The Aftermath

Guest Jackieleanne

Chapter 31

Lucas P.O.V

“Umm Henry” I stutter panicking at what he had just overheard Ric say,

“You got my sister pregnant” he yells his face getting redder with rage,

“look Henry I love her it was a mistake but I’m standing by her I’d never leave her” I say trying to get my way out of the situation,

“She’s 16 your destroying her life the best thing for her to do would be to get an abortion she can’t ruin her life” He yells,

“Henry look calm down Mattie wants to keep the baby she needs you to support her not upset her” Ric says calmly I can tell he is trying to keep the situation under control,

“I don’t care he got her pregnant just because he can’t keep his pant’s on how many other girls have you got shacked up or is it just my sister” He yells at me coming towards me as he throws a punch my way I duck out the way before he can hit me,

“Hey Henry stop what’s going on” Robbie yells running in Jack behind him as they hold Henry back,

“Get off me Robbie he got her pregnant!” Henry yells

“What?!” Robbie shouts

“Mattie’s pregnant?” Jack says quietly

“Yes she’s pregnant it was a mistake but I’m going to help her through this I am not going to leave her and us fighting is not going to help Matilda is it” I say softly,

“Lucas is right you have to think what is best for Matilda do dad and Beth know” Jack says as he continues to hold Henry back,

“Yeah they do and they’ve accepted it so please Henry, Robbie we need your guys support not your anger” I say,

“It’s ok Lucas she’s my little sister yeah she’s young but I mean look at me and Tasha I mean Im only a few years older than her and we have a kid, and well mum had Scott at 16 plus you’re a good guy as long as you promise not to hurt her I’ll accept it” Robbie says calmly looking at me,

“I promise” I say.

“Are you serious Robbie she can’t keep this baby, she isn’t keeping this baby” Henry screams

“I am keeping this baby Henry!” I hear Mattie’s voice yell tears streaming down her face all I want to do is run to her and hold her in my arms,

“You can’t be serious Matilda you’re destroying your life all because he can’t keep his pants on” Henry screams,

“Shut up Henry I love him it was an accident but we are going to make this work” She cries

“Ugh” Henry yells frustrated pushing his way out of the room,

“Argh” I hear Matilda’s cries and watch as she clutches her stomach in agony,

“Mattie!” I cry running over to her and wrapping my arms around her supporting her as she goes limp in my arms,

“Jack quick we got to get her to hospital” I hear Robbie scream as he rushes to us,

“It’s going to be ok baby I promise” I say softly trying to reassure her as she cries in my arms,

“the baby lucas the baby” she cries screaming in pain as she squirms in my arms.

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Chapter 32

It had been thirty minutes since we had arrived at the hospital, forty-five minutes since Matilda had collapsed in my arms clutching her stomach after Henry left, the stressing obviously to much for her to bare all which I wanted right now was for her and our baby to be ok, I don’t know if I could forgive Henry if they wasn’t I don’t know if Matilda would ever forgive him if something happened to our baby.

“Why won’t they tell us anything, I want to see her” I say running my fingers through my hair, as the tears threaten to fall from my eyes once more,

“They are just taking care of her Lucas we will be able to see her soon everything will be ok I’m sure” Jack says putting his hand on my shoulder,

“She can’t lose this baby she won’t be able to cope she’s already been through so much already” Robbie says as he paces the corridor.

“What happened is she ok?” I hear Beth cry as she rushes through the door to the hospital dad behind her,

“Henry found out he was yelling at Lucas saying that it wasn’t right Matilda over heard and he told her to have an abortion when he left Mattie collapsed she was holding her stomach Beth we don’t know what is wrong yet” Ric explains to her,

“Oh god poor Mattie this can’t be happening” Beth cries tears running down her face,

“It’ll be ok mum Mattie’s strong, Rachel’s in with her now” Robbie says I watch him embrace her as dad approaches me,

“Oh Luc come here, she’ll be ok everything will be fine, just let it all out” he says throwing his arms around me, I rest my head on his shoulder and cry for Matilda, for our baby hoping and praying that everything would be ok.

Twenty minutes later and we are still waiting for news on Matilda I just wanted to know what was going on, wanted to be by her side I love her more than anything.

“Surely we should have heard something by now” I hear Cassie cry,

“It’s going to be ok” I hear Ric tell her I only hope his words are true because I don’t know what I’d do if she wasn’t.

“What’s going on is everything ok?” I hear Henry’s voice ask I look up to see him walking towards us,

“How is she?! Is everything ok?! You put her here how can you even ask that you told her to get an abortion and now our baby could die because of you, how do you think Matilda will feel” I yell standing up from my seat and moving towards him,

“Luc mate calm down” I hear dad say as he stands up blocking me from moving any closer towards him,

“She’s my sister I care about her I didn’t want this to happen I’m sorry” he says,

“You’re sorry and you didn’t want this to happen if you didn’t want this to happen why did you say what you did” I cry,

“I don’t know I wasn’t thinking” he says as Rachel walks out,

“What’s going on is she ok?” I ask running towards her Beth right behind me,

“Please Rachel is she ok?” she cries.

Chapter 33

“Lucas, Beth I am so sorry but Matilda lost the baby, when Matilda got upset and stressed out it caused the baby to get distressed right now Matilda is sleeping off the drugs that we had to give her, it is important that you are there for her when she wakes up as she doesn’t know what has happened I would like you to come and get me as soon as she wakes so that I can keep an eye on her you may go in and sit with her” I listened to Rachel explain to us what had happened her words about Matilda losing the baby echoing over and over in my head, tears falling freely from my eyes, I quickly follow Rachel to Matilda’s room, wanting to be by her side straight away.

Walking into her room I see her sleeping she looks so peaceful angelic oblivious to the situation that has unfolded in the past hour, oblivious to the pain and hurt that she will share with me once she wakes up. Beth walks in and takes a seat opposite me round the other side of Matilda’s bed while dad walks round to my side his hand resting on my shoulder Robbie standing behind his mum I look up to see Henry stood in the doorway looking down at his sister, I don’t even want to look at him right now he caused this we lost our baby because of him it wasn’t supposed to happen like this. I look away from him and take Matilda’s hand in my own rubbing it softly wanting to comfort her in every way possible. I feel her hand squeeze my own ever so slightly I look up to see her eyes slowly fluttering open,

“Mattie” I whisper softly tears continuing to fall down my face,

“Lucas” she mumbles her eyes still shut before she looks up to face me her blue eyes looking directly into my own.

Matilda’s P.O.V

“Lucas” I mumble as I slowly open my eyes, I am instantly met with his own red and tearstained eyes, showing so much pain and heartbreak that I instantly know what has happened, “no no I can’t the baby our baby Luc” I cry tears flowing fastly from my eyes,

“Oh Mattie sweets its going to be ok we are going to get through this all of us” I hear mums soothing voice, I look around to the other side of my bed to see her staring down at me lovingly as a few tears stroll down her cheeks, Tony and Robbie both showing the same emotion, it is when I look over towards the door that I see him standing there he is the last person I wanted to see right now he got what he wanted didn’t he now he doesn’t have to worry about me getting an abortion because I am no longer pregnant,

“Get out!” I scream breaking down in tears as I look at him.

Chapter 34

Henry’s P.O.V

“Mattie please I’m sorry” I plead with her, looking deeply into my sisters eyes the pain in them hurting me immensely I hate to see her like this I only wanted what’s best for her I didn’t mean for this to happen,

“Get out Henry get out!” She cries as Lucas throws his arms around her as she sobs in his arms,

“Henry maybe its best if you leave for now” Mum tells me softly, bowing my head I turn walking out of the room slowly, outside I pass Cassie, Jack, Martha and Ric each one of them refusing to make eye contact with me and I don’t blame them for being like this not when my sister is in there broken because of me.

I walk a lonely road

The only one that I have ever known

Don't know where it goes

But its home to me and I walk alone

I walk this empty street

On the Blvd. of broken dreams

Where the city sleeps

And I'm the only one and I walk alone

I wish that I could take everything back if only I hadn’t let my mouth get the best of me once again, no wonder I was always feeling so pushed out from everything I really wouldn’t wish this on her, I didn’t mean for any of it to happy I was speaking in the moment I mean heck I just found out that my sixteen year old twin sister is pregnant how am I supposed to react I just want what’s best for her like any brother would want, that was my first thoughts but after leaving the house I regretted my actions straight away after thinking about it I thought if mum accepted it then so should I besides I knew that Lucas loved her to bits and that he wasn’t just using her it was clear for anyone to see. It was when I returned home to apologise to her and Lucas that I found the note saying that she was at the hospital panic shot through me with worry about what had happened to my sister knowing that it was me who caused it.

I walk alone

I walk alone

I walk alone

I walk a...

My shadows the only one that walks beside me

My shallow hearts the only thing that's beating

Sometimes I wish someone out there would find me

Till then I'll walk alone

So now I find myself walking alone down the beach, kicking the sand as I walk through the storm the rain crashing down around me, the waves crashing as the thunder echoes overhead but I continue to walk not wanting to run for cover after all what would I be running from getting cold and wet is nothing compared to the storm that I have caused my sister and Lucas right now and well I know that it will take a lot for Matilda to forgive me and I only hope that she will be able to get through this she’s been through so much already she doesn’t deserve this.

Ah-Ah Ah-Ah Ah-Ah Ah-Ah

Ah-Ah Ah-Ah Ah-Ah Ah-Ah

I'm walking down the line

That divides me somewhere in my mind

On the border line of the edge

And where I walk alone

Read between the lines of what's

****ed up and everything’s all right

Check my vital signs to know I'm still alive

And I walk alone

Maybe its best if I was to just go back, back to boarding school away from here after all I wouldn’t be wanted here no one will want me to stick around after what I’ve caused, even mum told me to leave. Picking up my pace I run up the beach heading back towards the house hoping to get home before anyone arrives home hoping to get out of the bay before anyone came back.

I walk alone

I walk alone

I walk alone

I walk a...

Till then I'll walk alone

Ah-Ah Ah-Ah Ah-Ah Ahhh

Ah-Ah Ah-Ah Ah-Ah Ahhh

Picking up the pen I sit down on her bed looking around the room at the photos of us when we was younger, knowing that it was unlikely that me and Matilda would ever be that happy again taking the pen to the page I start to write hoping that a letter to her would at least explain to her that I didn’t want this to happen that I wouldn’t wish that on her ever, how sorry I was for hurting her and my hopes that she would get through this. Tilly, I know that you hate me right now and I can’t possibly blame you for that I just want you to know that I didn’t mean what I said I was talking before I had thought about the situation I only wanted what I thought was best for you Tilly as soon as I’d left the house I realized that I had made a huge mistake I hated seeing you in so much pain and knowing that I caused your pain hurts me so much inside because believe me that is the last thing I ever wanted to do. I’m sorry for the hurt I’ve caused you and I only hope that you will be able to get through this and I know with Lucas by your side that you can he loves you so much and I know he would never just want to use you.

I hope that one day you can forgive me but I wouldn’t blame you if you didn’t.

Love Henry x x x

As I signed my name a single tear falls down my face and onto the paper staining the ink slightly, I take the letter and place it on her pillow before taking my bag and walking out of her room, out of the house and out of the bay.

I walk this empty street

On the Blvd. of broken dreams

Where the city sleeps

And I'm the only one and I walk a..

Till then I'll walk alone!

Chapter 35

“You ready to go home love” Tony asks me softly as he walks into my hospital room, I simply nod my head yes as Lucas helps me down from the bed, he takes my hand in his own and I hold onto it tightly not saying a word,

“You ok sweets?” mum asks me as we walk out the room,

“let me know if you’re in pain” Lucas adds as we walk out of the hospital I am in pain yes but only a slight bit of that pain is physical pain the rest is totally emotional I feel like I’ve been stabbed a thousand times in the heart this baby was a part of me and Lucas yeah we may be young and it may not have been planned but we had grown to love the life that had been growing inside of me, and now it was gone our baby had been taken away from us.

“Would you like anything to eat sweets?” mum asks me as we enter the house; I don’t answer but just shake my head inside,

“Come on sweets you have to eat something” she pleads with me,

“I’m not hungry I just want to go and lye down” I say blankly not looking up from the floor,

“I’ll come with you” Lucas says softly putting his hand on my back,

“I just want to be alone please” I say softly tears stinging my eyes I walk out of the room heading down the hallway to my room.

On entering my room I throw myself down on the bed burying my head in the pillow I feel the coldness and smoothness of paper touching my skin and then feel my cheek start to sting putting my hand to my face I see blood looking down at my pillow I see it an envelope addressed to Tilly and I know instantly it is from him, I don’t even want to say his name it hurts to much. Sighing I put the letter on the side of my bed and reach down for my photo album opening it I turn the pages looking at all the photos that had been taken through the years all the memories coming back to me instantly, photos of all the family with dad before he died, photos of me, Henry, Kit, Scott and Robbie, photos of me and Lucas, photos taken from the wedding before it all went so horribly wrong tears roll down my face dripping onto the page I set the book down picking up my letter and grabbing my jumper I know I can’t stay here right now I need to get out of here away from the memories out on my own not caring about the storm I open my window and climb out trying to stay as quiet as possible not wanting anyone to realize I’m gone just wanting to be alone.

Arriving at the rock pool soaking wet from the rain my face tear stained, I shiver as I fall down against the rocks clutching my knees to my chest burying my face in my hand as I clutch the letter to me still not wanting to open it not wanting to see what’s written inside I know I should but I can’t do it not yet its to soon right now my mind is already occupied with thoughts of my baby, thoughts of the explosion, thoughts of my dad, thoughts of Kit, thoughts of granddad, of my brother and what has happened how was I supposed to get through it all anymore everything bad always seems to happen to me our family has been through so much I just wish that for once bad things would happen to someone else’s family rather than my own was that to much to ask.

Chapter 36

Lucas P.O.V

“You holding up ok son?” dad asks me as he sits down beside me on the settee while Beth makes dinner in the kitchen,

“As well as could be expected I mean yeah we are young and we didn’t plan on having a baby now dad but we had already started to love it neither of us wanted this to happen dad, and I’m worried as hell about Mattie I mean how is she going to get through this after everything that has happened to her dad” I say wiping the tear from my eye,

“I know son but you just got to be there for each other and don’t be afraid to show your emotions you are both strong kids and you can get through this I promise you and me and Beth are going to help you through this every step off the way I promise you that” he says as he wraps his arm around me,

“Thanks dad” I say sighing softly.

Matildas P.O.V

As the rain continued to pour I decided it was best if I did open the letter Henry obviously wanted to explain what he was feeling to me and at the end of the day he was my twin brother his words may have hurt me but I didn’t want anything to happen to him I didn’t want to lose him like I had lost Kit I mean if anything was to happen to him right now and we wasn’t speaking I wouldn’t know what to do. Opening the envelope I take the letter from it and slowly start to read it.

Tilly, I know that you hate me right now and I can’t possibly blame you for that I just want you to know that I didn’t mean what I said I was talking before I had thought about the situation I only wanted what I thought was best for you Tilly as soon as I’d left the house I realized that I had made a huge mistake I hated seeing you in so much pain and knowing that I caused your pain hurts me so much inside because believe me that is the last thing I ever wanted to do. I’m sorry for the hurt I’ve caused you and I only hope that you will be able to get through this and I know with Lucas by your side that you can he loves you so much and I know he would never just want to use you.

I hope that one day you can forgive me but I wouldn’t blame you if you didn’t.

Love Henry x x x

My tears fall against the letter mixing with the rain drops the ink running making a swirling mess on the paper, I knew that he was truly sorry for what he had said and that he didn’t mean for any harm to come of me but how could I forget about what he had said I could forgive him sure but forgetting about what had been said would be a lot harder I doubt I’d ever be able to forget, right now I just know I need to find him I don’t want him to leave.

“Mattie” I hear the soft voice whisper, I recognize it as Martha and turn around to face her.

Lucas P.O.V

“Mattie” I say softly as I walk into her room “Mattie” I say when I see that she is not there I see her open window and instantly know that she is not in the house she has gone out despite the weather being like it is, the storm was getting stronger she was out there alone heartbroken she could of done anything, my heart raced at the thought of anything bad having happened to her. I race down the stairs, “Dad, Beth Mattie’s gone” I cry as I run into the kitchen,

“What do you mean she’s gone” Beth says panic evident in her voice

“She’s not in her room and her windows open she’s gone” I cry tears streaming down my face as I reach for my coat and run out the door wanting to find her as soon as possible.

Martha’s P.O.V

“Mattie” I say softly as I see her knelt on the rocks sobbing uncontrollably as the storm got stronger around her “Mattie please come on its ok you need to get home you’ll make yourself sick the storm is getting worse” I plead with her softly knowing what she is going through right now wanting to be as gentle as possible wanting to help her as much as I could,

“Martha I lost the baby” She sobs,

“I know Mattie I know its hard but you can get through this we are all here for you just please come home you’ll get ill” I plead pulling her onto her feet and wrapping my arms around her.

“Ok” she replies softly I take her hand in my own and help her down the rocks just wanting to get her out of the storm and dry.

“Mattie” I hear Lucas scream and see him running towards us Tony, Beth and Jack not far behind him, she lets go off my hand running to him he throws his arms around her hugging her tightly they didn’t deserve this they had never done anything wrong to everyone yet they had been through so much pain in their lives already.

Chapter 37

“Mum Henry’s gone we got to find him” I cry as I hold onto Lucas tightly as I shiver from the cold,

“Mattie what do you mean he’s gone?” she asks me her eyes full of concern,

“He wrote me a letter apologizing for everything mum and he told me he’s gone please we got to find him” I plead

“Well come on lets all get in the car and we can see if we can find him” Tony says taking his keys out of his pockets, before he turns around and starts heading back to the car me, Lucas, Jack, Martha and mum all following him. I just hope that we found Henry soon the storm was bad anything could have happened to him.

“Thanks for finding her Martha” Lucas says softly as we make our way down the road I continue to look out the window not saying a word concentrating hard on finding my twin,

“Its ok Luc just look after her she’s fragile right now” I hear Martha tell Lucas.

“Tony stop” I scream a few minutes later as I see Henrys figure at the bus stop, as the car screeches to a stop I push the door open jumping out, “Henry” I scream running towards him,

“Tilly I’m so sorry” he cries I throw my arm around him holding onto him tightly

“We can sort everything out Henry but I don’t want to lose you we can work everything out Henry just come home please” I plead with him tears falling from both our eyes as the rain slowly starts to stop, he takes my hand as we head back to the car.

“Maybe you two should go and talk” mum says to me and Henry as we all enter the house,

“Yeah I think that is a good idea” I say softly “I’ll be back down in a bit” I tell Lucas kissing his cheek softly,

“Ok I think I may go back to Jack and Martha’s with them for a bit” he tells me standing up,

“Ok see you later” I say as I follow Henry into the hallway towards my bedroom.

“Tilly I really am sorry I didn’t mean what I said I wasn’t thinking before I spoke I didn’t want this to happen I didn’t mean for it to happen I just care about you so much Tilly it was a shock to me but I shouldn’t have reacted that way I’m just so sorry” he says tears slowly falling down his face as he looks at me I can see the hurt in his eyes I can tell that he means every word,

“Henry I can forgive you I know you’re sorry I can see it in your eyes you’re my twin I’m not going to hate you after everything that’s gone on this year I don’t want to lose you as well I need you but you don’t know how much pain and hurt I am going through right now I may be able to forgive you but ill never be able to forget about what happened its going to take time for us to get back to the way we was and I really think you need to apologize to Lucas as well for what you said I mean he isn’t like that he wouldn’t hurt me or use me he loves me Henry and I love him” I say tears starting to fall down my own cheeks once more as I look at my brother,

“I will do Matilda I know that he wouldn’t do that to you I can tell how much he loves you, what I said was just words spoken in anger” he tells me,

“Just remember Henry words are hurtful just because it’s nothing physical doesn’t mean they don’t affect someone” I say softly closing my eyes.

Thanks you two, next chapter up shortly I'm really glad that everyones enjoying it so much.

It's a bit short but I wanted to get a chapter up before lunch. More will be up later.

Chapter 38

Lucas P.O.V

“I just don’t understand how she can forgive him so easily” I say to Jack and Martha as we sit round their dinning table,

“Well Lucas I mean he is her twin and he probably is truly sorry about what he did I’m sure he didn’t mean for anything bad to happen besides Mattie has lost so many people in her life she doesn’t want to lose her twin as well” Martha tells me,

“Maybe” I say softly,

“Look bro I can understand why your frustrated but I’m sure Henry was just being a protective brother from what I saw I could tell he was sorry and at the end of the day its what Matilda wants that matters he’s her brother” Jack tells me

“Yeah” I say sighing as I lean back into the chair “anyways I should head home” I say standing up

“You’ll get through this Luc and you know if you need to talk I’m here” Jack says pulling me into a hug as I’m about to leave,

“Thanks Jack” I say hugging him back before walking out the door.

I walk into my bedroom sitting down on the bed before I hear the knock on my door before it opens revealing Henry here we go.

“Lucas please listen to me I know that you hate me so much right now for what has happened but I just wanted to say I’m sorry” he starts,

“Yeah you’re right I’m angry with you do you really think I’d hurt your sister like that she means more to me than anyone I love her so much I didn’t just sleep with her for the fun of it” I say,

“I know that I know you wouldn’t hurt her I was reacting in the heat of the moment I didn’t mean it just please I want us to work this out for Matilda’s sake if anything she really doesn’t need us to arguing” he tells me and he’s right Matilda didn’t need this and that is one thing that we would both agree on that Matilda would get what she wanted right now because she needed us both,

“You’re right Henry Matilda doesn’t need this, we should try and work on things for her sake right” I say standing up looking at him eye to eye,

“right and Lucas I really am sorry” he says holding out his hand for me to shake, I look at him once more before shaking it softly,

“Where can I find your sister then?” I ask him just wanting to be with Matilda more than anything right now,

“In her room” Henry says as we walk out of my room and back into the main house.

Ok this is the final chapter I decided that it was the right place and time to end things, but there will be a sequel up soon maybe even today. Hope you have liked it and thanks for the constant feedback I've received.

Chapter 39

“Lucas” I whisper softly as we lay in his bed that night his arm draped over me as he holds me close to him,

“Yeah” he says softly as he strokes my arm subconsciously,

“Thank you for accepting Henry’s apology it means a lot to me” I tell him as I turn over so that I am facing him briefly able to see the outline of his face through the darkness,

“That’s ok Mattie, ill do anything for you and I could see that he was sorry about what had happened it’ll be hard but I think we can slowly make things work and become close even” he says as he cups my face in his hands,

“Yeah, we can get through this can’t we Luc?” I ask him

“Yeah we can get through this together Matilda it may be hard but we can cope we can go to counselling together, support groups what ever needs to be done to get us through this at the end of the day I think we have the best family and friends in the world around to support us and help us through this” he whispers before kissing my forehead softly,

“Your right we do have the best family and friends in the world” I say snuggling closer to him resting my head in the crook of his bare neck as he wraps his arms around me holding me tightly as if he didn’t want to let me go.

“Right Mattie what do you want to do tonight then do you want to watch a movie or something?” mum asks me as me and Lucas sit down at the dinner table the next evening,

“Actually mum I’d really like that it would be good to spend some time as a family” I reply,

“Well we have to watch the footie first right Luc” Tony says,

“Yeah that’s right!” Lucas says laughing softly,

“Well that’s ok me and mum can keep ourselves busy why you do that, besides we do have your wedding to plan” I say smiling as I look from my mum to Tony, I knew that everything would work out fine in the end.

comments

Archived