Bec off to London

Guest Becstar

Bec off to London

From The Eye

June 13, 2005

DON'T expect Bec Cartwright and Lleyton Hewitt to turn up to the Melbourne Cup this year.

Cartwright's baby is due in late November, The Eye understands.

It will be a day of mixed emotions for Bec this coming Friday.

This is the last day of filming for her on the set of Home and Away, and she will fly out that same night to London as Hewitt prepares for Wimbledon, which starts the following Monday.

More details continue to leak about the couple's wedding.

Cartwright is expected to wear a couture gown by respected Sydney designer Alex Perry.

He wouldn't comment because of a signed confidentiality agreement.

Perry has designed many a soapie starlet's Logies dress over the years.

"We dress a lot of girls and nine times out of 10, when it comes to the main event, they walk through my door," he said.

"And it's different every time.

"I think they should always look glamorous but I don't think they should necessarily look like a traditional wedding dress."

No word if they couple have sold the wedding yet to a magazine, but it wouldn't be a surprise as they have sold every other detail of the relationship so far.

How things change for Hewitt and his doubles partner last week at Queens, Mark Philippoussis.

Just one year ago at Wimbledon Delta Goodrem and Kim Clijsters were fixtures in their camps. They couldn't have dreamed back then both would be engaged and one would be expecting a baby.

Ex-girlfriends Delta Goodrem and Kim Clijsters became friends - let's see if Cartwright and the Scud's fiancee Alexis Barbara do the same thing.

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah.I feel sorry for you all.Becmania coming soon.  :D

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I doubt we will get Becmania the way that you do in Australia as not even our three main English soaps get that much attention, plus the british media at this time is fixated on Henmania.

In that case i change my mind your lucky.They are everywhere here and it's kinda boring after a while.They need to get over it.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yea it was the same with Victoria and David Beckham here for ages, now its the same with Wayne Rooney and Colleen here it definatly tends to be sports stars. Im fed up of Henmania though, every year the media and bbc get all excited claiming Henman is going to win Wimbledon and it really annoys me as he has no chance anymore.

BYE-BYE, BEC

Herald-Sun

15 June 2005

BEC Cartwright finishes filming on Home and Away on Friday and will jump straight on a plane to be in the UK for fiance Lleyton Hewitt's Wimbledon campaign.

Archived