Revelations

Guest Zetti

Story Title: Revelations

Type of story: Long Fic

Main Characters: Nicole, Angelo, Rob and Mia plus OC’s

BTTB rating: Teen

Genre: Angst

Does story include spoilers: No

Any warnings? Sexual Content, V/D & Language.

Summary: Nicole and Angelo have been strong for 5 years, but their relationship lies in tatters, can they get back to where they want to be?

I would recommend reading Realisations, the link to the story can be found on my profile before reading this one :) Enjoy and comment

Part One

‘I am not arguing with you again Rob’

Nicole had had enough of repeating the same thing again and again, it was driving her insane.

She had her reasons for keeping her children away from Angelo. She didn’t mind being the bad guy if it kept her children safe.

Rob whined ‘I want to see Daddy!’

‘Not today’ Nicole said fixing him with a look that said it all; she wasn’t going to argue with him again.

Her daughter piped up ‘Mum. Are we going to have ‘sagne’ today?’

Nicole smiled at her daughter, she always wanted lasagne. It was one of the things she loved about her daughter ‘Maybe, if you are good’

‘Promise’ she said with a smile on her face. She wished that her daughter could stay at that age, where sadness meant nothing because a hug would make her feel better.

Rob was sulking when Nicole pulled up and got out of the car ‘Come on then’ she said to the kids as she opened the door.

Rob pulled himself out and in a split second, his face went from a grimace to a grin as he looked towards the house.

He ran and Nicole turned. She sighed, Angelo was waiting for them. She shook her head as she picked up Mia. ‘Rob! Stop and get back here’ she said with a tone that nearing a growl.

Rob knew that his mother was serious and so he stopped and turned around. ‘Please?’

Nicole hated seeing her son in pain but she had to keep them safe ‘Come here’ she said with finality and Rob gave in. He didn’t understand why he couldn’t even see his own father but he accepted it.

‘Get in the car.’ She said as she unlocked it. She placed Mia in the car seat and Rob got in next to her.

‘Wait here’ she said as Angelo approached them. She locked the doors and made sure that the kids couldn’t open the window.

‘I just want to see them’

‘Well the restraining order, made it pretty clear, that you are not allowed anywhere around me or them’ she said crossing her arms, clearly showing him that she was serious.

‘Please, just let me say hi’ he begged.

Nicole looked at him and said ‘No, you better go before I call the police’

Angelo groaned ‘I am not gonna stop trying to see my children’ he warned her as he made his way to his car.

‘Your actions are going to get you into trouble’ she said

‘It will be worth it to see my kids’

Nicole glared at him ‘Apart from the fact that only Mia is actually biologically yours’

Nicole wished she could have taken it back as she saw the colour drain from Angelo’s face. He had no response, he got into the car.

Before he drove off, he moved his eyes into hers and she saw the pain in his eyes, but she remained adamant that he wasn’t going to be allowed anywhere near her or the children.

They came first; she had to put them first. She opened the door and Rob got out, he was going to ask what had just happened but he saw his mother’s pained face and so just walked to the house door feeling more confused than he was before he had seen his dad.

‘He did what?’ Roman said as Nicole closed the door to Mia’s room.

‘Shh. She has only just fallen asleep’

‘You cannot be serious’ he said as she peeked into Rob’s room where he was fast asleep.

‘Dad!’ she said as he raised his voice yet again.

‘Sorry’ he said but didn’t actually mean it.

‘Come on, I will get you a whisky. I think you need it’

Roman sighed as he sat on the sofa. Nicole walked back in and gave him the glass. ‘Thanks’ he said as he downed it one.

‘I just need to keep the kids safe, I just hate the looks that Rob gives me when I say no’

‘Nic, he will understand’

‘Will he?’ she asked, feeling like crying yet again. She had been an emotional wreck the past few weeks. She missed Angelo but he had constantly brought pain and misery into her life, if it was just her then she would be able to cope but it was affecting Rob and Mia.

‘Of course he will. You are his mother’

Nicole sighed. She hated the way it tore the kids apart, she loved them more than anything in the world.

‘He is their father’

‘He doesn’t deserve the title’ he said sternly sensing that Nicole might be wavering.

‘He needs to see them; I can’t keep hurting the children can I?’

‘Nic, he hurt you or have you forgotten that’

Nicole fixed a glare at Roman. ‘Do you really think that I have forgotten?! I was there’

‘Exactly, he doesn’t deserve compassion or kind thoughts, he is a jerk’

Roman’s phone beeped ‘Ah, better go, will you be okay?’

‘I will be fine Dad, go’

He placed a kiss on Nicole’s forehead and he walked out. Roman walked to his car, he hated how torn Nicole was but he knew that she was strong enough to know what to do.

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Managed to get this done before I go and enjoy my dvd night! :) Please comment x

Part Two

Angelo groaned as he woke up the next morning, he moved his arms towards the other end of the bed but he encountered a cold and empty side. He opened his eyes as he remembered that he lived alone.

That thought haunted him every day, he has just about got used to the fact that Nicole didn’t want to see him but he hated not seeing the children.

He had decided to try and get the restraining order so that he could at least see the children. His heart broke more and more every moment that passed without him being able to his children.

Despite what Nicole said, they were both his children, it didn’t matter to him. He loved them both more than anything in the world.

He loved Nicole as well but he didn’t think it was going to be enough, he knew he had hurt her really badly, and he wasn’t sure if either of them could go back to where they were.

He heard his phone and he fumbled around his nightstand and found it. ‘Hello’

‘Angelo’

‘Nicole’ he breathed, he never expected her to ring him. He was not sure exactly what to expect

‘I have to say this; I have filed for custody of Rob and Mia’

Angelo felt like she had just punched him ‘You cannot be serious’

‘I am, the safety of my children come first’

‘Our children’ Angelo added

‘Mine, you have no claim to them after what you did’

‘You have no idea, how much I wish I could take it back, I honestly wish I could’

‘You should have never have done it in the first place!’ she added allowing herself to get angry.

Angelo wanted to hold her then, he could imagine how much she was hurting, he hated himself every single day since because of what he did, he never meant to go as far as he did.

Every day it tore him up and he did not know what to do, he wanted to try and fix but how can you fix something that is already broken?

‘I know, I wish I could take it back but you cannot take the children away from me’

‘You cannot be trusted around them. You cannot even stay away from us when I have a restraining order against you’

Angelo breathed in ‘Nothing I say is going to make you see my view is it?’

‘No, I have made my mind up’

Roo knocked on the door ‘Angelo?’

He gestured for her to come in ‘Fine, but I will fight all the way’

‘Fine, see you in court’ she said bitterly

He hung up the phone and threw it down on the bed.

‘Here’ Roo handed him a cup of coffee. ‘Drink’

‘Thanks’ he took the cup of coffee ‘You didn’t have to move in you know’

Roo smiled, ‘You made a mistake, and it should not mean you are condemned to be alone’

‘I hit her’ he admitted for the first time since Nicole and he had actually split up.

‘What?’ she said not sure if she had heard him right. Roo was under the impression that they had fought verbally, she never imagined that he actually hit her.

She moved away ‘You actually hit her’ she asked needing to be clear.

He nodded ‘I did’

‘How many times?’ she found herself asking him

‘Does it matter?’

‘I have defended you, it matters’ she said with conviction

‘Once’ he said truthfully ‘I hated myself as soon as it happened’ he said defending himself. He didn’t want Roo to hate him.

‘I cannot believe you, Roman and I split up because I believed you!’ Roo spat out.

‘And I hate myself, I can’t change what happened, and I have accepted that Nicole and I are over, but I am not going to give up on my children, I can’t give up on them!’ he desperately said trying to make Roo see that he cared about his children.

‘I get it, but you should have told me before. I can’t stay here now. I will move out today’

Angelo groaned and got out of his bed ‘You don’t have to do that, I will go’

‘You own the place, and I would rather go, to be honest, I don’t want to be here’ she said before closing the door.

Angelo sighed to himself, he was doing a hell of job making everyone hate him, and he hated himself so no one could make him feel worse than he already does.

Thanks Lisa for reading. :)

Part Three

Nicole sat on the sofa, she didn’t want to hurt Angelo or the children but she didn’t know if she could trust him around the children, they had to come first.

‘Mama!’ Mia ran in.

‘Hello baby’ she opened her arms and Mia jumped into them

‘Thanks Dad’

‘No problem… I kind of promised them ice cream’ he said with a sly smile on his face

‘Oh did you?’ Nicole looked at Mia ‘I don’t think so’ she said knowing that Mia was going to sulk and true to form, that’s exactly what she did.

She had Angelo’s eyes, and it physically hurt Nicole to see her looking sad but she didn’t waver. ‘Homework’

Mia picked up her bag and went to her room, slamming every door she could find on the way.

‘Are you okay?’ Roman asked but Nicole didn’t get a chance to respond as Rob decided to walk in.

‘And where were you?’

‘I wanted a drink.’

‘All right, go on homework, and if you are good, I might get pizza’

Rob’s face lit up and he ran up the stairs. ‘Don’t run!’ Nicole called up but Rob didn’t stop. Nicole shook her head and got up off the sofa. ‘Do you want a drink Dad?’

‘No, I am fine, we need to talk. Sit’

She sat back down, ‘What?’

‘So, have you told Angelo about your bid for custody?’

She nodded and then started to cry. Roman hugged her. ‘He is not worth the tears.

She spoke through the tears; ‘This is going to tear the children apart, Dad, I don’t want to hurt them.’

Roman sighed and hugged her closer ‘they will get over it, Angelo is a b*st*rd who hurt you’

‘Shh, the kids are only upstairs’ she reprimanded him and stood up. ‘I need a drink’

She walked to the kitchen and opened the fridge. She pulled out a bottle of orange juice and poured it into a glass.

‘Hello?’

‘Roo?’ she said as she turned around.

‘Sorry. I need to talk to you’

Roman walked in. ‘What’s going on?’

‘I am sorry, Angelo just told me the truth’ Roo said as her barriers broke and she started to cry. Roman didn’t even think, he just walked up to her and held her. He whispered into her hair ‘It’s okay, don’t worry, you are not alone’

Roo had managed to calm herself down ‘I really am sorry, I never meant to take sides, and I was just naïve enough to believe him’

‘It is okay’ Nicole said once she had put the children to bed ‘I am taking him to court’

‘I know, your father told me’

‘I need your support; I need some character witnesses’

‘No problem’

‘Count me in’ Roman said from the kitchen, he wanted to do anything and everything he could to protect his family.

‘Right, am gonna have a shower and an early night. Dad, are you okay to lock up?’

‘Yeah sure, night Nic’

‘Night Dad and Roo’

‘Night darling’ Roo said as she watched her walk up the stairs. Roman walked in. ‘She’s been so torn the past few nights.’

Roo sat back on the sofa and looked at him ‘I didn’t think about how it was affecting her’

Roman sat next to her ‘Don’t cry, it is okay, he suckered a lot of people. All that counts is that we support her’

Roo breathed in and said ‘What about us?’

Roman sighed and sat next to her ‘I don’t know, do you want there to be an us?’

Roo nodded. ‘I never wanted us to split up in the first place’

‘But you understand why?’

She nodded and moved towards Roman. Roman moved his face so that he was looking her in the eyes.

He kissed her easing himself on top of her. She pulled him down further on top of that. The kisses slowly got more passionate but they were interrupted by Rob who was rubbing his eyes.

Roman jumped off the sofa. He crouched down in front of Rob ‘What’s wrong?’

‘Can’t sleep, I want Daddy’

Roman picked him up. ‘Come on, I will read you a story’ Rob put his head on Roman’s shoulder and put his finger in his mouth.

Roo couldn’t help but smile at the sight, they were both so similar and yet so different at the same time.

‘Is daddy coming back?’ Rob asked Roman as he tucked him up in bed.

‘I don’t know sport, maybe’

‘I miss him’ Rob sniffed and clutched at his teddy.

‘Why don’t you try and sleep Rob’

‘Will you stay with me?’ Rob asked as he lay down again. Roman smiled and got under the covers with him ‘Of course I will, now go to sleep.

Please comment :wub: :wub:

Loz: It is a fantastic movie... :wink:

Part Four

‘Is he okay?’ Roo asked as she got into bed next to Roman.

‘Yes, he just misses Angelo’

Roo looked at Roman. ‘I can tell, he misses them both as well’

Roman sat up. ‘I can see how much it’s hurting the children but I don’t trust him around the children, he hurt Nicole’

Roo sighed ‘I know, I still can’t believe that he did that’

Roman hugged her as they drifted off to sleep.

A few days later…

Angelo walked into the restaurant with the intention of trying to take his mind off everything.

Brax approached him ‘I don’t think it is a good idea for you to be here’

‘Why now?’

‘Sales have been down for a while, and you are the cause’ he said honestly.

‘And what? Me not being here will help? It is my business’ he reminded Brax again.

Brax sighed ‘I know but it’s my money that I am protecting’

Angelo groaned ‘Fine, how long do you want me to stay away for?’

A few moments passed and Brax replied ‘A few weeks’

Angelo nodded ‘Fine’.

He walked to his car and sat inside it, he didn’t know how the hell he had got to this position, he loved his life but he hated being alone.

It was too hard for him to see his family out and about knowing he was not allowed anywhere near them.

He drove back to his house and as he pulled up, he spotted Roo waiting for him. He frowned. He turned the engine off and walked towards the house.

‘Hi’ Angelo said as he opened the door.

‘I am just here to pick up the rest of my things’

‘Sure, come in’

Roo walked in and went to pick her things up. ‘Thanks’

‘Hold on, how is Nicole?’

Roo looked at him, she could clearly see that he was struggling but she was struggling herself to find any sympathy for him.

‘She’s fine; she is stronger than you all give her credit for’

‘She is’ Angelo agreed.

‘I better go, Take care’ she added before closing the door and walking away from the house.

Angelo knew he had got himself into this position, but he had no idea how to get out of it, he just had to accept it.

He had lost Nicole but he didn’t want to lose the children, they were his only link to Nicole and despite everything he would never have hurt the children, he wouldn’t be able to.

Nicole missed Angelo, she couldn't deny that fact but she didn't know how to get past what he did. She could forgive but she couldn’t forget.

Ruby visited Nicole later on that day.

'It’s been a while' Ruby commented

Nicole replied 'It has, so much has happened'

Ruby touched her hands. She knew that Nicole wanted to be with Angelo, she couldn’t force her to talk to him especially after what he did or at least what she told people he did.

‘You should tell your dad the truth’ she said trying to make Nicole see sense.

‘I can’t, he will lose it and I don’t want that’

Ruby sighed in frustration. ‘So it is okay for people to think Angelo hit you when he didn’t’

‘He did something worse Rube but I can’t tell my dad, you are the only person I told. Can you please just leave it alone?’ she asked

‘Fine, but he will find out, and there will be hell to pay when it does come out.’

Nicole sighed, she knew it would come out but she had only just begun to forgive Angelo, she needed time but she knew that if her father found out, any chances of a reunion would be over before it had begun.

Please comment :) x

And I was planning to prolong the wait

:wink: but no am feeling generous :D

So, if Roo was Romeo's mother-in-law, wouldn't that also make her Nicole's step-grandmother?Try telling her that and see how she reacts...

I can't even tell you how much that makes me laugh :lol:

Part Five

Nicole walked down the stairs; Roman had just dropped the children off at school and had decided to make himself a cup of coffee.

‘Do you want one?’ he asked Nicole as she came into the kitchen.

‘Please’ she said as she sat at the dining table.

‘How are you?’ Roman asked.

‘Okay, I need you to pick the children up and keep them away from here for a few hours’

‘Why?’ Roman asked confused.

‘I need to talk to Angelo’

Roman stopped for a few seconds, he was not sure that he had heard Nicole right. ‘Sorry?’

‘I have to talk to him and before you get angry, I am not getting back with him. I just need to work something out for the sake of the children; it’s not fair on them’

Roman gave her the cup of coffee and sat opposite to her at the table. ‘Are you sure?’

‘It will be supervised contact but only if he doesn’t contest custody’

Roman nodded ‘Good, and who will the supervisor?’

Roo walked in ‘I will’

Nicole nodded as Roman looked at them both ‘Hold on why?’

‘Angelo trusts me. It is easier for me to do it’

Roman sighed, he didn’t like the situation, if he had his way, he would have had Angelo ‘dealt’ with a long time ago, but he had to accept that Nicole had made her decision, she had to do what was best for her.

‘Dad?’

‘Fine, I will make sure the children are not around, just text me when he is gone’

‘I don’t trust him.’ Roman said for the last time before leaving the room.

He needed to be alone and he sensed that Nicole was struggling with the decision. He knew on some level that she wanted to be with Angelo.

Angelo was surprised that Nicole had asked him to come over but he didn’t expect anything, she had made it clear that nothing was going to happen.

‘Come in’ Nicole said.

‘Thanks’ he walked in

‘Sit down’

Angelo sat on the sofa and Nicole sat opposite. ‘I need to talk to you about the custody bid’

‘Right…’ Angelo was not sure what she was trying to say.

‘I am prepared to offer you a deal, so that we don’t have to drag the kids through the courts, it is hard enough’

Angelo nodded agreeing ‘I will do anything to make it easier for them’

‘I don’t want to deny access to you over the children so I thought you can see the children on a weekly basis’ she said before adding ‘Supervised of course’

‘Okay, what is the catch?’ he asked knowing that there was going to be one.

‘I get full and permanent custody’ she said bluntly.

Nicole’s word hit Angelo bang into his chest, he felt like she had pulled his heart out. ‘Are you serious?’

She nodded ‘I can’t trust you, but I don’t want to hurt the children, they don’t deserve that’ she responded.

‘I can’t agree to that’

‘Fine, Morag has already told me, that with the restraining order, I have the best case at the moment to get full custody, this deal is your best opportunity to get anywhere near the children’

‘So you will use the children to get back at me’

Nicole glared at him ‘I would never use the children as a weapon, I hate you for what you did to me but the children are the innocent ones, Rob and Mia love you and I don’t want that to change’

‘So you paint me as the bad guy’

Nicole sighed trying not to get angry. She had every right to get angry, she still remembered the night when he hurt her. She was still surprised at how calm she was about the situation.

‘So what you are trying to justify your own actions?’ she asked raising her eyebrows at him. Nicole asked him to leave her alone a few moments later, she needed to be alone but the conversation was far from over.

Here we go, the next chapter will be the reveal.. :P Enjoy and comment

Part Six

An hour later

‘I hate myself more than you can ever hate me, but this is not fair’ Angelo said but regretted a few moments later as he sensed that Nicole was getting very angry at him.

He couldn’t blame her, all he seemed to do was hurt her, and it physically hurt him to see her so angry and upset all because of his own actions.

He couldn’t excuse them but he couldn’t explain them either, it was too hard for him to actually contemplate a life without her and the children.

He wanted to make amends but he knew that it wasn’t going to happen especially since Roman was uber protective

Nicole’s anger began to surface. ‘And the scars that you left both emotionally and physically are fair!’ she retorted. ‘I could have coped on my own without the children if you had kept on hurting me but it is not just me that it affects, I cannot trust you not to hurt the kids and they are my world. I will do anything that makes sure that they are safe’

Angelo flinched at her words. He dropped his head down and accepted the remark ‘I know I get it.’

‘So…’ after a long pause Nicole asked ‘Do you accept or not?’

Angelo stood up ‘Yes I do but who will be supervising?’

‘Roo, she is the only one who I trust enough to do it’

Angelo nodded ‘that’s fine, so when?’

‘I need to settle it with the court and get the restraining order lifted for you against the children’

‘Okay, thank you’

‘You can see yourself out’ she said as she walked to the kitchen.

A few minutes she heard the door close. She text her Dad and sent it.

He’s gone, let the kids come home. I need a hug from them x

A few weeks later

Angelo woke up that morning with a strange feeling come over him. He tried to put his finger on it but he didn’t seem to know why.

He lifted himself out of bed and walked into the bathroom. He turned the shower on and got in a few moments later.

He still couldn’t shift the feeling that something was wrong. He lathered the shampoo into his hair and let the water run over his body; he rinsed his hair and shook the water from it as he turned off the shower head.

He heard a knock at the door; he frowned but wrapped a towel around him and walked to the door. As he opened the door, he saw Nicole stood there.

‘Hi’

‘Sorry, to come so early but we need to change the time’

‘Okay, well it was meant to be 3’ he said but inside he was jumping for joy.

Nicole could have easily have just rang him to tell him, instead she came over; maybe she was ready to try and sort it out between them. They were still married to each other and Nicole didn’t seem to want a divorce.

‘Roo will come at half 4’ Nicole said

‘Why?’ he asked as he let her in.

‘Dad took them to the city, and there’s a bit of traffic issues, they won’t get back till 4 and so then Roo will bring them over’

Angelo nodded ‘That’s fine.’

‘Dad will pick them up about 9, as it is the weekend; I thought you might like them for longer’

Angelo smiled as she looked at him with her light blue eyes, he still couldn’t believe that she was here.

‘Sure, I will have them ready for then.’

Nicole stood up and made her way to the door. ‘We still need to talk about us’

‘What about us?’ he asked getting a sense of dread in his stomach

‘We have been separated for a year; I think it’s time for us to get a divorce’

Angelo knew it was too good be true, the fact she had come around. He didn’t say anything to her so

Nicole added ‘We can talk about it in a few days, but if I was you, I would get a lawyer because I am starting the proceedings as soon as possible’

And the next part will definitely be the reveal. I promise! :wink: (unless Carina wants me to move it to part 9 :P )

Part Seven

3 weeks had passed since Angelo agreed to Nicole’s deal. Morag had managed to get the deal sorted out of court, as of a few days ago, Nicole had full custody. The court had however not given her permanent custody as she was still married to Angelo.

She could apply for permanent custody once the divorce was final. Angelo had to admit, he was glad that she didn’t have full custody because at the moment, he needed the kids and the fact that she was being amicable maybe in his mind meant that he could get her back.

Roman was waiting outside as Roo went into get Rob. He wasn’t happy about the fact that his girlfriend was in there with Angelo but he knew that was wise enough to know when Angelo was lying or not.

Rob tumbled into the car holding onto his teddy, he had tears pooling in his eyes. Roman looked at him.

‘Sport, what’s wrong?’

‘I want to stay with Daddy’ Rob said as he wiped away his tears knowing that there was going to be more following a few moments later.

‘Maybe next time’

‘You always say that’ Rob muttered under his breath as Roo opened the door and placed Mia in the car seat.

‘I am going to talk to Angelo, I will see you later’

‘Hold on’ Roman called out but Roo had already closed the door and made her way back into the house

‘Was Rob okay?’

‘He was fine, sulking but he’s fine’

Angelo sighed as he gave her a cup of tea. ‘So why did you come back in?’ he asked finally as he sat down.

‘I want to know exactly what happened’

Angelo sighed ‘There is no point in dragging it up again’ He was reluctant because, I have lost everything, and I can’t even spend time with my own children without a babysitter’

‘Tell me, you owe me that much at least’ Roo was not going to let it go, she needed to know the truth because she was not sure if Angelo deserved this treatment and if she was going to testify in court against Angelo, she needed to know the full story.

Nicole clammed up when she asked so she knew that asking Angelo was her only option, she was not going to let it go until he had told her.

‘Fine’ he gave in, if he was being completely honest with himself. He needed to tell someone, he still hated himself for everything, maybe getting it off his chest would be what he needed but he knew that whatever happened and however Roo reacted, no one could hate himself more than he did. He felt utter shame every night when he closed his eyes and relived that night again and again.

‘Did she say why?’ Nicole asked as she sat at the table with a mug of hot chocolate

‘No, it was strange’ Roman replied as he sat down as well.

‘I am sure its fine’

‘I just don’t trust him’ Roman said yet again.

Nicole sighed ‘I know, I just need to make sure the children are safe, other than that, I don’t actually care anymore about him.’

She was lying though, she couldn’t stop thinking about him, he was the kids father, he had been there for her through all the ups and downs.

He had never given up on her even when she wanted to give up on herself. She loved him, seeing his face when she said that she wanted a divorce was proof.

She had no desire not have him in her life; she knew that he was always going to be bound to him especially through the children.

Nicole looked in on Rob who was fast asleep, he had worn himself out with the tears, it broke her heart to see him so miserable.

She honestly thought that the arrangement was going to benefit him but it was affecting Rob too much, she wasn’t sure if allowing the children to see Angelo was a good idea.

Please comment xx

:wink: Here we go :)

Part Eight

Nicole knew that Angelo had told Roo exactly what happened.as soon as she came home later that night. Nicole looked Roo in the eyes but she didn’t say anything to her, she knew that ‘conversation’ was on the way but she didn’t want to talk about it.

Roman went out to the diner to get some food, as soon as he left the house, Roo sat next to Nicole on the sofa.

‘Angelo told me everything’

Nicole’s hand went clammy; she didn’t know what to say. ‘I figured from the expression on your face when you came back.’

‘I want you to tell me, I don’t know if he told me the truth’ Roo said honestly.

‘Are you sure you want me to tell you?’

‘Please’ Roo replied.

Flashback

Angelo was drunk yet again; Nicole noted as he came home later that night. She was waiting up for him; she didn’t really want to fall asleep until she knew that he got back safe.

Nicole tried to get him to stop, she didn’t want to sleep with him when he was out of it, he knew that she hated it when he got drunk. ‘Stop it’ she pushed at his chest but he was so drunk that he barely realised that she was trying to get him off her.

Angelo didn’t hear her yet again as he was slurring and mumbling to himself. He pinned her down onto the bed. Nicole couldn’t move and at that point she was absolutely terrified.

What the hell do I do?

Do I scream or what?’

He doesn’t seem to know that I am trying to get him the hell off me.

She tried to scream but the fear took over and her voice seemed to ebb away along with her energy to try and get him off of her.

Angelo didn’t sense that Nicole was resisting, maybe the effects of the alcohol were taking over or maybe it was just the fact that he didn’t actually care.

At that moment in time, he just wanted to be near her. Nicole froze and contemplated her next move, she really didn’t know what to do.

Her response came to her a few moments later as Angelo eased off her for a few seconds, she used all the energy she had and brought her knee up.

He tumbled off the bed and she ran out of the room, barricading Angelo in, although he was too out of it to be able to react.

She wasn’t thinking about herself, she just wanted to protect the children. She ran to Rob’s room and picked him up, as she walked into Mia’s room. She placed Rob under the covers; she needed to keep them both close to her.

She found the phone and rang the one person she knew would come running. The one person that she could rely on.

‘Nicole?’ Roman asked

‘I need you to come over’

‘What’s wrong?’ his tone of voice changed in seconds.

‘Just come and get me and the kids please’

‘Am on my way, I will be there soon’

Nicole hung the phone up and made her way to packing up some clothes for the children, all she knew was that she needed to get out of that place.

She had barely registered the fact that Angelo had attacked her; the children were the only thing she was thinking about.

She was terrified that he might try and come back. She had barricaded the door, but Angelo was a former policeman, she was sure that he would be able to somehow wedge the door open even when he was drunk.

Roman opened the door to the lounge a few moments later, Nicole was holding Mia.

‘What happened?’ he asked

‘Not now, just pick Rob up; I need to get out of here’

Roman frowned but he moved towards the sofa where Nicole had placed him and picked Rob up, she was clearly upset, he just hoped that he would open up to her.

End of Flashback

So... :ph34r: comments???

As promised

Part Nine

Roo lay in bed that night thinking back to the moment that Angelo had told her the full story. She still couldn’t believe what he had done.

Roman sighed as Roo tossed and turned. He turned the lamp on.

‘What’s wrong?’ he asked.

‘I just can’t sleep’ she lied.

‘Don’t lie, there is something going on, you and Nicole have been strange all night’

Roo sighed ‘It is nothing’

‘Roo’ Roman said not believing her.

‘Just hold me and lets sleep’ Roo said as she moved closer towards him.

Roman looked her in the eyes but left it alone; he knew that she would tell him when she was ready.

Roman hugged her; she closed her eyes and thought about her reaction to Angelo telling what really happened that night.

Flashback

‘You actually tried to rape her’ Roo said to herself more than to Angelo

Angelo looked visibly ashamed with himself.

‘I barely remember it and I know, it is no excuse, I have regretted the day, the person I was. Never in my wildest dreams would I have actually have imagined that I would hurt her, my heart is in pieces because of it’

Roo was still in shock ‘You know there is no way back, she will never accept you again’

‘I know, I only want to see the children.’

‘Roman doesn’t know does he?’

‘No he thinks I hit her’

‘I have to tell him’ she told Angelo who nodded.

‘I would not expect anything different’ he admitted

‘Why?’

‘Why what?’

‘Why did you actually try to?’

‘This sounds like a cop out and that isn’t my intention but I didn’t even realise what I was doing’

Roo for some strange reason actually believed Angelo, he was wrong to attack her but he seemed to hate himself for it and had accepted the limited access he had to his children all because of one day.

She didn’t condone what he had done but it was one mistake, one stupid thing, she was not sure if that should define him or not. She knew she should hate him but he had spent the last year hating himself, he nearly lost the children, she knew that he was paying for his actions every second and she didn’t think that her hating him was going to do him ant good.

‘I do believe you’ she said a few moments later. ‘But I can’t see how Nicole can or would forgive you’

Angelo nodded. ‘I don’t expect anything, how can I? Too much has happened’

End of Flashback

So spent all afternoon writing for you all, this is not as long as I wanted it to be but I cant write anymore tonight, head hurts.

Thanks to Miranda for proofreading, appreciate it :wub:

Part Ten

A month had passed and Roo had been trying to find the right time and place to tell Roman the truth, she couldn’t hide it much longer. She didn’t want to hide it at all which is why she knew that she had to tell him.

Roo still couldn’t believe what Angelo had told her, deep down she knew he hated himself for it. She had to tell Roman and she had no idea how to make it clear that Angelo hated himself for it.

Roman was not the type to listen first, he was always in with the fists before considering just how much it would affect his family.

She knew that he was not going to take it well so she had managed to get him to come away with her for the weekend so that when she did tell him, he couldn’t flip out in his usual fashion.

‘So are you going to tell me why I am here?’

‘Okay, I need to ask you something’

Roman sat back on the bed and looked at her quizzically. ‘Go on’

‘What did Nicole say to you?’

He frowned, unsure of what she was trying to ask ‘About what?’

‘About Angelo and that night’

‘Well, basically that Angelo was drunk, and hit her’ Roman said but as soon as he did, he knew that was not the truth, Roo’s face changed and he knew that he was right, something else had happened.

Roo sighed ‘Don’t hate me for this but that was not what happened’

‘Okay’ he said confused gesturing for her to carry on.

Roo breathed in. ‘Please promise you won’t flip out, it will do no good if you do that’

‘Tell me’

‘Promise first’ Roo said

‘Fine, I promise’ he replied confused

‘Angelo was rough with Nicole’ Roo said not knowing if rough best described Angelo’s actions.

‘What do you mean?’ Roman said but deep down he knew what Roo was alluding to.

‘He…’

‘Don’t say it’

Roman added a few moments later when he knew that Roo was struggling to get the words.

‘I know what you are saying’

Roo hugged him. She could sense that he was struggling to take it in and she wanted to be there for him.

‘I can’t believe that he would do that’ Roman admitted a few moments later.

‘He dotes on them all’ Roo said but she agreed with Roman, it didn’t make sense to her either; they loved each other, why would he do it?

Shock had taken over his emotions, it was really hard for him not to run out to his car and drive back just so he could kill Angelo for even trying to hurt his baby girl.

Archived