Sharni Vinson eyes more action in Hollywood

Guest Mishyy

925792-sharni-vinson.jpg

Aussie actress Sharni Vinson / Pic: Sam Ruttyn

WITH physical roles in Step Up 3D, Blue Crush 2 and Bait already on her CV, stunt-loving starlet Sharni Vinson has a well-thought-out career plan to be Hollywood's next action heroine.

The first step is You're Next, a gritty home invasion flick already dubbed the horror movie of the year ahead of its August release that has the Shire-raised beach babe playing an axe and knife-wielding survivalist.

"Action for me is like second nature," Vinson told Confidential. "I was an athlete growing up and then acting took over. And when I shot Step Up, it was a five and half month period of intense activity.

"It gave me a really clear vision of where I want to go in this business. I do see a gap right now for the next female action star because, you have Angelina (Jolie) and Kate Beckinsale and Jennifer Garner, but they're mums now, so there is a gap for someone younger to come through."s and that's where I'm hoping to go. That's my niche."

Source

I'm glad Sharni has decided on her 'thing'. Like, she wants to do kick-butt action and that will be here thing. She's set her sights on the specific type of actress she wants to be, and that sets her apart. Good luck to her :).

Archived