RIP Chloe

Guest alicepearlpilot

Just taught it would be nice to start a new topic in which we could pay tribute to Chloe.

I personally didnt like the idea of bring her back just to kill her off as another member said we would all of liked to have taught that Chloe had found happiness when she left the Bay all them years ago as she had had a torrid time before that with Brad raping her etc.

I dont know what to say that hasnt been said about this already except - thank God it wasn't Sophie. That would have really pissed me off!

It seemed like somebody had to die though, to give the storyline credence. I mean, the whole thing is set up for a very specific reason (I wont say what for fear of spoiling things) and they could have got away with not really killing anyone and still achieve the desired result (Chloe could have been paralysed instead of killed, for example) but with the flack we've all been giving the show lately about setting up these life and death situations in which nobody ever actually dies, they probably taught better than to risk our wrath with another one!

Would anyone have preferred if Martha had died? Would it have had any more of an impact in so far as she is a current regular character rather than a past character who we all knew was only ever going to be around for a couple of weeks anyway? Id have chosen to off Martha instead of Chloe but only on the proviso that Chloe was then kept on as a full time character. If she was going to be heading off into the hills again anyway, then Im happy enough they made the right decision, even if it was a bit unfair to the character. Should we do a list of all the tragedies she went through in her time on the show, as the rape was just the tip of the iceberg really. Did her dad used to abuse her? Or was he just very controlling? I cant quite remember the details. I know she had the drug problem though, and then her dad killing the wrong man and being jailed, and then Brad tormenting her.... Lachie's brain tumour of course, Diana kidnapping Olivia.....the recent stuff she went through with Troy. Am I missing anything?

After all of that, it would have been nice of them to give her a happy ending. So yeah, poor Chloe, she had a pretty rotten life all things considered. RIP.

I always liked Chloe's character. She was so bubbly and happy and nice to watch.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Well, she wasn't when she was first brought to the show, she was "geeky", shy and introvert IIRC (although I do agree that she was nice to watch :wink:). I do get the impression that Kristy Wright herself might be a "bubbly and happy" person, and that we might have seen more and more of Kristy's personality shine through as the Chloe character was gradually watered down over the years (typical of soap characters, I suspect). Then again, that's just speculation on my part.

I am glad Chloe was killed. Not because I disliked the character, she is one of my favourites. But because it made the most sense. They could have wrote in a random character who nobody cared about and killed them. But they always do that, and it's a cop out and then you'd all be posting "what was the point in making a new character just to kill her?"

Secondly, they could have killed one of the current main cast members. That would have been an even bigger shock. But it wouldn't have been such a big twist from the perspective of giving Jesse a shocking exit. Having him kill his best friend from years ago was much better than having him kill say Martha or Ric or someone who doesn't really have much to do with him.

Thirdly, good TV writing isn't about giving the audience what they want, it's about making an impact on them. If you all want to watch a show in which only bad people die and good people live happily ever after I suggest you stop watching. They killed off Chloe because she was a loved character and therefore had way more impact on the audience.

So to sum up, they didn't "bring Chloe back just to kill her." They brought Chloe back to give an excellent twist to Jesse's character arc - and one which makes sense given his history - and to write him out. Chloe's return was NEVER about Chloe. It was about Jesse. And soon, it's going to be about Irene and Diana.

I personally think it was a great tribute to Chloe's character that they decided to use her in this way, instead of some random extra.

I didn't know Chloe from before but really enjoyed watching her the few weeks that she was back. It's a shame that she died but I'm loving the storyling surrounding her death. Even though I know what happens, I can't wait to watch it.

I think they did the right thing in killing off Chloe instead of one of the others, say Martha. Martha's pretty new.. ish.. lol.. and I'm just starting to like her so I'm glad she didn't die.

..... good TV writing isn't about giving the audience what they want, it's about making an impact on them. If you all want to watch a show in which only bad people die and good people live happily ever after I suggest you stop watching. They killed off Chloe because she was a loved character and therefore had way more impact on the audience.

So to sum up, they didn't "bring Chloe back just to kill her." They brought Chloe back to give an excellent twist to Jesse's character arc - and one which makes sense given his history - and to write him out. Chloe's return was NEVER about Chloe. It was about Jesse. And soon, it's going to be about Irene and Diana.

I personally think it was a great tribute to Chloe's character that they decided to use her in this way, instead of some random extra.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Exactemundo! You have summed it up perfectly ther Ste.

Archived