Tutorials and Icon help

Guest Nim

Kristen Bell Tutorial

Today we will be going from: kristen1tut.jpg to kristentutav.png

1. Choose your base, crop 100x100.

2. Sharpen your picture. Filter>Sharpen>Sharpen.

3. Smoothen out the SKIN ONLY by using either the blur or smudge tool.

4. Sharpen her lips, eyes and hair using the sharpen tool to give the picture a tangy look. Don't over do it or else it'll look too sharpened and will lose it's effect.

5. Duplicate the layer and set to screen, opacity 60%.

6. Duplicate the base again and set to soft ligh, opacity 80%.

7. Duplicate the base once again and Guassian Blur it. Filter>Blur>Guassian Blur. Set it to Hard Light, opacity 40%.

8. Click on the layer at the very top of your layers pallete and add a new layer. Now, grab a round brush, choose a colour (the one that you wish it to change colour to, I chose blue), and gently go over the coloured part of the eye, it might be better to zoom in. Now set it to any blend mode of your choice (I did Screen at 90% opacity).

9. Add a new layer. Again grab a round brush, choose a colour (I chose red) and gently go over the lips. Again it might be better to zoom in. Now set the blend mode to any of your choice (I did Overlay).

10. Now, change the colour of anything else you want to, in the same process. Just beware, don't over-do it.

11. Once done, add a new layer. Fill with a dark navy blue (I used #0C062D). Set to exclusion, opacity 50%.

12. Add a new layer. Fill with a light blue (I used #D6E6FA). Set to colour burn, opacity 50%.

13. Add a new layer. Fill with a nice light skin colour (I used #ECDBC6). Set to multiply, opacity 25%.

14. Add a new layer add any gradient. Set to lighten, opacity 85%.

15. Add any finishing touches you wish. I added a couple of textures, a brush and text. And your done!

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How to make this icon: kristenbellcopy.png

1. Crop your image.

2. Duplicate your base and set to soft light, 100%

3. Layer>>New fill layer>>solid colour. Fill with #223082, set to Exclusion at 70%

4. Another new fill layer. Set to soft light 50% and fill with #D09898

5. Duplicate your base and set to soft light 100%

6. Now zoom in a bit, pick a soft round brush, and go over the lips. I chose #F22020

7. Duplicate your base again and set to overlay 100%

8. You get: kristenbellcopy.png

Archived