Someday

Guest TelephotoMarigold

Story Title: Someday

Story description: Nicole faces upto the Consequences of her actions

Type of story: One shot

Main Characters: Nicole and Aden

Genre: Drama Love

BTTB rating: see official ratings guidance A (References to Sex)

Does story include spoilers: No

Is story being proof read: No

Any warnings: SC

Summary: Nicole takes an important test

"Someday"

(By Nickleback)

How the hell did we wind up like this?

Why weren't we able, to see the signs that we missed

And try turn the tables

Nicole twirled a lock of hair around a finger of her hand. She was nervous. Another 2 minutes to go she thought. She remembered their last argument. He hated her. She didn’t know how they would get through this. It was different this time. She thought she would never have a best friend like him and now this. She looked at her watch and waited.

I wish you'd unclench your fists, and unpack your suitcase

Lately there's been too much of this

But don't think it's too late

Aden paused as he looked around the caravan, dumping his bag on the bed. Roman was right, he had broken his promise and he should have been kicked out but who the hell was Roman these days? Drinking, hanging with that idiot, Gardy and then bawling him and Nicole out. Couldn't the other man tell, he amended the word he was thinking of, that he and Nic had needed each other. Yeah ok, so sleeping with each other was dumb. Just about the dumbest thing he had ever done but holding her as she cried and feeling her press gentle kisses to his neck as she felt him dreaming and soothing him was amazing. Not to mention the sex part, he grinned.

There were too many walls he thought with a sarcastic laugh. He felt closed in. Hemmed in. Unable to breathe. Like when he was a kid in the dark of his bedroom. He reached for his phone and looked at the display. He didn’t know which one he wanted to call he thought suddenly and that felt weird.

Nothing's wrong, just as long as

You know that someday I will

Nicole looked at the plastic wand in her hand. It was positive. She groaned. She looked at the other one and that had the two pink plus signs on it. Ok, that was positive too, she thought. Maybe, if she did another one.

Someday, somehow

I’m gonna make it all right but not right now

I know you’re wondering when

(You’re the only one who knows that)

Aden looked down at the text he had just typed out. Words of love tripping onto the screen. He wondered if he had the guts to send it.

Someday, somehow

I’m gonna make it all right but not right now

I know you’re wondering when

Five tests later and they were all positive. Nicole looked at the screen of her phone and dialled a number. It was already programmed in but she needed to steady her hand and focus on something else for a moment. She looked down and noticed that she had typed her Dad’s number while her mind had drifted. Ok, that was dumb, she thought clearing the display and retyping the number. She hit the call button and the phone was answered.

“Hello, I need to talk to you.” She said. “Can we meet?”

Well I'd hope that since we're here anyway

That we could end up saying

Things we've always needed to say

So we could end up staying

Aden placed his phone in his pocket and stood and walked out of the caravan. He needed some fresh air, he thought. He waved to Miles on the way past as he walked to the diner.

Now the story's played out like this

Just like a paperback novel

“Hello” Nic said when she saw him.

“Hey! What’s wrong you sounded serious on the phone.” He asked kindly. He reached out and tugged on the lock of hair away that she was twisting around her finger.

“I took a test. Actually I took a bundle of them. They are positive.” She paused and looked up tearfully.

“Nic are you telling me that you are pregnant?” he asked.

“Yes I suppose I am. I don’t know.” She trailed off. “I mean like I practised safe sex.”

“Wow, Nic, I think you’d make a great Mum if that is what you decide you want to do.” He told her, pausing he smiled. “You have my support you know that right?” he said, and suddenly pulled her into his arms, sensing that she needed a hug.

She suddenly started sobbing against the hard wall of his chest clinging to him when her legs refused to give her support.

Let's rewrite an ending that fits

Instead of a Hollywood horror

She looked up at him with tears still falling from her blue eyes. “I know it’s dumb but I want this baby,” she told him.

He nodded his understanding.

“I mean I’m nearly all on my own and I’m way too young but I did this, I had sex so I have to face the consequences And I can’t be any worse than my own mother.” She paused and looked up at him. “What do you think?” she asked him.

“I think you will be great. I never thought of you as a Mum but you’ve taken care of Roman since his accident.” He said. “And he’s acted like a big baby.”

“Thank you.” She said and wiped her eyes.

“Are you going to tell the father?” he asked taking a deep breath.

She looked at him.

“I just did.” She smiled. “Geoff, your the father!"

Geoff smiled.

“I was hoping that was going to be your answer.”

They both looked up as Aden walked into the Diner.

Comments

Archived