene Roberts walked into the courtroom with her attorney, Morag Bellingham, she saw that Diana Fraser was already there with her attorney, Marcus Tulius. The war had begun. The court proceeding was presided over by Justice Michael King, who was known as a tough judge. This was what had Irene worried but Morag had reassured her that everything would be alright. Diana gave Irene and Morag a smug look because she knew that with this judge, Olivia would be hers in no time and Irene would be left with nothing. ‘Serves you right Irene Roberts! If you had allowed for Olivia to come with me, none of this would have happened. You asked for it,’ Diana thought to herself as she sat down.

“All rise. His Honour Justice Michael King presiding.”

As the case dragged on, both Irene and Diana were able to tell their side of the stories. However, that didn’t exactly go down well, with each one trying to outdo the other and trying to make the other look bad.

“She is an alcoholic. How can Chloe and Lachie expect her to look after their daughter, who also happens to be my grand-daughter. Who knows what she’ll do.”

“Your Honour, I will have you know that my client has been sober for more than 10 years now. She is an upstanding citizen in the Summer Bay community. She has taken in many kids and raised them as her own, amongst them, Olivia’s mother, Chloe. She has taken good care of Olivia when her mother died and has done a god job of it. She is also part owner of the Beachside Diner and has made it successful. She is a successful entrepreneur and a woman of great respect."

“Your Honour, when Chloe came to me, she had nobody. I took her in and raised her as me own. Please understand that if Chloe saw fit for Olivia to go to that woman, then I would have done so. But Chloe had told me that under no circumstances should ‘she’ [points at Diana]be allowed to be near Olivia. I am only honouring that wish. Is it so much to ask for? All I have done is taking good care of little Livy just like her mother asked. Is that wrong? Yes, I was an alcoholic. But I’ve been sober now. Ask anyone. Ask any of me kids. Please You Honour, I am not the woman who I was ten years ago."

“Your Honour, this has nothing to do with who is the better citizen. As far as I am concerned, my client, regardless what people have said about her, is, like it or not, Olivia Fraser’s grandmother. She has the right to be in charge of Miss Fraser’s well-being. She is family and Mrs. Roberts is not. Don’t deny my client what is rightfully hers."

“I have heard all your arguments. I will consider everything that has been said here today and will give you my decision in due course. Until then, court is adjourned.”

“All Rise!”

Teaser: What will the Court decide? Who will he give custody of Olivia to? And, What happens on the day of the Court verdict that changes the lives of Irene Roberts, Olivia Fraser, Diana Fraser and James Fraser?

Archived