Leah not being able to have kids

Guest Tulip

I don't think that episode was done very well. Considering they gave Leah practically a whole episode when she had her operation, I was expecting this to be a huge storyline. Instead, it was weaved in between Cassie and Ric's fighting/Mattie and Lucas's kiss thing. I thought it deserved to be a lot bigger than that, as it had potnetial to be a great storyline. I know the storyline will go on for some time, but the whole finding out and accepting it was done very hurriedly: she had pains, went to hospital, got told about not being able to have kids, had operation, went back to work, told Dan she wanted to split, Dan told her he didn't, kiss and make up.

A whole episode would have been better, I think, to play out this significant storyline. What does everyone else think?

To be honest, I am finding it hard to sympathise with Leah because she has become properly annoying of late. Yes, all right, I would expect her to be upset over the news, but not devastated.

I mean, she and Dan already have a healthy, happy, gorgeous child each, they have each other, decent, steady jobs, a nice home, good friends and generally a good life. They have way more than many peole could ever hope for...Why can't she just be grateful for what she has?? And it's not as though she can't have children at all, they just can't be concieved the natural way. I think she was acting very spolit and self-centred.

And what was all that nonsense with dumping Dan??? :huh:

I used to think they had a good relationship, but lately I have been proved entirely wrong. There was all the hoo-ha with her thinking Dan was going to leave her because she was pregnant, and now thinking he is going to leave her because she can't naturally concieve his children???? :o

How insecure is she??? What on Earth does she think of Dan??? I could never marry anyone I thought that low of. She has clearly never heard of unconditional love, and she clearly believes him to be a total pig.

She is an immensely insecure, and somewhat ungrateful, little princessy brat. I really do not like her anymore, she is quite pathetic.

Die Leah Die :angry:

Well, what a mature bunch we have here!

Whilst Leah and Dan already have 2 kids between them, that doesn't mean that Leah shouldn't be upset that she can't have another child! What is so wrong with a woman wanting to have 2 children? If you have taken something like the ability to have kids for granted, it must be pretty hard to just have that taken away from you, even if you do already have a child.

I agree with the way she was about Dan, it's not like he was going to leave her because she couldn't have his kids, but Leah was very emotional and wasn't thinking rationally.

I think she has the right to be upset because although she has two children, she really wanted one with Dan so I really feel sorry for her. I understand why she was like that with Dan and like someone has said she just wasn't thinking rationally.

I wouldn't like it if it was a big storyline, it would take away Jack time! lol

I think she has the right to be upset because although she has two children, she really wanted one with Dan so I really feel sorry for her. I understand why she was like that with Dan and like someone has said she just wasn't thinking rationally.

I wouldn't like it if it was a big storyline, it would take away Jack time! lol

Leah only has 1 child, not 2.

Leah had her son VJ when she was married to Vinnie, who is VJ's father.

Dan has a son, Ryan, who he had with Amanda.

Leah has actually given birth to 2 babies though, because she was a surrogate mother for Sally and Flynn.

Sorry if you know this already, I just figured you might not have been watching the show for very long :)

I agree that the whole thing was resolved very quickly, if that's the end of it. I got the feeling that it will be something that Leah has to deal with in the long-term future and I'd be surprised if it doesn't come up again. I think she may have overreacted slightly, as it's still possible for her to have children through IVF, but you have to remember that IVF is painful and invasive (not to mention expensive) and Leah and Dan will have to go through a lot if they really want a baby now.

As for Leah and Dan's relationship, I think recent events have shown that they may have got married too quickly and don't really know each other as well as they think they do.

That's a good point actually!

The relationship seemed to move very quickly, though in terms of time they weren't going out very long. I would like Leah and Dan to have a baby together. This would have been a good time to do the Vinnie storyline, as Leah would probably be more tempted to live with Vinnie as a family with VJ.

Leah only has 1 child, not 2.

Leah had her son VJ when she was married to Vinnie, who is VJ's father.

Dan has a son, Ryan, who he had with Amanda.

Leah has actually given birth to 2 babies though, because she was a surrogate mother for Sally and Flynn.

Sorry if you know this already, I just figured you might not have been watching the show for very long

Yeah I knew this. I just counted Ryan as her son becuase he is part of the family.

As for Leah and Dan's relationship, I think recent events have shown that they may have got married too quickly and don't really know each other as well as they think they do.

I agree with that. I don't really like Leah, I think Dan could have done better. Gosh that sounds mean lol.

Archived