Set-Up (by Ashirr-Leigh) - comments

Di

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Awesome stuff! Had been waiting for that for yonks (the truth being revealed, that is). Great to see Kane released - can't help with the technicalities of the trial, being only three weeks into my law degree, but it sounded feasible enough for me!

I'm looking forward to seeing father and son reunited... and some more progress for Dani and Kane.

Can't wait for more! :D

• 1 month later...

Loved this fic, Ashirr-Leigh, it’s been gripping reading from beginning to end. The conversations and the way the characters behaved have always been very realistic. I never know what to write in reviews, but this story has been really good. :)

in a trial 15 years previously which had sent Richie Phillips to jail for the murder of his wife, Kane's mum

So he’s still called Richie, huh? :wink: Didn’t know just what I was starting way back when I gave Kane’s Dad a name...

You made up his name? Ok, now I'm getting freaked out because I'm unable to tell the difference between fanfics and what happens in the programme! :blush: I just thought that was his name! Sorry for stealing it! :P

Thanks for the review though! :) I'm really happy with what you said about dialogue because that's the bit of the chapters that I always put most work in to. I'm not so good on the detail and things, I don't think, so hopefully the dialogue makes up for it!

You made up his name? Ok, now I'm getting freaked out because I'm unable to tell the difference between fanfics and what happens in the programme!  :blush:  I just thought that was his name! Sorry for stealing it!

Thanks for the review though!  :)  I'm really happy with what you said about dialogue because that's the bit of the chapters that I always put most work in to. I'm not so good on the detail and things, I don't think, so hopefully the dialogue makes up for it!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Sort of. Claire named him Ricky in her fanfic When Love and Hate Collide and I was going to ask if she minded if I used it too but for some reason I never got round to it (can’t remember why, it’s over two years ago) so I compromised and used Richie in Breaking Point and next thing I knew everybody was using it!!! H&A have finally given him the name Gus :blink: but I've made that his middle name/nickname. Same with his Aunt, I called her Rose and that's really caught on. Sorry if I’ve confused everyone but I’m flattered!!! Never did like the name Diane for his Mum tho, just couldn’t think of anything else. Don’t think anybody else did either, nobody’s copied that yet!!! :lol:

I really love your fics. The dialogue is always the best bit, but I think the stories flow and make fantastic reading. And there's nothing whatsoever wrong with the detail! :D