Sharni at Growth Foundation Celebrity Tennis

Guest sxc_detective_baker

Jon cashes in with a star axeman

By CHRIS OATEN

The Advertiser

23dec05

THERE were some shining and some not-so-shining stars on the Memorial Drive courts last night.

A couple of underdogs, Sharni Vinson from Home and Away and rocker Jon Stevens, knew their way around the court in the Celebrity Tennis Challenge. Jon did have some help from doubles partner Pat Cash.

It wasn't the first time the two had paired up. Pat joined INXS, one of Jon's former bands, on guitar one night at the Australian Open in Melbourne.

Paired with such a gun, Jon wasn't so worried about his game.

"Strategy? Yeah I have a strategy," he said. "He's called Pat Cash."

That gave Jon time to plan a decent list for his other performance, which included some of the Noiseworks hits that made him famous. Several of his most famous mates are the guys from INXS who found a new frontman in their own TV reality show, Rock Star. "I called it 'Mock Star'," Jon quipped.

"I mean, it's a real band with a real history with a real legacy and now a frontman that will have a long way to go to find his legs. Good luck to them."

Dave Gleeson from Screaming Jets also showed the racquet wasn't just for playing air guitar.

01658508967300.jpg

She seems very talented, if i tried to hit a tennis ball, it would not go where it was meant to. I didn't like PE much @ school, i was always too shy & embarassed to do things infront of my class mates, in case they laughed @ me. I really wanted to try properly Netball & Badminton, i'm not sporty @ all, or instrumental, never really wanted to learn anything like that, but i suppose it's never too late to learn, i'm only 19 (20 this month). I can sing a little, but that's only with the music backing me :(

I really wouldn't mind meeting Sharni, she could probably teach me a thing or two.

Yeah I was one of the shy ones at school myself. I wasnt a sports fanatic but I enjoyed it. I did join a trampolining class which was fun. I was ace at badminton. I aloved playing rounders, tennis and softball.

I killed people at table tennis. Thats always fun.

Sharni looks great in that pic! Love to have her skin! Im too pale!

Lol, Hayley that's probably the only positive comment I've ever read on these boards regarding Sharni's tan. Not sure I agree, but it makes a refreshing change! :)

Mrs Ric Dalby, would you mind not using text talk? Sorry if I sound picky, it's not just me, it is actually a rule...

Lol, Hayley that's probably the only positive comment I've ever read on these boards regarding Sharni's tan. Not sure I agree, but it makes a refreshing change! :)

Mrs Ric Dalby, would you mind not using text talk? Sorry if I sound picky, it's not just me, it is actually a rule...

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Sorry if i've annoyed anyone.

Archived