New Female Regular

Guest b2sb09

'Neighbours' casts new female regular Vanessa

Neighbours bosses have today announced the casting of actress Alin Sumarwata as new regular character Vanessa Villante.

Vanessa is a professional chef who will make her first appearance in Erinsborough in early 2012, before quickly turning the life of one male resident upside down.

Show chiefs have teased that Vanessa is "no wallflower" and viewers will see her embracing life to the fullest as soon as she makes her arrival.

In real life, meanwhile, Sumarwata has moved to Melbourne with her husband and their 2-month-old daughter for her new role.

Sumarwata commented: "I'm very excited about joining Neighbours - this caps off a busy year for us."

She added: "The fact she is always eating mirrors my life - I adore food."

Sumarwata filmed her first scene for Neighbours last week and she will make her debut on Australian screens in March.

The actress has previously appeared in Sea Patrol, East West 101 and Tangle.

Thanks for posting (:

Looking forward to her joining, sound's interesting, wonder who's life she'll turn upside down?

I'm glad we are getting more new characters + we still have

Jade's ex

turning up even if it is only going to be a guest role, well I'm guessing it's only a guest role.

Archived