Adelaide: Tim's home away from home

Guest Andy

Adelaide: Tim's home away from home

The Advertiser

29 May 2006

IS ADELAIDE home or away?

That's the question Tim Campbell asks every time he comes over here.

The actor from the Summer Bay-set show has been here three times in the past six months and is contemplating a move to the Festival state - one day.

His sister Johanna lives in Adelaide and he reckons he could quite happily settle here.

"I love it," he says. "The people are really lovely and it's so relaxed. I'm a bit of a nanna at heart so I think it'd be wonderful here, and I mean that in the nicest possible way," he laughs.

"It's OK, we're quite happy being a bit nanna too."

Whenever he hits Adelaide he grabs the Real Estate section of the Tiser.

"Honestly I do," he says, "I have a mortgage in Sydney so I look at the prices and say `oh my goodness, what I'm paying off in Sydney I could have a beautiful place over here'.

"Maybe McLaren Vale or the Adelaide Hills and I could commute in, I've got it all figured out."

Tim joined fellow Home and Away castmates Paul O'Brien, Amy Matthews and Jon Sivewrightat the Novita Childrens Services' Convoy for Kids yesterday.

Paul took out the Most Popular New Male Talent award at this month's TV Week Logie Awards - the seaside soap netting four awards - so you can imagine the network's after-party.

"It was a big night," Paul laughs, "I won't lie to you."

While his speech - composed while he was sitting on the floor of his shower - came across pretty much as he'd hoped, he did forget to thank his agent: "That was a little upsetting for her".

That would be so cool for Tim to move to Adelaide as there are many places for him to explore e.g. Clare Valley, Flinders Ranges and of course the Adelaide Hills.

Thanks,

Jarad

Archived