New Beginnings

Guest Di

*** Reposted***

Wednesday 23 February 2005

If you were a tourist coming down to the beach to watch the fantastic sun rises they have in Oz, or a surf freak trying to catch the best wave's before your working day begins Walking past the grassy path past the Diner and the upstairs’ surf club fitness studio. which is a must for any fitness freak, you get good workout with the Bay's resident fitness duo Jesse McGregor and Hayley Lawson, they put you through there tough fitness programme seven day's a week.

If you carry on you pass the beach house, then you finally reach the path that goes down to the golden sand's and to the clear blue sea of Summer Bay. There was a slight breeze in the air a few cloud's in the sky. There in the distance you could see three figures sat huddled together, you would not think any thing of it.

Kane, Kirsty and Irene were sat on the beach as the sun rose upon Summer Bay. You would think it was just another ordinary day, but if you could hear what they where saying, and how they were all huddled together crying this was no ordinary day.

"I'm going to miss you guy's so much” !but I think it's for the best you do this" "Y...eah" Kirsty could hardly say her words she was so upset”. Hey come on babe at least were going to be together for ever this way”,” come on he's right,” Irene add's. "Thank's to Scotty P it look's like I'm be sent down”.” Well not if mine and Morag's plan goes the way it should”,” you will be heading out of Summer Bay for good”. Irene and Kirsty looked at each other and cried for the fourth time that morning.

Morag was unsettled at the breakfast table. "Strewth Morag "how many times do you have to stir that cup of tea”.” What sorry"“, I was mile's away”,” so I gathered”. "Young Kane will get off you will soon see” "even with Scotty P's and Gus's evidence against him add’ Morag. "If we can see right through them the jury will to”,” I wish I shared your feeling's on his Alfred”. Little did he know what Morag and Irene's plans were?

Music fade's in

wet wet wet, If I never see you again

The morning light comes stealing

To start a new day

Out there the world is waiting

To take us far away

And it’s time to make

The final break

But the memory will linger forever

If I never see you again

And think of me now and then

Though it hurts so sweetly

They say all good things come to an end

You’ve changed my life completely

I’m touched by your love

Even if I never see you again

The night is so unforgiving, yeah

And I’m on my own

I realise what I’m missing

And now that you’ve gone

So I say a prayer

Are you out there

Are you feeling what I’m feeling now, yeah

If I never see you again

And think of me now and then

Though it hurts so deeply

They say all good things come to an end

I’m touched by your love

Even if I never see you

If I never see you again

And if I never see you again

No one can tell you how the story ends

Where the road will lead

When love begins, yeah

I’m touched by your love

Even if I never see you

If I never see you

Even if I never see you again

And If I never see you

Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah

A couple of hour's later Kane had his suit on,” Your a little quiet Reenie what's the matter””, nothing Darl". "Hey Kane is going to be sleeping in his own bed tonight”,” next to Kirsty and this nightmare will be over"," you'll soon see".

"Yeah your right Tash it will be”. Just then, Robbie had come for Kim and Tash to take them to courthouse.

"Tash before you go"“, I want you to know something" said Kane "What””. Your like the big sister I never had”,” even though when we first met", "we never saw eye to eye". Kane tried to make it as lighthearted as possible.

"Do you remember when you used to hide under table’s””, when I used to come into the room" "Yeah" she was laughing as she said it.

"Do you remember the time you ran away and I slept near you””? without you realising it".” I was crapping myself”,” I was glad you were near by”,” and as if I thought something was going to hurt me" "I would have had no hesitation in yelling you for help". "Me asking you for help".

"Hey come on we haven’t got all day to be reminiscing about the good old days", Robbie was getting very impatient. Irene just threw him a look.” I think I will wait in the car"“, what a good Idea "." You just do that" "Tash will be out in a minute".

"I'm going to miss you so much Tash"“, hey remember what I said””. Your going to be coming home”,” so enough of the mushy stuff". "Well this is just in case and he hugged her."

"Thanks Kane””, you’re my hero big bro". Off she went to an impatient Robbie who was peeping the horn." All right I’m coming", as Tash ran out the house.

"Right come here you big softy”, Kane was welling up as he walked into his bedroom, where Kirsty and Irene were way ahead of him. They where holding hands as Irene swept Kirsy's hair to one side. "I can't put into word's how much I'm going to miss you guy’s””, you have made me feel year's younger than I'am". "I'm surprised that I haven’t got more wrinkles, than a Kane’s ironed shirt’s”, they all laughed through there tear's.

"This has been one of the nicest year's of my life” also one of the sadest”.” The nicest cause I adopted you as my son” ” I got to see you get kind of married with your recommitment ceremony you kindly invited us all to this time"

"You have a bub on the way”,” your finally in remission”, after giving us a scare more than once".

"The worst well where shall I start” ”you got sick and lost the bub" then Kane got cancer”.” Now this I don't know how that scum can sleep at night””, Setting up his son for something he never did".

"Let's not forget you my girly" passing all you HSC with flying colour’s”,” even with the pressure of Kane's cancer” and while you were pregnant" "even though you never knew it at the time".

"Right I'd had better let you two hit the road”, they were all sobbing and hugging together”.” Bye Irene", "I... I”... Kirsty could not get her words out, she just hugged Irene. Kane finished Kirsty's word's off”, were going to miss you so much” “who are we going to turn to for advice when the Bub comes" ”or if we need a few comforting word's or a chat".

"Don't forget we have our mobiles and you can write”, they all hugged again.” Right you two had better get a wriggle on" "as you have a long road ahead of you". "Drive careful", "yeah I will”. A few second's later they walked out of the beach house for one last time, without looking back they were gone.

Music fades out...

Irene had to compose herself, before she had to go to the court house.” Come on Irene you've got to pull yourself together”, she pressed the send button on her mobile phone.Outside the court house

Tash, Robbie, and Kim were getting worried”, Kane, and kirsty should be here by now” “perhaps they have done a runner Maddy replies”.

“You should be careful what your saying young lady” Morag came up behind her and made her jump.” Wall’s have ears "that’s how the rumour mill start’s”, “with silly little girl's like you".

Beth is talking to Scott and Hayley. she over hears what Morag has just said to Maddy, "How dare you speak to my daughter like that”,” I know your under stress right now but that's no excuse to take it out on Maddy".” There was a hush as everyone had stopped mid sentence and looked in there direction.

"Well perhaps she's right”.” Where are they then?”?” If there not here”, “they should have been here over twenty minutes ago". Tash started talking all fast like she does when she's freaked out "oh god what if they've had an accident".

"where is Reenie she should be here by now”,” What if Reenie's had a heart attack",Tash ran off down the step's to the road to see if she could see them,"Tash" "Tash" "come back". Robbie went after her.” Happy now”, reply’s Morag. Suddenly here mobile goes off. She went to a quiet part of the Courthouse to answer it. The cook coo has flown the nest was all the text said. A big grin suddenly appeared across her face.

"She's here”,” she’s here", Tasha shouted from the road. "Reenie", Tasha ran around to her”, I was so worried”,” I thought you'd had a heart attack or a crash" or some thing". "No I'm here”.” Have I missed something here”?” Well you could say that”.” Kane and Kirsty haven't arrived yet”,” You’re kidding”,” I wish I was”.” But they left just after you lot did”, “I’m surprised you didn't see them".

"Have you seen Kirsty and Kane on your travels", “ erm no”,” I was just saying to Tash", they left just after they did”.” I was surprised they didn't pass each other”. Morag came out”, excuse me can I have everyone's attention”;” the case has to carry on in Kane's absence”. So if you could make your way to court four”, “their going to be giving there verdict".

(Music fades in...

Kristian Leontiou

Story of my Life

You say it was like this

I was torn between 2 worlds

One full of promise

And the truth I knew would hurt

You say I'm no angel

Tryin to put the past behind

So now I try to find

A place to leave all

Memories in my mind

We try, our lives away

Then stumble into the grave

We cry, and still they stay

The past won't go away

The story of my life

See I was just thinkin

Now my life is on the road

The straight and the narrow

On the route that I've been showed

You know its not easy

To try to change your ways

So now I try to find

A place to leave all

Memories in my mind

We try, our lives away

Then stumble to the grave

The past won't go away

The story of my life

A place to leave all

Memories in my mind

We try, our lives away

Then stumble to the grave

The past won't go away

The story of my

Try, our lives away

Then we stumble to the grave

The past won't go away

The story of my life

They walked it, Gus was sat there with a smirk on his face, and Irene threw him such a stare, evil scum she said under her breath.

"All rise, thank you my may be seated”.” It seems Mr Kane Phillips has failed to appear”,” there is a warrant out for his arrest”. “Have the jury reached a verdict”.” Yes we have your honour”,” do you the Jury find Mr Kane Phillips guilty or not guilty of armed robbery", "discharing a fire arm and assault”.” We find Kane Phillips guilty of the following offencess" "armed robbery””, and discharging a fire arm and assault".

Tash ran out of the court Crying,” I’ll go” Josie squeezed past Irene, the atmosphere was still tense between them, what with the Ian Osboure and his shady dealing’s.” Well as Mr Phillip's isn't here”. ”When he is found”,” he will have the following prison terms”10 year's for armed robbery","5 year's for each of the following offence's" discharging a firearm and assault"

There was echo's of tuts and gasp's from Kane's friend's "****ing scum Scott shouted to Gus,” quiet in this court room" as the Judge slammed down his hammer,” Sit down and be quiet”.” I’ll have no outbursts like that in my court”, “ do I make myself clear".

Gus's smirk just got bigger. Morag and Irene just looked at each other. Morag was glad the million pound's Ian Osboure gave her, was the hush money Irene had refused to take. When it was discovered that he had surveillance cameras put in to the beach house. While Morag was digging for dirt as Irene puts its she would found out Josie was indeed Tash's daughter.

Josie did not want it to ruin her career as a madam, as Ian had offered her to have an abortion but she refused and had the baby, in secret to spite him. His money could not always make thing's disappear.

Ian Osboure did not want his private life, to be known to anyone else other than him and Josie. So when Morag found some interesting info, he did a deal with her. If she took the money, the evidence Morag had found was shredded in front of him. Unkown to him Morag had spare copies just in case she needs them.

~ 3~

Josie had a quick look around outside if she could she Tasha; she rushed down the steps nearly falling in her rush to find her. She caught a quick glimpse of her in the distance "Tahsa" "Tasha" "wait for me". However, she was not listening to her; So Josie took off her shoes so she could run faster after her.

"Tasha" "Tasha" "please wait" She finally caught up with her. Tasha come down from there”,” If I have to I'll come up". Tasha was just sat crying.” I know you’re upset””, but doing something silly like this isn't doing anyone any good is it”.” Right young lady”, I’m coming up”. Josie climbed the tree; she had not done this since she was a kid.

Josie sat next to her, she was laughing through her tears”, what’s so funny!” You climbing up the tree”.” Well I had plenty of practice”, it’s where I used to climb when I was upset or angry with the world".

"They will find Kane and he will be able to put an appeal in”,” the right man will go down”,” you’ll see”, Josie rooted in her handbag. She gently wiped Tasha’s tears away.” I bet Morag is spewing after she has lost a lot of money"“, yeah just a bit".

"I think everyone is shocked the jury found him guilty”.” Morag will do her dam hardest to track him down”. Robbie had followed Josie out of the court, shortly after the Judge had set out the sentences.

Robbie had walked past them, unaware they were sat above him. "Shhh..." they were giggling. Robbie had walked past them again another twice.” Robbie where up here, His face was a picture when he saw Josie sat there as well.” Don’t think I'm coming up there to join you".

"Come on we'd had better get down””, before we draw a crowd”.” They have sentenced him to 20 year’s”.” That’s so unfare" "yeah I know". They walked back to the courthouse hand in hand.

This is when it hit Josie the most; it should be her consoling her daughter, in her time of need. She has forgotten how many times’s she has had to fight the urge not tell her she was indeed her mother not her Aunt.

The sun had gone in as there where storm clouds in the sky, as Kane and Kirsty family and Friend's left court. Irene was in shock, at the harsh jury and judge. She nearly was locked up for the outburst she made in court. Barry gave her a reassuring smile as they walked down the court steps. He did not know what to say to her, so he said nothing at all.

The lone car travelled along the road, the occupant's were singing, there seemed sadness in the driver's eyes.” What’s the matter with you”?” I assumed you'd be happy with what went off an hour ago".” Yeah I am”, he had to put an act on.” Er I didn't think they would have done a runner that's all".

He was lying, he was shocked at the sentence his own flesh and blood had been given. For a crime Gus knew he did not do, Gus had been made to do, as he owned his jail mate a huge favour. Gus was secretly happy they had done a bunk, it made him feel a little less guilty.

Irene walked in the Beach house; she went into Kane and Kirsty's room. It was strange seeing it bare, apart from a couple of photo's and a letter. Irene sat on the bed as she read the letter.#Music fade's in

CelineDion~ Because you loved Me

For all those times you stood by me

For all the truth that you made me see

For all the joy you brought to my life

For all the wrong that you made right

For every dream you made come true

For all the love I found in you

I'll be forever thankful baby

You're the one who held me up

Never let me fall

You're the one who saw me through it all

You were my strength when I was weak

You were my voice when I couldn't speak

You were my eyes when I couldn't see

You saw the best there was in me

Lifted me up when I couldn't reach

You gave me faith 'coz you believed

I'm everything I am

Because you loved me

You gave me wings and made me fly

You touched my hand I could touch the sky

I lost my faith, you gave it back to me

You said no star was out of reach

You stood by me and I stood tall

I had your love I had it all

I'm grateful for each day you gave me

Maybe I don't know that much

But I know this much is true

I was blessed because I was loved by you

I'm everything I am

Because you loved me

You were always there for me

The tender wind that carried me

A light in the dark shining your love into my life

You've been my inspiration

Through the lies you were the truth

My world is a better place because of you

I'm everything I am

Because you loved me

I'm everything I am

Because you loved me

I'm everything I am

Because you loved me

Dear Irene/ Mum,

Where so sorry we had to do this to you, but we hope you will understand one day, why we had done a bunk. Kirst and I could not see any other way round it.

I would have gone to pieces inside. Knowing there was a possibility we'd have to spend the next ten twenty years of our married life on two minute call's and once a week visits.(There were tear stain's on the letter from Kane).

It is not the life I want for Kirsty and the baby. Well there is another excuse for the Sutherlands to hate me, for taking Kirst away from them. We are sorry we never got to say goodbye to you and Tasha .We just hope Tasha is okay, his tears were joined now by Irene's swell.

Can you tell Morag we will pay her back? I will take good care of Kirst and the bub. We will find a way of letting you know what we had, and send a picture of the baby. Forever in our memory’s and hearts.

You were one in a millon. Just hope Barry and you have a happy life together. See you in heaven love you always and forever. Kane and Kirst .

#Music fade's out

Irene just lay on the bed and cryed, tears of joy and sorrow.

Joy as she knew they would make every effort to live to the plan's Morag had set up for them. With the half, a million she had set up for their life on the run. She had pulled in a lot of owed favour's in from her many contact’s, to give them a great life they could only dream of.

Sorrow as Irene knew it would be a risk even if she tried to get in contact with them direct. Morag had set up a post office box so they could keep in touch that way. She knew they would never see each other again.

Archived