Summer Bay House and Caravan Park

Guest joey-lee

I personally miss it a lot – and like to think it would be used just as much if it was still around, if not more so now Sally lives back there – the Caravan Park always had this very typical Australian feel what with the native trees overhanging the caravans…the whole location was surrounded by bushland…

How unfortunate this picturesque location was destroyed a few years ago. (See: http://www.homeandawaycentral.com/gallery/...album=42&pos=4) If it wasn’t destroyed and the owners decided to allow the crew to continue working there, do you think it would have been used just as much as it was in the past? Do you think it would add dramatically to the outdoor visual perception of Summer Bay? If you think about it, we don’t really have any locations that are quite prominently used other than the Beach (as regards to continuity) – the Diner location hasn’t been used for months and months, in fact when was the last time we saw the outside of the Diner?

I'm sure I've seen Amanda sitting outside the diner recently.

I didn't realise the site of the caravan park had been destroyed, we saw a lot of it during the stalker storyline when Zoe was supposedly killed, then when Sally was caught by Zoe.

Was this a different location to the original caravan park?

The footage that we saw during the stalker and the Macklin development was a field that they rented for a week to provide them with space to put a few caravans.

The old one didn't have grass, most of the vans were permanent. I'll try and find a photo of what the caravan park used to look like.

How could it be old footage? They were showing Sally and Zoe running around the caravan park :P

It was a new location. The caravan park they use now is grassy and with mobile caravans. The old caravan park was in dry bush with dusty ground and fixed caravans.

I do miss the old caravan park and SB House set-up. It was great having the transition of scenes starting in Pippa's kitchen, then continuing as the characters walked outside, through the lawn and up into the caravan park. We never get that anymore, for obvious reasons that there is no longer a house. But it's a shame.

I think if the location was still there, that it would probably still be used to the extent it used to be. They kind of ignore the fact that there's a caravan park there now unless they have to acknowledge it or unless it fits with a storyline, which is a shame. The other day (in Aus episodes) when a woman turned up a the door asking for a caravan saying she spoke to flynn, and Sally started crying, has to be the first time in years someone like that has turned up. That used to happen all the time.

How could it be old footage? They were showing Sally and Zoe running around the caravan park :P

I meant the footage they've been using to show the outside. Sorry, maybe I didn't read the post properly, and I haven't seen the stalker storyline, except for the odd episode.

I think not.

What I don't understand is that when Sally and Flynn bought the house at the end of 2004, they didn't buy the caravan park did they? They said they wouldn't have time what with their jobs and looking after a family. But Sally agreed to look after it until whoever owned it (tasha?) found a manager.

But here we are a year and 3 months or so later and she is still running the house and the vans.

Edit: I've just remembered Pippa bought it for them

Archived