You and Me

Guest Danni02

Finally got an update written. It hasnt went quite as planned but I'm pretty sure I know where this is going now......:unsure: Thanks for all the lovely comments so far! :D

Chapter 11

Charlie parked the car and walked up to the station. She noticed Angelo standing outside and let out a sigh. She walked past him and reached her hand out to open the door but before she could Angelo pulled her arm back.

“Angelo not now” Charlie said sensing Angelo would want to talk about what happened at the Surf Club last night. She pulled her hand away from him and went to open the door but once again Angelo pulled her back.

“Grants inside” Angelo told her and Charlie froze.

“Why?” She managed to ask before stepping away from the door and looked at Angelo.

“He made a statement about how I attacked him outside the Diner then again at the Surf Club” Angelo said before moving his gaze from Charlie to look down at the ground.

“Yeah well I told you to leave him” Charlie said

“I know and I’m sorry. I should have just walked away” Angelo said meeting Charlie’s gaze again. “But he hit me first” Angelo said and Charlie shook her head.

“You should know better not to fight back Angelo” Charlie replied and Angelo nodded his head.

“I know. I’m sorry” Angelo said.

“So have they spoken to you?” Charlie asked and Angelo nodded before looking back down at the ground.

“Angelo please tell me you didn’t” Charlie started to speak but Angelo cut her off

“I had to Charlie. They had to know why we were arguing” Angelo said and Charlie let out a sigh and rubbed her forehead. Angelo stepped forward and gave Charlie a hug. “Maybe it’s a good thing. I would bet big money Watson will have the truth out of him by the end of the day” Angelo grinned and Charlie shook her head.

“I don’t want him questioned about it Angelo” Charlie said

“Why not?” Angelo asked. “Charlie he needs to pay for he did to you” he continued.

“No Angelo, I don’t want to drag all that up again” Charlie shouted

“Charlie, it’s important to…” Angelo started to speak but Charlie spoke over him.

“No, Angelo. I don’t want to go through all that. I don’t care if he confesses or not. I just want to forget about him and get things back on track with Ruby. That’s what’s important” Charlie shouted and Angelo looked at Charlie and nodded his head before a tear started to fall down Charlie cheek.

“Okay. It’s okay” Angelo said as Charlie fell into him arms. A few minutes later and they broke apart. Charlie wiped the tears from her eyes and took a deep breath.

“I better get to work then” Charlie said before walking into the station and Angelo followed her inside. All the officers looked up and her but nobody said anything. She looked down at the floor and walked quickly into her office. A few minutes later and Const. Watson walked into the room. She looked at Charlie and smiled sympathetically.

“So this idiot here gets away with a warning” Watson said and she looked up at Angelo. “If it was up to me I wouldn’t have him back on the force anyways” Watson said

“Yeah well it’s a good job it’s up to Bill Stevens then isn’t it” Charlie retorted and Watson was taken aback by her tone.

“What so you actually want him here?” Watson asked and Charlie looked up at Angelo and smiled.

“Yes I do” Charlie informed her and Watson was silent not quite understanding why Charlie would want Angelo back in the station after he shot Jack.

“So what about Bledcoe? He been locked away yet”? Angelo asked and Charlie shot him a quick glance before looking back round at Watson.

“Not got anything out of him yet” Watson replied before looking at Charlie.

“If you want to…” Watson started to speak

“No. I don’t. Just let him go” Charlie said before looking away.

“Charlie are you sure?” Watson asked

“Yes” Charlie replied quickly.

“Very well” Watson said before starting to walk out of Charlie’s office. Before she reached the door she turned around to face Charlie again.

“Why were you even out with him in the first place? Watson asked and Charlie looked at Angelo and sighed.

“He’s my boyfriend” Charlie said and Watson mouth fell open.

“Seriously, you are dating him after what he did to Jack” Watson said

“Yes I am” Charlie smiled and Watson shook her head disapprovingly before leaving the room.

Charlie walked into the Diner to find Ruby already sitting waiting for her. She smiled across the room at her and Charlie immediately smiled back as she walked across the room to the table.

“Hey, how’s your morning been? Ruby asked as Charlie was taking a seat.

“Yeah ok. Grant was at the Station” Charlie said as she looked up at Ruby.

“Oh are you alright?” Ruby asked as she took hold of Charlie’s hand.

“Yeah fine, thankfully I didn’t see him” Charlie said

“What was he doing there?” Ruby asked

“Making a statement against Angelo” Charlie said

“But it was Grant who started it was it not?” Ruby asked

“They were both at fault Rubes” Charlie said while sighing.

“Well what happened. Did he get arrested? Maybe this can be a start to getting him to confess to what he did to you” Ruby said and Charlie sighed.

“I just want to leave it Rubes. It happened a long time ago. There is no way anything can be proved now, it’s his word against mine. I don’t want to have to drag all those memories back up again” Charlie said before looking away from Ruby and to the floor.

“But Charlie....” Ruby started to speak

“Anyways, how was your morning?” Charlie spoke over Ruby, keen to change the subject. Ruby looked up at Charlie and sighed.

“Yeah okay, for school” Ruby laughed. “Things aren’t as awkward with me and Xav anymore either so that’s good” Ruby replied and Charlie smiled.

“Whatever did happen between you two anyways?” Charlie asked and Ruby sighed

“It just wasn’t working. We were always arguing and I just didn’t love him anymore” Ruby said

“Fair enough. So you are okay with it then?” Charlie asked

“Yeah totally. I was the one who broke it off” Ruby replied before she smiled at Charlie. They sat in silence for a while, eating their lunch, occasionally looking up at each other and smiling but nobody was actually speaking. Charlie wanted to tell Ruby about her and Angelo but she was scared about how she would react to it. Eventually, she took at deep breath and spoke.

“Rubes, there’s something I have to tell you” Charlie said.

“What? What is it? What’s wrong?” Ruby said as she looked up at her quickly with a worried expression on her face. Charlie took another deep breath as he eyes wondered around the Diner before finally looking back at Ruby.

“Me and Angelo are back together” Charlie said slowly and Ruby exhaled lightly and her worried expression fell from her face.

“Is that it?” Ruby asked. “The way you spoke I thought it was something serious” She continued and let out a small laughed.

“Well not a lot of people are going to be pleased when they find out are they?” Charlie said

“Do you really care about what other people think about you?” Ruby asked and Charlie bit her lip.

“Well, I care what you think” Charlie replied as she played with the food left on her plate.

“So if I told you that I hated the guy and didn’t want you to be with him would break it off with him?” Ruby asked and Charlie put her fork down and looked up at Ruby. She sat in silence for a few minutes. She wasn’t sure what to say. She loved Angelo and could see herself spending the rest of her life with him but Ruby was her daughter and the most important person in her life. Was she really going to make her choose?

“I…well….I….if it meant…..” Charlie started to reply.

“I don’t by the way. When you were with Angelo before, you were the happiest I’ve ever seen you. And if being with Angelo makes you happy then I’m happy for you. Ruby smiled as she put her hand on Charlie’s.

“Thanks Rubes” Charlie said through a huge smile. The two of them then stood up and made their way out of the Diner. Ruby gave Charlie a hug goodbye before walking away in the opposite direction. She was almost at the School gates when she heard a voice from behind her. She chose to ignore him and keep walking but she heard him shout again and felt his hand on her shoulder. She stopped walking and turned around to face him.

• 3 weeks later...

Thank you so much for all your comments! :) I have finally got round to getting this update. I hope you like this. :unsure:

Chapter 12

“What do you want?” Ruby asked as she shrugged her shoulder back causing Grant to let go of her.

“You are my daughter Ruby. I want to get to know you and spend time with you”

“Yea well to bad I don’t want to get to know you” Ruby said before she turned around and made to walk in to the School grounds.

“Ruby” Grant shouted as he stepped forward and grabbed hold of her wrist. “Please, don’t I deserve to know my own daughter?”

“Maybe if you weren’t a rapist who should be in prison” Ruby replied before pulling her hand away.

“What a shame that can’t be proved” Grant smirked

“So you are admitting it?” Ruby asked sounding shocked.

“Yeah so. Nothing can be proved now” Grant said casually

“You just confessed to me” Ruby shouted. “You will soon be in prison where you belong” Ruby said as she started to walk away from Grant and the School.

“What proof have you got that I confessed?” Grant shouted and Ruby turned around and bit her lip as she shrugged her shoulders and Grant smirked.

“My word against yours” Grant laughed

“Well it’s worth a shot” Ruby said and she started to walk away again but this time she walked into the school grounds and was immediately greeted by Nicole.

“What did he want?” Nicole asked as she walked up to Ruby.

“Uhm, he said he wanted to get to know me and to spend time with me” Ruby said

“I hope you told him where to go” Nicole said as she linked her arm around Ruby’s.

“Eh yea” Ruby said as she nodded her head slightly.

“Are you alright? You seem a bit distracted. Did everything go okay at lunch with Charlie?” Nicole asked but Ruby was still deep in thought about what Grant had just said to her.

“Hello earth to Ruby” Nicole said

“Oh sorry, what did you say?” Ruby asked flinching slightly as she saw Nicole’s hand waving about in front of her face.

“Lunch with Charlie. Did it go okay?”

“Oh yeah. It was great” Ruby smiled. Nicole smiled back at her as the bell starting to ring indicating they need to get back to class. They walked up the path and into the building and along the corridor before stopping outside Nicole’s class room.

“Well see you later” Nicole said before walking into class.

“Yeah bye” Ruby said before walking along the corridor and into her class. Ruby had only been in class about 10 minutes and she was supposed to be writing a history essay but she just couldn’t concentrate. She just kept thinking about what Grant had said to her. Before she realised what she was doing she was running out of the classroom and the building. She ran out of the school grounds and stopped in her tracks as she saw Grant standing at the school gates.

“Going somewhere?” Grant asked.

Charlie entered the station with a huge smile on her face. She was pleased that lunch with Ruby had went well and was happy that Ruby had accepted her relationship with Angelo. If only everyone would be that accepting she thought as she looked up to find Const. Watson giving her yet another disapproving look. She sighed lightly and walked into her office and took a seat at her desk. She picked up a file and was about to start working on it when Angelo walked into the room. He wrapped his arms around her and kissed her softly on her neck.

“Angelo” Charlie said

“What?” Angelo asked

“Stop it, we are supposed to be working” Charlie said through a smile.

“Make me” He grinned before kissing her again and Charlie giggled lightly.

“Angelo stop it now” Charlie said with more authority in her voice.

“But it’s fun” Angelo grinned

“But we are at work” Charlie said and Angelo nodded and moved away from Charlie and sat at the edge of the desk.

“Is this allowed?” He asked as he took her hand in his and smiled.

“Well I do actually need that hand to write with” Charlie laughed.

“Oh well that’s just too bad” Angelo grinned “So how was lunch with Ruby?” Angelo asked

“It was great thanks” Charlie smiled and she tried to pull her hand away but Angelo tightened his grip.

“Great, did you tell her about us?” Angelo asked tentatively.

“Yeah, she’s happy for us” Charlie smiled and a huge grin appeared on Angelo’s face.

“Well at least someone is. That’s one person who will come to the wedding” Angelo grinned.

“Wedding?” Charlie shouted sounding rather surprised “Angelo, We have only been together a few days. We haven’t even...”

“Well I was hoping to change that soon” Angelo grinned and Charlie blushed. Angelo jumped up from the desk as he heard a knock at the door followed by it opening and Watson entered the room. She threw some paperwork on Charlie’s desk before leaving and slamming the door shut behind her. Charlie looked up at Angelo and sighed.

“Are you going to let her get away with that?” Angelo asked and Charlie just shrugged her shoulders.

“Charlie she shouldn’t be able to treat her boss like that and get away with it. You need to show some authority” Angelo said and Charlie nodded.

“I will talk to her” Charlie said before picking up her pen and started to do some paperwork.

“Well maybe now would be a good time” Angelo suggested

“No, I’m in a good mood today” Charlie replied. “I don’t need that ruined by someone who is being petty” Charlie said and Angelo shrugged his shoulders.

“Okay then but you can’t keep letting her get away with that” Angelo said.

“Your concern is noted” Charlie said as she nodded her head and Angelo sighed lightly.

“So I was thinking we could go out for dinner tonight” Angelo said and Charlie smiled before looking back up at Angelo.

“Yeah that would be good” Charlie smiled and Angelo grinned.

“Okay, I will pick you up around 7?” Angelo said and Charlie nodded.

“Great” Angelo said and he just stood there staring at Charlie.

“Angelo....Angelo.....Angelo” Charlie shouted which caused him to jump slightly before looking at Charlie.

“Yeah?”

“Back to work” Charlie grinned and Angelo laughed before walking out of the office.

Moments later and Const. Watson came running into Charlie’s office.

“Charlie there’s been a road accident we need to get down there now” Const. Watson said and Charlie rose to her feet. Before Charlie got out of her office her mobile started to ring. She looked at the screen to see Rachel was calling her. Before she even got a chance to say hello Rachel was shouting down the phone.

“Charlie, Its Ruby. She’s been in an accident.”

• 3 weeks later...

Okay, so finally got around to updating this. Thank you for all your comments so far. I hope you like this next part! :)

Chapter 13

Charlie sat in the corridor and put her head in her hands as she sighed. The doctors were still working on Ruby and all Charlie could do was wait.

“Morag has gone into the city to get Ross” Angelo said as he sat down next to Charlie and she looked up at him and slowly nodded.

“Thanks for phoning her” Charlie said

“It’s okay” Angelo smiled before putting his arm around Charlie.

“I can’t stop wondering why she was in a car with him” Charlie said and Angelo shook his head.

“Yeah I know. Hopefully we will find out soon, yeah”

“I can’t lose her Angelo” Charlie said

“I know, she’ll pull through” Angelo said hopingly.

“How can you say that? You’re not a doctor, you don’t know that” Charlie shouted as she pushed Angelo away.

“Charlie, I’m only trying to comfort you” Angelo shouted

“What by giving me false hope?” Charlie shouted and Angelo shook his head before sighing. They sat in silence for a few minutes before noticing Const. Watson walking down the corridor. She sat down in a seat opposite Charlie and took a deep breath before talking.

“He wants to speak to you, Charlie” Watson said and Charlie nodded her head slowly.

“No absolutely not.” Angelo said and Charlie stood up and glared at him.

“What gives you the right to decide who I do and don’t speak too?” Charlie snarled before looking back at Watson and taking a deep breath. Watson nodded and stood up and walked along the corridor and into Grant’s room. He was sitting on the bed with his arm in a cast and a few cuts on his face.

“That’s it. You have a broken arm and a few cuts while doctors are fighting to save Ruby’s life.” Charlie shouted as she ran forward and grabbed his arm and shook him.

“Charlie” Watson shouted as she pulled her back.

“I’m so sorry” Grant said. “I never meant to hurt her. I was just trying to stop her telling the police that I admitted raping you” He continued before looking at Watson then standing up.

“I’m so sorry for everything Charlie; I really hope she is okay” Grant said.

“If it makes you feel any better, I made a full confession and admitted to forcing Ruby into my car” Grant said and Charlie shook her head.

“Just take him away” Charlie said and Grant looked down at the floor before Watson led him out of the room and started to walk down the corridor. Charlie walked out of the room and sat back down next to Angelo. They sat in silence for a few minutes before Charlie turned to face him and spoke to him.

“I don’t understand, why now? Why confess after almost 17 years?” Charlie said quietly sounding rather puzzled. Angelo looked up at her and shook his head.

“I don’t know. Maybe he finally feels remorse” Angelo suggested and Charlie shrugged her shoulders before nodding her head slowly. She felt her eyes stinging before tears started to fall down her cheeks. Angelo put his arm around her and held her as she cried.

“I’m sorry for shouting at you before Angelo” Charlie said as she looked up at him.

“Hey hey, don’t worry about it.” Angelo said and Charlie smiled. They sat there for what seemed like hours waiting for news on Ruby. Ross and Morag finally arrived from the city and were also eager to hear news on Ruby.

“What is he even doing here?” Ross said as he shot a look at Angelo.

“Angelo is my boyfriend dad” Charlie said

“Charlie, how can you get back together with him after what he did” Ross said sounding rather angry at his daughter.

“Because I love him” Charlie said as she put her hand over Angelo’s.

“But Charlie darling, he....”

“Look dad, I have already had this from Morag and no matter what you say, it won’t change my mind on how I feel about Angelo. I love him and want to be with him so can you please just accept that and be happy for me” Charlie shouted

“Charlie I....” Ross started to speak but again he was interrupted.

“Guys, I don’t really think this is the time or the place to speak about this. Don’t you think we have more important things to worry about just now?” Angelo said.

“Yes, I actually agree with him” Morag said as she nodded her head.

“Very well but we will talk about this later Charlie” Ross said

“I’m 31 years old dad, you can’t tell me who I can and cannot date” Charlie shouted as she shook her head. Ross looked at his daughter and sighed before putting his head in his hands. A few minutes later and Rachel walked along the corridor looking exhausted. She put her hand up to her forehead and rubbed it while taking a deep breath. Charlie looked up at Rachel with a look of apprehension.

“Please tell me she is going to be okay” Charlie said and Rachel bit her lip before nodding her head slowly.

“It’s still early days yet, but I think she is going to be just fine” Rachel smiled.

Thank you so much for all your lovely comments! :) Hope you like this next part.

Chapter 14

Charlie woke up and walked down the stairs. She walked into her kitchen to find Ross and Morag already having their breakfast.

“Morning, darling. Can I get you any breakfast?” Ross said as he began to stand up from where he was sitting.

“No, Its fine. I’ll get something myself. You sit down and finish yours” Charlie said. As she began getting herself some breakfast there was a knock at the door and Angelo walked into her house.

“Moring” He said cheerily as he walked over to Charlie and gave her a hug and kissed her softly on the forehead.

“In my day the polite thing to do would be to wait until you are invited into someone’s house before walking in” Morag said sharply.

“Yeah well good job it’s not in your day or in fact your house” Charlie retorted.

“Charlie, don’t speak to Morag like that” Ross said raising his voice slightly and Charlie sighed as she rolled her eyes.

“I’m going for a quick shower then we can head to the hospital” Charlie said before leaving the kitchen. A while later and they were ready to go. When they arrived at the hospital they found Ruby was still asleep so they went to the canteen for a coffee until she had woken up.

Ruby woke up to find Rachel standing beside her bed. She smiled at her then slowly moved her hand up to her face and rubbed her forehead gently. She let out a little gasp of pain before trying to sit up in the bed.

“Just take it easy Ruby” Rachel said as she helped her sit up. “You’ve had quite a bad accident.”

“What happened to him” Ruby asked before noticing a puzzled look on Rachel’s face. “Grant I mean” Ruby said.

“Oh, maybe I will let Charlie fill you in” Rachel said and Ruby nodded her head slightly before wincing in pain.

“Is she here?” Ruby asked and Rachel nodded.

“Yeah they are waiting on you to wake up” Rachel said while smiling.

“Oh right, well can ask just Charlie to come in please?” Ruby said and Rachel nodded her head.

“Yeah, sure I will” Rachel smiled before leaving the room. A few minutes later and Charlie appeared in the room. She walked over to Ruby’s bedside and gave Ruby a hug before sitting down next to the bed.

“Hey, how you feeling?” Charlie asked as she took Ruby’s hand in hers.

“Okay, for just being in a car crash” Ruby said before laughing.

“It’s not funny Ruby, I don’t know what I would do without you” Charlie said

“I know” Ruby smiled. “I’d feel the same if it was you” Ruby said

“I wish it was me that he hurt Ruby” Charlie said as a tear rolled down her cheek and Ruby shook her head.

“No, he’s already hurt you enough.” Ruby said as a tear rolled down her cheek. Charlie wiped the tear from her eyes smiled slightly.

“Charlie, about why I was with him I....” Ruby started to speak but Charlie spoke over her.

“It’s alright, you don’t need to explain. He explained everything” Charlie said and Ruby looked slightly confused.

“What, you mean everything? Where is he now then?” Ruby asked.

“Everything Ruby. He’s been taken to prison” Charlie said and Ruby smiled before crying.

“I’m so sorry Charlie” Ruby cried.

“Hey, you’ve nothing to be sorry for” Charlie said before she hugged her daughter once more. They eventually parted from the hug and Charlie sat back down on the seat.

“I really want to fix this Charlie. Us I mean. I know we started to before the crash happened, but I mean I really want to make us work again. No more lies, okay” Ruby said and Charlie smiled while she nodded her head.

“Yeah me too. And I promise no more lies” Charlie said and Ruby smiled.

“So have you told dad and Morag about you and Angelo yet?” Ruby asked and Charlie bit her lip before nodding.

“Yes and as you would expect they are thrilled about it” Charlie replied and Ruby laughed sensing the sarcasm in Charlie voice.

“Sorry Charlie” Ruby said. “I’m sure he will come round eventually. Once he sees how great you are together” Ruby said and Charlie smiled.

“I really hope so Ruby, I can really see myself having a great future with Angelo, but if dad can’t accept us, I don’t know what I will do” Charlie replied before sighing. “Anyways, I’m sure dad and Morag will want to see you” Charlie said and Ruby nodded her head. Charlie kissed Ruby on the forehead before leaving the room.

“Hey dad, hey Morag” Ruby said they walked into the room.

“Hey sweetie” Ross said. “How are you feeling?”

“Yeah I’m fine, considering.” Ruby said and Morag smiled at her.

“And how are things with you and Charlie going?” Ross asked as he took a seat next to Ruby’s bed.

“Alright” Ruby answered quickly and quietly.

“Care to elaborate on that?” Ross asked

“Oh so you do care?” Ruby asked

“Of course I do Ruby” Ross said and he took her hand in his. Ruby stared at him for a few seconds before pulling her hand away.

“Well where were you when all this came out? You just left. You should have stayed here and helped us dad, we needed you but you just left” Ruby shouted.

“Ruby darling, I thought it would be best to leave you to get through this on your own” Ross replied.

“Didn’t you think that maybe we needed you here? That Charlie needed someone to talk to and help her get through this, someone to help me understand” Ruby said raising her voice.

“Ruby, I did what I thought was best for my girls. You needed to work though this together. You had each other to talk to about it. You had Charlie to help you understand” Ross said

“See you don’t have a clue do you. I wouldn’t talk to her. I wouldn’t let her help me understand. I didn’t try to sort things.” Ruby said

“Ruby daring, please remember Ross isn’t well” Morag said

“He’s well enough just now. He should have stayed to help us” ” Ruby snapped and Ross flinched back startled at Ruby’s tone.

“Ruby, I’m sorry if you feel that way. But by the looks of things, you two have managed alone” Ross said

“Well we weren’t exactly on our own. I had Nicole to help me and Charlie, well Charlie had Angelo. You have no idea how great he has been and how much he has helped her get through the last few months.” Ruby said and Ross sighed. “You didn’t have a problem with him the first time they dated” Ruby continued.

“The first time they dated he hadn’t killed anyone” Ross said

“Give him a chance dad. He loves her so much, anyone can see that, and Charlie is finally happy, she has finally let someone in and told them everything about her. Don’t you realise how big a deal that would be for her. She loves him dad and its breaking her heart that you can’t accept them.” Ruby said and Ross nodded his head slowly.

“None of that takes away what he has done and what my niece is going through” Morag snarled.

“Yeah she is so upset that she has jumped into bed with her dead husband’s cousin” Ruby retorted.

“Ruby that’s enough” Ross said “I’m sorry for not being here for you if you felt you needed me, but you know I was only a phone call away. As for Angelo, well only time will tell how I feel about him”

“So you will give him a chance?” Ruby said a smile now present on her face.

“Yes I will, but if he hurts Charlie....”

“He won’t dad. I know he won’t” Ruby said.

After the hospital visit they all went back to Charlie’s house. Charlie and Morag made a start to the dinner while Ross had asked Angelo to go for a walk with him. They left Charlie’s house and walked down to the beach in silence.

“Ruby tells me you have been helping Charlie through the last few months” Ross said as he stopped walking and turned to face Angelo.

“Yes I have” Angelo replied

“Well I am glad she found someone she could open up to so much” Ross said and Angelo smiled.

“I’m glad she felt she could open up to me” Angelo said and Ross nodded.

“Seeing how you were with her yesterday and this morning at the hospital, you must really care for her”

“Yes, I love her a lot, Ross” Angelo said and Ross nodded his head again.

“I can see that Angelo. But can I trust you not to hurt her?”

“Yes you can, I love Charlie with all my heart and I would never do anything to hurt her”

“Like you hurt her before?” Ross questioned. “She loved you Angelo, then you murdered someone”

“That was an accident. Do you really think I would intentionally kill someone?”

“Well no, I don’t” Ross said and Angelo smiled.

“Look Ross, you can trust me with Charlie” Angelo said. Ross stood in silence for a few minutes before nodding his head.

“C’mon let’s get back. Dinner will be ready soon” Ross said as he patted Angelo on the arm. They walked back to the house in silence. When they got in Charlie gave Angelo a quizzical look as he walked over to her and put his arms around her waist.

“What was all that about?” Charlie asked

“I think I just got the seal of approval from your dad” Angelo said before smiling.

Thank you so much for reading and commenting on this fiction. This is the last chapter. I hope you like it. :D

Chapter 15

It had been six months since Ruby’s accident and things with her and Charlie were going great. They had been meeting a lot and things were getting like back to normal with them. Although Charlie expressed interest in having Ruby move back in with her, Charlie eventually agreed that Ruby could stay with Miles. Ruby said she didn’t feel ready to move back in with her and Charlie didn’t want to push it. Ross and Morag visited regularly from the city and although Ross and Angelo got on really well, Morag still found it difficult to accept Angelo as being a part of her family.

Charlie and Angelo walked up the path and into the house. Angelo had bought a house just outside of Summer Bay and was letting Charlie see it. They walked into the front door and through the hall then into the living room.

“4 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms, 2 living rooms, and as you can see a big spacious kitchen” Angelo grinned with excitement as they walked from the one of the living rooms and into the kitchen.

“Angelo, not meaning to sound negative here but isn’t it a bit on the big side for just one person?” Charlie asked.

“Well I was just thinking that myself actually. If only I had a lovely girlfriend to, I don’t know, let’s say, move in with me” Angelo grinned as he wrapped his arms around Charlie’s waist and pulled her closer to him. A huge grin appeared on Charlie’s face.

“Is that your way of asking me to move in with you?” Charlie said. The huge grin still on her face.

“Yes it is. So what do you think?” Angelo grinned as Charlie nodded her head.

“I would love to live with you” Charlie shouted and Angelo smiled as he picked Charlie up and span her around and they kissed passionately.

“Shame you weren’t a better cook then, this kitchen might go to waste” Angelo said before laughing.

“Hey, I can cook fine, thank you very much” Charlie said as she hit Angelo across the arm.

“Yeah right” Angelo laughed as he took a few steps back to avoid another slap across the arm.

“Anyways, we still have a lot of house to see” Angelo grinned as he reached out to take Charlie’s hand and they walked out of the kitchen and down the hall before going up the stairs.

“So this bedroom will be....” Angelo said as he opened the door and Charlie gasped as she saw Ruby sitting on the bed.

“Mine” Ruby grinned before standing up and walking over to Charlie. “That is if you’ll have me?” Ruby asked and Charlie turned her head to face Angelo and Angelo nodded.

“Of course Ruby” Charlie shouted before hugging her daughter. Charlie and Angelo then left the room and walked to the end of the hall and walked into another bedroom, which would be theirs.

“En-Suite and a balcony with a sea view. What more could you ask for in a bedroom?” Angelo asked and Charlie looked around before grinning.

“Uhm A bed?” Charlie questioned noting the lack of one in the room.

“Yeah still need to get one of those” Angelo laughed as he opened the door to the balcony and took Charlie’s hand and led her out. They were standing on the balcony, Angelo with his arm around Charlie as they looked out to the ocean, the sun was shining and it was so peaceful.

“I love this. I love this house, I love you so much Angelo” Charlie grinned

“I love you too” Angelo smiled and the pair embraced in a passionate kiss.

“Eww get a room” Ruby said loudly causing the pair to break apart.

“I thought we were in our room” Angelo laughed

“Yeah well whatever” Ruby said “Anyways, I called Ross and Morag and told them the good news. They are on their way to celebrate with us and they are bringing a bottle of champagne”

“Great. We will be down soon” Charlie said and Ruby nodded before leaving the room. Charlie and Angelo turned around and looked out to the ocean again.

“Wow, Morag’s coming over to my house” Angelo said in astonishment and Charlie couldn’t help but laugh.

“Maybe she’s finally going to try to be civil” Charlie said

“Yeah about time too” Angelo replied

“Yeah. Anyways, we best go down stairs” Charlie said as she walked back into the room and Angelo nodded his head before following her into back into the bedroom. They walked along the hall and down the stairs and into the kitchen. A few seconds later and the doorbell rang and Ruby went to answer it.

“So this is the kitchen” Ruby beamed as she showed Ross and Morag around the house.

“Oh it’s lovely” Morag said and Ruby smiled. “Yeah too bad it’s going to be Charlie’s cooking coming out of it” Ruby laughed.

“Hey, what’s with everyone insulting my cooking today? If you two don’t like it then you can do the cooking” Charlie snarled and Ruby laughed.

“It’s not so bad to make me want to cook myself” Ruby said

“Yeah what she said” Angelo said as he nodded in agreement.

“So, Angelo what would you have done if Charlie said she didn’t want to move in with you?” Ross asked.

“Eh” Angelo said as he scratched his head and a long pause ensued. “I....eh”

“Don’t worry trying to think of an answer babe, there’s no way I would have said no” Charlie smiled as she patted Angelo on the chest.

“So that bottle of champagne going to get opened or is it going to stay in your hands all day?” Ruby asked as she looked at the bottle sitting in Ross’ hands.

“Yeah sure, Angelo do you want to do the honours?” Ross asked as he passed the bottle to him.

Angelo smiled back at Ross and then opened the bottle. Angelo poured 4 glasses and handed them out to Charlie, Morag, Ross and himself.

“Can I have a glass?” Ruby asked and Ross shook his head.

“No darling you can’t” Ross said just as Charlie replied with the answer “Yes, one small glass”

“Sorry Ross, I think I prefer Charlie’s answer” Ruby smirked before pouring herself a glass.

“Eh, I said a small one Ruby” Charlie said as she attempted to take the bottle from her daughter.

“I know speeches aren’t on the cards for today but I would just like to say a few words” Morag said and everyone looked up at Morag. “Angelo, everyone knows I don’t think to fondly of you” Morag started to speak.

“That’s a bit of an understatement” Ruby muttered

“Ruby let her speak” Charlie said as she hit her lightly across the arm. Ruby sighed and rolled her eyes before taking a gulp of the champagne. Morag cleared her throat before she continued with what she was saying. “Anyways, over the past 6 months, I’ve see a different side to you Angelo. Although nothing will be able to take back what you did, I do understand that it was unintentional and I can see how much you mean to Charlie. So for the sake of Charlie and this family, I guess I can be more civil with you” Morag said before a smile appeared on her face. Angelo nodded his head and smiled as Morag clunked her champagne glass against Angelo’s.

“Thanks Morag” Charlie smiled before giving her a hug.

“Aww, isn’t everything working out perfectly” Ruby smiled. “It’ll be weddings and babies next” Ruby said as she skipped around the kitchen unit and took a seat at one of the chairs.

“Well there are still 2 un-occupied bedrooms” Ross grinned as he looked over at Charlie.

“Yeah and they will be staying un-occupied for the foreseeable future” Charlie said and a look of disappointment fell over Angelo’s face.

“So what are you saying? You don’t want all that?” Angelo asked tentatively.

“Of course I do Angelo” Charlie said as she put her arms around his waist. “I’m just happy with the way things are just now and I don’t want to rush things” Charlie said and Angelo nodded his head and smiled before they kissed softly. Hearing Morag clear her throat caused them to pull apart.

“I’m not that accepting of you two yet” Morag said before everyone let out a small laugh. Ruby jumped down from where she was sitting and walked back across to where everyone else was standing.

“Now come on mum, you have to see the swimming pool” Ruby shouted as she took Charlie’s hand and led her out of the house. Charlie stopped walking and looked at Ruby with a look of surprise on her face.

“Mum?” Charlie said with a slightly shocked tone to her voice.

“Well that’s what you are, aren’t you? I thought I’d give it a whirl” Ruby said as she shrugged her shoulders. “But if you want me to call you Charlie then I can”

“Whatever you want Ruby” Charlie smiled and Ruby nodded.

“Right, let’s go see this swimming pool” Ruby smiled and she pulled Charlie out of the house. Angelo picked up the bottle of champagne and topped up Ross and Morag’s glasses before topping up his own.

“I’m going to go join them” Angelo said as he made his way across the room.

“Okay” Ross said as he nodded his head “Oh and Angelo, if you ever did want to marry Charlie then you have my blessing” Ross said and Angelo grinned and nodded his head.

“Thanks, Ross” Angelo said before he walked outside to join Charlie and Ruby. He walked up behind Charlie and put his arms around her waist and kissed her neck softly.

“I love you Charlie Buckton” Angelo said and Charlie smiled.

“Not as much as I love you Angelo Rosetta”

Comments

Archived