Bendict Samuel gets casted

Guest Romeo&Indi Forever

His older brother Xavier scored his breakthrough role as Riley in the big-screen adaptation of Eclipse, part of the The Twilight Saga, and now 23-year-old Adelaide actor, Benedict Samuel looks set to follow in his footsteps with a stint as one of Home and Away's newest brooding bad boys.

Benedict, who last year graduated from the National Institute of Dramatic Art (NIDA) and will also be seen in upcoming Aussie teen drama Slide, joins Home and Away in the guest role of Harman or "Hammer" to his mates, one of a gang set to rival the River Boys.

'I come in to uphold [my brother's] honour and stir up the Bay,' Benedict tells The Herald Sun. 'I'm hired muscle, which is kind of ironic since I'm the skinniest person you've ever met. There's a lot of pursed lips and steely looks.'

Benedict would have no doubt picked up some industry tips along the way from Xavier, already a Hollywood veteran with five films under his belt since last year's Eclipse, including A Few Best Men with Olivia Newton John.

The last time the Sunday Mail caught up with Benedict's more famous brother, the duo were heading off on a road trip in a beaten-up Ford Falcon from Sydney to Adelaide for the family Christmas do.

The boys bought the canary yellow Falcon in 2009 for just $500. Something tells us they'll both be able to afford a smoother ride these days.

Of course, theatre runs in the blood of the Samuel family - the boys' sister Bridget often works on sound and lights for the State Theatre Company.

Meanwhile, all this time spent at Summer Bay could very well see Benedict giving his brother a few lessons - Xavier has just signed up to star in the 1970s surf drama Drift alongside fellow Australian Sam Worthington.

Better start working on the tan, boys.

Source.

http://au.tv.yahoo.com/home-and-away/news/...hers-footsteps/

This is already being discussed in the Spoiler forum, and our rules stipulate that content should not be copied and pasted from the official site (a request made by them).

As such, discussion may continue in the spoiler forum.

Archived