Which characters were axed?

adam436

8 hours ago, adam436 said:

I thought her, Joel and Tom were all axed. If she was though, I fail to understand why they were not given a happy ending at the time and written out together. I guess it's possible that Antoniette left of her own accord and the writers didn't know what to do with Joel so they axed him?

I've always thought that had he not been axed (assuming he was), Joel would have become a long-term character and might still be around today. At least Summer Bay would still have a competent police force :P

I am referring to Natalie Davison, lol. She only lasted just over a year

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 12/17/2016 at 1:14 PM, adam436 said:

Oh, I forgot about her, mainly because I tuned out for most of 2004-2014.

Yeah, I wouldn't be surprised if she was axed. Once they'd set up the Brax and Ricky romance, she served no purpose from what I've read.

I think that they wanted Brax's girl to have more of a dark side to her, Ricky was perfect since she is Adam's sister. I never saw much of Natalie but she seemed to have more of a normal background which was a bit too boring I think

From the very little I saw of her, I got the feeling they were trying to create the "good girl/bad boy" thing they had with Heath and Bianca and Brax and Esther Anderson's character. They just gave Natalie no personality, which also wasn't acceptable for Brax's love interest!

On 23.12.2016 at 10:43 PM, adam436 said:

From the very little I saw of her, I got the feeling they were trying to create the "good girl/bad boy" thing they had with Heath and Bianca and Brax and Esther Anderson's character. They just gave Natalie no personality, which also wasn't acceptable for Brax's love interest!

I think she had a lot of personality more than Charlie the way she was written, but she felt flat the way she was played. I think she had more a will of her own than Charlie in the beginning, and the viewers didn't like that. They wanted  the other characters to adore Brax no matter what he did. I think it was more that it wasn't the same vibe around the actress as it was around Esther Anderson. E.A. had a buzz around her from the day she entered H&A, long before Brax.  And with Natalie they didn't create something the viewers thought were exciting, not an intrigue. Charlie was the cop who fell in love with a criminal, Natalie was a teacher... but yes we had already seen that with Bianca and Heath and it felt repetitive. 

Ricky was different, and they created an intrigue around her with Adam and Brax rivalry, she was Adams sister. It was again a bit the "forbidden love", but it felt new because the twist was different from Charlie and Brax. 

Does anyone know if Shauna Bradley was axed?

When the character was created, presumably the writers thought Judy Nunn would be around for years to come, and in my opinion, she served little purpose after Ailsa died. I don't even remember having that much to do with Alf or Duncan (who also left shortly before Shauna) towards the end either.

The writers could have developed a father/daughter relationship with Alf, but instead she just became another replaceable twentysomething.

Archived