The Event

Guest Slade

Is anybody else watching this? I've seen the first three episodes and I absolutely love it. I really think this is a suitable replacement for Flash Forward. If anything I think it's better than Flash Forward. Another one of those US Government conspiracy storylines (which I love) but I like that the emphasis appears to be on a man desperately trying to find his abducted fiancé. The first three episodes IMO have been excellent and I can't wait for the next one.

I have only seen the first two episodes, I have the third record. There were far too many flashbacks, it made it confusing. I hope it isn't going to be like that in all the episodes. But the story seems good.

I don't really mind the flashbacks, at least they tell you how far back they are from the current storyline so I don't find them too confusing. I do wonder what the point of some of them are. Take the ones Shaun had from the fourth episode. I don't think they've really revealed anything. Perhaps that things have been difficult with his parents and he doesn't really get on with them (although I got the impression he wasn't entirely being honest). Maybe they are there to allow you to identify more with the characters.

I have to say I'm actually finding Shaun's search for Leila far more interesting than the stuff with the President and Sophia. Really enjoying the stuff with him and Agent Collier and am really liking Agent Collier as a character. I'm also quite enjoying the scenes with Vicky, Carter and Leila. I thought Leila's escape was too easy and Carter was being careless so wasn't too surprised it was a setup.

I know we've seen government agencies kill innocent people in other series/films but I've been surprised at how cold blooded some of the killings have been. And so many in such a short period of time. Even more so with Vicky now that we know she has a son. It's one thing to be completely emotionless like some of her colleagues are (at least that way you can argue professionalism) but they way she's coming across, part of me wonders whether she actually enjoys taking someone's life or at the very least the way she is treating Leila. I'm in two minds about her. Part of me wants the b*tch to get hers but on the other hand I think Vicky's a very interesting character and am looking forward to finding out more about her. Perhaps we can actually get some flashbacks from her perspective.

Archived