Lincoln Lewis Gets Lucky With US Film Role

Guest b2sb09

JUST three weeks after flying to Los Angeles to crack the US acting market, Lincoln Lewis has landed a Hollywood movie role alongside A-list actor Will Smith and Smith's son, Jaden.

Lewis, 24, began shooting with the Hollywood heavy hitters last week on the sci-fi film After Earth, co-produced by Will Smith and directed by M. Night Shyamalan.

He won the role during a hectic fortnight of auditions and call-backs from directors and producers as part of the annual television pilot season.

Lewis flew to Philadelphia last week for rehearsals, training and shooting.

After Earth is set 1000 years after the human race has abandoned Earth, with Lewis playing a "top seed" cadet alongside Jaden.

It is his first US film role, and comes on the back of an enormous year for the former Home And Away actor.

It will keep him busy in the US until late April, meaning he may miss the launch of Channel Nine's Tricky Business, in which he stars, and the annual Logies, the nominations for which are announced today for which he is tipped to in contention for a number of awards when nominations are announced today.

Lewis's initial plan was to stay in LA for three months trying to get his big break, and his arrival coincided with the US cinema release of his action film Tomorrow When the War Began.

Meanwhile, his long-term girlfriend, Home And Away's Rhiannon Fish, had to make do with a huge bunch of flowers from her long-distance love when she celebrated her birthday last week, evidence the loved-up pair are still going very strong.

Lewis last year featured in acclaimed teen drama SLiDE as fireman Dylan Gallagher and Underbelly: Razor as sly grog queen Kate Leigh's young associate, Bruce Higgs.

After Earth, formerly called 1000 AE, is expected to be released in 2013.

M. Night Shyamalan's biggest hit as a director was blockbuster The Sixth Sense.

Source

directed by M. Night Shyamalan.

And there goes all the optimism I might have had.

That was my thought too, it was a good build up and then I saw his name. I liked his early movies but The Village was so-so and haven't really enjoyed any after that. I've watched movies with bad reviews yet still enjoyed them but The Last Airbender was one I wished I'd never bothered with it was that bad. M. Night Shyamalan must be due for a good movie soon though and this one does sound interesting.

Still, it's a big break for Lincoln so good luck to him.

directed by M. Night Shyamalan.

And there goes all the optimism I might have had.

How come?

Because he has a horrible track record in the last few years. He does still have some talent as a filmmaker, and The Sixth Sense and Unbreakable are both outstanding movies. (I'll even give Signs a pass, in spite of the much-maligned twist) But his last few original scripts were by all accounts terrible, and his adaptation of Avatar: The Last Airbender was a slap in the face to the entire Avatar fanbase, not helped by the fact that he got that job by claiming to be part of that fanbase.

I'd like to believe that he's capable of learning from his mistakes, but the fact that he's once again writing, directing and producing is not a good sign. Some filmmakers need limits put on their creative control and I don't know if Shyamalan's learned that yet.

Archived