Growing Closer

Guest Jacksthehottest

ok well here’s the next chapter enjoy

Chapter 11:

“Have I done something wrong” Jack asked confused, he had seen Tash and Robbie talking before he came over and now they had stopped, it was like that they were talking about him.

“Nope, nothing” Robbie replied quickly, he didn’t want to tell Jack what he and Tash were talking about, he just couldn’t believe he didn’t think of this idea before.

“Alright, then” Jack replied, he knew something was up but he didn’t want to push it.

“Go enjoy yourself” Robbie replied pushing him towards the crowd, who were all dancing. “You never know you might find someone tonight” Robbie replied, while returning back to Tash.

Jack couldn’t help but laugh, he turned around to look at them again, and Robbie was kissing Tash on the cheek, he sighed to himself, he had missed that with Martha, he had missed having somebody with him all the time, speaking of Martha he was going to go and find her, that’s if he could get past all these people.

Martha was still at the table drinking, she had her back turned to everyone so she didn’t know what was going on, all of a sudden she felt a warm hand on her shoulder, she turned around to see Jack there.

“Hey” she said looking at Jack, she was excited about tonight, but she didn’t know why maybe it was because she hadn’t been to a party in a long time, or maybe it was something else

“Hey” Jack replied, speaking up because of the music.” Looks like a good party” he added, he looked at Martha and she looked beautiful, just seeing her put a smile on his face and he knew if he was to spend more and more time with Martha, other things would start happening, but Jack controlled himself.

“What did you say?” Martha asked, she couldn’t here a word Jack said because of the loud music.

“I said it looks like a good party” he said moving closer to her, he brushed her cheek by accident, and then froze, just the touch of Martha made him go weak; he wondered how he would survive tonight.

“Yeah a lot of people turned up” Martha said turning back to look at Jack. “And look at those two” she said pointing at Tash and Robbie. They were so cute.

“Yeah I’m glad they are both having fun, looks like everyone is” he said gesturing to all the people on the dance floor.

“Want a drink?” Martha asked handing Jack one.

“Sure” He replied.

“But make sure, you don’t get drunk, because that will mean that I have to look after you and take you home” Martha answered giving out a laugh.

“You know you would love that” Jack replied taking the drink, he couldn’t help but flirt back.

Martha smiled back, she thought Jack looked cute tonight and what was even better, was that she and Jack were getting along just fine. When she looked up at Jack everything disappeared, her job and everyone else, it felt like Jack was the only one in the room, before when he had accidentally touched her it had taken all of her self control to stop herself, from just grabbing Jack and kissing him, but she was able to manage it.

‘Perfect’ Tash said to herself, who had not once taken her eyes of Jack and Martha for the past 5minutes, she was happy to finally see them both enjoying themselves. She didn’t know why she was even doing this, Martha was leaving in a week and Jack was once again going to be left by himself, but she wanted them to enjoy the time they had right now.

Couple of hours had past in the party and Jack and Martha had seemed to be getting along better and better, but the party wasn’t over yet.

“C’mon Tash” Robbie said pulling her away from everybody. Tash looked at Robbie confused and wondered where he was taking her, but she soon figured it out.

Robbie walked Tash over to the floor where everybody was dancing the slow music started and everyone had started to pair off together.

Belle, Ric, Cassie, Matilda and Lucas went over and they too started dancing. Jack and Martha stopped their conversation when they saw the change of music and mood, it was much quieter and he could see everyone was dancing. He looked at Martha who was looking away; she too had noticed this but looked away from Jack, thinking of how awkward this was.

Jack thought of asking Martha to dance with him, but he didn’t know if that was such a good idea, he knew that this would attract him to Martha even more, he was only planning on being friends with her. But at this moment friends seemed impossible, he wanted her now.

Martha started to face the other way and began to walk off, but was stopped once someone had grabbed her arm, she hoped it was Jack and to her luck it was.

“Do. you….. ..do you want to dance?” Jack asked, he was having trouble getting the words out. He gave her a smile hoping she would accept his hand.

Martha’s face lit up with a smile, a smile that was impossible to hide. She had thought he would never ask her this question; she had totally forgotten about only being friends and accepted his hand. Once Jack had her hand he held it on tight.

“Sure” Martha replied giving him another smile, Jack walked her over to where everybody was dancing.

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ok well here’s the next chapter, and also the parts of the song used in this I didn’t make up or I don’t own it, even though u would probably work that out for you’re self lol , it’s We Belong Together by Mariah Carey…anyway enjoy this chapter ..

Chapter 12:

Once they reached a spot both of them stopped, but not taking their eyes of each other, it was totally obvious to both of them that this is what they wanted. Martha still hadn’t removed the smile from her face and she was starting to get more and more excited, she knew Jack’s hands would be around her in any second.

Jack was beaming with happiness, he had forgotten everything all he was concentrating now was on Martha, and he could see this is what she wanted as well.

He slipped his hands around Martha’s waist and for the first time in 6months he got to hold her, enjoying every moment of it; it was like his dream come true. Any self control Jack had left was all gone; he couldn’t resist her any longer.

Martha wrapped her hands around his neck, still not taking her eyes of him, her heart beating fast, she got close to him as she possible could and leaned on his chest, not wanting this moment ever to end. With Jack’s arms around her she felt warm and safe and nothing could come between them in this moment.

I should have held on tight

I never should have let you go

I didn’t know nothing,

I was stupid, I was foolish I was lying to myself

I couldn't of fathomed that I would ever be without your love

Jack carefully listened to all the words in the song, it wasn’t like him but this song was different, once he had heard those words he held Martha even tighter, not wanting to let her go, he had missed this so much, it reminded him of everything Martha and him had been through, it was like he was living in a dream.

Martha felt Jack arms tighten around her, she was enjoying this, every bit of it, it was perfect the music the mood and of course she had the right man right in front of her, what else could she want?

Or what I wouldn’t give

to have you lying by my side

Right here

Jack looked down at Martha, but she didn’t look back up. Jack just continued to admire her, he didn’t care who was watching or what it might have looked like to some people, he was too busy focusing on other things

When you left I lost a part of me

it’s still so hard to believe

come back baby please cause

we belong together

Martha looked up at Jack, he looked right back at her, both not taking their eyes of each other, Martha didn’t want to go back to reality; she didn’t even want to think about it now.

I can’t sleep at night

When you are on my mind

“I Only Think Of You” and it's breakin’ my heart

I’m tryin’ to keep it together but I’m falling apart

He could feel the end of the song coming, but was trying to ignore it.

When you left I lost a part of me

it’s still so hard to believe

come back baby please cause

we belong together

Once the music had stopped everyone moved away. Martha let go slowly of Jack and he did the same, even though their hands were separated, the look between them was still there.

After they were both separated now, it had hit Martha, Reality. It was back, the dance was the best thing Martha had experienced for ages, but she could now say that her and Jack would never be able to be just friends. She moved away back to the table and Jack followed her, both not speaking, none of them had anything to say. Even though it was all amazing, Martha couldn’t help but feel bad about it all, she had led Jack on and she saw the look in his eyes, like he was in love. She had done it again and now she was going to break his heart again, once she had left.

Jack on the other side was thinking the same thing, he had lost all of his self control and getting over Martha was now officially mission impossible. They had so much between them that it was hard for him to forget it all, they had to have a serious talk. She was leaving and he would be broken again, they couldn’t continue like this, he knew eventually it would go past more than just a dance, but he put that behind his mind and looked at Robbie and Tash who were coming towards them.

“What a party” Tash said, once they had reached Martha and Jack, she had a lot of fun today, and it was even better that Martha had come as well.

“Yeah it was great” Jack replied, to him it was more than great, it was fantastic.

“Agreed” Martha replied looking at Jack and giving her a smile, he returned the smile back and it was the first time after the dance that they didn’t feel awkward with each other.

It was now past midnight and Martha was sitting on the couch, she had a bit more to drink and wasn’t feeling her best, everyone was already gone and Jack was helping them clean up.

“Hey” he walked over and sat next to Martha, he couldn’t help but to laugh at her she was half asleep and looked very tired. “I thought you were supposed to look after me if I got drunk not the other way around” Jack added with a laugh.

“I’m not drunk, I’m just……um tired” Martha replied trying to get the words out.

“If you say so” Jack replied giving her a cheeky smile. “I’ll drop you off at you’re apartment, he said standing up and helping Martha up. Martha followed Jack into the car.

The trip to Martha’s was fairly quiet, Jack kept checking if Martha was asleep, since she wasn’t talking, but she was still awake. When they had finally arrived to Martha’s apartment Jack stopped the car.

“Listen, I was thinking if you wanted to go to the beach tomorrow around 12?” Jack asked, he didn’t know what had gotten into him, why did he keep doing this saying things before he thought them through, he really had no self control.

“What’s the occasion?” Martha asked, she was more than happy, but what was all this for.

“Just to hang out I guess” Jack replied with a smile, Martha smiled back.

“Ok then, sounds fun I’ll see you tomorrow” Martha said getting out of the car; she just hoped she had remembered this for the morning.

Jack drove off, this had to stop he had to have a serious conversation with her, this couldn’t continue like this.

thanx for all you're comments

here's the next chapter

Chapter 13:

Jack walked up to Martha’s apartment, he was early but wanted to go there as soon as he could, she had been on his mind all day and he knew they couldn’t keep on going like this, like nothing ever happened they needed to sit down and have a serious conversation, he didn’t tell Martha this last night when he dropped her of, but he wondered if she wanted to talk about it. Just thinking of last night made him smile, it had been 6months since he had hold of Martha, even if it was only a dance and to many people it didn’t mean anything, Jack knew it was special and he probably thought Martha would agree as well.

“Hey Jack” Alf said opening the door, he was on his way out and was on a hurry.

“Hey is Martha awake?” Jack asked noticing she wasn’t in the kitchen once he had got in maybe she was still sleeping.

“Um yeah she is in her room, sorry Jack but I have to go” Alf replied walking out.

“Ok well I’ll see you around” Jack replied before the door shut, he stood and walked around before deciding to go and knock on Martha’s door.

Martha heard someone knock on the door, she thought it was granddad since he had came in 2 minutes ago to tell her that he was leaving she wondered what he wanted now. Martha was still lying in bed, she wasn’t sleeping but couldn’t be bothered getting up.

“Come in” Martha said. Jack opened the door and stepped in. Martha looked shocked she had totally forgotten, she turned to her left side to look at the watch it was only 11, Jack was 1 hour early.

“Hey” Jack said closing the door behind him. “Hope I didn’t wake you up” he added,

“Umm, no I was already awake” Martha replied.

“You do know it’s 11 o’clock” he asked her, he wondered why she was still in bed. He picked up the pillow that had fell on the ground and threw it to Martha “Come on get up” he said with a smile.

Martha caught the pillow and threw it back at him. “Not everyone is a morning person like you” she replied with a smile, enjoying every bit of it.

Jack couldn’t take his eyes of her “Ok I’ll wait for you out there” Jack replied, before walking out and closing the door behind. He sat down on the couch.

Martha quickly got out of bed, rushing to get some clothes on; she didn’t want to keep Jack waiting.

After about 10 minutes Martha walked out of the door, it had taken her longer than she thought, she was debating about what to wear, but she decided to go with a simple t-shirt and jeans, she didn’t want to get dressed up to much because she knew it wasn’t a date or anything.

“So are you ready to go” Jack asked, taking in her appearance, to him she looked gorgeous. He snapped out of his thoughts once Martha had replied.

“Yeah I am” she replied grabbing her keys. “You do know it’s freezing outside” Jack asked Martha, he had been out there this morning and it was cold.

“I can handle it” Martha replied giving him a cheeky smile and walking out. Jack followed closely behind.

They walked along the beach, with not much talking done. Martha was thinking about everything that had happened she wished her and Jack could just talk about it, discuss everything. Last night at Tash’s party Martha had felt like they could never be friends, there was too much between them too only be friends but then again they couldn’t be together.

Jack was thinking of how to start the conversation, how would she react when he told her that the friends thing wasn’t working, maybe she had thought the same way. There wasn’t much option for them left, he knew continuing like this would lead to other things.

“Listen …Ma-“ He started, but stopped once he had seen her move away from him, he looked at her and she had her arm crossed, he could tell she was cold.

“Are you ok” Jack asked Martha. “A bit cold are we?” Jack teased; he couldn’t help but laugh at her.

“Shut up” Martha snapped at him. The smile remained on his face.

“I thought you could handle it” Jack replied thinking back to their conversation before they had left Martha’s apartment.

She turned around to give him a look, she was wrong and Jack was using as an advantage to tease her. Jack looked back at Martha finding it hard to hide his smile.

“You think it’s funny don’t you?” Martha asked looking at Jack who had a huge smile on his face, but Martha’s face was serious

“In fact I do” he replied, Martha turned to look the other way. “Ok, ok I’m sorry” Jack replied grabbing her arm. He took of his jacket and placed it over Martha. Martha was surprised at Jack’s actions here he was making fun of her and then in a second he could turn into a sweet guy, the kind of guy Martha loved most. She looked up at him and he did the same. Both not taking their eyes of each other, it was just like last night.

Jack shook his head and looked away. He sat down on the sand and Martha sat down beside him.

Next Time: Jack and Martha have a serious talk. (don't worry it's not one of those where they yell at each other lol)

Ok well this is quite a short chapter, next one will be longer. anyways hope you enjoy it.

Chapter 14:

“Martha we have to talk” Jack said turning to look at her, he couldn’t keep this up; they had to talk about it. Martha turned around to face Jack as well, finally they were going to talk all of this through, and Martha had been waiting for this for a long time.

Jack began to speak, but didn’t know what to say, he couldn’t find the words for it.

“This friend’s thing isn’t working is it?” Martha asked, she couldn’t keep silent anymore she wanted to know what Jack thought about it. Jack smiled to himself, she was thinking just like him.

“Yeah I know” Jack replied he nodded his head in understanding; the question was where were they going to go on from here.

“I can’t keep doing this Jack, ignoring everything that had happened to us before I left, I don’t think we can continue on being friends” Martha said, she hoped Jack could understand.

He couldn’t believe what Martha was saying, he had wanted to tell her this from the time she had come back, Martha was right they couldn’t continue being friends.

“I know, Martha I care about you so much and I have missed you, but I think if we continue this other things will start happening and I know we can’t go through it because you are leaving soon” Jack said honestly.

Martha’s face lit up with a smile the first couple of words Jack said to her reassured her that Jack still loved her, not that any of it mattered.

“So what are we going to do” Martha asked, she was now confused they had run out of options except for one.

“I really don’t know” Jack replied looking down. But it was different for Martha she knew there was only one option left, getting together with him was not even a option, ignoring him wouldn’t work because they had tried that and being friends wouldn’t work either, if she had left Summer Bay it would solve a lot of things.

“What about if I leave?’ Martha questioned.

“No, you can’t do that” Jack shot out. “You can’t leave, you came here to enjoy you’re self and I don’t want you to leave early just because of me” Jack added.

Martha took a deep breath, he was right she didn’t want to leave she was glad to finally have two weeks of work and she didn’t feel like going back just yet.

Jack looked back down, blocking out everything, he was surprised he had admitted to Martha how much he cared for her, and was glad to finally have told her, how was he going to get past this, he couldn’t hide it any longer he was in love with her, but she was leaving in a week or so and there was nothing that could happen. Only if things were like before.

He couldn’t take this any more, he couldn’t just sit here and pretend to everyone like he was over Martha because he wasn’t.

“Martha come here” Jack said opening his arms to her, he wanted to hold her, Jack didn’t know why he had just said that, he knew they couldn’t be together, but he couldn’t help himself he wanted Martha. This was one of those moments where Jack didn’t think things through he just said them.

Martha looked up at Jack, she wanted to jump into his arms so badly and just lay there, but she couldn’t do it all over again, she had already hurt him when she left last time and now if they did the same thing she knew she was going to hurt him again she didn’t want to do it all over again. On the way she would also be hurting herself as well.

She looked down trying to ignore Jack, why was he doing this, he understood they couldn’t be together but he wasn’t giving up.

“Martha C’mon” he repeated he knew Martha wanted to but she was trying to hide it, he too knew he shouldn’t be doing this but he wanted Martha now, he didn’t care about anything else.

“Jack we can’t do this, I don’t want to hurt you all over again, you know that I’m leaving soon and…and.. we can’t Jack, we just can’t” she said after she had said that she looked back down at the ground. Tears started to form in her eyes, but she managed to control them, why did life have to be so hard, she thought to herself.

He gently put his arm on hers, she looked up at him “I know Martha” he replied, he knew what Martha had said was right but he ignored it. “I don’t care what tomorrow or any other day brings, I’m only thinking about right now, “Come here Martha” he said in a soft voice as he opened his arms hoping Martha would

Next Time- Will Martha give in?

here's the next chapter

Chapter 15:

Martha didn’t take her eyes of Jack for not even for a second, she looked at him and he had a smile on his face, the kind of smile Martha fell in love with almost a year ago. She knew what she was about to do was wrong in everyway, but somehow she couldn’t help herself, she smiled back at him.

She moved over from where she was sitting and the finally sat back down in Jack’s lap. He wrapped his hands around her tight, enjoying the moment.

Martha closed her eyes as she felt Jack’s warm hands around her it felt so good. She leaned back onto his chest, resting her head there; it was like nothing could separate them. She put her arms on his and stared out into the water.

Both of them not speaking, words couldn’t explain what they were going through and both of them seemed to forget everything that happened.

Martha had been waiting for this day in ages, the day she could be in Jack’s arms again, she would wake up every morning thinking he was next to her and it was the best feeling but when she realized that she was all alone in her own bedroom things changed. She wondered why she had been so stupid to ever leave him in the first place and now she was going to do it again, she couldn’t imagine what Jack would be going through after these 2 weeks were up.

“Jack we can’t” Martha tried to say, but she didn’t move she stayed in Jack’s arms, where she felt the safest.

Jack looked down at Martha, who was looking out at the water, she looked so beautiful, with her hair blowing everywhere, she looked up at him giving him a smile. He leaned down, placed his head on her shoulder he gave her a kiss on the cheek, completely forgetting about everything else.

Martha was glad to be in his arms again, she wondered how long it was going to last, how long it would be before they were both brought into reality. She couldn’t stop beating her self about moving away from this town in the first place, she had seen how much Jack was hurt.

“Jack I’m sorry this is all my fault” she said as a single tear dropped down on her face. “If I didn’t leave, none of this would be happening and none of us would be hurt” Martha said, she couldn’t control the tears anymore. Jack let go of Martha’s waist and grabbed her hand getting her attention.

Once Martha turned around to face Jack, he saw the tears rolling down on her cheeks he couldn’t help but comfort, he hated seeing her cry it hurt him even more. He cupped her face with his hands and slowly wiped away her tears. Martha couldn’t believe she was letting Jack see her cry. He slowly leaned closer to her until they were only millimeters apart. Martha placed her hands around his neck and he placed his hands back on her waist. Jack couldn’t resist her anymore, their lips finally met it was the first time in 6months and Jack was beaming with happiness. The kiss continued to grow with more and more passion. Jack ran his hands down her back and Martha did the same around his neck. .

They both stopped desperate for air, their lips still together

“I missed this” Martha whispered to him, she once again captured his lips for another passionate kiss, Jack didn’t reject her; he kissed her back, not even thinking about how hurt he was getting.

They had retired from kissing and Martha was laying in his arm in the same position she was before, and Jack’s arms were around her waist once again, making sure she wasn’t cold. Jack couldn’t believe that he was just kissing Martha before; he had waited for it for so long.

Martha didn’t speak, she was still processing what had happened, she couldn’t get her head around it, it had been 6months last time they shared a kiss and it was amazing every bit of it.

All of a sudden she felt Jack’s hands move around her stomach tickling her.

“Jack stop it” Martha said laughing trying to move his hands away from her body. But Jack didn’t stop.

“Make me” he replied with a cheeky smile. Martha turned around once again to face Jack she leaned forward to give him a kiss, Jack immediately stopped and wrapped his hands around her trying to get a close to her as he possibly could, he replied to the kiss.

“Well that made you stop” Martha said laughing, once they had stopped kissing.

“Not really” Jack said as he began to tickle her again. Martha removed her self from his lap and stood up,

“Well what do you have to say now” she said with a smile, Jack stood up walking up to Martha. She started to run away and Jack chased after her. She couldn’t help but laugh she knew Jack was faster than her and would catch up any second and he did. He placed his hands around her.

“Ok no more I’m promise” Jack said razing his hand in defeat. He sat back down on the sand pulling Martha down with him so she was sitting on his lap.

“Ok then” she replied resting her head on his chest again. They both looked out at the water neither of them speaking.

“Do you ever wonder what it would have been like f I didn’t leave?” Martha said, it was all coming back to her she had had her fun, but they couldn’t go on like this.

“I think about that question everyday” Jack answered honestly, he didn’t know why but he felt like he could tell Martha anything.

“Me too, I wish I hadn’t stuffed up so badly.” She replied, realizing she was getting carried away too much in the moment she let herself go form Jack’s grip and stood up.

“I better go” she said once Jack looked at her, still sitting down on the sand. He too realized this couldn’t continue like this, but it was probably going to be the last time he was going to be able to hold her.

“But Martha I lov-“Jack began to speak but she stopped him.

“No Jack, you deserve better” she replied, she ran off, knowing if she didn’t leave she never would.

Next Time:

-Someone makes a return

Sorry I haven’t updated sooner I was busy, here’s the next chapter hope you enjoy it

Chapter 16:

“Jack that is so unfair” Martha said, they were out in the beach and Jack had dragged her all the way in the water and now she was all wet.

“Just admitted Martha, you loved it” Jack replied as a smile appeared on his face, he put her down back on the sand.

“How could I love it when I’m all wet, and you through me in with my clothes on” Martha said looking down at her clothes, they were drenched.

“Aww C’mon it wasn’t that bad look on the bright side I got wet as well” Jack replied getting closer to her.

“Yeah, well it was you’re idea, so you’re to blame” she explained to him. He moved even closer wrapping his hands around her waist and pulling her towards him. Martha wrapped her hand around his neck, Jack gave her a quick kiss on the lips.

“Still angry” he asked looking up with her with a smile, Martha couldn’t stay angry at him she loved him too much, but decided to just play along.

“Yes Jack I’m still angry at you” Martha replied not letting go of him. Jack let go of her and sat down on the sand pulling her down so she could sit on his lap.

“You couldn’t resist me and you can’t stay angry at me can you?” Jack said stirring things up a little, he knew it would only make Martha even more angrier, but he loved to see her so annoyed.

“Oh, is that so” Martha started as she stood up and moved away from him. “Of course I could resist you, just watch me” she finished as she started to walk off from the beach and head back to Jack’s house. Jack immediately got up and followed her.

“So how long do you think you could resist me for 5, 10minutes?” he questioned her, as he walked beside her. She looked at him and shook her head.

“I could last a whole day” she answered back proudly as they entered Jack’s house she headed for the shower to get changed.

She got out of the shower to notice Jack lying on the couch watching T.V as soon as he saw Martha he gave her a smile. “Come join me” Jack said from the couch as he opened his arms.

“I’m not giving up that easily” Martha explained to him before walking over to the kitchen to get a drink. Jack followed her.

“C’mon seriously you’re not going to keep this up are you?” Jack questioned her. He moved closer and reached out for her arm, but she moved even further away

“Why, are you scared that I cold resist you for a whole day” Martha laughed at him, the truth was she probably couldn’t last that long without Jack.

“Alright I’m sorry, you win I loose” Jack replied razing his hands in defeat. He knew if he had admitted to loosing all this would be over.

“That’s better” Martha said as she wrapped her hands around Jack. He walked her over to the couch where they both lay in each other arms.

“You know that I love you” he said as he leaned over to kiss Martha, she replied to his kisses and soon they were kissing passionately.

“I love you too” she replied, wrapping her hands around him trying to get even closer. “To tell you the truth I probably couldn’t resist you for a day” she said as a smile appeared on her face. Jack let go of her in shock.

“So all that was for nothing, you just wanted me to admit that you were right and I was wrong” he said. “That’s so mean” he finished of.

“You love it” Martha replied before kissing him again.

Martha woke up to see she had fallen asleep on the couch, it was only a dream but it had put a smile on Martha’s face. She hadn’t talked to Jack much since their last encounter on the beach, she didn’t know what to say to him, but she had an idea, If she left early all of this would be over, she had texted Jack and told him that they needed to talk and that later on they would meet in front of the diner. She had to leave this town it would make everything so much easier for Jack and for herself. She just wondered what the dream meant.

Tash and Robbie walked along hand in hand, towards the diner. But before they were about to enter the saw someone in the distance. Tash stopped to see who it was while Robbie didn’t notice a thing.

“C’mon Tash” Robbie said pulling her along, but Tash didn’t move.

“Robbie doesn’t he look familiar” Tash said pointing at the guy who was in front of them and was heading towards them, Tash had seen him somewhere, but just couldn’t remember where.

“Oh my god” Robbie said shocked, “is that who I think it is”.

“What, who is it” Tash said, trying to find out.

“Isn’t that James?” Robbie said, looking at him closely,

“Oh god it is” Tash said, she couldn’t believe he was back, what did he want now, she wondered if she should tell Martha.

“Do you think we should tell Martha?” Tash asked on Robbie’s opinion.

“I don’t know, there isn’t much point, she’s leaving in like 2 days none of it matters” Robbie explained.

“Ok well I’m going to go and see how she is doing” Tash said as she started to walk of towards Martha’s apartment, while Robbie went to order lunch. She wondered why James would be back, they hadn’t seen him for so long and she was sure that he had left. She decided it was best not to tell Martha

“I’m coming” Martha said as she heard someone knock on the door, she wondered who it was; it wouldn’t be Jack because they were meeting up later.

“Hey” Tash said as Martha opened the door, Martha stood aside so Tash could come in. Martha closed the door and walked over to the couch and sat down.

Tash looked at Martha beside her; she seemed so distracted like she was caught in her own thoughts.

“Hey Mac you ok?” Tash questioned her; she looked at Mac, finally seeing that she looked back at her.

“Yeah I’m just a bit distracted” Martha said as she started back down on to the floor.

“Anything I can help with” Tash asked.

“How do you know if dreams mean something” Martha spat out eventually, Tash looked confused.

“Where’s all this coming from” Tash questioned her. Martha had told her yesterday that she was leaving early, she felt like Tash was the only person she could talk to. She had told her what had happened between Jack and her, and that she didn’t want to stay here anymore, she didn’t want to keep hurting him.

“Well before I left summer bay last time, I had this dream that I was going to leave summer bay and live in the city without Jack, me and Jack were still together back then so I though nothing of it, but then a couple of days later the dream was true, Jack wasn’t with me anymore and I was leaving in the city and now I had this weird dream about me and Jack” Martha explained to Tash.

“What do you mean weird?” Tash questioned her.

“Well me and Jack were together and it was just like things were before” she explained to Tash again.

“Well this could mean something” Tash said, Martha looked over to her. “What do you mean?” Martha questioned her.

“Don’t you think this is a sign telling you, you and Jack are meant to be together and that you still love him” Tash replied.

Martha thought to herself for a second, what Tash was saying made no sense, how could a dream tell her so much, Martha had plenty of dreams while she was in the city and they meant nothing, what was so special about this one.

“No, it can’t be that, it’s just probably another dream” Martha said as she sighed to herself.

“You know Martha you don’t have to leave so early, can’t you just stay for a bit longer” Tash pleaded, she didn’t want to see Martha leave, she knew she would eventually, but later the better.

“No Tash we already talked about this, I can’t keep doing this, Jack deserves so much better than me and I don’t want him to fall in love with me again and then once I leave I will be repeating the same thing I did to him 6months ago, the sooner I go the better it is for him.

“Ok I get it” Tash replied trying to understand. “Are you going to talk to Jack at all tell him about you’re decision” Tash questioned her.

“Yeah I’m meeting up with him later” Martha replied.

“Alright well I’ll see you at the diner later on then” Tash said, as she gave Martha a hug and headed outside.

Martha layed back down on the couch, the dream was nothing it was just another dream it couldn’t possibly mean anything. She was leaving soon and her and Jack could never be together.

here's the next chapter

Chapter 17:

Jack was on his way to the diner, where he and Martha agreed to meet, he didn’t know how to react so he was just going to go and see what she wanted. They hadn’t spoken for two days, it’s not the way Jack wanted it to be but he didn’t know what to do. 2 days ago when Martha said that it would be easier if she left now, Jack had been thinking about it and she was right, the earlier she left the easier it would be for both of them, they wouldn’t have to see each other. Over the past two days every time they saw each other it was awkward, they waved and smiled, never stopped to have a conversation. He knew if Martha left, he would miss her but he didn’t know what to do anymore, he loved her and she wasn’t staying she was leaving once again. The sooner she left the sooner he could get over her. Not that it was ever possible, he hadn’t gotten over her in the 6months and when she came back his love for her only grew. Why did everything have to turn out this way?. Even if it was best if Martha left, it’s not what he wanted, he wanted her to stay forever, but he knew that wasn’t possible, she had a different life now.

He looked ahead of him and there standing was Martha looking gorgeous like everyday. He smiled to himself; he could never get enough of looking at her.

“Hey” he said as he approached her, his hand in his pocket as he stood looking at her wondering why she wanted to meet up in the first place.

“Hey” she replied back, she could sense the awkwardness between both of them. “You’re probably wondering why I wanted to meet up.” Martha asked.

“Yeah I am” Jack replied, he looked at her and gave her a smile. The kind of smile that made Martha go weak in the knees, she knew she would miss it and everything else about Jack.

“Well, I have made up my mind I’m leaving” Martha spat out, she wondered how Jack would react, the last time they had spoken about this, Jack didn’t want her to leave because of him but Martha had made up her decision and no one was going to change that.

“What!” was all Jack had managed to get out. He wasn’t expecting her to say it, even though her leaving would be best for both of them, it’s not what he wanted. “You can’t leave just because of me” Jack added.

“Jack, I can’t stay here either, I really don’t know what to do, I think it would be best if I left” Martha explained to him, hoping he would understand.

“But Martha, you just can’t” was all Jack said, it was all real the girl he loved was going to walk out of his life all over again and there was nothing he could do about it.

“I’ve made up my mind” she replied.

“Martha…I…I love you” Jack managed to say ‘Oh my god’ Jack said to himself, he couldn’t believe he just said that. He reached out to touch her hand, but Martha backed away.

“Jack please don’t” she said softly, she was trying hard to fight back her tears, as much as she wanted to be in his arms she couldn’t.

Martha was shocked, she knew this was coming and it was all her fault, maybe if she didn’t give in to him at the beach or maybe if she didn’t come at all none of this would have happened. She had promised herself that she wouldn’t make the same mistake again, but she just did.

“No, I hate doing this, you deserve so much better Jack, I care about you and I don’t want to see you hurt” Martha explained once again “And it’s not just because of this that I am leaving early, I also have a job to get back to” Martha added.

She was right; Jack thought. He knew Martha would be leaving eventually, and even if she didn’t leave now she would leave in a couple of days anyway, he just wished the past had never happened. That James had never walked into their life. He wasn’t the cause of Martha leaving, but Jack still hated him and if he ever saw him again he couldn’t probably control himself.

“I understand” Jack nodded slightly; he put his hands back in his pocket and looked down at the floor. Trying to ignore all the hurt, he knew this was hard on Martha as well, but she had a life to get back to in the city. “So when do you leave?” he asked.

“Tomorrow afternoon” she replied.

Jack looked around the diner and saw a tall figure heading towards him. He had seen the guy somewhere but couldn’t quit tell who he was because he was so far in front of them.

Martha looked at Jack, noticing he was looking in a different direction; she followed his eyes which led to a man, a man she had seen before. As the man got closer she realized who it was.

“Oh my god” Martha said as she put her hand to cover her mouth, she couldn’t believe he was back, what did he want now, she hoped Jack didn’t notice him but it was too late, Jack was already walking up to him. Martha ran after Jack trying to stop him from doing what was coming next.

“Hey” James said, with a huge smiled plastered across his face, but that soon changed when he saw an angry Jack coming towards him and Martha running behind him.

“Jack don’t” Martha said as she grabbed on to his hand, making him stop. Jack turned to look at Martha then back at James he let himself go of Martha’s grip.

“What do you want” Jack snapped at him, once he reached him. Jack was in total shock, why would he be back, what did he want now?

“Can I please talk to you Martha?” James said politely, focusing his attention on Martha, Martha looked at Jack and then at James, normally Marta would reply with a simple ‘No’ after all if it wasn’t for that night her life wouldn’t be like this, but the look on James face was telling Martha that there was something important she needed to know.

“What if she doesn’t want to talk to you” Jack snapped back at him, why would he want to talk to Martha he didn’t understand, but Jack knew Martha didn’t want anything to do with James, she already had told him that she regretted what had happened, but to his surprise Martha was thinking completely different.

“Jack, I can handle this” she said looking at Jack, Jack was shocked, he thought Martha had cared about him and that she regretted leaving, but here she was running back to James.

“Are you serious” Jack asked, making sure he had heard the right thing. He was quite angry with her, after all they had been through he thought James would be the last person Martha would want to see.

Martha nodded her yes, and started walking towards James, she knew she had just made Jack angry, but she wanted to know why James wanted to talk to her.

“I can’t believe this” Jack said getting frustrated with Martha, he walked off into the diner, here he was defending her form James and she just shoved it all back at him.

Next Time: - Why is James back?

Chapter 18:

“So do you want to go for a walk” Asked James, he hadn’t planned on telling Martha and he never expected her to be back, he had thought she was still in the city.

“No, just tell me” Martha snapped at him, sure she was willing to talk to him, but that didn’t mean she was going to forget what he had done, he had told Jack about the kiss they shared, if it wasn’t for him she and Jack would still be back together.

“I see you’re still mad at me” James replied simply, how was he going to tell her, he had to she needed to know the truth it wasn’t fair.

“What do you expect me to be, if it wasn’t for you I wouldn’t be in this position right now I would be with the man I love, do you have any idea what you made my life like” Martha screamed at him she could feel the tears coming out.

“Look, I’m sorry but it’s not what you think, James said putting an arm on her shoulder, he had now realized how much it had hurt Martha, he was confused how to tell her, what was he supposed to say.

Martha moved away from him, she didn’t want him near her; she didn’t want him touching her. “What do you mean” she questioned him once she had calmed down.

“I didn’t want to do that, I didn’t want to break you and Jack up” he replied, waiting for her reaction, she deserved to know the truth.

“Then why did you do it” Martha asked shocked.

“I think it’s best if you sit down” James said as he sat down on the bench, Martha slowly sat down beside him, totally confused.

Jack was sitting with Tash and Robbie in the diner, not really listening to their conversation he was too busy thinking of Martha and what was happening outside with James, he couldn’t believe Martha had accepted to talk to him, she thought she had cared about him, and now she goes of with James, the person who was responsible for ruining their relationship in the first place.

“Earth to Jack” Robbie said waving his hand in front of him; he had been in his own world ever since he had entered the diner.

“Yeah” Jack said snapping out of his thoughts and looking at Robbie.

“Well it all started a couple of years ago, I owed some guy money, I never had the kind of money to pay it back, so I kept running away from my past, hoping they would forget me, but wherever I went they would find me, I had a job which was only enough to support me and my brother.” James explained to Martha.

“That must have been terrible” Martha replied, she kind of felt sorry for him, but wondered why this had anything to do with her.

“It was, I couldn’t tell my brother, so every time we moved I would make up another reason, he looked up to me as a father figure and I couldn’t let him down, ever since my parents had died I had promised myself I would look after him. But things started to get worse, the last time the guys had come down threatening to hurt my brother if I didn’t give them the money” James continued his story.

“So what did you do” Martha asked him.

“Nothing, I couldn’t go to the police so I did what I always did, moved away to another place, I didn’t have that kind of money to pay him back and I didn’t want them to take my brother, he was the only family I have left” James explained.

Martha could tell he was finding it hard to talk about it, Martha couldn’t possibly understand what James was going through, and it must have been hard on him.

“The town I moved to was different though, I had made new friends, I didn’t think much of it because I knew we would have to move soon, but that all changed when I met Lauren” James started to explain, he saw the change of Martha’s face when he had said Lauren.

“Lauren” Martha questioned him, what did this have to do with her and was it the same Lauren she was talking about.

“I felt like I could tell Lauren anything, she was a true friend I had never had a friend like her and of course she was rich, her dad owned half of the town, unlike me I had hardly an apartment to live in” He said. “And just like I had expected they had returned, they had managed to find me, but this time it was different Lauren had offered to help me, she was willing to pay them of, to her it was like nothing. I was so grateful and I had promised her when I could I would give her the money back.” James continued.

“Lauren helped you?” Martha asked.

“Yeah she did, but one day she had changed her best friend Emily Chambers was shot, and she was willing to do anything to destroy who ever did it to her”

“Oh I see” Martha said remembering who Emily was, she remembered Harry as well. Jack had to put up with Harry when he first moved to the town.

“Lauren was never the same again, she was determined to get what she wanted, which meant making Jack Holden’s life hell, she had it all under control her and Harry had succeeded so many times, but when they found out this town had accepted Jack Holden, Harry had decided to give up but Lauren didn’t. And that’s where I had come into the whole thing, she had helped me out before so I had no choice but to help her, I didn’t want to, but I had to do everything for her, hoping she would leave me alone but she didn’t, I knew I wouldn’t be able to get rid of her, until I returned all the money to her”

“She found out where he lived and she found out he had a girlfriend, which was you. She couldn’t stand to see him happy, he didn’t deserve it, I know that when Jack shot Emily it was an accident, but Lauren wouldn’t accept that, so she decided to use me to help her” James continued.

“And that’s why I met you that night at the surf club, and that was the reason for you telling Jack about mine and your kiss” Martha finished his story off, it had all made sense to her, she always knew Lauren was up to something.

“Yeah, I didn’t want to do it, I didn’t want to hurt you and Jack, I saw how much you to loved each other but I had no choice” James explained.

“So what happened after you had succeeded?” Martha asked him.

“Well, I was sick of her pushing me around and I had been saving money, eventually after a couple of months I had paid her back all the money and decided to move as far away from her, and that’s how I ended up here, I live a few towns away from here and I was just coming to visit, but I never expected to run into you” James replied.

“So did Lauren leave you alone?” Martha asked.

“Yes she still thinks you and Jack aren’t together and as long as Jack isn’t happy she is” James said, he looked at Martha who was looking at the ground. “What’s wrong?” he asked.

“Me and Jack aren’t together anymore, I moved away to the city because I felt so bad about what I did” Martha explained.

“But it wasn’t you’re fault I was the one that made you drink” James replied.

“I know but that doesn’t change anything I still ran away from the town and left Jack” she replied tears forming in her eyes again.

“I’m sorry for all this” he said to her, Martha just nodded.

“I better get going I hope you tell Jack the truth I think he deserves to know as well” James said before he got up and walked off.

“Bye” she replied, before heading back into the diner preparing to tell Jack everything.

Next Time: Jack finds out the truth.

Ok well there’s that chapter, I never made James as being a bad guy in “We belong together” well expect for the fact that he split Martha and Jack up, but he never wanted to do it. Hope that all made sense; next chapter will involve Jack and Martha.

Chapter 19:

Martha walked into the diner, still processing everything James had told her, she was kind of glad how it had all worked out. She was glad it wasn’t her fault, but then again she was one who had made the choice of leaving Summer Bay. She needed to tell Jack, he deserved to know the truth.

She looked ahead of her and saw Tash, Robbie and Jack. But it wasn’t the Jack she normally saw, he looked upset and wasn’t even looking at her, it had reminded her of the day a week ago when she arrived into the diner for the first time in 6months. He was completely ignoring her; she didn’t blame him she had acted like an idiot outside with James before.

“Hey Mac glad you could join us” Tash said offering her to sit across them next to Jack. She looked at Jack and then sat down. Still not looking up at her Jack began to play with his keys, trying to ignore her.

“I think I might head off” Jack said, he began to stand up but was stopped by Martha.

“Jack wait” Martha said grabbing onto his hand and pulling him back down. Jack placed himself back in his chair, Robbie and Tash had no idea what was going on.

“Look I’m sorry about before, he just needed to tell me something important” Martha explained to him hoping he would understand.

“Oh really, so you had the urge to make me feel like an idiot, I thought you hated him, after what he had done I can’t believe you would go back to him” Jack said razing his voice.

“It’s not what you think, we were just talking” Martha replied.

“Yeah and I was an even bigger idiot to believe you cared about me, you even said you regretted what had happened, obviously not” Jack said looking away from her.

“Jack I do care about you, just please let me explain” Martha replied.

“Explain what, to tell me I’m an idiot for loving you or to tell me that fact that you didn’t care whether we broke up or not 6 months ago” Jack said.

“Maybe we should go” Robbie said standing up, Tash followed him, but before they could leave Jack got up.

“No it’s ok you stay, I’m leaving” Jack replied walking out of the diner. He couldn’t stand being around her anymore.

Martha didn’t run after him she sat back down in her chair She could feel both Tash’s and Robbie’s eyes on her waiting for her to explain, but she didn’t look up. Robbie stood up walking out, he figured he would give Tash and Martha time alone, since they were best friend Tash could always find out what was wrong with her.

Jack lay on his couch in silence the T.V was off and the house looked messy, there were boxes everywhere. Kim and Rachael were moving out and getting an apartment for themselves. They had practically moved everything except for a couple of things. Jack had the whole house to himself, but he couldn’t help thinking about Martha. She was leaving tomorrow and he wanted to make things right between them before she left but he didn’t know if that was possible.

“Just go and tell him” Tash said encouraging Martha to go. They were upstairs in Martha’s apartment discussing her and Jack.

“But he thinks it’s something else” Martha explained to her.

“He will understand, go and tell him he deserves to know the truth” Tash gave her a smile hoping it would convince her.

“Thanks” Martha said standing up. She grabbed Jack’s jacket that she hadn’t given back since the time they were together in the beach. She was headed for his place to tell him everything.

Jack heard a knock on the door, he stood up from the couch and went to open it, to his surprise it was Martha. He was glad she was here, but didn’t show it.

“Great” Jack said under his breath, he opened the door for Martha and walked over to the couch completely ignoring her.

“What’s all this stuff” she asked Jack looking at the boxes on the floor, she was trying to make conversation.

“Kim and Rachael have moved out” he answered back simply, still wondering why she was here.

“Ok then, here’s your jacket” she said handing it to him Jack didn’t even look up at her, he continued to stare at the floor. “Ok look Jack it’s not what you think, I do care about you and me and James were just talking I would never go back to him” Martha added sitting down next to Jack; she touched his arms which gained his attention. He looked up at Martha, telling her he was listening.

“Well the reason James came back for is to tell me the truth, about everything, what happened between him and me was a set up, he had to do it” Martha started

Say something” she said to him. She had explained the story to Jack the same way James had explained it to her, but as for Jack he was quite, he hadn’t spoken. She just wished he would say something to tell what he was thinking.

“I can’t believe Lauren did that” Jack said looking up at Martha.

“I know I couldn’t believe it as well but I always knew she was up to something” Martha explained to him.

“So what are you saying James didn’t want to do that, he had to?” Jack asked making sure he had heard the right thing. He couldn’t believe that after 6 months they had found out what really happened, he couldn’t believe Lauren would do such a thing. He realized there was no reason being angry at James, when Lauren was to blame. Only if he had found out this earlier Martha wouldn’t have left.

“Yeah she made him do it” she replied back.

“This still doesn’t explain why you left, you could have stayed around, you didn’t have to go” Jack said to her.

“I know it doesn’t explain why I left, but if none of that had happened I wouldn’t have gone, I’m sorry Jack” she said to him as she reached out to touch his arm again. Jack gave her a smile, the kind of smile Martha loved

Chapter 20:

Martha woke up with the sound of people talking. She could hear her granddad talking to someone. A smile appeared on her face, it felt like home. But suddenly all that changed, she had remembered what day it was today. It was time for her to leave; she had called Crystal and told her she would be back tonight. She wasn’t ready to leave this place especially now that she had found out about what Lauren did. It seemed like everything was falling into place.

She was glad, she knew the truth about Lauren and what she had done and what was even better was that Jack knew as well. But it didn’t explain why she had left. She tried to forget about it, and focus on today, it was her last day here and she wanted to make good memories not spend the whole day worrying about something else. She was leaving in the afternoon, so she had half the day.

“Morning Granddad” she said as she approached to the kitchen and turned on the kettle.

“Morning, how did you sleep?” Alf questioned her, he wasn’t happy about her leaving but she had a job to get back to and a life to carry on with.

“Good” Martha replied and she walked over and sat on the couch. She was distracted by the knock on the door.

“I’ll get it” Alf said walking over to do the door. “Tash” he said surprised “Come in”.

“Well Martha I better get going” Alf said as he walked out of the apartment, leaving Martha by herself with Tash.

“Hey” Tash said as she approached Martha, she sat next to her on the couch. Martha replied with a smile, she had missed having such a good friend like Tash; she was the only person she could tell everything to.

“So when are you leaving” Tash questioned her.

“This afternoon at 3” Martha replied. Not looking up at her. Martha felt like she was letting her down in some way.

“Martha do you really have to go?” Tash questioned her, she didn’t see the point in any of this, the reason she had decided to leave was because of Jack, but now that they had found out what had happened, there was no point in leaving, since it wasn’t Martha’s fault.

“Yes I do, I have a job to get back to, I can’t stay here forever” Martha replied. “Yeah I know but at least stay till the end of the week” Tash suggested to her. Martha had thought about this before, even if she was to leave later, she would still hurt Jack. He had made it obvious to her yesterday that he still loved her, Martha couldn’t say it back she didn’t want to hurt him even more when she left.

“No I can’t I have already packed and informed Crystal that I’m coming tonight, I’m sorry” Martha replied she could see how upset she was.

“I know” Tash started. “It’s just that I missed having you around so much and when you came back to visit I was so glad to have you back, but now it going to suck without you” Tash finished off.

Martha nodded, she could see how hard it was for Tash to say this, and she had tears in her eyes.

“It’s been great having Jack and Robbie there, but I miss having my best friend I miss our girlly chats and something’s I just can’t tell them, I miss having someone to talk to, you always knew how to help me out.” Tash continued.

“I know I’m sorry” Martha replied, she didn’t know what else to say to her, she felt so bad. There was an awkward silence.

“Promise me one thing” Martha said turning to Tash. Tash looked up at Martha. “Anything” Tash replied.

“Ok promise me you and Robbie will look after Jack, he is so lucky to have friends like you and I have seen how close friends you have gotten since I have been away. I don’t think he could have survived with out you” Martha said.

“I promise” Tash replied, she would have no problem keeping that promise, her and Robbie loved to hang out with Jack.

Martha reached out to hug her, she could see the tears in Tash’s eyes and Martha’s eyes were getting teary as well. “I’m sorry that I have to leave” Martha said hugging her tighter. Tash couldn’t hold the tears back anymore.

“So Jack what do you have planned for today?” Robbie said turning to look at Jack. They were sitting down watching the footy, but Jack wasn’t concentrating on it, he wished today never had come. Martha had to leave.

“Nothing really” Jack replied simply.

“Good so you’re coming down to say goodbye to Martha, this afternoon” Robbie questioned him. Jack turned around to look at him; he was surprised by his question.

“No, I’m busy” Jack replied trying to think of an excuse, he didn’t want to see Martha leave and he couldn’t say goodbye to her, he couldn’t just watch her walk out of his life once again.

“C’mon Jack I’m sure Martha would appreciate it” Robbie answered back; he knew Jack wasn’t really busy.

“Nah I can’t come” Jack replied, hoping Robbie would change the subject. “Do you want a drink?” Jack asked hoping Robbie would forget about their conversation.

There was no way he was going to come and say goodbye to Martha, he couldn’t it was too hard, he hoped she would understand. He wanted to see her so bad before she left, but he just couldn’t do it.

Archived