Axel Whitehead and Samara Weaving remain close friends after separatin

Guest Mishyy

HOME and Away's Axel Whitehead has spoken for the first time of his split with former castmate Samara Weaving after Confidential reported the couple went their separate ways recently.

The high-profile twosome confirmed romance rumours back in July though it's understood their relationship - which blossomed on set - fizzled after a few months.

But it seems there are no hard feelings between the pair with Whitehead describing Weaving as a "great, great friend".

"Samara and I have a great amount of respect for each other and I think we'll always be very close," Whitehead said, adding that there was no one new in his life despite being spied recently with an attractive brunette.

"Nope. I'm definitely single," he said.

Meanwhile, the actor and occasional musician will have something to keep his mind off the break-up over the next two weeks - he is planning a solo motorbike ride through central Australia which he says was inspired by Ewan McGregor's famous road flick Long Way Down.

"I've managed to get a two-week holiday break which is great and this is something that I have wanted to do for a really long time. And I am so, so excited," he said.

Source

"Nope. I'm definitely single," he said. <---- Just wondering how long this will last for and which cast member will he date next!

Well since he is going on hols for 2 weeks doing the solo bike ride through aus I doubt that he would call Samara a former castmate, since neither of them have left the show.

Maybe he'll date whoever Liam is paired up with next?? (hoping Bianca, but then he'd have to get back with Lisa and I do not know if that will happen again).

Archived