AUS popularity

Guest stonetheflamincrows

Although im from the the UK i believe that Home & Away is pretty popular... It seems Neighbours aint that popular (But dont Quote me on that) but there's als a few more out in the Out Back, Down Under - Blue Heelers & Something else which i cant remember based in the Hospital - Like Holby City & Casualty!!

Are Home and Away and Neighbours actually popular over in AUS?  :cool:  Like Coronation Street and Eastenders here in the UK? If not, what soaps are?  :)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Neighbours and H&A are the only soaps shown in Oz. Neighbours isn't very popular.

Home and Away and Neighbours are the only two soaps. Home & Away shown at 7pm and Neighbours 6.30 pm weekdays.

H&A is far more popular than Neighbours and rates much better. Actually H&A rates really well in oz, with it coming in the top 3 top 5 shows of the day each weekday.

Blue Heelers, The Alice, All Saints ect are drama's not soaps.

I think Neighbours has lost a veiwers because some people don't like the Timmins family there was a debate article about it in this weeks TV WEEK. I love them espicially Stingray. Although I'm not a big fan of Janae. Also cast have been let go because they're characters arnt working anymore the characters of Stuart, Sindi, Lil and David are going nowhere so they writers have scraped them. Serena is only leaving because her parents are leaving which is a shame because Lara has great potenial and Serena's storylines are amazing.

I thought neighbours was more popular... I was sure that H&A had lost viewers recently.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

It's true H&A has lost an insane amount of viewers recently but it's still a lot more popular/watched than Neighbours.

Eastenders corrie and Family affairs are on foxtel and they are very popular so popular we get 40 episodes of eastenders a month 2 episodes a night.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

If they were so popular they would be shown on FTA.

In the UK the Practice and Chicago Hope are shown daily (and repeated twice the same day) in fact they're showing them from the start again for the second time this year but I wouldn't say they are popular because they're not shown on 1 of the main channels. They just got them really cheap.

Do you get Emmerdale too ? Now *that* is a good soap.

Archived