AUS popularity

Guest stonetheflamincrows

FTA channels get first pick. If the FTA channels don't want a show then Foxtel can buy it.

Exceptions are of course shows made for Foxtel/other pay tv channel, like Love my way.

Fox 8 and TV1 are the highest rating Foxtel channels which, in primetime, record 0.6 per cent audience share, followed by Fox Sports One and Two, Lifestyle Showtime, UK TV with a half a per cent share.

Pay TV as a whole records about 5-10% of audience share, and FTA is 90-95%.

Outside primetime, the Pay TV share is higher - up to about 15%.

This is why you would never see a top rating show only on Foxtel and why FTA are given first bid.

It's also why the government introduced laws to stop the FTA channels multichanneling.

However, if you only look at people who have Foxtel - over 50% of their viewing is Foxtel.

• 1 year later...

I live in the UK & I know that both soaps are just as popular in Australia than our own soaps here. I would say that H/A is more popular than Neighbours. Although I do watch Eastenders & Corrie, H/A is my all time favourite!

Archived