Growing Closer

Guest Jacksthehottest

Chapter 31:

The surf club was looking more and more empty; everything was turned of including the music. Alf had closed it up, but had let them still stay in there. After Tony had explained everything to all of them, not much had been spoken. They were all worried, they had also contacted Leah and Dan who were sitting down around the table, both comforting each other.

They all sat together in one big group, no one spoke, afraid they might say something wrong. The only noise that could be heard was crying. Lucas and Matilda were also trying to comfort each other. Lucas hadn’t taken the news very well, it had take him a long time to settle down, he still hadn’t come to full terms with the situation. Jack was been held hostage and there was nothing they could do only wait around for any new news.

Tony had offered going down to that station in case Jack had come back, but Lara had told him it was best if he just stayed where he was, she would contact him when Jack had gotten back, that was if he ever got back. Tony wasn’t in the mood for arguing he just agreed.

He couldn’t go through all for this again, loosing his son, he had already lost his wife and he wasn’t ready to loose anyone else. He always knew Jack’s job was dangerous and for many years Tony would worry every time Jack would go to work but lately it has been different it had became safer, that was until now.

Tash sat down, she couldn’t help but to think of Martha, she was going to come down to the surf club, completely clueless. She still had no idea that what was going on. She had seen how happy Martha was to be staying and she had never seen Jack that happy either, finally things were beginning to work out again and she knew they would get back together soon.

But the thing that scared her most was if Jack died, she knew Martha couldn’t handle it, and she didn’t want to see that happen, Jack was also hers and Robbie’s friend and they had gotten quit close, she didn’t want to see him leave all of them.

Jack was still sitting in his chair, it had now passed more than 30 minutes and still no one had come for them and nothing had changed. They were still tied up to the chairs; the guys over in the corner hadn’t spoken much to them except to each other. They looked like they were planning something and Jack was getting more and more frustrated wit the situation, not to mention scared.

“Peter when are they getting here?, its past 30minutes” Jack asked.

“I don’t know, does it look like I would be able to tell you” Peter snapped back at him, he was still angry at the fact that he couldn’t do anything, he was useless.

“You know you don’t have to be so rude, we have been stuck in this place for ages and it’s all because of you” Jack replied, raising his voice a bit.

“Don’t you think I know that Constable, would you like to tell me a couple more times” Peter asked, all he and Jack had done was argue.

“Will you two shut up, I have warned you once already” One of them said. Both Jack and Peter didn’t reply back, they followed his orders.

“Now what are we going to do with you two” The other said as he approached them once again he still hadn’t let go of the gun.

“You know, you won’t be able to get away from this, they will eventually catch you” Peter said almost threatening him, he was in no situation to do it, but he couldn’t help it, they all deserved to be locked up.

“Peter don’t” Jack warned him again, he asked himself so many times how Peter had the guts to say these things to them, knowing they could shoot him any second.

“I advise you to listen to your friend there” he said waving his gun in the air. The faces on both of them, was enough to make him laugh. He loved to see them so scared.

“So what will we do with the two of you then, take you away, pretend like none of this happened” he said putting his the gun first on Jack’s head then moving it over to Peter’s. Jack started to shake again, he closed his eyes was this the end of him.

“I have worked it out” The other guy said. He looked up at him with a smile on his face walking back to him. Jack took a deep breath, they kept on playing with his life he didn’t know how much longer he could take this.

Martha had just finished getting ready, she was singing to herself, she couldn’t believe how happy she was. She picked up a pair of jeans and a simple shirt. She didn’t want to over dress it wasn’t a date, well that’s what she thought anyway.

She couldn’t wait to get down there, tonight was the night she was going to tell Jack everything. She grabbed her bag and keys, locking up the apartment behind her.

She reached the surf club noticing it was closed. ‘That’s weird’ she thought to herself. It was still an early night, she wondered why it would be closed. She pushed the door to get in and to her surprise it was open.

She walked inside spotting all her friends and family sitting there. But it was unusual, they were all sitting around the same table and all of a sudden the happy face that she had walked into the bar with had changed.

“What’s going on?” Martha asked, she knew this wasn’t going to be good.

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Chapter 32:

How could this be possible, there must be some kind of mistake, why did this always happen, as soon as her life started to pick up again something would go wrong. This time something went terribly wrong, she couldn’t believe Jack was being held hostage. Tonight was supposed to be their night, tonight was the night she was going to tell Jack everything, that she was crazy about him and that she loved him.

But now she wasn’t sure what to do, she was sitting by herself in the corner, she didn’t won’t to join them, she couldn’t she wasn’t strong enough. They had all managed to somehow stay strong but Martha couldn’t. She could already feel the tears coming down her cheeks. She couldn’t think about it, she couldn’t loose Jack not now, not ever.

Tash had tried to comfort her, but eventually gave up when Martha didn’t respond, she didn’t really feel like talking to any one. She looked over at Tony Lucas, she couldn’t imagine what they were going through, especially Lucas he looked scared.

When Jack left for work before, she didn’t mind she had all the time in the world to spend with him, and she had plenty of chances to tell him how she felt. How could that all of a sudden change she didn’t understand. She didn’t want to think about what was happening to Jack right now, all she could imagine was a gun being pointed to his head. She tried hard not to think about it, but the more she tried the less it worked, she couldn’t control her tears. She wanted Jack; he could make her feel so much better.

She wiped away her tears and noticed that Tony and Lucas were making their way over to her, she couldn’t possibly ignore them, both of them are going through so much.

“Hey” Tony said, once he reached her, he forced a smile pulling a chair to sit next to Martha, Lucas did that same. All she could do was nod in reply and force a smile, she didn’t know what to say.

“Jack will make it, he’s strong” Tony said putting a comforting arm on her shoulder, he had seen how upset she was.

“And what if he doesn’t...” she asked, trailing off, she could feel the tears coming again.

“He will Martha, you know Jack he loves his job, he will get through all of this” Tony said trying again.

“Yeah I know but this is different he isn’t in hospital, he is in god knows where and someone might have gun to his head” she replied, but automatically regretted it, she looked over at Lucas, who looked down at the floor. “Sorry” she said.

“No it’s ok” Tony replied. “You know what Martha” he added.

“What” she asked

“I’ve never seen Jack happier” he replied simply.

“What do you mean” she asked confused.

“When he found out you were back in town, he was all of a sudden different, more happy and outgoing, he even started to cut down on work, now that’s amazing” Tony said laughing, Martha laughed along it was the first time since she had been told the news that she laughed.

“He might have tried to hide it that he didn’t like you, but he really did, you should have seen him without you for the 6months he went crazy” Lucas added. Martha turned to look at him and smiled.

“And now that you are here to stay, he’ll be even more happier” Tony said.

“He already knows, I saw him before he went to work” she replied.

“You did, how did he take it?” Lucas asked surprised.

“He seemed happy and things were starting to get back to how they were but now…” she trailed of, not knowing whether to bring it up.

“Hey, hey we have to hope that Jack will be ok,” Tony said, reassuring her. “The next thing you know Jack could be walking through that door, wanting a beer” Tony laughed. Martha smiled at him, he sure knew how to make her feel better and for the first time she had hope. She wanted all this to end.

“ So it’s settled then, we will take them there, you come 20minutes later so no one suspects a thing” One of the guys said to the other.

“Yep” he replied walking back towards Peter and Jack.

Jack had waited patiently over the hour, but all he wanted to do was jump up from his seat and run home, back to his family and back to Martha. He wondered if she would know that he was here, would she be worried? His thoughts were distracted but the guy approaching and he had a huge smile on his face.

He walked first over to Peter and started untying him from the chair.

“What are you doing? Where are you taking us?” Peter asked getting worried. Jack didn’t say anything he couldn’t he was too scared to even speak; now no one could find them.

“You will soon find out” He replied. Peter tried to get away, but he was to strong.

The other guy made his way towards Jack, but before he could do anything, there was a loud noise heard from outside. Everyone froze including Jack.

The two guys looked at each other. “Who was that” One of them yelled.

“You two better not have called anyone to come” He said pointing his gun at Peter and then at Jack. “Or else” he added, growing more and more angrier

Ok that’s the end of that chapter, sorry that I am dragging this hostage situation out for ages, but it will end soon either good or bad lol…thank you for all your comments, I am also sort of working on another fic, but I’m not sure If i will post it..

Chapter 33:

The past half an hour were a blur for Jack, he didn’t know where he is, he was lost. So much had happened he didn’t know what was going on. He remembered the loud noise they heard outside, the next thing he knew the two guys were running, leaving Jack and Peter behind, they had no time to get them.

Then next he saw was a lot of police officers coming into the warehouse, police sirens and ambulance. His mind was spinning. A couple of officers ran in the same direction as the other guys and some stayed behind for Jack and Peter.

When Peter was un tied from the chair, the first thing he did was run after them himself, not that it was much use they were long gone, he hopped into a police car and sped of, determined to find them.

Jack didn’t understand Peter, his life had almost been taken away and still he was risking himself again. They had about 4 police cars after them; it was going to be a short time before they caught them.

“You ok Constable?” One of the officers asked him, who was sitting next to Jack in the car.

Jack juts nodded his head as an answer, he had thought that he was gone for sure, he still couldn’t believe that he was out safely. His memory flashed back to the actually scene.

“Who was that?” One of them asked, pointing his gun at Jack.

He didn’t know what to reply. “I don’t know” Jack replied, he had began to shake, and he could tell Peter was also scared from beside him.

“This better not be who I think it is” The other said growing angrier. He was still standing looking out to see if he could see anyone.

“ I swear to god, you won’t stay alive if you have called for back up -…. ” One of them said, but was cut of from the other.

“Let’s go, run, go” The other said picking up his gun and running towards the back entry. The other guy quickly followed him running as fast as they could.

Martha was still sitting in the corner, nothing could be heard from her except for an occasional sniff. She looked at her phone ever minute, checking if Jack had sent her a message or anything saying he was ok, but sadly there was nothing.

The rest of her family and friends who sat around the table, were talking to each other quietly. Now that Tony and Lucas had talked to her Martha felt a bit better, she even had hope Jack would make it.

But as time passed she didn’t know what to think her chances of Jack begin safe were going down and down by the minute.

How could someone like Jack deserve this, he had done nothing wrong.

Jack sat down in the station, looking up at what everyone was doing. He saw Peter come out of his office.

“Hey, how are you holding up?” Peter asked he had wanted to apologize for before; he had put Jack’s life in danger.

“Fine” was all Jack replied looking down, Peter was supposed to be a Detective, he was supposed to save people’s life, not place them in danger.

“Look I’m sorry, I wasn’t thinking straight, you don’t know how long I have wanted to catch them and I couldn’t let anything get in my way” Peter started.

“I couldn’t let them get away, I just couldn’t. When I had found out where they were located all I thought about was catching them and putting them in jail where they belong, I didn’t think about anything else, sorry for dragging you in” He finished of.

“Yeah, but your supposed to be a Detective a good police officer who knows what they are doing” Jack argued.

“Yeah well I guess I stuffed up” Peter replied.

“So have you interviewed them, got any information from them?” Jack asked changing the subject.

“No I’m about to go and talk to them now, you should go home, I’m sure your family would love to see you” Peter answered back.

Jack nodded and stood up, Lara had told him before that she had already called up his dad and told him what was going on. She also told him that they were all at the surf club.

“Jack do you want to call them and tell them your ok” Lara asked handing him the phone.

“Nah it’s ok I’m going there now” he replied, he couldn’t wait to see their reactions when they saw him.

“Dad?” Lucas said.

“Yeah?” Tony replied.

“What if he doesn’t make it dad, what if they sh-“ Lucas began but couldn’t tears started to flow downs from his eyes.

“No Lucas he will we just have to stay strong” Tony said putting an arm around. The next thing they heard was the door open. Tony stood up immediately running over to see who it was.

Chapter 34:

“Jack” Tony yelled out, unable to control his excitement. He was glad to see that he was ok. Tony ran up to Jack hugging him tight, he had already lost his wife, even if it was a long time ago, it still hurt. He was juts glad he hadn’t lost another family member.

“You’re alright?” Tony said. By now everyone had made their way over to him, everyone except for Martha she still sat in the corner and watched.

“I’m fine dad” Jack replied, he saw how glad his dad was and even Lucas. He had surprised them all, including himself. An hour ago he could only wish to be back here, he had thought he would have been gone by now, but he wasn’t he was alive.

Tony stepped back, Jack saw as Lucas had his head down, unable to look up. He had tears in his eyes, tears of joy.

“Hey mate” Jack said as he placed his hand on Lucas’s shoulder. Lucas finally looked up, his eyes shinning with tears.

“Come here” Jack started “Unless you think it’s not cool to hug you’re older brother” he joked Lucas smiled up at him and leant in for a hug.

“I’m glad you’re ok” Lucas replied, he stepped back.

“Jack can I get you anything?” Tony said, pushing him towards a table to sit down. This is when Jack noticed Martha sitting down, he looked up at her and she did the same. Their eyes locked for a few seconds but then Martha dropped their gaze.

“Dad, I’m fine, just a bit tired” Jack replied, he knew his dad would be on his back now, Jack had almost died and he knew Tony would want to take care of him. Jack sat down on a chair and rested back, he was in real need of sleep, but he wasn’t about to leave just yet.

“Glad to have you back mate” Robbie said as he pulled a chair and sat down near him, Tash did the same.

“Yeah” Jack smiled, looking up at his friends.” I have never been so scared before in my life” Jack admitted to them and everybody there.

“Yeah I couldn’t imagine it, how did you manage to get away, why didn’t you call us and tell us you were ok?” Tony questioned him.

“It’s a long story” Jack admitted and he wasn’t in the mood of telling Tony or anyone else about it. He had just realized it was all over, still deep down he was scared.

“You know what I could really use right now with, a beer” Jack replied, everyone laughed.

“I’ll get you one” Alf said as he walked of into the bar.

“So that’s all you can think about right now?” Lucas replied smiling at him.

“Yep” was all jack could say.

The past 20 minutes had been spent with everyone questioning Jack, few laughs and a few beers. He still hadn’t made his way over to talk to Martha. Tony and Beth were sitting on a different table with Matilda and Lucas, while Jack was chatting to Tash and Robbie.

“You know she was really worried about you” Tash said, taking a look at Martha.

“Yeah I figured, I think I’m going to go and talk to her” Jack said as he stood up, he had been waiting for this day in ages; he thought he wouldn’t see her again.

Martha looked up and saw Jack coming towards her, this was it, Martha thought to herself, she would have to tell him, today had taught her many things, she thought she was going to loose him and he was going to leave without knowing how much she loved him.

He pulled out a chair and sat down next to her.

“Hey” he said as he placed his hand on hers, she was still looking down, Jack could see the tears coming out, he just wanted to comfort her.

He placed his hands around her waist and pulled her closer to him. She placed her head on his chest, letting the tears out. He could feel as his shirt was getting wet from her tears, but he didn’t care he had her now in his arms and nothing else mattered.

He used one of his hands to slowly stroke her hair; he waited until she had stopped crying to talk to her.

“Sorry” she said wiping her tears and looking up at him.

“No don’t be” Jack replied with a smile. She looked at him, tears began falling down her cheeks again.

“I thought you were gone” she said, he pulled her back in his arms.

“I’m sorry for everything Jack, you never deserved any of it” Martha spoke into his chest so that only he could hear.

He cupped her face, making her look up at him. “Don’t worry about it, I’m glad everything’s over now” he said. Martha was so close to him that she could feel herself just wanting to lean forward and kiss him, but she could not yet.

“There’s something I want to tell you” Martha said sitting back on her chair, wiping her tears, preparing to tell him everything.

“What is it?” Jack asked eager to know.

“I thought I would never get the chance to tell you..” she began unable to say it. Jack put his hand under her chin making her look up at him again. “To tell you that I love you” she finished of.

A huge smile grew on Jack’s face, he had waited for over 6months to hear it from her, he thought he never would.

“I love you too” he replied. Martha smiled at him and moved closer. Jack moved even closer until their lips finally met and this time no one was going to stop them. Jack placed his hand over her waist pulling her up on to his lap. Martha placed her hands around his neck, she didn’t care who was watching. Soon they were kissing passionately.

Lol so I didn’t leave it till the next chapter, next chapter will be the last, thanks for all your comments, they are really appreciated.

Here is the final chapter enjoy

Chapter 35: - Final Chapter

“Promise me that will never happen again” she said as she drew away from his kisses. “That you won’t scare me like that” she said resting her head back on his chest.

Jack used one of his hands to slowly stroke her face. “I promise” he whispered down to her, kissing the top of her head.

Martha was confused, did this mean her and Jack were get back together, sure they had shared a kiss and it was special, but did Jack think the same, she couldn’t wait any longer she wanted to know. She lifted her head looking back up at him.

“What does this mean” she asked with a huge smile plastered across her face.

“What do you mean?” Jack asked her confused.

“Does this mean we are together?” Martha asked hopeful, her eyes shining. Before she could say anything Jack leant forward giving her a kiss. He placed his hands around her, trying to get close; Martha deepened the kiss making it go for even longer.

“Does that answer your question?” he asked pulling away. She smiled in return but then spoke again.

“You know you still deserve better, after al-“she tried to say but Jack cut her of, he silenced her by putting a finger to her lips.

“I don’t want to hear it” he smiled back at her. “I want you and that’s all that matters, I don’t care what I deserve or what I don’t, as long as I have you everything’s fine” he finished off, he saw as a smile appeared from Martha’s face. Martha was about to speak when she saw Robbie and Tash heading their way, she knew she had to apologize to Tash, she hadn’t really done anything wrong but Martha felt bad for ignoring her before.

“Hey guys, what do we have here?” Robbie asked cheekily. Tash gave him a playful slap on the arm.

“Leave them alone” Tash replied. Martha and Jack looked at each other and smiled.

“I was just asking?” Robbie said putting his hands up in defense.” Jack come garb a beer with me” he added.

“Alright” he replied as Martha stood up from his lap, but sat back down when Jack got up. “I’ll be right back” he said to her as he kissed her quickly on the lips. Martha smiled as she watched Robbie and Jack walk off.

She turned to face Tash; there was an awkward silence between them for a moment, until Martha broke it.

“Listen I’m sorry about before, I just didn’t feel like talking to anyone, sorry if I was rude” Martha explained to her, hoping Tash would understand.

“Don’t worry I understand, I would have done the same if I was in your situation” Tash replied. “So what’s going on, are you finally back together?” Tash questioned her.

All Martha could do was smile, it hadn’t sunk in properly yet, but all she knew was she was back with Jack; she had wanted that for such a long time and now she could finally have him.

“I guess so” Martha replied with a smile.

“So this means the whole Summer Bay will have to suffer again, we’re going to watch you and Jack all over each other again, what a nightmare” Tash stated

“Shut up” Martha joked.

“No seriously, I’m happy for you and as far as I can see Jack seems to be happy, actually come to think of it happy is no way to describe it, maybe excited?, very happy?.” Tash laughed, she hadn’t seen Jack this happy in a long time. Martha smiled back at her.

“Well me and Robbie are going to head off, it’s getting a bit late and it has been a long night” Tash said standing up as Robbie and Jack approached. Martha stood up as well.

“Yeah take care” he said turning to Jack.

“I will” he replied.

“Bye Mac” Tash said giving her a hug, before her and Robbie left.

“So” Jack began as he placed himself down on the chair again, pulling Martha down with him. “Where’s my hug?” he asked.

“You get more than a hug” she smiled as she leant in closer to him.

“I hope so because you have a lot of kisses and hugs to pay back, it’s been 6months” he replied.

“Looking forward to all of it” she smiled leaning even closer, until their lips met. They continued like this for a few moments. After all they had been through they ended up in each other arms and nothing could separate them now

“Can I get you anything, a drink maybe” Martha asked pulling away. Jack shook his head pulling her back in,

“I want you” he replied giving her a kiss.

“But you must be tired, it has been a long day” she said, trying once again.

“I am, I’m exhausted” Jack replied. “I think I could fall asleep right here” Jack added.

“Maybe you should go home and get some sleep” Martha suggested.

“I don’t want to leave you” he replied, resting his head on her shoulder, while looking down at her. Martha let out a sigh, leaning against him. Suddenly Jack had an idea; he jumped up, standing up. Martha was shocked what was going on, she placed herself back on the chair.

“I have an idea, your coming with me” he said. Martha looked surprised, sure she wanted to, but it wasn’t right he was tired and he needed sleep.

“Jack, I don’t think that’s a good idea, you need to get some sleep” she replied.

“C’mon please, just think of this I’ll be all alone at the house, with no one there” he said putting on a sad face. “Please” he added, reaching out for her hand, making her stand up as well.

“Fine” she said giving up. Jack smiled at her.

“Thank you” he said giving her a kiss. They walked over to Tony who was standing with Alf.

“Dad were going to head home” Jack said. Tony looked at Martha and Jack standing in front of them, they were holding hands; He guessed they were back together, but didn’t question them.

“Alright, are you going to be ok?” Tony asked, before Jack could reply, Martha cut in.

“I’ll take care of him” Martha said, while they walked outside hand in hand.

“I don’t need taking care of” Jack argued, once they were outside.

“Sure you do Jack, you need special care” she said patting his head. Jack stopped to think about it.

“What kind of special care” Jack said raising his eyebrows. Martha shook her heads, she couldn’t help but laugh.

She wrapped both of her hands around him. “I love you” she told him.

“I love you too” he replied giving her a kiss.

THE END

Ok…well that was it, I figured I needed some happy scenes at the end, hope you all enjoyed reading that chapter and the whole fic. Please tell me what you thought of it.

Ok I would just like to thank everyone who left a comment, they are really appreciated, so thank you.

Comments.

Archived