& Sometimes Love Isn't Enough...

Guest lilgemziilou

Story Title: & Sometimes Love Isn't Enough

Type of story:Medium/Long Fic.

Main Characters: Charlie, Miles, Angelo, Liam & Other Cast Members.

BTTB rating: Teenager/Adult

Genre: Romance & Drama.

Does story include spoilers: No

Any warnings: Mild Sexual Content, Language, Alcohol & Drug Abuse, Suicide, Depression, Miscarrage.

Summary: Miles & Charlie have been together for 2 years, but when something terrible happens both their lives are thrown into turmoil.

With Charlie spinning out of control there really only is one option left - rehab.

Here she meets an array of characters and potentially someone who could be very important in her future.

Chapter One

Charlie

Darkness.

A big pit of nothing.

That's what it feels like i'm living in at the moment. As i lie here in the hospital bed i know that a part of me is missing. That the baby i had been carrying a mere 12hours ago had been lost. Lost? As though it was something insignificant like my keys.

As i turn to my right i am reminded even more of this fact as i see the mass of cards and flowers which had been arriving throughout the day - gifts and messages of sympathy - as if i wanted to be reminded of my failure as a woman.

I turn to my left feeling a surge of anger from looking at all the cards people had sent. While turning i see my partner of 2 years Miles, fast asleep in the dusty armchair in the corner of the room.

As i look at him the pain and emptiness surged through me. Why me? Why him? What had we ever done to deserve something this horrible?

As i continue to question myself, i notice the tears forming in my eyes and trickling down my face, getting more and more frequent as i continue looking at him. I look around the room trying to find something to stem the tears and notice the tissue box on the small bedside cabinet. I reach towards the box, and as i lean further forward trying to get them, i accidnetly lean to far and the drip which had been attached to my arm comes out, which sets the machine into a frenzy. I glance up while quickly dabbing my face with a tissue and see the two nurses who had admitted me this morning entering the room. Upon entering they look towards me and stop as they see the tears, which continue to flow from my eyes down my face.

'Charlie?' I look to the corner to see Miles stirring in the armchair, and as his eyes adjust to the lighting he notices the tears and hurries hastily out of the chair and across the room to my side. He puts his arms around me trying to soothe and comfort me, to try and bring me down from the hysteria i could feel coming on.

As Miles sat there rocking me gently in his arms i go numb from all the pain and grief i can feel emitting from the two of us. I was vaguely aware of the drip being reattached to my arm and the two nurses excusing themselves from the room, until suddenly the darkness overtook all my senses and i was once again in the bottom-less pit falling further down into the black.

Wow...Thanks guuys for the awesome feedback already.

Sorry for the late update...just takes a while for me to figure out where i am going take this, and then finding time ot write it...so here we go with chapter 2!

Chapter 2

Miles

Time.

How it passes by in the blink of an eye.

Your born, You gorw, and before you know it your in your early 30's and wishing to be young again.

How times have changed, when being a teenager and wishing to be older, to being older and wishing to be younger.

Things seemed so surreal when you were younger, as though you were protected inside your own little bubble. It's not until something like this happens do you realise the bubble has well and truely burst.

It has been 2 months since Charlie left hospital, leaving behind the person she used to be. What i would do to get the old Charlie back. To hear her laugh, see her smile, for her to have some light behind those big, beautiful blue eyes again.

Instead, shes been replaces with the new Charlie, the one who shows no emotion, doesn't talk, doesn't laugh, doesn't smile and spends all day lying on the sofa in her pjamas downing enough alcahol to empty a brewery.

We tried emptying the house of alcahol but it didnt work. She soon started finding alternatives to the drink and that was something i couldn't bear to think about, so we thought the booze may be a better alternative.

When Charlie first left hospital, i expected her to need time to adjust, we all did, so we though maybe she could talk to Rachel, close friend and local doctor, and allow Rachel to try and come around and accept what had happened, to fight the depression. But this did not happen - instead Charlie soon became agressive and began locking herself in the bathroom and refusing to leave until Rachel had left.

So both myself, Ross (Charlies father), Morag (Ross's partner), and Ruby (her sister), decided to let her deal with it in her own way and hopefully when she was ready she would talk with one of us. As i look towards the sofa while clearing away the dinner plates, i see Charlie opening a new bottle of vodka, and i begin to wonder and doubt whether she will ever get over it.

Amazing update! Loved it

I like how you've written separately for Charlie and Miles.

I hope Miles, Ross, Morag, Ruby and Rachel can help Charlie get out of her funk.

Amazingly written.

Can't wait for more :)

Archived