Penny McNamee to sing at 2017 Carols in the Domain

Pantherboy

Daily Telegraph article:

Home And Away star Penny McNamee excited to sing at 2017 Carols in the Domain

WHEN Home And Away star Penny McNamee belts out a tune at home, her two-year-old son Jack sticks his fingers in his ears and begs her to stop.

But when she takes to the stage at the Woolworths Carols in the Domain this year, she’ll have the whole country singing along.

“I sing around the house and Jack’s like, ‘oh mum, stop, you’re too noisy’ and he sticks his fingers in his ears so I don’t think he’ll care about me being on stage, but my husband Matt is very excited. He’s a big Christmas fan,” McNamee told Confidential.

The 34-year-old says it hasn’t just been her dream to take to the Carols stage.

“It’s my mum’s dream,” she said.

“Every year my mum is like, ‘one day you’ll sing at Carols in the Domain, I just know it’.

“Matt will bring Jack and we’ll have a picnic. My whole family is going to come. They’re all from Sydney and my sister is flying in from LA, so it’ll be fun.”

Woolworths Carols in the Domain is in its 35th year and will be held at the Domain in Sydney on Sunday, December 17 and broadcast on Channel 7.

McNamee will be joined by Dami Im, Todd McKenney, Adam Harvey, Beccy Cole and the cast of The Wizard Of Oz.

Home and Away star Penny McNamee will be performing at this year’s Woolworths Carols By Candlelight. Picture: Dylan Robinson

Archived