Holly Dances Into A Soapie Dream Role

Guest Andy

Holly dances into a soapie dream role

Sydney Confidential

Daily Telegraph

8 April 2005

HOLLY Brisley is flicking her fishnet tights and dancing shoes for a pair of thongs and heading to the sunny shores of Summer Bay.

It's the big break the former What's Up Doc? host has been waiting for, after years spent doing the customary bit parts, photo shoots and party appearances that go with being a fledgling celeb in Sydney.

Channel Seven wouldn't confirm Brisley's gig with Home and Away yesterday, but told Confidential they'd have more news today.

Brisley will play the Bay's resident vixen when she joins the cast -- her first major acting gig since mega-flop film The Crop last year.

We reckon that as well as the hard yards she has been putting in trying to make it, Brisley can also thank her huge popularity on Seven's Dancing With The Stars for the gig, with the audience vote pushing her over the line to avoid elimination in this week's episode of the toe-tapping series.

Apparently, in one hour, the result of Tuesday night's audience vote changed three times, with Brisley's new cast-mate Jason Smith finally getting the boot, leaving Brisley, Ian Roberts and Tom Williams as the final three contestants.

In other DWTS news, Confidential hears Roberts is rating higher than series favourite and top point-scorer Williams and his partner Kym Johnson in the public vote.

Whoever does manage to make the final, though, will be facing a tough task.

There are strong rumours that the winner of this current series will face last year's winner Bec Cartwright and partner Michael Miziner in a dance-off the week after the finale.

Holly dances into a soapie dream role

Sydney Confidential

Daily Telegraph

8 April 2005

HOLLY Brisley is flicking her fishnet tights and dancing shoes for a pair of thongs and heading to the sunny shores of Summer Bay.

It's the big break the former What's Up Doc? host has been waiting for, after years spent doing the customary bit parts, photo shoots and party appearances that go with being a fledgling celeb in Sydney.

Channel Seven wouldn't confirm Brisley's gig with Home and Away yesterday, but told Confidential they'd have more news today.

Brisley will play the Bay's resident vixen when she joins the cast -- her first major acting gig since mega-flop film The Crop last year.

We reckon that as well as the hard yards she has been putting in trying to make it, Brisley can also thank her huge popularity on Seven's Dancing With The Stars for the gig, with the audience vote pushing her over the line to avoid elimination in this week's episode of the toe-tapping series.

Apparently, in one hour, the result of Tuesday night's audience vote changed three times, with Brisley's new cast-mate Jason Smith finally getting the boot, leaving Brisley, Ian Roberts and Tom Williams as the final three contestants.

In other DWTS news, Confidential hears Roberts is rating higher than series favourite and top point-scorer Williams and his partner Kym Johnson in the public vote.

Whoever does manage to make the final, though, will be facing a tough task.

There are strong rumours that the winner of this current series will face last year's winner Bec Cartwright and partner Michael Miziner in a dance-off the week after the finale.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

well i think there should be an dance off between this years and last, here in the uk at chrismas we had Stirctly come dancing?or what ever it's called on Ice it was great . :)

Holly in step with Seven

Compiled from: Sunday Herald Sun, Sunday Telegraph, Sunday Mail.

10 April 2005

Brisley finds herself at home in Summer Bay

DANCING With the Stars siren Holly Brisley (right) is quickly becoming one of Channel 7's most bankable stars.

Having suffered the career doldrums as recently as a year ago, Brisley has suddenly found herself down to the final three on the the top rating DWTS and is still hosting The Worlds Craziest Home Videos for Seven.

Now she is moving from the dance floor to the foreshore, having being signed up by Home and Away.

"It's all happening," gushed an excited Brisley, "there's no rest for the wicked."

And the character she will play on the long-running Australian soap opera is no angel. Brisley will play blonde bombshell, man-eating vixen Amanda Vale. Another Summer Bay newcomer, Tim Campbell, will play her husband.

"Amanda Vale is a great character who everyone will love, or at least feel some emotion for," Brisley said.

The new role on such a high-profile television show is a dream come true for the former host of What's Up Doc? who hired an acting agent when she was just 13.

"I've done the hard yards," admitted Brisley, who starred in two American telemovies made on the Gold Coast when she was 15.

Brisley's signing comes as Home and Away producers prepare for the departure of several major characters.

While no-one at Seven would comment on who was leaving Summer Bay, speculation is rife that Bec Cartwright will not be renewing her contract with the soap when it finishes at the end of the year.

Cartwright is tipped to wed her fiance Lleyton Hewitt in Sydney in December and travel with him on the tennis circuit.

The Gold Logie nominee has already been given time off from the soap to attend Wimbledon with him mid-year.

For Brisley, her Home and Away signing is the culmination of years of hard work.

With her popularity climbing after spectacular displays on the dance floor, Channel 7 is rushing Brisley on to Summer Bay's beach.

She will shoot her first scenes in Summer Bay the same week of the Dancing With The Stars finale, in which she will compete against Channel 7 presenter Tom Williams and former footballer Ian Roberts.

"It is big news for me," said Brisley, who films her first scenes on April 18.

Brisley said she was thrilled and grateful Seven had given her career a resurgence.

"They started my career with Agro's Cartoon Connection, so it is nice to be back here," she said.

"When you have been through those slow patches you have a far greater appreciation of the good things.

"You learn to never take anything for granted in this business. There definitely were times when I wondered what I was doing and if I should just give it all up, but my perseverance and hard work has paid off."

"My ambition at the moment is to do the best possible job," Brisley said. "I'll be working on Home and Away for the next 18 months."

"We are so happy to have Holly joining us," Home And Away producer Julie McGauran said.

"She did an exceptional audition and we're looking forward to her becoming part of the team. I know she'll do a great job."

Brisley, who once dated Olympic silver medallist Scott Miller, has also found happiness in her personal life with a new boyfriend.

"I'm very much in love," confirmed Brisley, whose character arrives in Summer Bay on the eve of her ex-husband Dan Baker's wedding.

"And what I love about Home And Away is that it shows off Australia in its element with its beach setting (it's filmed at Palm Beach) and community spirit."

Ahhh. Dan's ex-wife. Only it doesn't say 'ex'.... intriguing choice of words. :lol: I kind of wondered when she'd show up. I guess that puts Dan firmly out of the running for stalkerage, too, right?

Thanks for that, Valk. :D

I did a nice cut and paste job from a couple of papers to make a big super article :lol:

A nice few spoilers there...

Amanda Vale, Dan's ex-wife, arrives on the eve of the wedding of Leah and Dan.

The scenes are filmed on April 18. Should be on-screen June/July

Holly has an 18 month contract. Amanda will be here for the next year and a half.

Several, major characters are soon to be leaving.

Bec Cartwright may not renew her contract which expires at the end of the year.

And as F'Eck said, this most likely means Dan is not the stalker.

Archived