The White or Red Rose?

Guest LauraPhilly!!

Thanks again guys so much for your lovely comments! :)

They really mean a lot!

In relation to your question RR1

So...is Geoff Catholic in this fic?!

Well...yeah, something like that!

It wasn't supposed to mean anything. It just fitted into the humour of that chapter to write Geoff in that way; going to Confession.

Here's the next chapter...

Chapter 11

Belle Taylor woke early the next morning before anyone else. She lay in bed, staring up at the ceiling, her hand laid gently on her slightly rounded tummy. Remembering what day it was, she smiled widely and let out a girly giggle.

She was getting married today.

The one day in life that all girls dream of since their childhood. Ever since watching Cinderella, seeing her rags turn into a beautiful, glittering, white dress and seeing her walk down the aisle with her Prince Charming. Now it was Belle's turn. Today she would walk down the aisle, with all eyes on her, in her beautiful dress, and she would look at Aden and see his eyes glaze over with happiness. She would take his hand in hers and she would be in her own personal heaven.

One by one, Mattie, Annie and Nicole all woke up. Each of them came into Belle's room and jumped up on her bed, and started talking excitedly about the day ahead. They imagined the look on Aden's face as he saw her walking up the aisle, they listened intently, with silent tears falling down their eyes, as Belle rehearsed her vows, they imagined what Aden's would be like, and they all stressed how unbelievably lucky Belle was to find her true love.

"If only we could all be as lucky as Belle," said Annie, looking towards Nicole and Mattie.

The two girls looked at each other uncomfortably.

"Of course said Annie, shaking her head. "How could I have forgotten? You two have found your true loves too."

"Aw Annie, don't worry," insisted Nicole, taking her hand. "You'll find your true love. You're too young to have a true love anyway. Mattie and I….we're old!"

"Hey – "exclaimed Mattie.

"Oh c'mon, we are like!" admitted Nicole. "21 is like the new 31," she said, shuddering at the thought. "I'd be worried if we hadn't found Geoff or Ric already!"

"Good thing you guys have so, isn't it," said Annie, crossing her arms, a fed up look on her face.

"Aw Annie, please don't look so upset," as Belle crawled across the bed to give her a hug. "Who knows? One of Aden's many work associates might catch your eye! I know for a fact that at least two of them are swimmers!"

"Oooh, I like swimmers bodies!" exclaimed Annie. "Thanks Belle, I feel more hopeful now!"

The three girls chuckled at their youngest friend, and they all hopped out of bed and into the Suite's kitchen to make breakfast.

Aden Jefferies woke early that morning for several reasons and the first wasn't because he was getting married that day, oddly enough. No, it was because of the pounding ache in his head and the appealing smell of bacon and sausage coming from downstairs. Throwing on a pair of shorts, he ran speedily down the stairs in the direction of the delicious smell. As he expected, he found Roman cooking breakfast. Geoff was sitting at the counter, his head drooping on his head, a tall glass of milk and egg beside him. Ric was standing in the far corner on the room, the phone held up to his ear.

"Hey mate!" said Roman, seeing his come in. "Happy Wedding Day!"

Aden moaned as he stretched, and rubbed the sleep out of his eyes.

"Oh, it's today is it?" he said, nonchalantly.

"Yes mate," said Roman going along with him, rolling his eyes as he did. "Hey you," he said loudly, walking over to Geoff and waking him up. "Drink that up or you're going to be in trouble with Nicole later!"

"Mate, I know you're a great cook and all but I don't think this," he said, pointing towards the glass full of raw egg and milk. "…Is your best creation."

"I don't care, you're going to drink it!" said Roman firmly, his army roots coming out of him.

"C'mon mate," said Aden, pushing the glass towards him. "The quicker you drink it, the sooner it'll be over. Plus, I don't really think you want to face Nicole later in this state."

"Eh, well I suppose if you put it like that," said Geoff, picking up the glass reluctantly. "To my beautiful girlfriend for who I am doing this!" he toasted, before draining the glass quickly.

There was a pause where they all watched for Geoff's expression. First his face was blank and they his eyes almost popped out of their sockets. He dived for the sink and quickly washed his mouth out with the cold tap.

"My God that is without a doubt the most mankiest thing I have ever tasted!" he swore, sincerely.

"Well you better not tell Nicole that you drank it in her name so," said Aden, clapping his friend on the shoulder.

"Well that was Mattie," said Ric, walking over, after putting the phone down. "The girls are just having breakfast and then they are going to start getting ready!"

"Hey where's Tony?" asked Aden, as he looked around the room.

"He left early mate," said Roman, as he placed the big plate of food in the middle of the counter. "He wanted to get back to Rach and Harry. He said to thank you for a great night though!"

"My God was it a great night!" agreed Ric, as the four men dug into a hearty breakfast.

"I can't remember much of it!" said Geoff, a confused look on his face.

"Mate I'm not surprised you can't remember much!" said Ric. "You were so wasted!"

"Alright that's enough lads, c'mon, eat up!" said Roman. "We want to make sure we get there before the bride, right! After all, the bride's the one who is meant to be late!"

"Not in one of Belle's weddings!" objected Aden. "She will be there at the exact minute that she promised! Belle's not in favour of being late for anything!"

"Well then we better hurry up so!"

There was silence throughout the kitchen as the groom and his best men happily ate their hearty breakfast, an odd thing to experience in a house full of boys!

Belle smiled happily as she stood in front of the mirror, smoothing out her dress. Christine had truly done a wonderful job; the dress hugged Belle's slim figure perfectly. It gave her an air of sexiness that was not at all inappropriate. The dress was slim fitting around her chest and then spread out just below her hips. As Belle lifted up the dress, she admired the white pair of Jimmy Choo's that she wore on her feet. Letting the dress fall again, Belle admired the way it fell perfectly. There was no need for her to smooth out any creases, for there weren't any to smooth.

"Belle, can we come in?" asked Nicole, from the hall.

"Yeah sure, come on in," said Belle, standing back from the mirror.

Nicole opened the door, and paused, admiring Belle's dress. Mattie and Annie followed her, stopping instantly as they mouths fell open, this being the first time any of them saw Belle's dress.

"Oh my God!" said Mattie in a whisper.

"Belle, wow, you just look – " began Nicole.

"You look amazing!" said Annie, saying what they had all been thinking.

Belle smiled happily. "Thanks you guys! The three of you all look beautiful too!"

The girls smiled happily, as they twirled for her to see the full design of their dresses. All of them wore the same dresses; lavender cocktail dresses with an encrusted sapphire strap going around their necks. Around each of their necks was the piece of jewellery that Belle had bought them each that day in Yabbie Creek. As Belle remembered that day, Javier's face quickly popped into her head, but she quickly put it back in its box in her head.

"Where are the bouquets?" Belle asked, as she walked over to the three of them.

"I'll go fetch them," said Annie, disappearing into the other room.

"Just while she's gone," said Nicole, walking over to Belle and taking hers and Mattie's hands. "The three of us have been through so much over the past few years, together and individually, and I'd just like to say to you both that I would never have got through any of it without you guys! I love you both so much," she said, as her eyes glistened.

"Oh don't cry Nic," said Belle, wiping away the little drop under her eye. "Your make-up!"

"Oh who cares," said Nicole, to the surprise of Mattie and Belle. "I just had to say that because I've been thinking about it for a while and now just seemed the right time!"

Belle exchanged a smile with Mattie, and they both took Nicole's hand in theirs.

"We feel the same way too Nic," she said.

Nic smiled again, tears now sparkling in her eyes.

The three girls drew each other close in a tight hug. They held each other tightly for a few seconds, and then drew apart, tears now glistening in all their eyes.

"C'mon," said Nicole, taking Belle's hand. "Let's get you married!"

Belle smiled happily, and they all waited patiently for Annie to return with the bouquets. Belle paused for a moment to look around at her friends. For years she could never say that she had true friends. She could say that now without a doubt.

Thank you so much for your comments guys!

They are very much appreciated!

Unfortunately, this fic is coming to an end!

This is the second last chapter!

All your support has really meant so much, and I hope that you all tune in to the new fic that I am currently writing!

It's about Charlie and Brax, but I won't be posting it until the fan fic forum calms down on all the Chax fics, as there are quite a few! :lol:

Anyway, here's the second last chapter!

I hope you all like it! :)

Chapter 12

Aden was pleased to see when he arrived at the Hotel's Private Gardens that a lot of their guests had already arrived. The wedding arch, which lead to the alter, had been erected earlier that morning, with white roses and lilies wrapped around the wooden beams. Walking through the arch, Aden glanced over the white, satin-covered seats that Belle had selected to seat their guests. The white carpet that replaced the traditional red came to an end at the exact point where the seating stopped.

It appeared that the priest had not yet arrived but still Aden took his place at the top of the aisle, having greeted the guests that had already arrived. Aden smiled as he saw his three best men walking up the aisle. Roman came to stand beside him as Chief Best Man, if there were such a title and Ric then stood beside him.

Aden was therefore surprised to see Geoff take the place of the priest on his other side.

"Geoff mate, what are you doing?" he whispered.

Geoff smiled happily. "This was the part I didn't tell you. I'm marrying you and Belle!"

"You're what?" exclaimed Aden, trying to keep his voice low.

"Yeah," said Geoff happily. "I wanted to do something special for you both and this came to my mind. I cleared the idea with Belle first, naturally, and then I got my wedding licence off the internet, so I can officially, and legally, marry you guys!"

Aden was speechless.

"You're not pissed off right?" asked Geoff, his smile fading slightly as Aden did not respond.

"Mate, of course I'm not! This is great!" said Aden, stretching his arm out to him and hugging him tightly.

By now, most of the guests had seated. Aden's mother, Alice, sat in the front row, staring up proudly at her son. By her side was her new husband, James. He gave Aden a proud smile, and Aden ssmiled back, appreciatively, at the man he, wholeheartedly, called his father.

On the other side of the aisle, Amanda, Peter, Ryan and their little daughter, Charlotte, also sat in the front row. Amanda smiled widely up at Aden as he caught her eye. Glancing over the rows of seats, Aden saw Jack lowering Martha carefully into her seat, being carefully that nothing hit off her rounded belly.

Aden saw Rachel and Tony sitting either side of Harry, who kept pulling at the little suit he wore. Every time he tugged at it, Rachel sighed and attempted to fix it. In front of them sat Alf and Morag, who had their heads down, discussing what looked like a lengthy topic. Briefly Morag caught Aden's eye and smiled up at him proudly.

Behind them sat Charlie and Ruby. Ruby waved at Aden so much he wasn't surprised if she sprained it. Beside her, Charlie shook her head at her daughter in dismay. Aden smiled widely as he looked around at all his friends and family. He could think of nothing more that could make him happier than them all being there to share his and Belle's special day.

Belle looked out the window excitedly as the vintage car pulled up outside the official entrance to the Glastonbury. Allowing Matte, Nicole and Annie to step out first, Belle followed them, carefully not to damage her dress. As she followed them through the reception to the gardens, she blushed as many people paused to look at her. Young children with their mothers pointed at her, their mouths wide open in awe, several men, young and middle-aged paused to wolf whistle her as she passed.

Belle couldn't deny that she liked the admiration. However, their compliments meant little to her. As long as Aden loved it that was all that mattered. The Manager paused to open the door to the gardens, and then stood aside to allow Belle and her bridesmaids through.

"Congratulations Miss Taylor," he said, smiling at her kindly.

Belle smiled widely at him, continuing to follow Mattie, Nicole and Annie out to the gardens.

"Belle!"

On hearing her name, Belle turned around. She was shocked to see Javier standing in front of her, wearing a half unbuttoned white shirt, black pants and an opened suit jacket.

"Javier, what are you doing here?" she exclaimed, rooted to the spot in utter disbelief.

"I had to see you," insisted Javier, coming closer to her.

Before she heard her coming, Belle saw Mattie walk straight up to Javier, blocking him as he attempted to walk over to Belle.

"I specifically told you not to do this Javier! You promised me that you wouldn't!" she said sternly, a furious look on her face.

"I made you no such promise," said Javier simply, not taking his eyes off Belle's face.

"Belle, Mattie, what's going on here?" asked Nicole, walking over, Annie following her.

"Nothing at all is going on," insisted Belle. "Mattie, would you, Nic and Annie kindly wait outside for me? Just make sure Aden doesn't see you yet!"

"But Belle – "

"Mattie, just go!" said Belle, a beseeching look on her face.

Reluctantly, Mattie listened to Belle. Throwing a threatening look at Javier, she ushered Annie and Nicole outside. Once they had left, Belle returned reluctantly to look at Javier, who was smiling at her lovingly.

"Don't look at me like that," said Belle, uncomfortably, as she smoothed out her dress, trying to avoid looking at him.

"You look so beautiful," he said, admiring her dress as he looked her up and down. "But, of course, you always do."

"Javier, this is wrong time to be interrupting me!" said Belle, ignoring the compliment, an incredulous look on her face as she faced him. "I'm getting married in ten minutes!"

"Are you really, Belle?" asked Javier, walking up to her so there was barely a foot between them. "Is that really what you want?"

"Yes it is, Javier," said Belle, determinedly. "We've already had this discussion! I've made my choice! I'm marrying Aden! I love Aden!"

"You see Belle, I'm not so sure that you do," insisted Javier. "Not half as much as you love me anyway!"

"That is not true Javier! I love Aden more than you could possibly imagine!"

"You won't after this," said Javier, placing his hand on her cheek in the same moment as he leaned in to kiss her.

Quickly, Belle placed her hand on his chest and pushed him away.

"What the hell do you think you're doing?" she demanded, angrily, stepping back from him.

"Belle, come on, please don't do this to yourself, to us!!" said Javier, closing the space between them again. "You know you love me! Why can't you just admit it?"

"Fine Javier, I'll admit it! I do love you!" she cried out.

There was a long pause. Javier sighed and smiled at her in relief. "I knew it."

"But that doesn't change anything!" insisted Belle. "I still love Aden more than you will ever know! He is still the man that I'm going to marry, the man who I want to spend the rest of my life with!"

"I don't believe that," said Javier, despite the slight feeling of acknowledgement that was already setting in, in his heart. "I know you love me Belle! You just said you did! I know there is still a chance for us! Why can't you take that chance?"

Belle shook her head at him sadly. "I just don't love you that way anymore Javier. I did once, all those years ago, during that summer in Hawaii! I will never forget what we shared, it was amazing, but my feelings have very much changed! I'm sorry but that's just the way it is."

"You're hiding your true feelings Belle, I know you are!" insisted Javier.

"Javier, how can I make this clearer to you!" cried Belle. "What we had, it's never going to be like that again!"

"Why can't you just give us a chance, Belle?"

"I'm pregnant, Javier! That's why!" she exclaimed.

Javier paused, affronted by this news.

"You're pregnant?" he repeated, looking down at her stomach. It was only now he noticed that little bump that appeared through her dress.

Belle nodded, laying her hand on her stomach. "I'm sorry you had to find out like this! But that's the truth of it. Can you please accept now that this obsession you have has to end?"

"No I can't! Belle please, please, don't do this," said Javier, putting his hand on her cheek again, and leaning his forehead against hers. This time she didn't pull away.

"I'm sorry, Javier," she said, looking at his eyes, now sprinkled with tears.

"I have to go," she said, stepping away from him, before she too started crying.

"No don't go," he said, grabbing her hand.

Belle hesitated slightly. Javier took advantage of this and pulled her close. He kissed her softly but passionately. They held the kiss for a few minutes.

Pulling away from him, Belle looked directly into his eyes.

"Goodbye Javier," she said, smiling at him sadly.

He shook his head, silently, but let her hand slip out of his. She looked back at him once more before turning and walking out through the glass doors. Javier's heart fell and he closed his eyes as she disappeared from view. He had failed to win her heart. In the distance he could hear the string quartet playing Pachelbel's Canon. Walking out through the same doors that Belle had gone through, he allowed his ears to direct him to where the music was coming from.

Looking around a tall column, his heart broke as he saw Belle following her bridesmaids up the aisle. He looked to the top where he saw the same man that had appeared at the showroom looking to buy a car for his fiancé a few weeks ago. Unlike many other grooms, Aden did not smile as he saw Belle walking up aisle, Javier noticed. Instead, to further aid Javier's broken heart; Aden wore an expression of the utmost adoration. Javier returned his gaze to Belle, whose face he couldn't see as she walked up the aisle. Reaching the top, Javier saw Aden hold out his hand.

Belle's smile was radiant as she slipped her hand into his. Her eyes lit up with happiness as she looked into Aden's eyes. Javier closed his eyes, unable to bear the sight. In Javier's eyes the ceremony passed all too slowly. With every word, Javier felt he was drowning in a bottomless ocean.

Finally the young, blond man paused and smiled at them both, widely.

"I am now happy to pronounce you husband and wife."

Javier could barely watch as he saw Belle place her arms around Aden's neck. He leaned in to kiss her, their lips meeting in the middle. As applause broke out, and the guests rose to their feet, Aden and Belle pulled apart to smile widely at everyone.

At this point, Javier came out from behind the column to stand at the end of the aisle, invisible to almost everyone. But then, just as he had hoped, Belle saw him. He held her gaze, her eyes meeting his, and she smiled slightly. Choosing one of the white roses that wound around the column beside him, Javier pulled it free of its clasp. As Belle's eyes held his, he lifted the rose to his lips and kissed it softly.

He saw her smile softly, however the smile was over in a flash, and in a few seconds Belle was back in Aden's arms, kissing him happily and glowing as everyone approached her admiring her dress and wishing her congratulations. Javier walked away from the happy scene, his feet heavy as if reluctant to go. He had truly lost Belle forever. His last hope had been today but he had lost her. Taking one last glance back at Belle, he blew her a kiss and reluctantly wished her good luck.

As he walked away, the rose slipped from his fingers and fell to the ground.

For a brief moment when Belle was alone, she walked to the spot where the rose lay at the end of the aisle. Bending down, she picked it up, and smoothed over each of its white petals tenderly with her fingers. She knew it was from this spot that Javier had seen everything. Had his heart broken as he watched her marry Aden? She would never know, for she doubted that she would ever see him again. She had hurt him too much.

With this thought, she dropped the rose to the floor once more. She closed her eyes, and with Javier's face at the front of her mind, she said her goodbye. She then smiled softly as she felt Aden's arms coming to wind themselves around her waist. He leant his head against her shoulder.

"I love you," he whispered softly in her ear.

She smiled and turned to face him. She looked sincerely into his eyes as she spoke the words that came directly from her heart.

"I love you."

He smiled back, and then from behind his back, presented her with a single red rose.

"For you," he said, placing it gently in her palm.

"Haven't you given me enough already?" said Belle, laughing, as she placed both their hands on her tummy.

Aden simply smiled, leaned in and kissed her softly. She kissed him back, and then pulled away slightly, laying her head against his chest as he held her close.

She knew that she had made the right decision. Aden was her soul-mate, the person who she was meant to be with. She had never loved anyone the way she loved him, and this was how she knew that she had made the right decision.

This is the Epilogue for The White or Red Rose?

It's short and sweet, and I hope you like it! :)

I'm actually quite sad that it's the end because I had been writing this story for months and was so looking forward to posting it and seeing everyone's reaction, and now, all too soon, it has come to an end!

Thank you, my loyal followers, who had continued on through my various fics with me, and thank you also to the new readers who I hope will tune in to my new fics that will appear in the future!

Thank you all so much!

I dedicate this chapter to all of you! :wink:

Epilogue

Belle smiled happily as Aden wheeled her out of the hospital doors. In her arms, sleeping peacefully was their new baby girl. Pausing at the car, Aden bent down beside Belle, smiling proudly at her, as he rubbed his daughter's cheek softly.

"Thank you," he said sincerely. "For the greatest gift you could ever give me!"

Belle smiled, and kissed him softly.

"She is so beautiful," said Belle softly, beaming down at their little girl.

"We still have to think of a name…?" said Aden, rubbing her cheek softly.

Belle thought for a moment.

"'Annabelle'," she said softly, not taking her eyes off their daughter. "How about, 'Annabelle'?"

Aden smiled as he watched his little girl gurgling in her sleep.

"'Annabelle' is perfect!"

Carefully, Belle laid Annabelle into her new car seat, strapping her in protectively.

"Let's get you home, sweety," she said, closing the door, and jumping into the front seat.

Arriving home, Aden and Belle were immediately showered with gifts, and people admiring and awing at Annabelle.

"Oh, my God! She is so beautiful!" said Mattie, smoothing her cheek with the back of her finger, as Aden held her in his arms.

"She really is, Belle," agreed Nicole, as Belle walked over to the fridge, grabbing a drink from a shelf. "I'm so happy for you, for you both!"

Belle smiled and hugged Mattie happily.

"Oh Belle, this arrived for you," said Annie, walking away from where she doted on Annabelle, handing Belle a small white envelope.

"There's no address?" said Belle, frowning, looking at both sides of the envelope.

"It was hand delivered, I suppose," said Annie, shrugging, and rushing back over to Annabelle.

Belle stepped out into the hall, away from all the madness, to read the letter in silent. Opening the letter, she immediately recognised the handwriting.

Dear Belle,

I had hoped to see you, to sit down and speak to you, but I know now it is too late. I write this letter with the knowledge that, by the time you read it, you will be a mother.

This hurts me, the thought that this finally severs any hope of you and I getting back together. However, I know that you are happy, and this will help heal my broken heart.

Maybe someday in the future, we will meet again, and I will be in a better place. However the idea of having feelings for someone else, someone who is not you, still seems impossible to me.

I am sorry how things ended with you and I. I wish they hadn't. But they did, and nothing can change that now.

In the time that we have been separated, I have celebrated the brief relationship that we shared. It was something that I will cherish for the rest of my life.

Thank you, Belle, for that wonderful summer. It truly changed my life, reigniting my hope that love does, in fact, exist.

Thank you, from the bottom of my heart.

Javier.

Belle sighed heavily, and wiped away a few tears that were running down her cheeks. From the kitchen, Belle could hear her name being called, however, she did not answer the call. Instead, she quickly hopped upstairs and went into her and Aden's bedroom. From under the bed, she pulled out a little brown casket. Unlocking the latch, she lifted the lid, and carefully placed the letter inside.

"Belle?" called Aden, from the hall. "Babe, where are you?!"

"I'm just coming now Aden," she replied, replacing the casket under the bed.

She walked slowly down the stairs, still registering the letter in her head.

"There you are," said Aden, as she came into the kitchen. He walked over and gently placed Annabelle into Belle's arms. "Where did you go?"

"Just up to our room for a few minutes," said Belle, cradling Annabelle gently in her arms.

"Everything ok?" asked Aden anxiously, placing his hand on her cheek.

Belle smiled, looking from her beautiful baby girl to her loving husband.

"Everything is perfect!"

Comments

Archived