Early Days

Guest Amanda

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Jack woke up early that morning read for his flight at 12:00 he walked into the kitchen and had breakfast. “Do you want me and Luc to take you to the airport that way your car can stay here” asked Tony “Yeah that would be great thanks” replied Jack.

Once Jack had finished breakfast he walked into the surf club too see Robbie and Tasha sat down he walked over to them

“Hey you two” he smiled

“Hey Jack!” Robbie said “Is it true your going for a holiday today” asked Tasha “Yeah Melbourne- 2 weeks” “Oh ok” smiled Tasha.

“Well I better be going ill ring when I land in Melbourne well that’s if I do” laughed jack nervously, he walked out.

At the airport jack was pacing nervously. “What you’re scared of heights are you?” joked Tony. When jack heard the name heights it reminded him off the cliff where Martha and him had shared there first kiss “Jack are you ok?” “Yeah dad Im fine”.

“Would flight 802 traveling to Melbourne please board now” “Well that’s me” jack smiled got up hugged Tony and Lucas and walked off “Be careful and ring us when you get there” Tony smiled “No jack for 2 weeks” Lucas smiled Tony just looked at him and laughed.

Martha had just woken up she turned over to see her clock wow I slept in. She quickly got out of bed, got a shower and had breakfast she was going to go shopping tonight in the city so she turned on TV.

Jack had just got off his flight he was in a taxi driving to his hotel in Melbourne he thought tonight would be a great opportunity to go looking around the city.

In the hotel he threw his luggage on his bed and jumped in the shower the flight really tired him out. He picked up his mobile and rang his dad “Dad just to let you know I have arrived safely” it was message ban so he just left a message.

He walked down to the gift shop he was looking through magazines until something caught his eye “Martha?!” he said he took the magazine to the counter “Excuse me but who is this on the cover?” “Oh that, that’s Martha Mackenzie she’s a well known model” “Does she live in Melbourne?” “Of course” “Oh alright thanks”.

Jack thought to himself wow first she was a country girl from the farm and now a model this didn’t sound like the Martha he knew. He wanted to see her after all it had been 3 years but he didn’t know where she lived or anything.

Martha stood up, grabbed her bag and headed out side she decided she couldn’t stay inside all day so she was going to go shopping it took her mind of things.

Jack left the gift shop and started walking down the street he was to concentrated on the floor he wasn’t looking where he was going he bumped into something he looked up to see a beautiful young girl

“Watch where you’re going next time!”

“Sorry I didn’t mean. MARTHA!” jack exclaimed

“Jack? What are you doing here?”

But before Jack could even talk to her she was bombarded with screaming fans all wanting autographs, Jack put his hands in his pockets and went back to the hotel.

He checked his phone to see one missed call from his dad he sighed.

At that moment someone knocked on his door “Coming”. When he got there, Martha was standing there “Martha, what do you want?”

“Im sorry about before”

“How did you know what room I was in?”

“Oh I know the manager”

“Ah I see”.

“Can I come in?”

“Um sure” jack had a look at her she was wearing a mini denim skirt, heels and a nice top.

“So what brings you to Melbourne” Martha smiled

“Oh work wanted me to have a holiday so they sent me over here.

“Why are you here?” jack asked

“After Cory incident I got a phone call from an old friend living here in Melbourne she wanted to know if I would do a photo shoot for her magazine it also got me away from summer bay and what had recently happened so it was good for me so I agreed and here I am”

“Oh so you ditched Me, Alf, Ric and all your friends for fame and glamour”

“No it’s not like that” Martha said

“It looks like that to me, look its getting late I think you should go”

“Oh ok then” Martha said disappointed

Jack didn’t feel like talking to Martha he couldn’t believe what she left behind just to be it wasn’t the Martha he knew and loved.

He felt bad and wanted to be friends with her again so he invited her over tomorrow.

Martha knocked on the door to jacks room “Coming” he said “Hey Martha” “Hey guess what I have a surprise for you meet me downstairs in 15”

“Ok...” he smiled.

Jack walked downstairs too see Martha sat in a limousine he walked over to her.

“So what’s the surprise?”

“Look you’re new to Melbourne and we have a lot of catching up to do so I thought we could take a limousine around Melbourne” Martha said.

Jack just laughed “Whatever”

“So are you planning on staying for the whole 2 weeks?”

“Nope im going back tomorrow night work needs me back so much for a holiday”

“Oh alright, so how’s everyone?”

“There good Tasha and Robbie are married, Beth and Tony live together, Mattie, Lucas, Cassie, Ric are all good, Alf’s Fine and so is Morag - she’s sticking round for a while”

“That’s good what about you?”

“The truth?” jack asked

“Yup the truth” she smiled

“Well when you left I felt like I had lost everything I still loved you and when I came here it felt so right, but when I saw you on your magazine cover It’s not the real you”

Martha sighed

“Anyway are you planning to live here? Or ever come back to the bay” jack questioned

“I actually haven’t thought about it I mean running away from something I was scared of was stupid I regret that. But living in Melbourne is great I don’t mean to sound like a snob but I love being famous”

Jack’s jaw dropped she loved being famous?

Since when had Martha cared about what other people think?

Jack couldn’t take it anymore he got out of the car

“Jack where are you going?!”

“Im going home!”

“Wait!”

But before she could say anything else he had gone

“Oh well James take me back to my house please”

“Sure ma’m”

When Jack got back to the hotel he started packing he through all his clothes into a suitcase and rang the airport.

The earliest flight was at 9 in the morning and that’s what time he was leaving to go home.

He couldn’t be happier to go back home but he felt apart of him wanted to stay here with Martha.

Jack was at the airport patiently waiting for his flight he had his tickets in his hand, he heard the speaker for his flight departing so he got up and walked to the plane he hesitated for a minute but he kept walking.

When he reached the end of the flight he saw Tony and Lucas standing there he went up and hugged them

“So how was it?”

“It was different” jack said smiling

“Well tonight were all going out to dinner with Beth and Matilda”.

“Sounds great”.

When they walked through the door jack put his stuff in his room and went to the diner. He saw Robbie and Tasha there so he walked over to them

“Hey” he said

“Hey Jack how are you and how was Melbourne?” smiled Tasha

“It was nice for a change”.

“Yoo-hoo only me did you hear?”

“Hear what colleen” jack rolled his eyes

“I was just talking to Madge Wilkins apparently young Martha Mackenzie has left the modeling business she has returned to summer bay! It was on the news” said colleen

“What really?”

“Yes she has she is at summer bay now!”

Archived