Revelations

Guest Zetti

Thanks for the fantastic comments. I have spent all morning writing this before I go to work...

Warning: I doubt anyone will like the ending...

Part Twenty One

'You feel better?' he asked as Irene made them a cup of tea after she had a shower and put Mia to sleep.

'As good as I can be' she vaguely said as she lowered herself onto the sofa smiling at Irene who gave her the tea.

'Haven't they said anything about Rob?'

'No. They are just wary of how long it has taken for the swelling to go down. They have taken him out of the coma the medical one but he just lapsed into another coma. His body is struggling.'

'How much has it gone down by?'

'Well put it this way, it was 100% when he first went in and now it is 93%'

Irene placed a hand on Nicole's arm. 'Are they going to be putting him on the ventilator?'

'Most likely, they will do, yes'

'Gawd, poor Rob'

Roman jumped as the phone rang. He looked at Nicole as she went pale.

He answered the phone. 'Hello?'

'Oh right. Okay sure'

'Its for you Nic. Reema?'

'Hello' she said as Roman handed her the phone. She made her way into the other room so she couldn't be overheard.

'Hello Mrs Rosetta' it took Nicole a few moments to register that was her name. She hadn't gone by that name for at least 18 months.

'It is Reema from the solicitors. Regarding your petition for divorce'

'Right' she simply replied not really knowing what else to say.

'Sorry to call so late but I have been informed that Mr Angelo Rosetta has decided not to contest your decision for and is pending paperwork also is willing not to fight you on settlements'

'So what are you saying?'

'Well if you wish to proceed then your divorce can be finalised within 10 weeks'

Nicole was stunned. She didn't realise that Angelo was willing to do anything that she wanted.

At that moment she realised what he was giving up and she realised in a split second that she didn't want him to have to give up on anything that he wanted.

He shouldn't have to lose the business that he had spent so long building to her especially when her heart was still his.

She couldn't see herself loving anyone else and she knew it was true because she was in love with Aden and Geoff.

Furthermore she knew without a shadow of a doubt that she wouldn't be able to say the same thing about the extremity of the situation if she was with them in the same position that she was currently in.

'Mrs Rosetta?'

'Sorry. Can I get back to you. Can you pause the process?'

'Of course but are you sure?'

'Yes'

For once Nicole was sure that she knew what it was that she wanted and she had to make sure that she did all she could do in order to get there.

'Hold on. Am confused. You are not contesting the settlement?'

Angelo nodded his head and carried on when Roo failed to respond due to shock.

'I won't hurt Nicole any more than I already have. I hurt her so badly & she doesn't need any more stress.'

'So you are giving up then?'

'I destroyed our marriage. I don't deserve anything'

Roo sighed. Don't write your marriage off. Even Roman is coming around.'

'Has he?' he said with a hint of disbelief.

She nodded.

'He told me a few days ago. He really wants to see Nicole happy and since she has forgiven you then he can accept that. Nicole knows her own mind and she will do what is right for you all'

Angelo looked at Rob as Roo stood up. '

Need the ladies. I will be back.'

He merely nodded. He placed his hands on Rob's arm. 'Mate. Come on. We need you to wake up. Please?'

Sid walked in. He looked at Angelo and the next thing Angelo was a sudden movement. He spun his head from Sid to Rob who had begun to have a seizure.

Sid moved into action as Angelo stood in shock not knowing what to do to help Rob.

Roo eased Angelo out if the way as Sid pressed a button & other nurses came running in to the room to help.

'...300milligrams of....' Angelo heard

‘Bag him’ Sid said as Roo ushered Angelo out of the room. Angelo was still dazed and he wasn’t exactly sure what was going on.

Roo made him sit down. His whole body had gone into shock and he was struggling to take it in. He didn't know what to do but he got his phone out and was going to call Nicole but Roo intervened.

'Just told Roman and Nicole. They are on their way'

'What about Mia?'

'Irene'

Nicole ran to the room where Rob had been. She found it empty and she had no idea what to make of it.

Angelo found Nicole & Roman stood outside the room a few moments later where Rob once lay.

Her face was red raw and tears were still flowing in force. He walked up to her and gently placed his hands on her shoulders.

'It’s okay. He had a reaction to the medication'

Roman frowned 'He has been on the medication for ages. Why now?'

'His body was struggling because of the meds. Now they have moved him to a different med.’

'What does that mean?'

‘Its not clear yet but the swelling is going down, it looks good but they are cautiously optimistic.

'Where is he?'

Angelo gestured to a room on the corner. He looked at Nicole. 'He is with the doctor right now.'

'Sid?'

He shook his head and said 'You know him' Angelo smiled briefly before moving aside as Nicole made her way to the room where Rob lay with a very confused look on her face.

Nicole was befuddled as she walked to the room followed by Roman, Angelo decided it was best that he wasn’t there when she found out & she gasped as she walked in.

'Hey princess' she heard him say. For a moment, she was gobsmacked

'Wow.' Roman said as he took it in.

Nicole did the first thing that she wanted to do and she slapped him. Aden knew it was coming and didn't bother stopping her. A nurse asked if he wanted to call security. Roman had to cough to stop him laughing as Nicole glared at her father.

'It’s okay. I deserved that one.'

Nicole moved away from him and despite herself she smiled. 'It is good you are back.'

'I missed a lot didn't I?'

'Oh yes. I have 2 kids'

'With Angelo, right?'

Nicole smiled. She was glad he was back. She had moved on but he was her best friend and in one way her brother.

'Well Rob isn't his biologically but he is his dad. And we have Mia as well'

Roman smiled. 'So how is Rob?'

'Improving. The swelling is slowly depressing itself.'

Nicole moved to the bed. She placed a kiss on Rob’s forehead and whispered. 'Come on baby'

Angelo walked in and out of respect Roman & Aden walked out.

Nicole said to Angelo. 'Close the door.'

'What is it?' he said once he returned to the bed.

'Were you really going to give me everything?'

He nodded 'You don't deserve to lose out because of me'

'You gave me my life back. I wouldn't have Rob or Mia without you.'

'Well Mia was a team effort' he said with a hint of a grin

She blushed as she remembered the night that Mia was conceived.

'I told my solicitor that I was going to pause the divorce. '

'Why?'

'I don't know if I want to divorce you. I initially made that decision when I was angry and now things are in perspective. Rob has been my main priority and you haven't run away even though biologically you aren’t his dad.'

'DNA makes no difference to me. I was there when he first started to walk. When he said his first word'

Nicole smiled as she walked around the bed so that she was face to face with him. She could smell his aftershave and she couldn’t deny the simple fact that she really wanted to kiss him but she shook her head slightly and looked at him.

'You know I am not ready to go back to how we were but...' she paused to lock her eyes on Angelo who had a neutral look on his face '....I do want us to try again.'

‘Are you sure? I can’t see your father liking that’ but she didn’t care as she leant into him and he lowered his lips towards her slowly so she could pull away if she wanted to be, she looked into his eyes and then she kissed him. It felt normal and right to her

‘Since when did my dad dictate my life?’ she responded crossing her arms across her chest as they pulled away from each other with a smile on their faces.

She heard a slight coughing sound & she looked over at the bed, Rob’s eyes had begun to flutter open. Nicole sighed a breath of relief as his eyes fully opened.

Angelo held her in his arms and Rob managed to keep his eyes open but a few moments later, disaster struck. Rob began to have a seizure, his pupils were dilated and he began frothing at the mouth.

Angelo had to physically restrain Nicole as the nurse ran in the room. ‘Please step away from the bed’ she said as Nicole buried her face in Angelo’s chest. She was sobbing her heart out and Angelo didn’t know what to do.

Aden ran in the room. ‘Nic, you need to leave the room’

Angelo nodded when Aden gestured to the door and he made Nicole go with him. She wasn’t really resisting, she just didn’t know what to do next.

She pushed herself further into Angelo’s chest and he enveloped his arms around her, he wasn’t going anywhere now.

Aden walked out about 15 minutes later and Nicole looked up but stayed in Angelo’s arms. Aden already had tears falling out of his eyes.

‘I’m sorry…’

‘No, please… don’t…please’

‘He passed away’ Aden said as his face crumpled. He had barely known Rob and his heart felt like it had been ripped out and stomped on. It brought back all the memoires and feelings

‘NOOOOOO!!!!!!’ Nicole collapsed on the floor crying her heart out.

Angelo scooped her up but he couldn’t help but cry himself.

Both of them could barely take it in that they had lost Rob, their son, their darling son.

:ph34r: & thats the end.... I did say you wouldn't like it...

Comments

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived