Home and Away gig for Natasha Lee

Guest Andy

By Jonathon Moran

AAP Bulletins

4 May 2006

© 2006 Australian Associated Press Pty Ltd. All Rights Reserved

SYDNEY

It's three years since Natasha Lee appeared on quirky drama Always Greener but she returns to TV with a spot on Home and Away.

It has been three years since Natasha Lee last appeared in front of the camera, playing a gawky teenager on quirky drama Always Greener.

Like many actors, she's found it hard to get the right role and is thrilled to have scored a recurring guest spot on popular Seven Network soap Home and Away.

"I have got a lot of emotional scenes coming up and I am prepared to work for that," said Lee, who will make her Home and Away debut on May 8.

"That is what actors really live for, being able to find new levels emotionally."

The 19-year-old sounds mature for her years, something she attributes to having spent her early teen years working on Always Greener, leaving school at 14 and studying with tutors on set.

"I think I had different goals and ambitions than my classmates," she said.

"It was more pleasing for me to sit at home and write something. I would more than likely be at home reading on a Saturday night than going out.

"Your life experiences change who you are."

Always Greener, axed in 2003 after two seasons, revolved around two families who lived in each other's homes in the city and country.

Lee played the youngest of the Taylor clan, Kimberley, who was gawky, red haired, freckled and studious.

The actor had to die her hair, which is naturally blonde, and wear fake braces on her teeth for the role.

After Always Greener, Lee focused on school - still from home - and completed her HSC.

She's done a year of law at Sydney University and this year transferred to Sydney's Notre Dame University to study political science.

But the acting roles on offer were jobs she says she "just didn't want to do."

"It is an awkward age - you are not quite old enough or not quite young enough," she explained.

But she jumped at the chance of joining Home and Away.

Despite normal first-day nerves, Lee has enjoyed the transition and found it easier because she knew many of the cast and crew from her Always Greener days at Seven.

She loves her new character, troubled 17-year-old Lee Morton.

"I really love this character," she said.

"She is very different to Kimberley. She's lost and vulnerable."

The Home and Away gig is for three months.

* Home and Away airs weeknights at 7pm (AEST) on Seven.

Date: 04/05/06

By Jonathon Moran

It has been three years since Natasha Lee last appeared in front of the camera, playing a gawky teenager on quirky drama Always Greener.

Like many actors, she's found it hard to get the right role and is thrilled to have scored a recurring guest spot on popular Seven Network soap Home and Away.

"I have got a lot of emotional scenes coming up and I am prepared to work for that," said Lee, who will make her Home and Away debut on May 8.

"That is what actors really live for, being able to find new levels emotionally."

The 19-year-old sounds mature for her years, something she attributes to having spent her early teen years working on Always Greener, leaving school at 14 and studying with tutors on set.

"I think I had different goals and ambitions than my classmates," she said.

"It was more pleasing for me to sit at home and write something. I would more than likely be at home reading on a Saturday night than going out.

"Your life experiences change who you are."

Always Greener, axed in 2003 after two seasons, revolved around two families who lived in each other's homes in the city and country.

Lee played the youngest of the Taylor clan, Kimberley, who was gawky, red haired, freckled and studious.

The actor had to die her hair, which is naturally blonde, and wear fake braces on her teeth for the role.

After Always Greener, Lee focused on school - still from home - and completed her HSC.

She's done a year of law at Sydney University and this year transferred to Sydney's Notre Dame University to study political science.

But the acting roles on offer were jobs she says she "just didn't want to do."

"It is an awkward age - you are not quite old enough or not quite young enough," she explained.

But she jumped at the chance of joining Home and Away.

Despite normal first-day nerves, Lee has enjoyed the transition and found it easier because she knew many of the cast and crew from her Always Greener days at Seven.

She loves her new character, troubled 17-year-old Lee Morton.

"I really love this character," she said.

"She is very different to Kimberley. She's lost and vulnerable."

The Home and Away gig is for three months.

* Home and Away airs weeknights at 7pm (AEST) on Seven.

Copyright © 2006 AAP, Seven Network (Operations) Ltd

actornatashaleesyd9744hv.jpg

actornatashaleesyd9759zt.jpg

actornatashaleesyd9736ra.jpg

© Jess @ HAAC

Archived