Being Loved Is Everything

Guest PINK

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Martha had been lying in Jacks arms for about an hour when she finally managed to pull away.

She looked up at Jack “thankyou” She said softly “that’s ok but Martha we really need to report him” Martha nodded “I know” “And It would be better to do it sooner rather than later so we can catch that mongrel” “ok” lets go Martha said standing up followed by Jack. They were nearly at the door when Martha stoped “ow” “What is it is it the baby” Jack asked concerned. “Yes it’s kicking feel and without thinking grabbed Jack’s hand and placed it on her bare stomach. “Oh my God” Jack said and they looked into each others eyes and lent in for a kiss the kiss grew more passionate until they had to pull away cause they were breathless they both looked at each others “um” Martha said not sure what had just happened “what does this mean” she asked softly “I don’t know do you want to give it another go” Jack asked “yeah I’d love that” Martha said before leaning in for another kiss.

Martha and Jack walked up to the door of the police station when they got inside Jack squeezed Martha’s hand and whispered to her “are you sure” he asked. Martha took in a deep breath and nodded “yep” she answered softly and they walked up to the desk of the police station.

“Jack Lara sad “Aren’t you off today oh hi Martha long time no see what are you doing back I thought you and Corey moved to Holbrook” “that’s what this is about” Jack said “what” Lara asked confused Jack looked at Martha and she move the hair away from her face. “Oh my God Martha what happened” “Corey” Martha said as she also pulled the t-shirt off her shoulder to show the bruises there. “Corey did this to you” Lara asked “yes” Martha nodded and broke down in tears and Jack comforted her. “I’ll get the interview room ready” Lara said and went off to get organised to question Martha.

Martha sat in the cold Interview room with jack sitting next to her his hand clasped tight around hers.

“Martha I know this must be hard for you but I need you to tell me exactly what happened from the start.

Martha took in a deep breath and prepared to tell the horrible story that would leave her scared for life.

“Well it all started one night when Corey got home from work it was about a week after we got there he was angry for some reason I don’t know why but he was also drunk. “I tried to calm him down but he just got angrier he just threw himself at me he threw me against the bench and well” Martha moved the hair from her neck and revealed a line of stiches running across her neck. “He did that to you” McGrath asked. Martha nodded. “But that’s not all” Martha said “he through me against the bench and than he came over to me and he, he rapped me. After that night I didn’t speak to him for about three days he was trying to apologies but I wouldn’t have it I wanted to leave but I don’t know anyway one night about a week after he assaulted me the first time he came home and I was asleep well at least I was he came over to me and said he was sorry I said I didn’t care and I got out of bed and tried to leave the room but he grabbed me and pushed me onto the bed and well yeah I think you can guess what happened then. Anyway after that I knew I couldn’t let it go on the next day I tried to leave but he got home and he went crazy he slammed hit me across the face and threw me against the wall. A few days after that I started to get sick so I went to the doctors this was about two weeks ago anyway I found out I was pregnant and when I found that out I knew that I had to put an end to it so I went home he wasn’t supposed to be there I walked in and he had a romantic diner made up I told him he made me sack and went to leave but this just made him angry and he came up behind me and grabbed me and slammed me against the wall that’s how I got this bruise” She said gesturing to the bruise on her shoulder. “That must have been some bruise to last this long” Martha nodded “It hurt like hell anyway he did it again It made me sick how he could do this to me and think that everything was going to be ok the next day.

I didn’t talk to him for ages he was always on the day shifts so I made sure I was id bed by the time he was home but yesterday I wasn’t in bed by the time he got home. He came in and said that he was sorry for what he had done to me and he wanted to make it up to me I told him he made me sick how he could do those thing to me he went off he said that he was trying to be nice and make a go of things and he said he was sick of being the only one that gave a damn about the relationship he said you shouldn’t treat the person your suppose to love like this he said that couples need to work things through together. And I did the most stupid thing I could I told him I didn’t love him and that I was leaving him. He went off he grabbed me so hard and threw me against the wall and knocked me out that’s how I got the bruises on m y face it’s where I hit my face on the wall. When I woke up this morning I had pains in my stomach I was so scared I knew I had to get away. I went to the doctor and the pains were nothing serious but I was walking home and I knew today Corey was working to really late so it would give me time to pack and get out without him catching me I wrote a note, packed my things and left and then I came here.

Martha said streams of tears rolling down her face.

“Hey It’s ok” Jack said pulling her into a tight hug trying to comfort her.

Jack turned to McGrath “what’s going to happen now” well I can tell you one thing he’s not going to get away lightly he just didn’t hit her he rapped her and that just isn’t tolerated I’ll get onto the police in the City they should track him down I’d say he’ll definitely get a few years in jail and he’ll never be a cop after this as far as I’m concerned he can kiss his courier good-bye” McGrath said as he got up to make some phone calls.

Martha looked up at Jack after McGrath had left the room. “I was so scared Jack for me and the baby when I woke up this morning I didn’t know what to think if I lost the baby I know it sounds weird but I can feel it growing inside of me and I just love it so much” “I know but nothings going to hurt you now I’m here and nothings going to hurt you” Martha looked up at Jack “when I was there when he was doing those things to me all I wanted was for you to be there I don’t know your just the only one that makes me feel safe” “and I’ll always be here Martha always”

“Jack” McGrath said as he came into the interview room. Jack spun around “yeah” he said “can I speak to you in private” Jack knew something serious was going on so he got up and went out of the interview room waiting to hear something he was sure he didn’t want to.

Here's the next part please R&R

“Boss what’s going on Jack said as he walked out into the hallway.

McGrath turned around “I rang the police station in the city” “right” Jack said not really knowing where this was going.

“Well when I got on the phone it was one of my old mates from academy and he said oh hi Darren yes Corey his one of our fines workers, then I said there’s been an incident with a girl named Martha McKenzie and he of course said who’s Martha McKenzie and Corey was in the station next to Paul and when he heard Martha’s name he left and by the time I told Paul the story Corey was gone cause I didn’t know Corey was there and Paul was being a big mouth like he usually is means Corey’s on the loose and most likely on his way here”. Jack was as whites as a ghost by now.

“Jack, Jack, Jack” McGrath said waving his hand in front of jacks face.

“His going to come after Martha you know” Jack said.

“I know so I think it would be best If Martha gets away for a while maybe you could take her, maybe to the Gold Coast until we get our hands on him”

Jack nodded he knew he had to do what ever it took to keep Martha and the baby safe.

“Ok” jack said “I’ll tell her” he said before turning around and walking into the room where Martha was.

“What” Martha exclaimed after hearing the story “he’s going to come after me” “I know that’s why we are going to be moving to the Gold Coast until he can be found. “What” Martha said. “it’s the only way to keep you and the baby safe Martha” Jack said. “Ok” she said “when do we have to go” Martha asked.

“As soon as possible you need to go home get your things I’ll drop you off then stay there until I get there I’ll go get my things I’ll pick you up then we’ll make our way to the airport the stations going to arrange the accommodation and fund us as it was there fault that your In danger and I will get posted to a police station down there ok” jack said as he touched her hand “every things going to be alright ok” jack said touching her face she nodded and smiled “ok” she said.

Martha and Jack arrived at Brisbane airport and went to pick up there bags.

Martha picked up her bag and suitcase and pulled the handle up and looked around “well here we are” she said.

“Yep It will sure be different to Summer bay” Jack said jokingly.

“I know” Martha said turning round to face him “even though I haven’t been there for a month I regret it so much jack” Martha said turning to face Jack.

He shook his head “forget about it know you’re here and your with me, your safe”

Martha smiled “thankyou” she said.

“That’ ok” Jack said with his trademark Jack Holden smile plastered across his face “anyway we better get out of here” jack said looking around the airport.

Martha smiled “yeah lets get out of here” she said and they both headed to the doors of the airport.

Martha and Jack pulled up outside a block of apartments they were very fancy and looked farley new.

“So this is our new home for a while” Jack said gesturing to the apartment building.

Martha looked at it and sighed “how long do you think it will take them to find him” Martha said.

Jack sighed “I don’t know but in the mean time you need to stop stressing it’s not good for you or the baby” Jack said.

Martha smiled “why are you so nice to me I’ve been so mean to you and all you want to do is protect me” Martha said.

Jack looked at her “I guess it’s just what you do when you love somebody” Jack said.

Martha looked at him “you love me” she said.

Jack looked at her and said “I love you” he said again.

Martha smiled “I love you too” Martha said and lent in for a kiss. But Jack pulled away “come on lets get settled in” Jack said.

Martha nodded “lets go she said and they picked up there bags and headed into there new home.

Martha and Jack walked through the door of the apartment.

“It’s lovely” Martha said as she looked around the apartment.

“Yeah it’s really nice” Jack replied.

Martha sighed “I’m going to hit the hay”

“ok” Jack replied as Martha walked away but turned around “there’s only one bedroom” she stated.

Jack looked at her “I can just sleep on the couch” he said.

Martha looked at him “don’t be an idiot I’m sure we can manage to sleep in the same bed we haven’t had a problem before” she said putting her hand on her stomach.

“Are you sure I mean after what you’ve been through with Corey you might feel a bit uncomfortable sleeping in the same bed as me”

Martha sighed. “Look Jack what Corey has done to me is horrible but that hasn’t made me lose trust in you I love you and I know that you’ll do the right thing by me I trust you”

“If your sure” Jack said.

Martha smiled “I’m sure” she said before walking off in the direction of the bedroom.

Please comment.

Archived