Kate Ritchie: I'm no Kylie

Guest Andy

I'm no Kylie

Herald-Sun

22 May 2006

SOON-to-be singing starlet Kate Ritchie has ruled out a foray into the music industry as she prepares for It Takes Two.

"Don't get me wrong, I'm never going to bring out an album," Ritchie told The Eye yesterday.

"I'm no Kylie Minogue."

As one of the 10 celebrities paired with professional singers in Seven's new reality show, Ritchie will, from this Sunday night, be singing her little heart out in front of a million-plus audience.

Unlike fellow contestant Erika Heynatz, Ritchie has taken heed of the unsuccessful musical careers of her Home and Away co-stars Bec Hewitt and Tammin Sursok and is realistic about her options.

She says she is far more interested in musical theatre.

Heynatz on the other hand has thrown away a successful job on Foxtel's Australia's Next Top Model in the hope she will have a singing career.

Ritchie, who is not yet able to reveal her on-screen singing partner, has been busy with vocal training over the past few weeks.

Life will be incredibly hectic for the Sydney-sider as she commutes for the Melbourne-based series.

"I'm beginning to ask myself why I agreed to do it," Ritchie said. "As it draws nearer, I'm beginning to freak out about it.

"At first, I instantly thought there's no way I'm going to do that, but then I thought that I am a little conservative in my thinking sometimes.

"It's really important exercise for me to get out of my comfort zone a little bit."

Apart from the fear of hitting a wrong note, Ritchie also admitted to some nerves about live television.

"I'm hoping the audience will be forgiving," she said.

There should be no need, as word has it Ritchie is a beautiful singer.

Archived