Guest adellejefferiesxox

Story Title: Insecurity

Type of story: One shot

Main characters: Aden Jefferies and Belle Taylor

BTTB rating: G

Genre: Drama/ Romance

Spoilers: No

Any warnings: No

Summary: Belle is pregnant...what secret is Aden keeping from Belle that may stop him from embracing fatherhood.

“Hey babe, you alright you sounded weird on the phone” Aden entered Irene’s house.

“Aden...there’s something I really have to tell you” Belle’s heart raced a million miles an hour, the pounding out her heart could be felt without placing her hand on her chest. “Yeah what’s up” Aden replied causally, not expecting the life changing news. “I....I’m pregnant” Belle came right out and said it. “You’re what...?” Aden asked her as the information didn’t process. “I said I’m pregnant” Belle repeated herself. “Are you sure?” Aden said as he looked in disbelief. “Yes I’m sure...I took like 3 pregnancy tests” Aden stared his mouth opened slightly. “And you’re pregnant...” Aden questioned again.

“Yes Aden I am pregnant, is everything ok?” Belle could see the fear in Aden’s eyes. Aden’s palms began to feel sweaty. “I....I....have to go....” Aden rushed out of the room leaving Belle looking shocked and confused.

“This isn’t happening...how did....how did this happen....I can’t be a father, I can’t. I can’t!” Aden walked up and down the beach panicking.

“Hey..why are you crying” Geoff came out of his room, “Just leave me alone” Belle wiped her tears with a tissue. “What’s wrong” Geoff sat next to her placing a hand on her shoulder. “I told Aden”

“Ohh..I’m guessing he didn’t take it to well” Geoff didn’t know what else to say. “Well obviously, I cant believe I was dumb enough to think he’d be supportive or even happy about it. Guys just run a mile as soon as there’s a major commitment in the relationship” Belle frowned. “I’m sure he’ll come around”

“What if he doesn’t....I don’t wanna lose him, Geoff. I love him so much” Belle burst into tears again. “We’ll lets just say Aden doesn’t want to be a father, what then?” Geoff’s question was exactly helping Belle. “I...I don’t know I mean...Aden’s my life, he’s....he means everything to me, I can’t lose him again”

“So what are you going to do”

“If Aden doesn’t want the baby then....maybe...” Belle thought about the possibility of having abortion she had always been against the idea but the thought of losing Aden scared her to death.

“I’ll just wait and see what happens” Belle gave Geoff a reassuring smile. Taking the life of an innocent being is not something Belle wanted to do.

“You’re back” Belle sobbed as Aden entered the living room. “I am” Aden carefully made his way to the couch.

“Belle I’m really sorry I ran out on you...it just freaked me out” Aden knew he could not hide from this any longer, he loved Belle, he wanted to give her a future and a family but the fear paralysed him.

“Aden the way you reacted....it really hurt me. To be rejected by someone you know loves you.......I...I didn’t think I’d be able to look you again ever....again” Belle warned Aden as her lips and voice shook, she was mad at him but at the same time she felt fear. “I understand” Aden said softly.

“So why can’t you support me Aden. I don’t understand!” Belle’s patience finally spilt yelling at him.

“It’s not that simple Belle...I can’t do this” Aden said in embarrassment and ashamed.

“Why.....why can’t you do this! Why can’t you be there for me, Aden!” Belle shouted.

“I...I....don’t wanna......harm our baby” Aden’s eyes began to water, his eyes had suddenly looked red.

“What are you talking about....” The sadness was present in her voice. “Aden, please just tell me what’s wrong” Belle demanded.

“I can’t be a father....because of what happened to me...I’ll treat my child like my grandfather treated me” Belle was shocked, she couldn’t believe what she was hearing. “Aden..” Belle replied sympathetically. “This is why you have to keep it away from me so I don’t hurt it, so I don’t mess our baby up”

“You think you’re messed up because of what happened to you” Belle questioned. “Y...yes Belle, look at me” Although Aden had received counselling it would never erase the painful memories. “Aden just because you were abused as a child doesn’t mean that you’ll continue that cycle of abuse” Belle said calmly, trying to ingrain the message into his head. “Yeah right” Aden whispered under his breath. “You know what I see what I look at you....I see this amazing guy who’s gonna make a loving father. A father who will do matter ever it takes to protect it and nurture it” The message still was getting through to Aden.

“What you don’t believe me?” Belle questioned using a threatening tone. Aden sighed he wanted to believe, but he couldn’t, “Remember what I said to you after I came out of rehab, remember what I promised you?”’

Aden nodded, “I promised I would never lie to you Aden. I am not lying when I tell you you’ll make great dad and I am not lying when I tell you will not become a child abuser”.

“Look I know this is hard for you...I understand that, all I’m asking is you try baby. Because I really need you right now, I can’t do this without you” Belle looked desperate terrified she’d lose Aden once more.

Aden hesitated standing in silence. “Please Aden, please!” Belle begged, but Aden stood in silence. “Do you think I’d make a good mother? Because I tell you what I’m terrified” Aden looked at her, “Are you kidding me? I know you’d make a perfect mother, you were born to have children” Belle smiled, but still looked uneasy. “I am scared too Aden, I’m scared I’ll stuff everything up. I’m scared I’ll be a terrible mother, but that doesn’t mean I won’t try” Belle said hoping her words would inspire some faith into Aden.

“Okay” Aden finally managed to say.

Aden took a deep breath in, as he breathed out his words of honesty and love flowed out “Sweetheart, don’t think for one moment I don’t wanna be there for you because I do. I mean I wanna be there for you, through it all. But like I said....I am scared, but you’re scared too and that’s okay right”

“Of course it is” Belle smiled. Aden was finally coming to terms with the situation, “ and I’ll promise to do my best and give all I can give to you Belle. Babe, I love you more than you know”. Belle smiled knowing the man she loved finally realised what she saw in him all along.

“I love you too, always...” Belle moved forwards and slowly moved her lips closer to his, pressing down on his lips gave a sense of relief and comfort, pulling away Belle stared straight into his blue eyes, “I believe in you..I know you can do this”

“Thank you Belle, I do not know what you see in me, but I know I am forever grateful”

Belle sighed wrapping her arms around his neck, “I love you Aden Jefferies”

“Now that I believe” Aden joked letting out a laugh. “Shut up” Belle kissed him again, this way the only way Belle could shut him up.

Comments

Archived