Brothers In Arms

Guest bradyell

Just a little note....i mention about Justin leaving the army in this chap, i'm pretty sure that it's more complicated than I've written it but for the sake of the story I've used artistic lisence :lol:

Hope y'all enjoy it....the drama is just around the corner so make the most of the fluff!!!

Chapter 11

Following the chat with Aden, Justin spent the remainder of the afternoon on the telephone sorting out his immediate future and trying to gather information on how they could help Sean.

Belle had managed to get Aden by himself and the two had talked about Aden’s reaction to the events earlier that day. She had reassured him and agreed with his and Justin’s decision to help their other brother.

The next morning Belle had been up with felicity for ten minutes when Justin joined her in the kitchen.

“Morning.” He greeted through a yawn.

“Good morning. So, what’s with the early bird routine?” Belle asked, flashing him a grin over her shoulder as she prepared breakfast for her daughter.

“Well, I heard missy here.” As Justin spoke he crouched down to lift Felicity from her play matt on the floor and brought her so snuggle against his chest as he stood up “Good morning beautiful.”

“Sorry, I tried to get to her before she got too loud.” Belle apologised.

“That’s ok.” Justin grinned. “I needed to get up anyway. If I’m gonna be sticking around I need to find somewhere to stay.”

“Aden mentioned you were staying in the bay.” Belle picked up the bowl of porridge she had prepared for Felicity and headed into the lounge. “Can you just drop her in here.” She asked Justin, gesturing to the highchair that was placed next to the table.

Justin did as she asked and then sat down on one of the chairs as Belle did the same and began feeding the little girl.

“You know you are welcome here as long as you need.” Belle reassured

“Yeah, I know that but the little dude is gonna want his room back and it’s about time I got me a bachelor pad!”

“Bachelor pad?” Belle laughed “Just spare me the details yeah! So, I guess you are gonna leave the army? Can you just do that or….?”

“I had a long talk with my CO yesterday. I’ve done longer than I signed up for so I’m pretty much free to leave.”

“Pretty much?”

“Well, I’ve gotta go and sign some papers and I’ll be in the reserves for a bit but that’s it.”

“That’s great. Aden is so happy about this Justin. He might not have told you that himself but he really is.”

“Yeah? He doesn’t really open up much. I mean he talks about how much he loves you and the kids but anything else….”

“He keeps things pretty close to his chest…that’s just his way, you’ll get used to it.” Belle explained, sticking up for her husband.

“Yeah, I guess I will. I’m looking forward to it to be honest.” Justin admitted. “It’ll be nice having him around, and you and the little people.” He nodded towards Felicity as he spoke.

“Why do I feel my ears burning?” Aden asked good naturedly as he walked down the stairs and approached the table. “Are mommy and uncle JJ talking about me Fliss?” He directed his question at his daughter as he leant over her highchair to drop a kiss onto her forehead.

“Only good things.” Belle reassured him. “Did we wake you?”

“Nah, Jax did but he wants his Uncle to bring him down.” Aden grinned over at Justin. “Looks like you have a fan mate.”

“I can live with that.” Justin replied with a smile. “I’ll go get him.” He added as he stood up and made his way up the stairs.

Aden made as if to sit down but Belle reached out and pulled on his wrist to stop him.

“Come here.” She instructed. As soon as he was close enough she stretched up and pulled his face towards hers, pressing her lips against his as soon as she was able. “Good morning.” She murmured against his lips.

“Good indeed.” Aden replied before kissing her again. “Everything ok?” he asked as they parted, his fingers tenderly brushing her cheeks.

“Yup.” Belle replied, unable to resist kissing him once more.

“Not that I’m complaining…at all… but what’s with the good mood?” Aden asked.

“I’m just really happy for you babe.” Belle answered honestly. “I know how much it means to you to have Justin here.”

“Yeah, it is pretty great.” Aden smiled as he extracted himself from Belle and perched onto the chair the opposite side of felicity’s high chair to her. “Hey baby girl, you getting bored huh?” he asked with a chuckle when he looked to see his daughter playing happily with the remainder of her breakfast.

“Flissy!” Belle scolded albeit with a giggle. “Look at this mess!” She pulled the dish from the baby girl’s hands and proceeded to clean her up with a couple of wipes she had pulled from the packet which she always kept nearby at feeding times.

“Your mommy’s a pro hey Flissy.” Aden commented when Belle had the little girl cleaned up within moments.

“Practice makes perfect.” Belle replied simply as Justin appeared down the stairs Jackson balanced happily on his back, his casted leg sticking out in front of them both. “Morning babes.” She greeted her son.

Jackson wished them all a good morning as Justin seated him at the table.

“Right!” Justin exclaimed “Who’s for breakfast JJ style?”

Once breakfast had been eaten and cleaned away the group began to make plans for the rest of the day.

“So, any ideas who I can speak to about finding a place?” Justin asked.

“Roman’s usually pretty good at that kind of stuff.” Belle suggested looking to Aden for confirmation.

“Yeah, we could go over to the diner and have a chat with him if you like?”

“Roman…he’s Nicole’s dad right?” Justin checked.

“Yeah that’s him.” Belle nodded.

“What’s the deal with Nicole then? I didn’t get much chance to talk with her yesterday. She’s hot!”

“She is.” Aden agreed as Belle giggled. “Hot, pregnant and married…to Belle’s brother.”

“Ah, right, a no go then!” Justin chuckled. “So your sorta sister is married to your brother…that’s kinda weird and…incestuous!” He looked back and forth between the smiling couple.

“Well, Geoff isn’t actually…technically…my brother.” Belle replied, her smile becoming wider at the look of confusion that spread across her brother in-laws face.

“Wha...how?”

“Well, Irene, she isn’t my mom, she just took me in when I came to the bay looking for my real mom and then she took Geoff and Annie in when their grandfather died.”

“You know what?” Justin asked rhetorically “It’s a real good job I’m sticking around, it’s gonna take me forever to work out your weird family!”

“We might not be a conventional family but we love each other and are there for each other and hey…” Belle grinned “…now you’re here you’re one of us so you better get used to weird!”

“I’ll try my best.” Justin couldn’t keep the grin form his face, loving how quickly he had been accepted into the family and although he was no big believer in religion he sent up a silent thank you to whoever might have been out there listening. “So, we gonna head out and see Roman when we are all ready then? It’ll be good to put a face to the name properly.”

“Yeah, although…” Aden checked to see whether Jackson was listening or not and when he was satisfied that the young boy’s attention was taken by the TV he continued, his voice quieter just in case “…I thought we could swing by the hospital and see Rach. She’s a doctor.” He explained to Justin. “She really helped me out back in the day she was really good with Belle when…” he trailed off knowing that Justin would understand what he meant.

“Oh, ok, sounds like a good idea. She might be able to point us in the right direction about how to help Sean because I really have no clue.”

“I’m sure she’ll be able to help.” As Belle spoke she lifted Felicity from her high chair. “Right then, I’ll get gorgeous here sorted and then I can take her and Jax to the diner and you can meet us there and talk to Roman.”

“Sounds like a plan.” Aden stood up from his seat and quickly pecked a kiss on Felicity’s cheek and then Belle’s. “Jax, you need a lift up the stairs buddy?”

“Yeah but will you do it uncle JJ?”

“Wow, talk about surplus to requirements.” Aden quipped forcing a pout onto his face as Justin agreed to Jackson’s request and went to pick him up. “How unwanted do I feel?”

“Aww, poor baby.” Belle giggled as she closed the gap between them. She balanced Felicity on her hip freeing up an arm which she slid around Aden’s waist. “If it helps…” She started before stretching up onto her tiptoes so her lips were touching his ear “I always want you.” She planted a kiss against his ear before she lowered herself back onto the flats of her feet and smiled sultrily at him.

“Yeah, that does help.” Aden chuckled. “Even more so if we were alone…I’ll have to remind you later.”

“You do that!” Belle grinned, flashing a wink at him over her shoulder as she walked away.

Belle arrived at the diner to find the place busy, Roman and Irene rushed of their feet, and VJ taking orders behind the counter. She was glad she had left Felicity’s pushchair outside as she pushed through the mass of chairs to the only available table situated just in front of the counter.

“Jax, can you hold your sister whilst I go find her chair.”

Jackson agreed and held his arms out for felicity, holding her on his lap as Belle went to collect the highchair that Irene kept in the storeroom for the exclusive use of her grandchildren.

On her way through the kitchen Belle greeted Irene and Roman and they insisted that she gave them her order there and then rather than waiting for somebody to come and take it.

“Tell you what…” She suggested “…Let me settle Fliss and then I’ll come back here and grab our stuff myself.”

“Would you luvvie? You don’t mind?” Irene fussed.

“I offered!” Belle giggled as she carried the chair out of the kitchen.

On her way past the counter she grabbed a cookie for Jackson and placed it into his hand as she lifted Felicity. With one hand she managed to set up the highchair and then placed felicity into it.

“There you go sweetie. Right Jax babes, you know what you want?”

“Erm, are we having lunch?” he asked

“Yeah, well when your dad and Justin get here. Maybe just order a drink for now.”

“Ok, I’ll have a shake.” Jackson decided on after a moments thought.

“Flavour?” Belle asked

“Errrrrm Strawb….no, no…chocolate…yeah chocolate.”

“Ok.” Belle laughed. “Are you alright to watch Fliss whilst I go get it then? Your nana and granddad are rushed of their feet! Veej will keep an eye on you too right Veej?”

“What?” The teenager asked looking up from the coffee machine.

“Keep an eye on these two for me whilst I get our drinks and talk to Roman.”

“Yeah sure.” He replied happily, waving at Jackson who smiled widely back at him.

“Ok.” Belle rummaged about in her bag and pulled out a couple of small toys which she placed in front of her daughter. “These should keep her busy but if not give her this.” She handed Jackson a soother and he placed it on the table behind a menu out of sight of his sister knowing that she would cry for it if she saw it. “I won’t be long.” She reassured her son before making her way into the kitchen.

After making sure that Felicity was content Jackson pulled Belle’s phone from her bag and began to play a game on it, his eyes rising from it every now and then to check on his sister.

Belle had been gone for around ten minutes when a man walked into the diner, looking around before approaching the counter.

“Hi, I’m looking for Aden Jefferies; you wouldn’t know where I can find him would ya?” He asked VJ.

“Who’s asking?” VJ replied. Something about the man made him suspicious so he wasn’t going to answer before finding out why he was looking for his step-brother of sorts. Jackson however thwarted his plan.

“That’s my dad. He’s not here. Who are you? Why do you want him” He asked all in the same breath dropping the phone onto the table.

“Well now, this is interesting. I’m your uncle Sean little man, good to meet ya.” Before VJ could respond in any way Sean had approached Jackson and was ruffling his hair.

“This must be your sister. Hello there.” Sean stood next to the highchair and tickled Felicity under the chin. The baby girl, her newfound dislike of strangers clear to see began to cry instantly.

Just as VJ began to make his way from behind the counter Aden and Justin walked into the café.

“What the…” Aden instantly took in the scene, his daughter crying, Sean standing over her and VJ looking tense. Within seconds he had strode across the room and was lifting the baby girl into his arms.

“Shhh, it’s alright baby, its ok. Daddy’s got you angel.”

“What’s going on?” Belle asked. She had hurried out of the kitchen upon hearing her daughter cry but Aden had beaten her to the table.

“That’s what I was wondering?” Aden looked to Sean.

“I just…I just said hello, I didn’t touch her or….”

“That’s right dad.” Jackson confirmed as Aden rested a hand on his shoulder, putting himself between his son and Sean. He wished there was some way he could take Belle into his arms too, his need to protect his family so strong it caused him an almost physical ache.

“And…who are you?” Belle asked even though she was pretty sure of the answer as she looked at Sean.

“Belle, this is Sean.” Justin answered her question as he wrapped his arm around her shoulder, winking at Aden who looked at him appreciatively.

“You must be Aden’s wife. Good to meet you.” Sean held out a hand and belle reluctantly shook it.

“What are you doing here Sean?” Aden asked bluntly.

“After yesterday….well I figured that there must have been a reason you guys tracked me down so I asked about and turns out you weren’t the only ones looking for me….”

“Really?” Justin asked. “I’d reckon you already knew that Sean, seemed to me there are lots of people who are looking for you.”

“Yeah well…. I mean….well…my old landlord told me a solicitor had been after me…usually it’s the other way round an’ all… anyways I thought it was kind of a coincidence you turning up , phone call from some fancy law firm you know? So I called them and well…..i guess you both know what he told me.”

“We…we were…” Justin stuttered looking to Aden who shrugged his shoulders.

“Looks like we need a chat.” Sean grinned.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

so i had about 2 pages of this written when i opened word tonight and then suddenly, out of nowhere....all these words just itching to be typed :lol: funny how that happens but i hope it continues!! Also hope y'all enjoy it :D

Chapter 12

“Not here eh Sean?”

Justin was the first to respond to Sean’s request for a chat between the brothers. He nodded towards Jackson hoping that Sean would pick up on his hint.

“Well where do you suggest?” Sean replied, his tone changing from the pleasant one he had been using to sarcastic and sullen.

“How about I take these two back home hey?” Belle suggested stepping towards Aden and placing her hand on Felicity’s back.

Aden hesitated for a moment, looking to his children and then at Belle before his eyes landed on Sean.

“You sure babe?” He murmured returning his attention back to her. Ideally he’d like them to stay at the diner, with him; he knew they’d be safe then. Something about Sean turning up had unsettled him and made him want to stay as close as possible to the most important people in his life.

“Yeah, of course.” Belle replied. She wanted to ask him if he would be ok if she left but didn’t want to with Sean listening in. “Will you just help us out to the car?”

“Course babe. Come on Jax.”

Belle lifted Felicity from Aden’s arms whilst he helped Jackson to his feet.

“Won’t be a sec.” He told Justin who nodded at him in acknowledgement.

When they reached the car they quickly got the children settled into their seats and then Aden walked around to the driver’s side door which Belle was leaning against.

“Are you alright with all of this Aden?”

“Sean being here? Not really.” He sighed.

“Babe, come here.” Belle pulled him into an embrace that he gratefully reciprocated. “You wanna talk about it?” She asked

“There’s not much to say.” Aden started, pulling away from her the smallest amount so he could look at her. “I just….I have a bad feeling about all this Belle.”

“I know baby. Do you want me to stay, I could ask Irene or….”

“Nah, its fine. I’ll be fine. I’d rather you were with the kids…..well no I’d rather we were all together but…..I’ve gotta do this.” He sighed.

“Ok. Well don’t worry about us, we’ll be fine. Call me when you are done yeah?” Belle insisted slowly moving her arms from around his neck until her hands rested against his chest.

“I’ll be home as soon as we’re done sweetheart. Love you.”

“Love you too.” Belle replied pecking a kiss against his lips before he walked back towards the diner.

“The wanderer returns.” Sean muttered sarcastically as Aden approached the table and pulled out a chair to join his brothers who were already seated.

“Leave it out hey mate, he was only gone a couple of minutes.” Justin jumped to Aden’s defence within an instant.

“Looks like the missus has him right under the thumb.”

“Wouldn’t wanna be anywhere else.” Aden responded honestly to Sean’s teasing.

“You’re serious aren’t you?” Sean stared at him incredulously.

Aden nodded. “She’s my wife Sean; I’d do anything for her…and the kids. It’s what husbands, dad’s do, not that you….we’d…. know that.”

“Yeah well, I don’t know about you two but I’d rather not get into that right now.” Sean protested “We have other stuff to talk about.”

“It’s all connected Sean.” Justin tried, wanting to convince Sean to talk properly rather than get straight to the issue of the money.

“All the same, I’d rather we just sorted out a date to go sign for the big bucks. I mean I’m free right now…I guess we’ll have to wait for super dad here to get permission bu...”

“Sean, lay off!” Justin snapped. “We aren’t signing just like that, there’s stuff we need to talk about first.”

“Not sign….are you…Its six hundred grand…I don’t know what your bank balance is like Justin but mine sure could do with that kind of boost.”

“It’s not the boost of your bank balance that’s gonna be the problem here.” Justin replied, instantly getting to the heart of the matter.

“No idea what you are talking about.” Sean shrugged cockily as he leant back in his chair, crossing his arms in front of him.

“Drugs.” Aden replied simply. “He’s talking about you being a drug addict Sean.”

“You’ve got the wrong bloke.”

“Come off it bro.” Justin sat forward in his chair. “We aren’t blind or stupid. We saw you outside that café, not to mention all the people you owe money to.”

“Well, aren’t you both a regular pair of detectives, giving old Sherlock a run for his money eh!”

“We want to help you mate.” Aden spoke gently despite the way Sean had treated him.

“I don’t need your help.” Sean replied leaning forwards again, his demeanour changing from laid back and cocky to aggressive and demanding in the blink of an eye. “I just want the money!” his raised voice caused a number of the other customers to turn in their direction.

“Just cool it Sean.” Justin warned his voice low but laced with anger.

“I want my money and I’ll be damned if you two stop me from getting it!”

“We aren’t gonna stop you.” Aden explained trying to calm the situation. “But we thought we could help you get off the drugs first. We….”

“Didn’t I already say I don’t want your help?” Sean growled.

“And we don’t want you killing yourself.” Justin replied. “Whatever’s happened in the past we are still brothers. I’m still your big brother Sean and I wanna look out for you.”

“That’s all very noble but I think we all know that the whole happy family thing really isn’t on the cards here. You two might have this little band of brothers fantasy going on but I don’t wanna be part of it, I just want the money.”

“Well I won’t sign.” Aden stated simply.

“You won’t sign?” Sean laughed dryly “You’d throw away six hundred grand?”

“If it saved your life? Yeah I would. You don’t miss what you never had.”

“You self righteous little sh….” Sean had leant right over the table and was inches from making a grab for Aden when Roman appeared.

“Everything alright here Fellas?” His question was directed at Aden but his eye’s were fixed firmly on Sean.

“Yeah Roman, it’s alright.” Aden reassured him.

“You sure?” Roman asked, slowly moving his eyes from Sean to the man he considered his son. At Aden’s nod he backed away from the table. “Well, I’ll just be in the kitchen ok?”

“Yeah.” Aden replied knowing that Roman would always be by his side in an instant if there was ever even a hint that he needed help.

“Look…” Justin began “…Arguing like this isn’t getting us anywhere and nothing is gonna happen today anyway. Let’s just call it a day yeah and all go and have a think.”

“There’s nothing to think about.” Sean snapped. “I want my money and I’ll be back tomorrow to make sure I get it!” With that and without a word of goodbye he stood up and stormed out of the diner.

“So…” Aden muttered …”that went well…!”

“I’m so glad Roman was there.” Belle whispered as she and Aden lay in bed later that night. “If he had hurt you…”

“It wouldn’t have got that far sweetheart.” Aden reassured her, pressing a gentle kiss against the top of her head, the only place he could reach as her head lay on his chest.

“You don’t know that. Drugs…well they make people do all kinds of stuff Aden. I should know.” As she spoke Belle shifted her position so that she could look at her husband, bringing her head to rest on the pillow next to his.

“Belle I…”

“I know you don’t like talking about this stuff babe but I do know, to a certain extent, what Sean is feeling right now.”

“So what should we do then?” he asked with a sigh.

“I don’t know….the last thing I want is for you to get hurt. Physically or emotionally. But I can’t see a way out of this without one, maybe both of those happening.”

“How so?” Aden asked intrigued as to how Belle saw the situation.

“Ok. You turn up tomorrow and stick to your guns, tell Sean you won’t sign unless he gets help. Chances are he’ll get violent. You know he has those tendencies and the drug addiction will just add to it. I’m not saying that I don’t think you’ll be able to change his mind because deep down babe, nobody wants to be an addict, I just know that it won’t be easy and there is a very good possibility that you and Justin could get hurt in the process.”

“You might be right but I have to try Belle, you understand that don’t you?”

“Of course I do babe. It’s who you are and that’s one of the many reasons why I love you. If you didn’t try, if you just gave up, signed the papers and let him take the money, I know how much it would worry and hurt you if something bad happened to him. You’d blame yourself.”

“How’d you know me so well?” Aden asked, unable to keep a ghost of a smile from his lips despite the seriousness of the conversation.

Belle shrugged her shoulder. “’cause I have your heart Aden, just like you have mine.”

The next morning Aden and Justin were discussing their next move when Justin’s mobile rang interrupting them. He excused himself from the room to take the call.

“Dad?” Jackson called from his seat on the sofa.

“Yeah mate?” Aden replied as he walked over to rest against the back behind his son.

“Can we do something today? It’s boring in the house!”

“Sorry buddy, this hasn’t been a very good holiday for you so far has it?” He moved his hand to ruffle the young boy’s hair affectionately. “Uncle Jay and I have some stuff that we need to sort out…..”

“With Sean?” Jackson asked.

“Yeah.” Aden sighed, hating that the situation had already, if only slightly, affected his children. “Tell you what, we should be done by lunch time so how about this arvo we all drive out to Yabbie creak and go to that pizza place you like and then see about getting you that game you wanted for the X box.”

“Really?”

“Really really!” Aden grinned, glad to have put a smile back on his son’s face. “I love you Jax, you know that right?”

“Yeah, I know dad, I love you too.” Jackson lowered his voice to a whisper at the end as Justin came back into the room.

“Sean?” Aden asked.

“Uh huh.” Justin nodded “Wants to meet us at the diner ASAP.”

“Ok, I’ll just let Belle kno…”

“Let me know what?” Belle asked coming down the stairs after putting Felicity down for her morning nap.

“Sean wants us to go to the diner.” Justin explained.

“Now?”

“Yeah, will you be alright here?” Aden asked.

“Of course, you just be careful though ok?” Belle warned quietly.

“Of course.” He parroted. “We’ll be back soon. Jax, fill mom in on the plans for this arvo yeah?”

“Sure thing dad.” Jackson grinned instantly turning to Belle and claiming her attention.

Aden and Justin offered them both quick goodbyes, both reassuring Belle once again that they wouldn’t be too long before heading out towards Justin’s car.

They reached the diner within ten minutes and entered expecting to find Sean waiting for them.

“So much for ASAP.” Aden muttered angrily when it became obvious they had beaten him there.

“It’s probably just his way of getting one up on us.” Justin reasoned. “He’ll be here soon.”

“I hope so. I hate leaving Belle and the kids wh….what? Why are you laughing?”

“Nothing it’s just…it’s really nice I guess…you are so protective over them.” Justin tried to explain.

“They are my world Jay, if anything happened to them…..God, when Jax bust his leg I was freaked out, if it was anything worse…..”

“I can imagine. It…..”

Justin was interrupted by the ringing of Aden’s phone.

He pulled it from his pocket expecting to see an unlisted number on the display meaning the call was from Sean so he was surprised when a picture of Jackson and Felicity flashed on the screen along with the word home.

“Hey, what’s up?” He asked as soon as he had the phone by his ear. “Hello….?” He said a little louder when he was met with silence. He raised his free hand to cover his other ear enabling him to drown out the sounds of the diner and hear the call a little better, the sounds of sniffing reaching him. “Jax, is that you buddy?”

“Daddy…”

That one word was enough to cause his heart to pound in his ears and his stomach to drop spoken as it was with obvious upset.

“Jackson, what is it son? What’s wrong?

“Daddy, help……”

This is just a short chap, didn't want to leave you in suspence too long! :rolleyes:

Chapter 13

“Daddy, help….”

Aden had to clutch the table next to him for support as the room began to spin around him.

“Jax, what? What is it?”

“Come home daddy, you need to come ho…..”

Before Jackson could continue or Aden could question him any further the call ended suddenly, leaving Aden with the dial tone buzzing in his ear.

“Jax….Jackson?” He cried looking at his phone and hastily tapping the screen to dial the last number.

“Mate, what’s going on?” Justin asked.

“We’ve gotta go!” Aden replied hastily turning around and rushing out of the exit, the phone still clutched to his ear. “Answer damn it! Answer the phone Jax!”

“Aden, talk to me. What’s happening?” Justin caught up to his brother when they reached the car.

“I don’t know…” Aden groaned hanging up the call “…something’s going on, we’ve gotta get home, Jax said we have to go home.”

“He said that?” Justin looked to Aden worriedly as they climbed into the car. “Sean?” He spoke the word that he knew Aden must be thinking as he started the car and screeched out of the parking space.

“I dunno?” Aden replied distractedly as he tried once again to call home. “Why isn’t anyone answering?” he snapped.

“Have you tried Belle’s phone?” Justin asked as he sped towards the house paying little regard to the posted speed limits.

“Yeah.” Aden sighed running his free hand through his hair whilst continuing with his attempts to contact somebody at the house. “Come on, come on!”

“We’ll be there soon mate.” Justin tried to reassure and calm his brother. His own heart was pounding and his palms were slipping on the steering wheel so he couldn’t imagine how Aden must have been feeling.

“God, Justin just…..just hurry up!”

The further five minutes it took until they pulled into his street were the longest of Aden’s life. He was out of the car and running towards the door before Justin had come to a full stop. He froze momentarily when he saw the front door swinging open giving Justin the time to catch him up.

“Oh god! Belle? Jax?” He called rushing forwards again and into the house, Justin right behind him. “Belle?” He shouted.

A glance around the kitchen was all it took for them to see that it was empty and the house was silent giving them no clues as to where Aden’s family were.

He peered into the laundry room to check whilst Justin headed on through into the lounge and up the stairs.

Aden followed in his brother’s footsteps when it was clear there was nobody downstairs. His foot was on the bottom step when a call from Justin caused him to stumble. Fear engulfing him as he picked up on the urgency in his brother’s tone.

“Up here, quick!” Justin called.

Within seconds he had climbed the stairs and had followed Justin’s voice to his and Belle’s room.

The scene that greeted him when he reached the door caused him to freeze for the second time, his breath leaving him in an audible gasp.

Justin was crouched on the floor, hovering over Belle who was unconscious, her beautiful face bruised and bloodied. Jackson was sitting on the floor opposite his uncle, clutching his mothers hand silently as tears flooded down his cheeks.

“Belle!” After what seemed like minutes but in reality had only been seconds Aden flew into the room and dropped down onto his knees next to Justin. “Baby I’m here. Have you….is she…”

“She’s got a pulse.” Justin reassured him. “I’m gonna call an ambulance ok?”

“Yeah…yeah call.” Aden stuttered his attention focused entirely on his wife. “I’m here sweetheart. Can you hear me? You hang in there ok.” A sniff from the other side of Belle caught his attention. “Jax...oh god! Come here, come here, it’s ok, it’s alright.” He reached over Belle and clutched onto his son, pulling him over her body until he was resting against his legs. “It’s alright mate, I’ve got you now, I’m here, I’m here.” He murmured into the little boy’s hair as he sobbed against his chest, clinging onto his father’s shirt as if his own life depended on it. “I’ve got you baby ok, daddy’s got you.”

Holding onto Jackson as tightly as he could with one arm he freed up his other and used his hand to gently smooth over Belle’s hair. “Help’s on it’s way sweetheart, just hang in there.” He murmured.

Justin was standing behind him firing off information to the person on the other end of the phone when a flash of pink on the bed caught Aden’s eye.

“Felicity…Jay…”

“I’m on it mate.” Justin replied ending the call. “The ambo’s on the way ok” he added over his shoulder as he rushed towards his niece’s room.

He was back within moments a look of horror etched onto his face.

“She’s not there.” He whispered, taking a deep breath to try and fend of the nausea that was overwhelming him.

“Not…wha….how can she…. She must be there!” Aden cried trying to slide Jackson from his lap but the little boy clung on to him even tighter. “Alright Jax, it’s alright.”

“Come here mate.” Justin managed to prise the young boy from Aden allowing him to stand up and with a final glance at Belle he rushed from their room and into the nursery calling his daughters name as he went.

“Flissy…baby….” He headed straight for her crib, grabbing at the mound of blankets and throwing them to the floor. “Flissy!” He took a step away from the crib and turned a full circle his hands pulling at his hair as he prayed with everything he had that he’d spot his baby girl hiding in the corner whilst knowing deep down that he wasn’t going to.

“Oh god...My baby!” Aden groaned as he stumbled back towards his own room. “J…Jax…where was Fliss? Was she…had mom taken her do….down stairs or…or …”

The faint glimmer of hope that was flickering within Aden died when he saw his son shake his head.

“Oh god!”

Justin stood up from his position next to Belle and placed his hands onto his brothers back as he doubled over as if somebody had punched him.

“Daddy?” Jackson cried his distress obvious.

Aden straightened himself up, shrugging off Justin’s hand as his eyes travelled from his son, to his wife stricken on the floor and then to the doorway.

“I don’t…wha…I…wh…”

“Alright…Aden look at me…look at me!” Justin insisted his voice raising as he took his brothers face between his hands “It’s gonna be alright ok. We’ll find her.”

“Belle…” Aden spoke quietly.

“The ambulance will be here any second, she’s gonna be fine!” Justin wasn’t sure even as he spoke the words that they were true but he had to reassure Aden and calm him down. “She’s gonna be fine ok!” He looked to Jackson as he repeated the words. “You hear me Jax, you need to be brave for mommy yeah…she’s gonna need you to be brave.”

“The police?” Aden asked as he pulled away from Justin and crouched back down by Belle, carefully cupping her face with his hand.

“They’re on their way too.” Justin confirmed taking a seat on the bed and pulling Jackson into him.

“Roman…I need…he…he’ll be able to help.”

Aden pulled his phone out of his pocket as he spoke and quickly found the number.

Justin watched on helplessly, holding onto Jackson as the young boy clung onto him, sobs wracking his small frame.

As soon as the call was answered by Roman Aden sobbed into his phone.

“My baby Roman…he has my baby!”

Warning....**'d swear word at the end of the chap! and maybe sorry about all the ....ness :lol: Just...Jax is crying so...yeah...couldn't really write it any other way!

Thankies to Naomi for the reassurance :D She's toooo good to me! And to Carina for the lovely messages :D Your support means a lot and I enjoy feeding your addiction :lol:

Chapter 14

It took only minutes for the ambulance to arrive and as the crew set about tending to Belle Justin gently encouraged Aden to sit with Jackson in the hopes of calming the young boy down enough so that they could question him about what had happened.

Aden was trying his best to sooth him, holding him as close as he could and whispering reassurances into his hair when Charlie rushed into the room another police officer right behind her.

“Aden, what…what happened here? What’s going on? She asked her eyes rooted on the figure of her friend being tended to by the paramedics.

“He...my…Fliss…he has Fliss Charlie, you have to find…find my baby Charlie.”

“What? Who?” Charlie quickly pulled herself together her eyes averting from Belle to Aden. “You know who’s done this?”

“Sean.”

“We…we think it’s our brother Sean.” Justin elaborated on Aden’s one word answer. “And he’s taken Felicity so we need to get a move on finding them!”

“He’s taken…oh my god. Alright, did any of you see what happened? Jackson?”

She crouched down and looked at the little boy who was clinging to Aden.

“Sweetie did you see who did this to Be…to your mommy?”

Jackson responded with a gentle nod although he didn’t remove his face from where it was pressed against Aden’s chest.

“Did you recognise him Jax, the…”

“Was it Sean?” Justin interrupted Charlie’s more gentle questioning with the direct question that they needed answering.

Jackson nodded once again causing both Aden and Justin to let out small groans.

“Right, ok. I need everything you have on him.” Charlie pulled out her notebook and began writing things down as Justin fired off information to her.

Aden’s attention was caught by one of the paramedics who gestured to him.

“We’re ready to move her. Will one of you be...?”

“I’ll come with her.” Aden insisted as he tried to loosen Jackson’s hold on him.

“No, daddy no!” The little boy cried quickly becoming upset again.

“Shhh, Jax it’s alright, its ok buddy.”

“Don’t leave me daddy. Don’t leave me, don’t leave me!” Jackson cried almost hysterically, his small frame shaking with fear.

“Whoa, hey it’s alright Jax. I’ve got you, I’m…”

Aden trailed off as the reality of the situation began to sink further into him.

His wife was beaten unconscious and about to be taken to hospital. His daughter, his precious baby girl was missing. His little boy was terrified and broken in his arms.

As he held Jackson as tightly as he could he had no idea what to tell him. He was helpless and that thought more than anything else killed him.

He was murmuring nothings into Jackson’s ear as he tried to think of something, anything to say to make the little boy feel even the smallest bit reassured when Roman came bursting into the room.

“Aden wha…oh god Belle!” The older man exclaimed as he had to step aside to let the ambulance crew carrying Belle move past him towards the exit. “What’s going on?”

“Sean, he did this, he hurt Belle and he has Fliss and now they are taking Belle away and Jax is so scared and he has my baby Roman and I don’t know what to do! What should I do?” Aden’s words came out in a jumble, without pause between them as tears of pain, fear and frustration began to run down his face.

“Alright mate, alright.” Roman soothed as he came to crouch in front of Aden. “We’ll sort this ok. One thing at a time yeah.” He reached out and placed his hand on Aden’s neck. “I promise you son, we’ll sort this.”

Aden nodded as he took a deep breath to calm himself.

“I need….Belle, I need to go with Belle.”

“Ok.” Roman nodded. “Jax, mate come here, come to granddad.”

The young boy moved willingly from Aden’s embrace into Roman’s arms.

“That’s it mate, good boy.” Roman soothed holding him just as tight as Aden had been. “We’ll follow you in the car to the hospital yeah?” he asked Aden.

“Yeah….yeah thanks Roman. Justin?” Aden looked across to his brother who was standing with Charlie.

“I’m gonna head into the city and look for Sean.”

“I don’t think so!” Charlie exclaimed at once. “I have…”

“He hurt Belle. He has Felicity for gods sake! I am not just gonna sit around here doing nothing!”

“I’m not asking you to do nothing.” Charlie replied calmly. “What I need is information on Sean and why…what reasons he has for doing this.”

“It’s all about money!” Justin hurriedly told her.

“Money? Ok. Well…how about we all go to the hospital and you can fill us in in a bit more detail there.” Charlie suggested.

“But….but felicity...” Justin hesitated looking to Aden who was watching the exchange. “We have to get her back…we can’t leave her with….”

“I have patrols out looking for her already. The more information we have the quicker we’ll be able to find her.”

“Ok.” Justin agreed reluctantly with a sigh. “But once you have your statement I will be looking for that…that scumbag and god help him if I get to him before you guys do!”

Once they arrived at the hospital Belle was treated quickly, Aden only leaving her side when necessary for the scans and X-rays that were needed. It was with huge relief that Rachel informed him that his wife had sustained no serious injuries and they would expect her to wake up soon and make a full recovery.

Rachel had the nurses settle Belle into a private room and once she was there Aden asked for Roman to bring Jackson to them, needing to have his son with him.

“Hey buddy, come here.” He murmured as soon as the young boy hobbled into the room.

His request was answered immediately as Jackson made his way to him as quickly as he could with his broken leg.

“Come here” Aden repeated as he pulled him up onto his lap and held him tightly pressing kisses into his hair. “You alright baby boy huh? You ok?”

Jackson nodded and Aden let out a small sigh of relief.

“Good…good boy hey.” Aden whispered, his words muffled into his sons hair. “You aren’t hurt? He…he didn’t hurt you?”

“No, I’m ok.” Jackson whispered. “I…I’m sorry...I tried to stop him daddy, I tried.”

“Hey hey! None of that mate, you…this isn’t…you couldn’t have stopped him.”

“I should have looked after Flissy.” The little boy cried, tears returning once more.

“No mate…no” Aden muttered into his hair “You couldn’t have done anything ok? You hear me? I need you to hear me son, this is not your fault ok?”

Jackson nodded through his tears.

“Right, listen buddy I need you to brave for me for a bit longer yeah? I need you to talk to us about what happened.” He nodded his head in the direction of the door around which Charlie, Justin and Roman were gathered having followed the young boy into the room. “Can you do that huh?”

“y…yeah.” Jackson stuttered.

“Good boy Jackson.” Charlie praised as she pulled up a chair next to Aden’s. “You said back at the house that Sean did this. Who’s Sean?” She asked.

“He’s our brother! You know this!” Justin exclaimed.

“You either let me do my job or you leave Justin.” Charlie warned.

Justin responded by throwing her a dirty look but retreated to the other side of the room silently where he stood with his arms folded across his chest.

“Jax? Who’s Sean?” Charlie repeated her question and after a moments hesitation during which he looked at his father Jackson answered quietly.

“He’s daddy’s brother.”

“And have you met him properly? Before today?”

“Yesterday.” Jackson answered “He was at the diner but mommy took me and Flissy home because daddy and Justin needed to talk to Sean about grown up things.”

Charlie nodded her understanding, Justin having filled her in on the intricacies of his and Aden’s relationship with Sean.

“Ok. You’re doing really good Jax. Can you tell me what happened earlier? After your dad and Justin left the house.”

Jackson nodded again and shifted his position on Aden’s lap as he ran his hand over his head reassuringly.

“You’re doing good buddy.” he whispered into his ear.

“Da….daddy and Justin had just gone and….and mommy was upstairs pu…putting away our clean clothes.” Jackson began, his words catching every now and then.

“Ok.” Charlie nodded. “Then what happened?”

“There was a crash and then he…Sean…he was in the kitchen. He didn’t knock he just crashed in. Mommy called and asked me what it was but…but…he….he…he…”

“Alright mate.” Aden soothed as Jackson became upset again.” It’s alright baby, I’ve got you. Daddy’s got you, you’re safe ok?”

Charlie waited as Aden got the young boy to calm down again.

“When you are ready sweetheart can you tell me what happened next?” She encouraged gently.

“He ca…came really close and he…he t…told me to shut up a..and st…stay where I was.”

Aden had to supress a shudder as Jackson spoke, the scene all too easy for him to picture.

“Then…then he went upstairs and that’s when I called daddy but he heard me and…and he ca…came back down and took the phone away and he…shou….shouted at me and then he we….went back upstairs and star…started shouting at mo…mo…mommy and I could…could hear mommy cr…crying s…so I went upstairs but it t…took me a…a…a long time cause o…of my cast.”

Jackson paused for a moment and gestured to his broken leg.

“Alright sweetheart.” Charlie offered him a reassuring smile. “What happened when you got upstairs? What did you see?”

“I…I went to mommy and da..daddy’s room and…a…and Se…Sean w...w…was…wa…”

Jackson broke down again as Aden too began to cry, the idea of his son having to not only witness what had happened but to re-live it caused him an almost physical ache.

“Shhhh, alright, It’s alright.” Was all Aden could manage as Roman unable to stand by any longer approached the two of them, crouching down next to the chair and placing one hand on Aden’s shoulder the other on Jackson’s un-injured knee.

“Jax buddy, you are doing so well ok. So well! You just need to tell us a little bit more and that’s it. Can you do that mate?”

It took a little longer to get the young boy to calm down this time and Charlie was conscious of the minutes ticking by, knowing that every second would be vital in their search for Felicity.

“Granddad’s right Jax, we’re nearly done here ok I just need for you to tell me what happened when you got upstairs.”

“Mo…mommy was bl…bl…bleeding and sh…she w..was trying to get pa..past him whe…when she s…saw me and He…he stopped her and…pu..pushed her and she fell…fell over an and hi..hit her head on the…the draw…and sh…she di…didn’t wake…wake up not e…even when I…I shouted.”

“What did Sean do darling? When mommy fell over what did he do?” Charlie asked softly.

“He…he looked a…at her for a…a...li…little bit a…and then…he...he pu...pushed me do…down b...b...by her and w…went out o...of the ro…room.”

“Do you know where he went next? Did you see?”

Jackson shook his head.

“He…cl…closed the d…door.”

“It was shut when I got there.” Justin confirmed. The first time he had spoken since his earlier outburst.

“Ok. Well I think that’s enough for now. Jackson, you did so well sweetheart, you are such a brave boy.” Her professionalism left her for a moment as she leant forward and pressed a kiss to the little boy’s forehead and squeezed Aden’s arm. “I’ll …I’ll find him Aden, I promise you I’ll…..”

Her words of comfort were interrupted by the ringing of a telephone.

“That’s mine.” Justin admitted pulling the phone from his pocket. “It’s Sean!”

He had connected the call before Charlie could react.

“What the F**k h….”

“Now, now Justin I don’t think there’s any need for that kind of language do you? Not in front of the kids eh…or well the kid I suppose….Hey has Aden lost one of his cause I seem to have found one lying around…..”

• 3 weeks later...

I am soooooooooo sorry that this chap has taken so long and is probably a bit rubbish as a result!! I hope to improve on timing and quality for the next one! :D

Chapter 15

Flashback

“It hurts…it hurts so much Aden.”

Belle had been in labour for seven hours, the last three of which they had spent at the hospital. Rachel had been into the room numerous times to check on Belle’s progress and had assured them that things were moving along nicely and that it wouldn’t be too long before Belle had her baby in her arms.

“I know babe, it’ll be over soon.”

“You know?” Belle exclaimed pushing his hand from where it was resting on her stomach. “How could you possibly know!” she hissed through gritted teeth as the contraction she was experiencing reached its peak.

“Because you keep saying ‘it hurts Aden.’ I kinda got the hint about….”

“You...you…pig!” Belle cried hitting out with her hand, missing him by just a fraction as he leant away chuckling to himself.

“I’m sorry babe.” Aden grinned moving closer to her again, risking leaning his elbows on the edge of the bed and clasping her hand in his. “I’m just kidding around.”

“I know.” Belle sighed as she rested her head wearily back against the pillow. “It’s just…I…I can’t…I’m so…” She was unable to continue as tears began to roll down her cheeks.

“Hey hey! It’s alright baby. Come here.” Noticing her upset instantly Aden climbed onto the bed next to her and pulled her into his arms. “You are so close babe and you are doing so so well. I’m so proud of you sweetheart.”

“It wasn’t this hard with Jax was it? Was it this hard? I can’t remember I…it can’t have been this hard.”

“Shhh come on, it’s alright.” Aden soothed using his fingers to catch the tears dripping down her face. “Jax was a bit quicker than this I know but I guess it just means we’ve got a lazy baby coming hey? Might mean we get a bit more sleep this time.”

“Yeah, maybe.” Belle replied, the ghost of a smile appearing on her lips.

“There it is.” Aden grinned at her. “I hate seeing you in pain like this babe, I wish there was something I could do.”

“I know you do.” Belle replied with a sigh. “But it’s alright, I’ve just gotta ride it out.”

“You could always…”

“No, I’m not having drugs Aden, we’ve been over this I….” she trailed off and her hand reached out to clutch at Aden’s as another contraction began to build.

“It’s alright, I’m here, I’ve got you babe.” Aden soothed as he shifted his position on the bed so he was sitting facing her. His thumb rubbed gently against her hand as she squeezed his with all her might and his other hand pushed the hair back from her forehead repeatedly. “Alright?” he asked.

Belle was unable to form words so shook her head in answer.

“No...What? What is it babe?”

He saw her try to take a deep breath before she replied.

“I…it’s coming…I need…to…push.” She managed to pant out.

“It’s…pushing…right, ok…Rach, we need Rach.”

“Don’t…don’t leave me!” She managed to shout out as she clung on to his arm.

“I’m not, I’m staying right here, I’m just gonna push the button.” He reached above her and pressed firmly onto the call button that was above her bed. “It’s alright babe, just be calm yeah?”

“I’m trying.” Belle gasped as the contraction came to an end.

Less than a minute later Rachel was in the room and had examined Belle.

“Things are coming along beautifully Belle; you can push with your next contraction ok?”

Belle nodded her agreement as Aden came to perch on the bed next to her.

“What can I do babe?” He asked as he pushed the hair from her face again.

“Can you sit behind me?” She replied “I can lean on you then, like we did with Jax.”

“Sure. Scoot forward a bit.” He helped her move forward in the bed so that he could climb on and sit behind her. “That better?” he asked as she relaxed back into him

“Yeah, I think so.” She murmured gratefully as Rachel busied herself preparing for the birth.

“This is it babe, it’s nearly over.” Aden whispered into her ear. “You’ll have our beautiful baby in your arms soon.”

Another contraction swept over Belle before she could reply and they continued at short intervals for the next twenty minutes as she pushed with everything she had.

“I can’t…I…I can’t anymore.” She cried as she fell back against Aden in a brief lull between pains.

“You can babe, you’re doing it.” Aden encouraged.

“He’s right Belle.” Rachel agreed “You are so close sweetie, I can see the head. Another few pushes that’s all this is going to take.”

Belle let out a short moan as another pain built. Encouraged and helped by Aden she sat forward and began to push again.

“That’s it Belle, just like that keep going, keep going.” Rachel coached. “OK, I need you to stop pushing for just a second. The head is out Belle and I just need to check on the cord ok. Just pant for me sweetie.”

Belle followed Rachel’s instructions and let out short sharp breaths, fighting the strong urge to continue pushing.

“Hurry Rach, please.” She groaned

Aden looked on helplessly, whispering words of encouragement.

“All done, push when you are ready.” Rachel told Belle. “A big push, that’s all this baby needs.”

Rachel continued to encourage Belle as did Aden but she zoned them out as she focused all her energy on pushing her baby into the world.

A few minutes later all her hard work paid of when Rachel lifted their baby into the air.

“You’ve done it Belle, congratulations, you have a beautiful daughter.”

“It…it’s a girl!” Aden exclaimed as he held the hair back from Belle’s face as she rested her head against his shoulder. “It’s a girl babe, we have a girl.” Tears streamed down his cheeks as he pressed kisses into Belle’s hair.

“Is she ok?” Belle couldn’t relax or let herself begin to enjoy the moment until the question was answered.

“She’s perfect.” Rachel answered as she snipped the cord. Almost instantly the baby let out a loud wail. “Shh, it’s alright little one, let’s get you wrapped up.” She laid the little girl onto the blanket the assisting nurse was holding and wrapped it snuggly around her before lifting her into her hands once again. “Let’s get you to your mommy.”

Belle’s gaze was firmly trained on the bundle in Rachel’s hand and as soon as it was placed in her arms she let out a gasp.

“She’s beautiful! Hello my girl.” She whispered “Aden look.”

“I see sweetheart.” Aden grinned as he rested his chin on Belle’s shoulder, his fingers brushing over the light covering of fair hair on his daughter’s head. “Hey there baby girl, I’m your daddy.”

“And I’m your mommy.” Belle added. “And you are the most beautiful baby girl in the world. We love you so much.”

“Mommy’s right angel, and we’re the luckiest mommy and daddy in the world aren’t we huh?”

“She needs a name.” Belle murmured as Aden gazed lovingly at his daughter. ”Are we gonna stick with the one we chose?”

“Yeah, I think it suits her.” He whispered as he took hold of the tiny hand that his baby girl had managed to wriggle free from the blanket.

“So Felicity it is then.” Belle grinned as she lowered her head and dropped a delicate kiss on to her daughter’s nose.

End flashback

Jackson was the first to notice Belle stirring in the hospital bed.

“Mommy!” He exclaimed.

Aden looked over his son’s head to see Belle’s eyelids fluttering and her hand that he was holding squeezed his fingers the slightest amount.

“Roman…”

Understanding immediately Roman jumped up from his seat and lifted Jackson from Aden allowing him to perch on the edge of Belle’s bed.

“Belle, sweetheart can you hear me?” Aden asked brushing a lock of hair from her forehead “I’m right here babe.”

“Fli…Felicity” Belle murmured as her eyes fluttered open. “Wha…”

“Whoa, babe, you need to lie back.” Aden pushed against her shoulders as she tried to sit up.

“What…Sean was...he…Jackson! Baby, are you alright?” As soon as her eyes landed on her son Belle tried to sit up again only to be stopped again by Aden.

“He’s fine, babe he’s fine.” he reassured her as he cupped her face with his hands “Just…” He trailed off. He was about to tell her to relax but knew that it was a futile request.

“Felicity…Where…I was dreaming about…where is she, where’s Fliss?”

Aden leant forward and pressed a kiss against Belle’s forehead to avoid her eyes for a moment and delay the moment when he had to tell her what had happened.

“Aden, where is she? What’s going on?” Belle demanded. “Where’s Fliss?”

“She…oh god…she…” He had to stop as a sob burst over his lips “I’m sorry Belle, I’m so sorry!”

“Aden, mate this isn’t your fault.” Roman insisted as he placed a reassuring hand onto his shoulder.

“What? What isn’t…Why are you sorry? Where is she Aden? Where’s my baby?” Anxiousness flooded over Belle as she tried to sit up again and this time it was Roman who had to stop her as Aden was trying to compose himself enough to explain to her what was going on.

“Honey just lie back until we can get you seen to yeah?” Roman suggested as he removed his hand from Aden’s shoulder and placed it onto Belle’s leg.

“I…My baby…Aden please, where’s my…our baby? Where’s our girl?” Belle cried.

Aden took a deep breath and raised his hands to cup Belle’s face.

“Se…Sean has her.” He whispered.

“He…no he can’t she….she was…Aden no, please no!”

“I’m sorry, I’m so sorry! I should have just signed for that money…none of this…oh god…it wouldn’t have happened if…I’m sorry, I’m sorry.”

“It’s…we….” Belle was unable to carry on as she was overwhelmed by emotion. Aden collapsed into her and she grabbed onto him, both of them letting all their pain and fear show.

Jackson, held tightly in Roman’s arms began to get upset again so he soothed him before turning his attention to the couple.

“Come on guys, it’s gonna be alright ok. We will get her back. I promise.”

“Wh…what’s happening? Are they looking for her? We need to go and….”

“Charlie has people out looking.” Aden explained “And Sean has called.”

“He…What did he say?”

“Justin spoke to him. He just said Fliss was…that he knew where she was and that we knew what we needed to do to get her back.”

“So…so why are you here?” Belle cried pushing him away from her. “Go! Go sign those papers and then he…he’ll give us our baby back. Go and sign them Aden go…go!” She screamed pushing against him.

“It’s not…we all have to go together Belle so we have to wait for him to call us back. He said he’d call when he was ready and that we had to follow his instructions, no police just me and Justin.”

“Where is he…Justin I mean?”

“He’s with Charlie, they are trying to trace the call, see if they can find out where Sean is at least.”

“So we…we just have to wait?” Belle asked her voice breaking.

Aden sighed as he reached out to catch the tears running down Belle’s face. “Yeah, we wait.”

• 1 month later...

*hangs head in shame* A month since the last update! That's sooooooooooo bad and i am truely sorry, i shall try my very best to make sure it doesn't happen again!

Now this chap....There are quite a few swear words....all ***ed but i feel i should warn in advance! It just wouldn't have worked for me without them and i hope you can forgive them and understand when you read it! so...without futher ado.....

Chapter 16

The traumatic events of the past few hours had taken their toll on Jackson and, cuddled up next to Belle on her bed he had cried himself to sleep.

Aden was sitting on a chair pulled as close to the bed as possible. One of his hands was clutching Belle’s and his other alternated between wiping tears from her cheeks and running through his sleeping son’s hair.

It had been an hour since he had told Belle what had happened to their daughter and they were still waiting on Sean to contact them again.

Aden glanced at the clock as he had done at least once every minute for the past sixty, the second hand seeming to him to take an eternity to complete the journey around the face.

“It’s taking too long.” He murmured into the silence that had fallen upon the room. “What’s taking him so long? She’ll…she’ll be hungry and…and her soother…I bet she hasn’t got it and…and…”

“Alright mate.” Roman soothed coming to stand behind Aden resting his hands on his shoulders. “She’ll be alright. Belle she’ll be fine ok?” He added as she was unable to hold back a sob at Aden’s words.

“It’s not alright Roman!” Aden snapped. “It’s nowhere fu…”

“Aden.” Belle warned as Jackson stirred in her arms.

“Sorry.” He sighed brushing his hand through Jackson’s hair until he settled back into a peaceful sleep again. “I…just…Why hasn’t he called? I can’t stand this waiting… knowing that she’s out there needing me. She’s my girl, my baby girl; I’m supposed to protect her.” He trailed off into a whisper as he leant forward and dropped his head, burying his face in the blanket covering Belle’s legs.

“Shhh.” Belle whispered as she threaded her hands into his hair as his shoulders began to shake with the sobs that he could no longer hold back.

For the next few minutes the only sounds were Aden’s sobs and Belle’s quiet attempts at soothing him. They remained in the same position until Justin appeared at the door.

“Aden…mate…”

“Has…he’s called?” Aden jumped up from his seat and faced Justin as he entered the room.

“Yeah.” Justin replied. “He’s organised an appointment at the solicitor’s office. We need to be there in an hour.”

“So what…do we…is Charlie coming with us or….?”

“Did he mention Fliss?” Belle asked interrupting Aden.

“He said….she’s…I could…she was crying, I could hear her in the background.” Justin told them almost reluctantly. “He said she was alright just…grumpy.”

It was obvious to Aden that Justin had edited what Sean had said about Felicity but he was just relieved to hear that Justin had heard her, letting them know that even though she was sad and most probably frightened and missing them she was well enough to vocalise her upset.

Belle began to cry once again at Justin’s answer and Aden had to battle to hold himself together as he turned to her to wipe away her tears.

“I know babe, I know.” He murmured, leaning forward to press his lips against her forehead.

“What else did he say? Roman asked.

Justin took a deep breath and ran his hand through his already messed up hair before answering.

“He said that he will meet us at the office in an hour. He has Fliss in some place that’s abandoned, no chance of anyone hearing her. Nobody else knows what he’s doing so if we try anything, bring the police or whatever…he said…he said he’ll leave her there until the deal is done and then call after he’s clear of us to tell us where she is. He was adamant that if he got busted he wouldn’t talk and she would be…he would let her…”

He trailed off unable to continue but knew from the sobs and gasps that Belle, Aden and Roman all understood what he had left unsaid.

“Oh god…you have to…please Aden…please…our baby…find our baby…don’t let her...she…all alone and…please… get her back…”

Belle’s words were barely recognisable through the sobs that wracked her body.

“I’ll find her. I promise Belle, I’ll get her back.” Aden whispered into her hair as he held her tightly. “I’ll get her back.”

“I still don’t know about this.” Aden muttered uneasily from the back of the car they were travelling in to the city. “He said no cops.”

“He won’t know I’m a cop.” Charlie replied from the driver’s seat, casting a glance at Aden in the rear view mirror.

“And if he sees you dropping us off?”

“We tell him she’s my girlfriend or something.” Justin replied.

“I just….It’s my baby. I need her back. I promised Belle I’d bring our baby back I…I can’t…I won’t…”

“Aden, it’s going to be ok.” Charlie soothed. “I know this must be so hard for you.”

“You have no fu…no idea” Aden growled, only just managing to rein in the bad language. “I just don’t see why we can’t just let him have the god damned money and then we get Fliss back.”

“Because we need to find out where he is after he let’s you have Felicity back. You must want him punished for this.” Charlie responded.

“I don’t give a s**t Charlie! I don’t care what happens to him! I care about Felicity and that’s it. I just want her home and safe and in my arms. If you…god if this gets f*****d up and he…” Frustration, anger and desperation finally got the better of Aden as he started to shout.

“It won’t get…It will be fine.” Charlie tried to reassure him but knew her words were falling on deaf ears and if she were honest with herself she couldn’t blame Aden at all.

“Mate.” Justin was sitting in the passenger seat and turned as much as he could to face his brother. “Listen to Charlie. It’s going to be fine. We will get her back ok? You just need to calm down a bit.”

“I…I can’t.” Aden answered running his hands over his face and through his hair. “I can’t Jay, not until I have Felicity back. I just…I can’t. I have no idea how I am gonna stand in that room with him and not rip his f*****g head off for what he’s done.”

“I know bro. me too.” Justin murmured back in reply. “But we’ll have to…for Fliss.” He whispered.

Aden nodded in response taking a deep breath as he realised they had pulled onto the street where the solicitors was situated.

“You alright mate?” Justin asked as he and Aden walked together into the reception of the building.

“Nope, not even close.” Aden replied his fists clenched at his sides as his eyes darted around the room, looking for Sean.

“We’re early.” Justin muttered as he looked at his watch “Let’s sit.” He nodded over to the leather couch in the corner but Aden shook his head.

“I…can’t…I just…”

Justin nodded his understanding as he left Aden to pace whilst he spoke quietly to the receptionist.

“He’ll see us as soon as Sean arrives.” Justin explained to Aden as he moved to sit down on the couch. He kept his eyes trained on his brother who nodded his head in answer. “Aden, you…”

He trailed off when the door crashed open and was on his feet in an instant, his hand clutching Aden’s shoulder when Sean walked over the threshold.

“Hey boys, nice to see you.” Sean greeted them cockily.

It took every ounce of restraint Aden had to keep his fists at his side. His fingers were clenched so tightly he could feel his nails cutting into his skin.

“You bas…..”

“Mate.” Justin warned pulling Aden back as he stepped towards their other brother.

“It’s alright Justin…our baby bro here isn’t that stupid are you Aden?” Sean spoke quietly. “He knows what’ll happen to his little lovely if he does anything stupid…I wonder how long she could last without….”

“I’ll kill you! I swear to f*****g god Sean if one hair on her head is hurt I’ll hunt you down and I’ll f*****g kill you!” Aden growled.

Sean had the gall to laugh and this time it was Justin’s turn to battle with the rage he was experiencing.

Before he had a chance to vocalise his anger the door crashed open again this time revealing Charlie who was talking animatedly into the phone she had clutched against her ear.

“No…you can’t, that house is…don’t you dare….do not hang up on…you….he hung up on me!” she exclaimed to the three brothers, two of which were staring at her incredulously as she began to push buttons on her phone. “Damn caller ID!” She shouted as her call went apparently unanswered. “Look, awkward question but could one of you guys loan me your phone?”

Aden looked to Justin who shrugged his shoulders the slightest amount

“Er...I er…don’t have mine with me.” Aden muttered somehow knowing that this was what Charlie wanted.

“No credit.” Justin replied almost instantly.

“And you handsome?” Charlie asked Sean.

“I’d love to help sweetcheeks but me and my brothers here have some important business to attend to.”

“Two minutes.” Charlie turned her full gaze onto Sean. “Please. I’m here to sort out divorce details and the ex is trying to screw me over and…”

“Just give her the phone Sean; you can pick it up on the way out.”

Justin’s plea was timed perfectly as the solicitor Aden had dealt with previously opened his office door.

“Mr Jefferies?”

All three brothers looked to him and with a sigh Sean pulled his phone from his pocket.

“You better be here when we come out.” He muttered as he handed it over to Charlie.

“You can count on it.” Charlie winked at him “Might even have programmed my number in if you’re lucky.”

Sean grinned at her over his shoulder as he followed Aden and Justin into the office.

“…and this is binding right?” Sean asked as he signed his name underneath Aden and Justin’s “These two can’t change it or…”

“No this is a legal contract Mr Jefferies, no changes can be made now that you have all signed.”

“And the money?”

“I will put in a call to the bank and have it transferred into the accounts you have provided details of as soon as you have…”

“Now…do it now.” Sean exclaimed.

Aden could feel the tension flowing through his body and didn’t think he’d be able to stay in the same room as Sean for much longer without doing something he’d regret.

“Excuse me?” the solicitor replied somewhat taken aback at the aggression.

“The bank…call them now!”

“I…I”

“Please mate.” Justin stepped in seeing the solicitor’s obvious discomfort. “It’s pretty important we get this money as soon as…family stuff you know…?”

“Yes…I…I understand.”

Within a few minutes the solicitor had placed a phone call and ensured an instant transfer of the money into each of their accounts. Justin thanked him and he nodded his acceptance as he showed them to the door of his office.

Sean, the first to enter the reception area cursed when he found it empty save for the receptionist.

“That…the b***h has stolen….”

“Your phone Mr Jefferies.” The receptionist called from behind her desk as she nodded to the handset placed in front of her.

“Sweet.” Sean grinned. “I guess I’ll be needing this.” He added as he picked up the phone. “Don’t call me I’ll call you.” He chuckled as he made his way to the door.

He had just made it onto the pavement when a hand grabbed him from behind.

“Aden don’t!” Justin warned but his call fell on deaf ears as Aden slammed Sean into the wall of the building.

“You have no idea how much I want to kill you right now Sean. I mean it I want you f*****g dead.”

“That wouldn’t be too bright now would it?” Sean replied seemingly unruffled even in his current predicament.

“No…because as much as I want that, I want my baby back a million times more. I’m telling you now though Sean if there is anything…anything hurt or broken on my girl when I get her back I will spend the rest of my life hunting you down and you will f*****g pay for this!”

“Jeez! Wind your neck in pretty boy! I haven’t hurt the brat, she’s…”

“My daughter Sean, She’s my f*****g world do you understand that? Do you have any idea how much effort it is taking to not to just…s**t you hurt my wife, terrified my son and you have my baby girl god knows where…you don’t deserve to be still breathing!”

His hand was tightening its hold on Sean’s shirt, getting closer to his throat and making it more difficult for him to breath.

Finally realising how serious Aden was Sean began to talk.

“Look I…I…this wasn’t…s**t it’s all just got…Just let me go and I’ll tell you where she is…I won’t…seriously just let me go man.”

“Aden, do it mate, let go.” Justin encouraged “Let him go and then we can go and get Fliss yeah? He’s gonna tell us where she is right Sean?”

“Right…yeah…yeah. Just let me go and I’ll jump in a cab…look there’s one here now” He gestured to the car on the other side of the street. “I’ll jump in and I’ll call Justin’s phone and I’ll tell him where she is…it’s not too far from here, you can have her in ten minutes if you put your foot down.”

“If you’re lying….”

“I’m not Aden honest I’m not.”

After a moments hesitation and a final nudge against the wall Aden loosened his hold and as soon as he was free Sean stepped out of his reach and made his way backwards towards the cab, keeping his eyes trained on his brothers as he pulled his phone from his pocket. “I’ll call.” He shouted waving the phone in their direction as he stepped from the curb “I swear I’ll….”

“Sean watch….”Justin shouted

The rest of his words were drowned out by the loud blaring of a horn and then the sickening thud of Sean’s body as it collided with the car speeding along the road.

Sorry!!!!!!

*runs and hides*

• 3 weeks later...

Just the one ***ed swear word in this one...Hope you all enjoy it :D

Chapter 17

The world seemed to go in slow motion for Aden whilst he watched in horror as his brothers body was flung into the air upon impact with the car and then landed on the ground with a sickening thud.

He stood frozen to the spot as he watched Justin run into the road and crouch down next to Sean. What seemed like minutes later but in all reality was only seconds Charlie came running from the coffee shop a few doors down from the building they had just left. She was talking hurriedly into her phone and was followed by the two plain clothed police officers she had arranged to meet to help with the search for Felicity.

“Don’t move him!” She called to Justin who had his hand placed against Sean’s neck, feeling for a pulse.

“Has he…is he…” Aden managed to stutter out as he finally got his brain working and made his way slowly into the middle of the road.

“There’s a pulse.” Justin called over his shoulder. “It’s weak but he has one.”

That was all Aden needed to hear to spurn him into action and as he crouched down next to Sean he reached out his hand to shake him.

“Where is she? Sean wake up, where is she?”

He pushed again at Sean’s lifeless body, not caring that his actions could cause further damage. All that he was thinking about was Felicity and the fact that Sean was the only person who knew where she was.

“S**t…Sean wake up…You…Where’s my baby…Where is she.”

His shaking became more forceful until Charlie put her hands on his shoulders and began to pull him away.

“No! Charlie, you don’t…he didn’t tell us where…we still don’t know…”

“Aden, calm down.” She insisted as he fought against her pull.

“Calm down…Calm down? How do you…He…He’s the only one who knows where Fliss is and now he’s…what if…what if he dies and…oh god! What if we don’t find her in time and…”

“Aden, listen to me.” Charlie looked to Justin, asking him without words to help her out.

Leaving Sean in the capable hands of the two officers Justin stood up and took Charlie’s place behind Aden, pulling him away from their brother.

“Mate, listen to Charlie.” He said when they had enough distance between them and Sean for Charlie to slip in front of Aden and look at him.

“It’s alright Aden. We think we know where she is.”

“You…what?! Where?”

“I took the numbers from Sean’s call history and we’ve just been calling all of them. One of them was for a storage Facility not too far from here and…”

“Is she there? Is Fliss there?” Aden asked.

“I…we don’t know yet. We’d only just called when…we know that Sean called last night and hired a lockup so…”

“So let’s go.” Aden cried. “What are we waiting for?”

“I’ve put in a call and I have a car on the way there, the…”

“Do you know where it is? We have a car; you said it was close…”

“Aden I…”

Aden had already pulled away from Justin and was looking at Charlie imploringly.

“Charlie please…its Flissy…my baby Charlie, I have to be there.” He begged the tears that had been threatening finally overflowing and running down his cheeks. “Please Charlie.”

She looked to Sean and saw that her colleagues seemed to have that situation under control and she could hear the shrill ringing of an ambulance siren approaching.

“Alright.” She agreed after taking a deep breath. “Let’s go.”

Charlie drove as fast as she could and within ten minutes they pulled up outside the office at the entrance to the large storage facility. Behind the office building they could see row upon row of metal storage sheds.

There was a police car already parked outside and before Charlie could stop behind it Aden had already pushed open his door and was climbing out.

He crossed the short distance to the office in a run and barged in shouting at the police officers as soon as he was over the threshold.

“Where is she? Is she here?”

“Sir if you’ll just….” One of the policemen began before Charlie entered the building and interrupted him.

“Sergeant Buckton…” She held her police badge out for everybody to see. “How are we doing here?”

“I was just explaining to your colleagues here…” The receptionist looked at the policemen and then back to Charlie “…Company policy means that unless you have a warrant then….”

“Warrant? What…my fu….my daughter is out there somewhere. Just tell us which shed...”

Aden was trembling with rage as he leant forward and tried to turn the computer monitor to face him.

The receptionist jumped back in fear and both of the policemen grabbed hold of his upper arms to restrain him.

“Get…get off!” He cried. “My baby, I just want my baby!”

“Hey mate, calm down.” Justin placed his hands on Aden’s shoulders. “It’s alright mate.”

“It’s not Justin, they won’t…I need…they…”

“It’s alright.” Justin repeated. He dropped one hand from Aden’s shoulder and reached into his pocket pulling out a key attached to a small yellow plastic key ring. “I took this out of Sean’s pocket before we left. I take it it’s as good as a warrant? It has the number on.”

The receptionist looked at the key ring and noting that it bore the logo of the company and had the shed number clearly marked on it nodded her head. “Left out the door, fifth row, about halfway along.”

The directions had barely left her lips when Aden pulled the key from Justin’s hand and hurried out of the door at the opposite side of the office to the entrance.

Justin, Charlie and the two police officers were right behind him as he ran towards the shed they had been directed to.

He slowed slightly as they reached the correct row, reading the numbers displayed on the door of each one. His heart was pounding as he finally reached the number they were looking for.

“Fliss…Flissy, baby.” He cried, nausea overwhelming him when the only sound he heard was the sound of his own heart beating and the footsteps of the others behind him.

“Here, let me.”

Justin noticing that Aden was shaking so much he couldn’t fit the key into the padlock on the door took it from him and hurriedly unlocked it, pulling the chains free.

“Baby!” Aden gasped when Justin pulled open the door to reveal an old fashioned playpen, Felicity sat in the middle of it.

Her chubby cheeks were bright red and stained with tear tracks and once she spotted Aden more tears began to fall down them. They barely had chance to touch her cheeks before Aden had crossed the room and lifted her into his arms.

As soon as he had her clutched against his chest his legs buckled beneath him and he fell to his knees.

“I’ve got you.” He sobbed in between pressing kisses to the top of her head. “Daddy’s got you Fliss. Daddy’s here.” He held her as tightly as he could without hurting her, his hand brushing repeatedly over her hair.

Charlie gave him a few moments before she approached.

“Aden, is she alright? Is she hurt at all?”

“I don’t…” Reluctantly Aden loosened his hold on the baby girl and moved her away from his body so that he could look her over properly. “It’s alright sweetheart, I’ve still got you.” He murmured as her cries increased at the loss of contact with him. “She looks ok.” He told Charlie as he brought her back into his chest.

“That’s great.” Charlie sighed in relief and he heard Justin do the same behind her. “We’ll get her to the hospital to be checked over just in case.”

“Yeah…Northern districts though. I need to get her to Belle.”

Charlie thought about disagreeing with him, usual protocol would mean taking Felicity to the nearest hospital. But looking at him, tears of relief running down his cheeks and falling into the hair of the baby girl he was holding as if his life depended on it she realised there was no way she could disagree with him.

“Alright, whenever you are ready.” She told him with a reassuring squeeze to his shoulder.

Justin took her place next to Aden as she moved away and crouched down next to him, his hand coming to rest on his nieces back.

“Hey there pretty girl, we missed you.” He whispered as the baby looked at him and reached out a small hand to his face. He couldn’t resist pressing a kiss to it as Aden lifted his eyes from Felicity’s face to watch.

“Understatement!” Aden laughed dryly as he brushed more kisses into his daughter’s hair. “Let’s get you to mommy hey baby.” He added as he stood up and followed Charlie out of the shed.

Aden spent the entire journey back from the city staring intently at his baby girl who was nestled into the car seat that Charlie had thought to bring along. He had been reluctant to place her in it, not wanting to let her out of his arms until she was in Belle’s but Justin and Charlie had managed to convince him that Felicity’s safety was more important.

Charlie had also thought to bring along a bottle of milk which much to his relief settled Felicity and by the time they reached the hospital she was dozing soundlessly.

He lifted her as gently as he could from her seat but she still awoke and let out a small whimper.

“Shhh baby, it’s just me. It’s just daddy.” He murmured, sighing with relief when his words had the desired affect and she snuggled contentedly against him.

He hurried into the hospital building. He had spoken to Belle on the phone and managed to tell her through both of their tears that Felicity was alright but he knew that she’d need to see her with her own eyes and feel her in her arms before she’d fully believe it.

Within less than a minute he was pushing open the door of Belle’s room and he heard her gasp as he entered.

She was sitting up on the edge of the bed, her hands wringing nervously in her lap. Before she had a chance to get to her feet he was standing in front of her, lowering their daughter into her arms.

“My…my baby” Belle sobbed as she buried her face into the little girls hair. “Oh my baby, I love you, I love you so much.” Like Aden’s had previously her tears fell onto the little girl and she could taste them on her lips as she repeatedly pressed kisses against her head.

She remained like that for a few minutes, feeling Aden’s eyes upon her the whole time. She looked up at him eventually and saw the tears pooling in his eyes. “Come here.” She whispered, reluctantly letting go of the little girl with one hand and reaching out to take hold of his.

He took it willingly and let her pull him so that he was sitting next to her on the bed. He dropped her hand and wrapped his arm around her shoulder, his other hand coming to rest on Felicity’s back.

“Thank you.” She whispered “Thank you for bringing our girl back.”

“Hey, I promised didn’t I?”

• 4 weeks later...

Well, my muse has come out of hiding (He was under Naomi's sink for some reason!!!!) and i've finally got this chapter finished!! I have a heap of fluff to follow so i'm sure this is the last of the angsty stuff....and it really isn't that angsty!! Hope you all enjoy it :D :D

Chapter 18

It had been three hours since Aden had returned to the hospital with Felicity. The baby girl was still cradled in her mother’s arms and had only left them for a few minutes when Belle reluctantly handed her over to Rachel so she could quickly examine her to make sure that she hadn’t suffered any injury in the time she was away from them.

Much to Belle’s displeasure Rachel had insisted that the injuries she had sustained warranted an overnight stay in hospital. The doctor upon seeing her distress and knowing instantly the reason for it pulled a few strings so that Felicity, Jackson and Aden could all spend the night with her.

Justin and Roman had both remained at the hospital with them to offer their support and Justin helped Charlie as much as he could, answering questions about Sean and what had gone on to save Aden from having to.

Charlie had spoken to the hospital in the city and informed them that Sean was in a stable condition but Aden and Justin both insisted on not wanting to hear anymore about the brother who had caused so much pain and upset for them.

“So, I’ll go and pick up this stuff now then.” Justin stood up from his chair with a list that Belle had written clutched in his hand.

“Thanks mate.” Aden replied.

“I’ll give you a lift, leave you guys to get settled for the night.” Roman told them as he too stood up.

“Alright, and thanks for everything this arvo.” Aden said as Roman pulled him into a hug.

“Anytime mate, I just…god I wished this hadn’t happened at all but everyone’s ok now, that’s all that matters.”

“Yeah it is. But like Aden said, thanks so much.” Belle repeated as Roman leant over and dropped a kiss onto her cheek.

“Like I said, anytime!” Roman repeated. “Hey big man, you alright?” he asked Jackson who was snuggled up next to Belle.

“Yeah, I’m ok granddad.” The young boy answered with a half hearted smile.

“You didn’t eat much of your pizza.” Roman gestured to the takeaway box on the side that Justin had called for and had delivered thinking that his nephew was more likely to eat that than hospital food. Jackson just shrugged his shoulders in response. “Well, tomorrow you can have lunch at the diner and I’ll do you a granddad special huh?”

“Ok.” Jackson’s lips rose into the full smile that Roman had been looking for.

“That’s better. Sleep tight buddy, love you.” Roman ruffled the young boy’s hair before planting a kiss onto his forehead. “And you princess.” He added doing the same to Felicity who was lying contentedly in Belle’s arms. “Night guys.”

Aden and belle both wished him a goodnight and Jackson raised a hand to wave as he left the room followed by Justin who promised to be back with their things soon.

“Granddad’s right buddy, you didn’t eat much.” Aden said running his hand through Jackson’s hair. “You ok?”

“Not hungry.” Jackson replied cuddling closer into Belle.

“Alright baby.” Belle pulled him tighter into her side and pressed a kiss into his hair. “You’ve had a big day huh?”

Jackson nodded his head and then much to Aden’s dismay he watched as a tear trickled down his cheek.

“Jax! Come here buddy.” He sat forward on his chair and lifted Jackson from the bed and onto his lap. “Shhh, it’s alright, don’t cry.”

It took a few minutes for Jackson’s tears to subside enough for them to talk to him.

“Baby, you wanna talk to me and daddy?” Belle asked.

Jackson nodded and took a deep breath as Aden gently wiped the tears from his cheeks. “I was scared that…that Flissy would be gone for ever.”

Aden sighed deeply as Belle nodded.

“I understand baby but look, she’s here and she’s fine.” Belle lifted her arm to show Felicity who was smiling back at her big brother.

“And happy to see you.” Aden added reaching out a hand to take hold of his daughter’s, smiling at her as he wiggled it and she chuckled. “See?”

“Yeah, I see.” Jackson murmured.

“Mate listen.” Aden shifted the little boy slightly on his lap so that he could look him in the eye. “What happened today….I would do anything…anything to change it. To make it so you never had to go through that. You have been so brave though Jax. Your mom and I are so, so proud of you buddy.”

“We really are.” Belle added.

“I…I wanted to help you mommy, I didn’t want you to get hurt.”

“Baby I know you didn’t.” Belle leant forward and took hold of Jackson’s hand squeezing it reassuringly.

“You did help Jax, you called me.” Aden reminded his son. “You could have got hurt if you did anything else and that’s the last thing we’d want. We love you so much.”

“I love you too.” Jackson replied winding his arms around Aden’s neck and burying his face into his shoulder.

“Alright son, I’ve got you now. You’re safe ok? I promise I’m going to keep you safe.” Aden murmured into his hair.

Justin returned as promised a short while later. He dropped off the bag full of things for them then left, telling Aden that he was going to clean up at the house for when they returned the next day.

Belle pulled pyjamas out of the bag for the children and she changed Felicity whilst Aden helped Jackson. Once he was ready Aden settled Jackson into the other hospital bed in the room, tucking the blanket snuggly around him.

“Alright mate, you all comfy?”

“Yeah I’m ok.” Jackson replied quietly. “Daddy?” he asked after a pause.

“Yeah mate?” Aden replied.

“Will you lie by me?”

It had been a long time since the young boy had made that request to him but after what he had been through that day Aden wasn’t at all surprised.

“Course I will son, shove up a bit.”

As he climbed up onto the bed Aden looked over to Belle who looked up from Felicity to meet his eyes and flashed him a reassuring smile. He knew the two of them needed to talk and he was desperate to hold her in his arms and attempt to kiss away the pain that he knew she must be experiencing. He smiled back at her then lay his head onto the pillow next to his sons.

“Come here buddy.” He pulled gently on the little boy who snuggled willingly into his arms. “I’m right here ok?” He whispered into Jackson’s ear. “You’re safe now so just sleep tight.” He brushed kisses into his hair as Jackson nodded.

Within ten minutes of lying down Jackson was asleep but Aden remained next to him for a further ten just to make sure he was completely settled. He climbed off the bed as carefully as he could and crossed the room silently to perch on the edge of Belle’s bed. “How’re my girls doing?”

“We’re ok.” Belle replied “Missy here is all ready for goodnight kisses I think.”

“Yeah? Don’t wanna put her down?” Aden guessed as he watched Belle’s hold on their daughter tighten.

“Nope.” Belle replied. “But I know I have to. Here.” She kissed the baby girl then slid her gently into Aden’s arms. “You can put her down.”

“Come on then bub, come to daddy.” Aden smiled a grateful grin at Belle as he lifted Felicity into his arms. “Who’s my best girl huh? You’re such a god girl aren’t you?”

“She is.” Belle replied as she lay back against her pillows and watched as Aden cuddled and kissed the little girl before laying her into the cot that Rachel had arranged.

“She really is.” Aden repeated “And we love you so much pretty girl. Dream sweet dreams beautiful. ”He brushed a final kiss into her hair as he tucked the blanket over her and then slowly moved away.

“You think she’ll go off ok?” Belle whispered as he sat down onto the chair next to her bed.

“So far so good.” Aden whispered back when Felicity remained quiet. “I guess we’ll soon see.”

They sat in silence for a few minutes. Belle’s eyes were trained on her daughter in the cot and she could feel Aden’s on her.

“I’m alright Aden.” Satisfied that Felicity was settled she turned on the bed so she could face her husband directly.

“What?” He asked snapping out of the almost trance like state he had fallen into.

“I said I’m alright.” She repeated reaching out to take hold of his hand and bringing it to rest on the bed next to her, still entwined with her own.

“How…how can you even say that….look at you Belle.” He pulled his hand from hers and brushed his fingertips gently across the bruises on her face.

“It’s just a few cuts and bruises babe, I’ll live.”

Aden sighed deeply and ran his hand through his hair. “You shouldn’t…It’s not…god Belle I thought…for a second when I walked into our room and saw you bleeding and…I thought you were…that he had…”

“Babe.” Belle interrupted knowing where Aden‘s train of thought was taking him. “Don’t do this ok. I’m fine and Fliss is fine. We’re all safe.”

“But you…this is…I should have…” Aden was struggling to string even a few words together but was determined to carry on. He took a deep breath and continued. “This was all my fault Belle, I’m sorry. I am so, so sorry.”

“What? Hey look at me!” Belle cried as Aden dropped his head into his hands. “Aden!” She reached out and pulled at his arm until it dropped onto his lap and then placed her fingers under his chin, forcing his head to lift up until his gaze met hers. “You listen to me because I am only going to say this once ok? This is not your fault, you did nothing to cause this and there is nothing you could have done to stop it.”

“I could have just signed the papers Belle.” Aden replied quickly before she could continue. “If I’d just signed them, no question, none of this would have happened.”

“Babe, we decided together to try and get Sean help first.”

Aden laughed dryly

“Well we sure helped him didn’t we? I mean really, we couldn’t have made it any easier for him to…god to beat you and to take our child. ”

“Aden, c’mon there is no way any of us could have guessed that he’d do what he did.”

“But…I left you alone and…I should have been there!”

“I…I know there is nothing that I can say that is going to make you stop thinking that. I know that you would do anything to keep me and the kids safe and I love you for that Aden but I also really love the guy that would sacrifice thousands of dollars to help his brother. Honey, what’s done is done, we can’t change it. Yes I got hurt but it’ll heal no lasting damage. Fliss being gone was…it was…I can’t even put it into words but she’s back and she’s safe and that is because of you.”

“I had a little help.”

Belle was relieved to see the corner of Aden’s mouth twitch in a slight smile.

“You put her back into my arms like you promised. You comforted Jax and made him feel safe enough to sleep, that’s all I care about Aden, you and me and our babies being together and being safe.”

“That’s all I want Belle, that’s all I ever want.”

“I know. There’s only one other thing I need right now.” Belle whispered.

“What babe? What do you need?” Aden jumped up from his chair looking around the room as if searching for whatever it was she wanted.

She giggled at his reaction and reached out her arm to grab his hand.

“I need my husband to hold me and kiss me and make me feel safe just like he did with our children.”

Aden let out a sigh as a full smile finally lit up his face. “That I can do sweetheart.” He kicked off his shoes and climbed up onto the bed next to her sliding an arm under her head as she lifted it up for him. “How’s that?” he asked as his other arm wrapped around her waist.

“Perfect.” Belle replied simply. “I love you.” She added after a brief pause.

Aden pressed a short sweet kiss against her lips being careful not to apply to much pressure “I love you too baby, so much.”

• 3 weeks later...

Chapter 19

“No….No…don’t hurt her...Not my mommy…Help…daddy help!”

It had been two weeks since the incident and each night since Aden had been awoken by Jackson’s, Belle’s or his own nightmares.

He felt Belle stir next to him but whispered that he’d go and see to their son.

He stumbled a little as he climbed out of bed and pulled on a pair of boxers then made his way along the short corridor rubbing his bleary eyes.

“Jax….Jax buddy it’s alright.” He murmured as he entered the little boy’s room and perched on the edge of his bed.

Jackson was curled up tightly in the middle of his bed, now awake but with tears streaming down his cheeks.

“It was just a dream son, you’re safe now.” Aden whispered brushing his hand tenderly over Jackson’s hair and down his back. “I’m here ok, I’ve got you buddy.” He leant down to place a kiss on his head and felt Jackson’s arms curl around his neck preventing him from sitting up. “Alright buddy, it’s alright, c’mon.” He took hold of Jackson’s hands and unwound them then before the little boy could say anything lay down in the space next to him and pulled him against his chest. “That better huh?”

“Yeah.” Jackson whispered in between sniffles.

“Good boy mate.” Aden murmured in reply. “You go back to sleep, I’ve got you.”

After a few minutes the sniffles from the young boy stopped and then a few minutes after that his breathing slowed as he fell back to sleep. Aden decided to close his own eyes for just for a moment whilst he made sure that Jackson was fully asleep.

The next thing Aden knew sunlight was streaming in through the window and Belle was gently shaking his arm.

“Babe…Aden, come on, you’re gonna be late if you don’t get up now.”

“Huh? Wha…what time is it?” He asked sleepily, carefully extracting his arm from underneath Jackson so he could look at his watch.

“Just before seven thirty.” Belle told him before he could look for himself “And you’re supposed to be meeting Justin at the diner at eight.” She reminded him.

Aden let out a groan as he stretched and then rubbed at his face.

“I missed you when I woke up.” Belle added as she ran her fingers through his hair as he turned on the bed to face her properly.

“Sorry.” He reached out to tuck a lock of hair behind her ear. “I lay down to settle him after his dream and then I guess I must have just nodded off myself.”

“We haven’t been doing too well on the sleep front lately have we?”

“Not really.” Aden answered simply “I’m sure it’ll settle down soon though. Jax settled much quicker this time than he did the other nights so that’s something and you’ve been good the past few nights right?”

“Yeah, I’ve been ok.” Belle nodded. “What about you?” She asked. Aden hadn’t woken her at all during the past week but she knew he didn’t always react to his dreams and if he had been having them it was unlikely that he’d worry her by talking about it.

“I’m fine.” He replied as she knew he would.

“Ok.” Belle nodded deciding that right then wasn’t the time to get into a big discussion. “Come on, you better make a move otherwise you’ll be late and I have to get our son up and ready for school.”

“Alright, I’m up, I’m up!” Aden replied leaning forward to peck a kiss on her lips before climbing out of the bed and making his way out of the room.

“Here you go mate.” Justin placed a mug of coffee on the table in front of Aden then sat down opposite him. “Looks like you need it…rough night?”

“Jax had another bad dream; I spent most of the night in his bed.”

“Ah Jeez, poor kid! What about Belle? Is she still having them?”

“Not for a few nights.” Aden replied.

“And you?” Justin asked.

Aden shrugged his shoulders and looked down into his coffee to avoid Justin’s gaze.

“Come on bro, you can talk to me.” Justin pushed.

“Every night” Aden sighed. “I dream about it every night…about what could have happened to Fliss, what did happen to Belle, what Jax went through...”

“God Aden…maybe I shouldn’t have moved out.”

A beach front apartment had become available the week before and Justin had snapped it up and moved in straight away not wanting to miss the opportunity.

“Jay, it’s fine, you needed to settle into your own place and there’s not much you could do…we’re fine…well, we will be.”

“Maybe you should get away for a little while…the holidays are coming up soon right?”

Aden nodded. “Yeah I guess we could go somewhere it’s just…”

“The money?” Justin guessed. Even though it had only been a matter of weeks since he and Aden had been back in touch he had quickly picked up on how the other man felt about things.

Aden sighed again “It just…it seems wrong to spend it after…after everything.”

“Look mate, out of all of us you deserve that money.” Justin insisted. “Sean…well let’s just say that whatever that car did to him when it hit him, he deserves ten time worse! With any luck he’ll be in the clink for so long that he won’t be able to do anything with his share when he does get out! That’s if that hot shot lawyer friend of yours leaves him with any of it.” He added referring to the fact that Morag was looking into someway of having Sean’s share of the inheritance taken from him. “I…I got out before things got too tough at home but you…not only did you go through all the stuff with…with him but you had to put up with dad and all that crap too…you earned that money Aden.”

“I hadn’t really looked at it like that.” Aden admitted.

“Well you should start.” Justin pressed “That money can change your life Aden…yours and Belle’s and your kids. You deserve it.” He repeated.

Aden nodded and a slight smile began to creep onto his face.

“You’re already plotting aren’t you?” Justin grinned.

“I might have an idea or two.” Aden replied leaning forward on the table. “What you said about us getting away…”

After numerous phone calls to Belle in his breaks and a few hours of her time on the internet whilst Felicity was napping by the time Aden returned home from work they had agreed on a destination for their holiday and had booked flights and a place to stay. There were still lots of things for them to organise but as soon as Aden walked in the door Belle told him about another booking she had made and his face lit up in delight.

“…Seriously? Have you told him yet?” he asked nodding through to the lounge where Jackson was watching TV.

“No! Of course I haven’t. I wanted to wait for you. He’s gonna be so excited.”

“Yeah he is.” Aden agreed. “Let’s go tell him.”

He took hold of her hand and led her into the other room only dropping it so that he could pick Felicity up from her play matt on the floor.

“Hey there baby girl.” He crooned as he cuddled her against his chest. “Mommy and I have something very exciting to tell you and your brother.”

“You do?” Jackson asked looking up from the television.

“We do.” Belle replied with a smile as she sat down next to him wrapping her arm around his shoulders. “Babe…”

She looked to Aden as he sat down on the chair and settled Felicity onto his lap.

“You want me to…” He checked.

Belle nodded and Aden winked at her before starting.

“Ok…so it’s your birthday coming up soon right?”

“Yeah, in five weeks and six days.” Jackson replied.

“Not that he’s counting.” Belle laughed.

Aden chuckled before continuing. “So, we’ve kind of organised something today…for your birthday.”

“A party?” Jackson asked excitement clear in his voice.

“Not exactly.” Aden replied “More….breakfast.”

“Breakfast?” The disappointment was clear in the little boys tone.

“Yeah breakfast…not here; at this place called Chef Mickey’s, it’s supposed to be pretty cool.”

“Chef Mickey’s? Is it in the city?” Jackson asked his interest piqued again.

“No, it’s a bit further away than that. It’s in this little place called….called…what was it called again babe?”

Belle laughed as Jackson looked at her awaiting her reply.

“Oh I think it was Disney something…”

“Dis…Disney world?” Jackson cried “We’re going to Disney world?” he tried to jump up form the couch seeming to forget about the cast encasing his leg.

“Watch the leg!” Aden laughed as Belle caught hold of Jackson and pulled him back down next to her. “If that breaks again we won’t be going anywhere!”

“Really though? We are really really going to Disney world?”

“Really really!” Belle replied whilst Aden beamed at them and nodded.

“This is so so cool! When do we go?” Jackson asked.

“In five weeks” Aden answered. “As soon as school finishes for the holidays.”

Jackson was literally bouncing up and down with excitement and Aden felt like doing the same, just seeing his son so happy made his heart swell. Belle’s smile was as wide as Jacksons and he knew she was feeling just the same as he was. He almost wished they’d booked it for sooner so they didn’t have to wait but knew that they had to wait until the school holidays for both him and Jackson and this way it meant that Jackson would have the cast off his leg by the time they travelled.

“This is the best news ever!” Jackson exclaimed “and I’m gonna have the best birthday ever!”

“Yup.” Aden agreed “I think you are!”

• 1 month later...

*pretends not to notice the 2 month (!!!!!) gap since last update*

So....here we go...it's holiday time :D

Chapter 20

For the five weeks following the announcement of their holiday the Jefferies family kept themselves busy with researching all of the places they wanted to visit whilst in Florida. Their excitement and enthusiasm was so contagious that the small family holiday had grown to include Roman and Leah who were accompanying Eden as well as VJ and, much to Aden’s surprise, Justin.

As there was a group of them going they had changed their accommodation to a Villa and hired a mini-van for transportation to and from the various theme parks they had purchased tickets for.

They had also decided to split the travelling up a little for the sake of the children with an overnight stay at the airport hotel in San-Francisco before the final five hour flight to Orlando.

“Have we got everything babe?” Aden asked Belle as she packed the last of their overnight things into a carry on bag.

“Err…yeah, I think so.” She replied sweeping her eyes over the room one last time. “Just this for you missy.” She added picking up a pink blanket from the bed and handing it to the baby girl in Aden’s arms.

“Thank you mommy.” Aden grinned tucking the blanket under the arm that was supporting his daughter.

“My pleasure. Now, I’ve got the carry on, Flissy’s baby bag, you’ve got your bag…does Jax have his?”

“Yup, and he and Jay took the pushchair down with them. I think we’re good to go babe.”

“I think we are.” Belle grinned back at him, excitement clear on her face. “Let’s get this show on the road…again.” She added with a giggle.

“Uncle Ade, can I be by the window now?”

They were two hours into their five hour flight across the states and had already swapped seats amongst themselves a number of times. Aden was now sitting with Justin and Eden had just plonked herself into the aisle seat that Jackson had vacated.

“That’d be up to Justin.” Aden replied looking to his brother who was sitting in the desired seat.

“Uncle JJ?” Eden smiled her sweetest grin at Justin who chuckled at her tactics.

“Uncle?” he questioned.

“That’s what Jax says.” The little girl responded her smile slipping. “Can you be my uncle?”

“Course I can! Come here pretty girl.”

Aden laughed as she climbed over him and settled happily onto Justin’s lap wriggling around until she was comfortable with her elbows leaning against the side of the plane and her nose pressed to the window.

“First my boy now my favourite niece….anything else you wanna steal?” he teased Justin good naturedly.

“What can I say…”Justin grinned. “…I’m just better than you.”

“Whatever. Just as long as Belle doesn’t succumb to your…charms.”

“You don’t have to worry about that mate. As much as it pains me to admit it she only has eyes for you.”

Aden couldn’t help but smile and nod, knowing that Justin’s words were true. “Yeah, she does. She has great taste my wife.”

“Whatever.” Justin laughed copying Aden’s previous comeback.

They were silent for a moment as Eden shifted her position turning to face Aden, cuddling into Justin’s chest.

“You tired sweetheart?” Aden asked reaching over to brush the hair from her forehead.

“Uh huh.” Eden nodded “But I don’t want to miss Cinderellys castle out the window.”

“Aww, baby girl.” Aden smiled and couldn’t resist leaning in to press a kiss to her sweet cheek. “We won’t be there for a long time yet and even then I don’t think we’ll see Disney from the plane but I promise to wake you up just in case.”

“And I’ll wake him up.” Justin teased. “You go to sleep princess.” He dropped a kiss to the top of her head and tightened his hold on her as she snuggled into him.

He kept his eyes trained on her and smiled a few minutes later when her breathing slowed to indicate she had already fallen to sleep.

Aden occupied himself for a few minutes scrolling through the channels on the seatback TV. When nothing took his interest and he was sure Eden was asleep he turned back to his brother.

“So, talking about only having eyes for one person….”

“Were we?” Justin questioned with a sly grin. “I thought we were talking about Cinderelly’s castle.”

“Nu-uh. No changing the subject.” Aden warned light heartedly. “You know where I’m going with this.”

“Yeah I do.” Justin sighed deeply. “Am I crazy?”

“Well….” Aden pondered for a moment and then shifted as much as he could in the seat so that he was facing his brother. “…She’s hot, I’ll give you that.”

“Yes she is.” Justin agreed with a nod.

“But she has….baggage.” Aden settled on the most diplomatic word he could find.

“Rebound?”

“Amongst other things. Charlie and Angelo have only been broken up for a few months and they were together for a while, on and off. There’s other stuff too but that’s up to Charlie to tell you about not me.”

“You mean about Ruby? She told me she was her daughter.”

“She tell you anything else?” Aden asked.

Justin shook his head and tried to hold back a grin.

“We didn’t exactly spend too much time talking if you know what I mean…?”

“Yeah, I do, thanks for the mental image, just what I wanted!!” Aden teased. “Seriously though, just be careful Jay. I don’t wanna see you hurt. Ok?”

“Yeah, yeah!” Justin replied “Just you remember that I am the big brother. Just 'cause you are all sensible and settled and loved up doesn’t mean I can’t kick your ass for sticking your beak in.”

“Whatever!” Aden laughed. “Now that’s outta the way I’m gonna go snuggle up with my girls and get a few hours shut eye. You good here?”

Justin looked down to the sleeping girl in his arms and then back to Aden.

“Looks like I’ll have to be.” He grinned

After their flight had landed they had made it through the customs area quickly and without incident. Aden and Roman waited in the queue for car hire whilst Belle and Leah collected the keys for the villa leaving Justin and VJ in charge of the children.

They entertained them during the short wait with talk of the places they were going to visit over the coming weeks and then they all watched on with amusement as Roman and Aden loaded the luggage into the car, a task that was difficult due to the large amount of luggage coupled with limited space.

Eventually the car was loaded and they all settled into their seats for the drive to their villa the address of which Aden had programmed into the sat-nav which they had hired with the car.

For the first ten minutes of the journey there was lots of chatter particularly from Eden who had her nose pressed against the window and was exclaiming over the scenery they passed and helpfully pointing out each building that wasn’t the castle she was so looking forward to seeing for the first time. Before too long the motion of the car soothed both her and Felicity to sleep and the rest of the group remained quiet so as not to wake them.

“Dad, are we there yet?” Jackson called from the back seat after thirty minutes.

“Not much longer buddy.” Aden called back flicking his eyes to the rear view mirror and winking at his son who met his gaze.

“Yeah, it says another ten minutes on here.” Roman added nodding to the sat-nav screen. “Bet you are ready for bed, hey mate?”

“What? No way! I wanna go in the pool! Can I mom? Can I go in the pool?” Jackson had been looking forward to using the Villa’s private pool as soon as possible.

Belle turned in her seat to look at him and laughed when she saw the hopeful on his face.

“I suppose so….as long as somebody is out there with you and….”

“I’ll be out there dude.” VJ interrupted ruffling the younger boy’s hair.

Belle offered VJ an appreciative smile and then continued. “As long as you are both quiet, we need to get the girls into bed. We’ve got an early start in the morning; Eden will explode if we don’t get her to that castle soon!”

“So we’re doing Disney tomorrow then?” Justin asked.

“Yeah, well the magic kingdom.” Belle replied.

“We thought we’d just do a couple of hours there to satisfy Eden and then head to a supermarket to stock up properly and spend the rest of the day relaxing at the villa.” Leah added.

“Sounds like a plan.” Justin grinned. “I reckon we’re gonna have an awesome few weeks.”

“Here here!” Aden and Roman both replied from the front seat as the others nodded in agreement.

Archived