Past and Future

torian

Story Title:  Past and Future
Type of story: Long Fic
Main Characters: Tori, Christian, Colby , Jasmine, Justin, Leah.
BTTB rating: G
Genre: Romance, Drama.
Does story include spoilers: No
Any warnings: Sexual content
Summary:  Christian is trying to win Tori heart and doesn't understand why she won't give him a chance and is holding back. For Tori however she is worried about jumping into a relationship because of all that happened in her past. Will Christian win Tori heart? Will Tori tell him the truth about her past?

Chapter 1

Christian walked into Salt to see Tori talking to another female before the female left and Tori was alone at the bar. Christian decided that this was his chance and walked over to Tori "Aren't you missing something" Tori looked surprised to see her brother doctor beside her "Sorry?" Christian smiled "Your baby Grace" Tori nods "She is with Jasmine" Tori smiles as a waiter comes over "Good then let me buy you a drink" Christian wanted a chance to get to know Tori "No that ok" Christian knew he wasn't going to give up "Red or White: Tori remained silent as Christian looked at her before she gave in "White" Christian smiled at the chance of spending more time with her "Dry?" Tori spoke once again "Yep"

The pair sat at one of the tables as Christian spoke "Look we talked about work and your brother I want to know about you" Tori knew there wasn't much to know  "There's not much else to know not that I'm totally boring i do have a life outside of work" Tori after that walked away to get some water as Christian watched her this made him just want to get to know her more.

Tori came back and poured most of the wine in Christian's glass. "Not all for me" Tori shakes her head knowing she can't drink anymore as she needed a clear head to look after Grace "I need a clear head in case Grace decides to have a party in the middle of her night" Christian now had to ask the question he was curious to know "Not with her dad?" Tori goes quiet for a minute wishing Grace and her could be with him "No I'm the sole parent"  Christian smiles "And you run the ED full time?" Tori just nods as Christian speaks again "You deserve a medal and you definitely  should have another glass of wine" Tori cut him off "I have great support around me" Tori thought about all the people that supported her Leah, Justin, Jasmine, Colby, Maz and Irene. Christian smiles "That great"

Christian then knew he needed to know whether Grace's dad was in the picture in Tori "So do you mind if I ask where Grace's dad is? Is he in the picture?" Tori goes quiet she wishes he was more then anything then she speaks "He passed away" Christian feels awful for asking "I'm so sorry I shouldn't of" Tori cuts him off "No it's ok. We weren't together, in fact we were never together" Tori pauses shocked that she is been this open about Robbo as she usually isn't with anyone "I wanted kids and i never met the right person. So i asked a friend to donate we did IVF and along came Grace" Christian was surprised hearing this but it only made him more interesting in Tori. "Wow that a big call"  Tori nods "Yeah it was but it was the right one. He was a really good dad and now that he is gone i just want my focus to be on Grace and try to give her the best life i can" Tori knew that is what Robbo would want her to do "Sounds like Grace chose her mum wisely" Tori smiles at Christian's comment. Tori then got a text and she was thankfully she did cause she knew she would become a mess very soon "I'm sorry i have to go" With that Tori got up "Thanks for the drink and the chat. it been" Christian cuts Tori off "Fun" With that Tori and Christian smile at each other as Tori walks away

Tori got home shortly after and sat on the couch as she opened her phone and went through her photo gallery until she found the one she was looking for. It was her with Robbo and Grace. She missed him more then she could say and talking about him tonight had made her only miss him more. A tear came down Tori's face as she looked at the photo. She would do anything to have Robbo by her and Grace's side again. 

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Chapter 2

Tori woke up the next day and decided to call in sick. She knew she wasn't but last night made her think about Robbo as well as her past and she knew she needed to do something and if she didn't now she would end up regretting it later. 

Tori walked out in a black dress to see Justin have a look of worry on his face. He had barely been out of hospital a day yet was worried about Tori "What wrong?" Tori knew she would need to tell Justin where she was going "I need to see Robbo" Justin knew Tori missed him everyday but he also knew there was more to this "I know you miss him but there something else" Tori decides to tell Justin but not who she talked about him too "I was talking to someone about Grace, Robbo and I last night and it made me need to go see him" Justin nods understanding "Ok but when your there text me" Tori nods to this and grabs her keys leaving Grace in Justin's care.

Leah walked out to see Justin sitting on the couch "Did Tori just leave?"  Justin nods he can't help that worry as she hadn't been to the grave alone yet. Leah can see his worry "What is it?" Justin looks at Leah "She going to Robbo's grave alone she never done that before" Leah is now just as worried as Justin but before they can talk about it, the pair hear a knock at the door.

Leah opens it to see Doctor Green there who can immediately noticed she is worried "I came to check on Justin and looks like it a good thing I did cause you look worried" Leah shakes her head "Justin's fine. It is other stuff that have gotten me worried" Christian nods as Leah lets him in. He walks over to Justin and sits next to him only to see the same look of worry on his face "Everything ok? Any pain?" Justin looks up realizing who was there "Yeah all good no pain" Christian decides to ask another question one more personal "Tori called into work sick is she ok?" Justin whispers so Christian doesn't hear unaware that he does "I really hope so" He then looks at his doctor "She will be fine. She just out getting stuff to help her get better" Christian nods as Justin wonders why his doctor was asking all of this. Leah then  speaks up "Want to stay for a drink?" Christian smiles "Sure" Christian was glad the Leah asked and he really hoped he would see Tori.

Tori arrived at the graveyard putting flowers beside Robbo grave before crying as she spoke "I know it have been a while and that is my fault but I knew i had to come. I miss you like crazy and I really wish you were here. You would know exactly how to make me feel better and you would be an excellent father to our daughter who really needs you.  I was thinking about you last night about our crazy lives and as much as i hated the guards and fears. I hate more that you aren't here with us and wished I had that back just so I could have you. I love you Robbo and I miss you" Tori laid at the grave for a bit before getting up and heading to her car so she can go back to the bay.

Chapter 3

Tori arrived home with puffy eyes not even taking in her surrounding as in her mind she was still at the gravesite with Robbo. Leah is first to spot her and walks over and hugs her "I could of came with you" This made Christian and Justin to turn around and Christian could see she had some form of cold however Justin knew the truth "Tori bed now" Tori nods as all she wants to do is be alone.

As Tori walked away Christian couldn't help that worry. He hated seeing her this way already and they weren't even together. He never worried about someone this much but to him Tori was different from most. Justin gets up and follows Tori into the room as Leah hands Christian another drink.

Justin sits beside Tori pulling her into a hug "I miss him so much. I wish he was here" Justin nods "I know I do too" Tori then decides to ask "What is Doctor Green doing here?" Justin knows seeing his doctor at their home would worry her "He came over wanted to check on me but I'm fine" Tori looks at her brother who speaks "I'm more worried about you" Tori knows Justin knows how much Robbo meant to her "I wish he was here and I know i have you" Justin knows what Tori means "But i'm not Robbo" Tori nods as she hands Justin a photo of her with Robbo when she was 8 months. Justin can see how much this memory meant to her and held her.

Christian and Leah were in the lounge room as Christian looked at the photos around him. He spotted one of her and Justin with who he would guess was their brothers and sisters. He then spotted one of Tori and  a guy hugging and looking happy which made him feel jealous as he wished he was that guy he then spotted yet another photo of her and that guy this time they were with a group of friends which made Christian wonder who he was. Little did he know that guy is Grace's dad the guy who means so much to Tori.

It is shortly after when Justin comes out of the bedroom and Christian decides to check on Tori before he leaves. He knocks at the door before hearing a voice "Come in" He opened the door to see Tori wipes her eyes "Flu the worst thing" Tori nods as she was actually getting sick for real "Don't get any closer we can't have our neurosurgeon sick" Christian shakes his head not caring as he walked over and sat beside her "I don't care besides company will do you some good: Tori shakes her head "I want to sleep:" Christian nods "Ok i will let you sleep but Tori get better" Tori nods "I will" With that Christian leaves the room but really wishes he could walk back in there and take care of her like he wants to do

Chapter 4

It was now the next day and Tori had woken up better and had agreed to have breakfast at the diner with Colby as she hadn't seem him in a while and she heard about what went down with Ross and she knew he wouldn't be coping.

Tori walks in the diner and sees Irene at the counter before smiling and walking over to Colby who immediately stands up and hugs her "It have been way to long" Tori smiles "It have. I missed you" Tori meant that she missed her friend and her last link to Robbo "Well I missed you too Tori" They both smile as they pull apart and sit down.

Tori can see Colby's worry "How are things on the Ross front?" Colby knows Tori knows the truth as he had told her and Robbo "The person in charge of the case thinks i did it" Tori was shocked this could not be happening "What?" Colby knew Tori was worried "He got nothing we all given him nothing. You are not losing me" Tori breathes a sigh of relief "Good cause I need you. Your all i have left" Colby nods as he gets up and walks over to where Tori is and pulls her into a hug.

Christian walks in the diner as he heard they have a great coffee well according to Justin anyway. As he orders his drink he seeing Tori hugging some guy and if he remembers right he was in some of the photos with Tori. The jealously had hit Christian once again as he wondered who the guy was. The staff member then handed Christian his drink and he walked out.

Shortly after Tori arrived home to see Justin there. "How Colby with everything that happening?" Tori was worried about Colby "Not good, how are you?" Justin knew that Tori was worried "I'm fine" With that Tori hugged her brother before getting changed to head to work.

Tori arrived at work and saw Jasmine with Doctor Green at the counter. She knew Jasmine knew who she was with this morning and knew she should tell Jasmine that Colby could use her support. Tori walked over to the pair and smiled as both smiled back. Jasmine could sense something was wrong and from the way her brother doctor was looking at her she had a feeling he could too "You ok?" Tori heard Jasmine concern "No I need a word" Tori grabbed Jasmine hand and led her to her office as Christian watched the pair realizing they were close out of work as well.

Tori shut the door as Jasmine and her went into the office. Jasmine spoke first "How was breakfast with Colby?" Tori takes a deep breath "The person in charge of the case think Colby did it" Jasmine understood Tori worried "We can't lose him. Am I right to go check on him?" Tori nods as Jasmine walks out of the office shutting the door behind her.

Tori puts her head on the desk as she hears the door open yet again. She looks up to see Doctor Green "How are you feeling after yesterday?" Tori smiles "A lot better thank you" Christian had a feeling she was trying to avoid him "Are you trying to avoid me?" Tori knew she was but she couldn't tell him that or that she was cause she doesn't allow people into her life cause of her rough past "No not at all" Christian not sure he buys this but he barley knows her so he can't push her on any of this. Christian then leaves the office wondering how the hell he will get her to spend time with him so he can get to know her more.

Chapter 5

It was later that afternoon when Tori finished her shift and was heading home. She walked in the lift with her head down as she was text Colby before she heard a voice "Deja lift" Tori knew it was Christian but was confused on what he meant after all she had a lot on her plate right now "Sorry?" Tori didn't even look up as she spoke before Christian began speaking again "You, me confided space such fond memories" Tori knew what he meant there mistaken kiss the one she had at the back of her mind "I told you that was an accident and that it won't be happening again" With that the lift door opened and Tori walked out.

Tori arrived home as she picked up Grace and hugged her before walking over to Leah "How was she?" Leah smiles "An angel. Justin sleeping" Tori nods "Well i am going to get changed then go spend some time with Colby" Leah nods "Want me to look after Grace?" Tori shakes her head "No that ok Colby wants to see her and you have Justin to take care off" Leah nods as Tori heads to her room.

Tori changes into jeans and a nice top before changing Grace and leaving heading to Colby. 

When Tori arrives she sees a stressed Bella outside "What is going on?" Bella looks up "The cop won't give up Colby doesn't need this" Tori knows they don't "Come on" Bella gets up as Tori opens the door and the pair walks in annoying Angelo "I said you cannot be here Bella" Tori decides on a new plan "You see Bella just fainted so she needs to rest so please leave" Angelo is annoyed that leaves as Tori lays Bella on the couch as Angelo watches from the door before shutting it and leaving. Colby gives Tori a grateful smile "Thank you" Tori hugs Colby "Always"

Elsewhere Christian is walking near the surf club when he spots Jasmine running and walks towards her. Jasmine immediately stops and puffs "Doctor Green hey" Christian smiles "Hey feel like a coffee?" Jasmine nods he wants to get to know the nurse but also knows perhaps through Jasmine he can figure Tori out. The pair walk towards the diner as Jasmine wasn't a fan of the surf club coffee.

Chapter 6

Christian and Jasmine were sitting in the diner when Jasmine spotted Angelo at the corner of her eye. She really wanted to get up and yell at him for trying to ruin Colby's life as well as hers, Bella, Dean and Tori lives but sat still. Christian looked at the nurse "You ok?" Jasmine focuses back on the doctor "He just makes a friend of mine life hell" Christian was worried what if this person was Tori. He knew he had to ask "Tori?" Jasmine could see that Christian clearly cared for Tori "No Tori ok I promise" Jasmine knew in that moment Christian liked Tori "You like Tori?" Christian was shocked and surprised that Jasmine asked the question "I might but it doesn't matter as she got a boyfriend anyway" Jasmine looks confused as Christian speaks "I saw her in the diner with this guy and they seem really close and all loved up" Jasmine clicked Christian saw Colby and Tori "I promise you. Tori is single but also if you like her you should know she doesn't let people into her life" With that Jasmine walks out leaving Christian wondering why Tori didn't let people in and why Jasmine would go out of her way to tell him that.

Back in the flat Tori and Colby were sitting on the couch as Bella had just left to spend time with Ryder in her room. Tori decides to tell Colby that she went to the graveyard "I went and saw Robbo yesterday" Colby looks worried and Tori straight away could see that "How was it? I would came with you" Tori takes a breath "I needed to do it alone but it was good. I missed Robbo so it was good to feel close to him again" Tori was getting emotional so Colby pulled her into a hug and held her.

Jasmine opened the door to the flat to see Tori and Colby hugging and looking like a couple that made her wonder if Christian was right. She close the door and the pair turned around before Jasmine spoke "You guys are you together?" The pair were shocked at what the blonde said and shook there head as Tori spoke "No what would give you that idea?" Tori was curious on why Jasmine thought this "Something someone said that all. In other news I saw Angelo downstairs" Tori knew she was staying with Colby cause if Angelo even attempted to question her friend she would make his life hell the same way he was making it for Colby.

Jasmine then looked at Tori "Justin said you went and saw Robbo" Tori nods as Colby speaks "That why we were hugging cause we were talking about Robbo" Jasmine immediately understanding and feeling bad for bringing the whole couple idea up. "How was it?" Tori looked at the nurse "It was what I needed" Tori then decided to get the three of then along with Bella and Ryder some dinner.

Tori walked down to the diner to see Doctor Green there but also to see Angelo there who was coming towards her and she knew she was about to lose it at him in front of everyone. Angelo walked over with a smug face "You know your little plan today I'm onto you" That was it Tori knew she was going to lose it "Colby had nothing to do with this so stop making his life hell" With that Tori walked out not even worrying about dinner.

Christian left the diner to see Tori on the pier so he walked over "Remind me to never get on your wrong side" Tori let out a slight laugh "Ok I will. I am sorry you had to see that" Christian smiles "It is fine but are you ok?" Tori nods as she gets up. As she about to leave Christian hugs her and she surprises herself by hugging him back. They stay there for a minute before Tori walks away as Christian stands there knowing that he wants to be there for her always

Chapter 7

Tori ran up to the flat without food and Colby knew something happened "What happened?" Tori says one word "Angelo" Colby was annoyed to say the least as Tori grabbed his hand "Don't worry i yelled at him" Tori smiled as Colby and Jasmine laughed.  Jasmine knew she needed food and that they all did as she went out the door and downstairs.

Jasmine smiled as she walked in the diner and ordered before walking over to a table as she had spotted Christian "You ok?" Christian looks up "I'm worried about Tori she going through alot with Justin then yelled at a cop" Jasmine didn't look surprised and Christian noticed this "You know?" Jasmine nods "I just saw her. Look Tori life haven't been easy Christian but yelling at a cop and what happened with Justin well she dealt with worst so I can safely say that she is ok" Christian nods as Irene walks over handing her the food "Have a good night Christian" Christian smiles "You too Jasmine" Jasmine walks out

Jasmine knows Christian likes Tori and she feels awful as he is a good guy but she knows Tori would never let him in.

Jasmine opens the door to the flat and seeing Bella and Ryder joined then in the lounge. She hands then all food and she begins to eat silently as the group talk and laughs around her.

After dinner Tori decides she needs to talk to Jasmine as she knows something up "Jasmine let's go for a walk" Jasmine is confused but agrees. Jasmine and Tori leave the flat and walk down the stairs before sitting on the pier "You were quiet all through dinner" Jasmine nods  as Tori speaks again "You ok?" Jasmine decides to ask a question she knows she shouldn't "Would you ever have a relationship again after everything that happened in your past?" Tori have a feeling Jasmine likes someone "You like someone?" Jasmine shakes her head "I'm just curious" Tori takes a breath "Honestly no. I barely trust anyone or let people in and I will never trust a guy again. The only two guys I trust in my life at the moment are Justin and Colby" Jasmine nods as she listens to Tori but she wishes Tori would let people in as she feels as those Christian would be perfect for her and besides she got a feeling that she can trust him. Jasmine then pulls Tori into a hug

Chapter 8

It was the next day when Tori decided to bail on work. She wasn't up for it and she knew she should take time off but she needed to.

Tori was at home and happy to have to house to herself as she needed to cheer her head when there was a knock at the door.  She opened it and saw no one there instead seeing a letter on the ground before opening it she was shocked with what she read and went as pale as a ghost as she grabbed her keys and headed for the hospital as she needed to speak to Jasmine.

Tori arrived shortly after and she spotted the blonde nurse talking with her brother surgeon. Jasmine turned around to see a pale Tori and ran over with Christian following behind. Christian then grabbed Tori hand as he could tell she needed support and he walked with her to one of the rooms where she sat down as Jasmine looks at her "Give Tori and I a minute" Christian nods as he agrees and walks out but he couldn't help that worry about Tori.

Before Jasmine had a chance to ask what was going on Tori handed her the letter and Jasmine read it "Your past life isn't over" Jasmine got why Tori almost passed out and grabbed her phone to call the feds. 

Tori walked out of the room and spotted Doctor Green who walked over to her "Feeling better?" Tori smiles and nods as he speaks again "How about a walk?" Tori nods as she knows she needs a distraction.

The pair walk along the grounds and Tori speaks up "You know you know alot about me what about you?" Tori was curious about him but Christian he was hoping this was cause he liked her back "Well i used to be married" Tori was surprised "So what happened?" Christian feels happy Tori asked it meant she cared "I wanted a family she didn't" Tori looks at him "A doctor too" Christian nods as the pair keeps on walking.

Tori gets a text and she looks at it "Thanks for the walk but I need to go speak to Jasmine" Christian smiles "Let me walk you to the ED" Tori nods as the pair head back.

They arrive and Tori smiles at Christian "Thanks for the chat" Christian smiles at the doctor who he fell so hard for "Anytime" 

Tori and Jasmine then walk into the office "So?" Tori was very worried and Jasmine knew that "Jay the dodgy cop is out but they are fixing it" Tori gets pale she can't believe this is happening again and this time she doesn't have Robbo by her side and she wished she did

Chapter 9

Tori had now called Leah, Justin and Colby telling all of then she needed then. 

Colby was the first to arrive at the Morgan's and he hugged Tori as Justin and Leah walked in. The group took a seat as Tori handed Colby the letter and the group read it "Jay out" That was all Tori said and the three of then were crying as Colby held Tori close knowing how scared she was cause he was too.

Meanwhile at the hospital Jasmine spotted Christian and walked over.  "So how did things go with Tori?" Christian smiles at the nurse "Pretty good" Jasmine was glad she just hoped Tori would give Christian a chance as she thought they would be good together "I really want to have a chance with her but she doesn't let me in" Jasmine felt worst knowing with what happening that would only get worst "How about we go for a walk?" Christian nods as they leave the hospital.

Jasmine and Christian are walking along the beach when Jasmine speaks up "Ask me anything about Tori and I will try to answer" Christian surprised but this he knows will help "Have Tori always not let people in?" Jasmine nodded "Not really. Her and I are connected through someone that why she lets me in but she never let anyone in particularly not since what happened last year" Christian wondered what happened but didn't want to push Jasmine. "How do I get her to let me in?" Jasmine wishes she could answer "Honestly what I know what Tori is she doesn't let people in but when she does it because they have proved they are all in with her for the long haul through the good and bad" Christian gets an idea "So i prove to her I'm all in" Jasmine nods "Yeah" Christian smiles "Thank you Jasmine"

Chapter 10

It is the next day when Tori is sitting on the beach alone clearing her head. Christian spots her and walks over "Want some company?" Tori knew she didn't but he saved Justin's life so she knew she needed to be nice "Sure" Christian smiles as he sits beside her. "The bay is an amazing place" Tori smiles as she knows she wouldn't be anywhere else even with what happened "I know. I wouldn't live anywhere else" The pair smile at each other.

Soon after they decide to go for a walk along the beach "So are you enjoying the bay?" Christian nods "I am. I'm even thinking about staying" Tori is surprised at this she doesn't get why but hides it "Well I always said Summer Bay needed a neurosurgeon" Christian smiles "Well you have one now" Tori nods "I guess we do" Tori looks at him "What made you decide to stay? I know you like to travel" Christian looks at Tori "I want a fresh start and to settle down, find someone to love" Tori knows from experience this isn't always the case "You know it not as easy as setting up home in a place right" Christian nods "Believe me I know it" 

The pair then arrives outside the diner as Tori spots Colby sitting on the pier "I will be back in a minute" Christian nods as he watches Tori walks towards the guy feeling jealous.

Tori sits next to Colby and can see he is upset "You ok?" Colby shakes his head "I have been thinking about Robbo allot since Jay. I really miss him" Tori can see Colby hurt and pulls him close and hugs him tightly "I know i have too. I miss him like crazy" This makes Colby smile "We were lucky to have him" Tori nods "Yeah we were"

Christian stands where he is and watches Tori and Colby in the distance it is clear they are close and then when he sees then hug he feels even more jealous because he wishes that he was the guy Tori was hugging

Archived