Guest beckyboo

Story Title: Because You Loved Me

Type of story: Long Fic

Main Characters: Martha, Jack, Ric, Tony, Sally, Brad and Cam

BTTB rating: A

Genre: Mixture

Does story include spoilers: Yes

Any warnings: V/D

Summary: Martha's been caught out in her new job - what will she do? And will Cam let her go that easily?

-

I would like to say a huge thank you to Tasha and Puja and Aaron as im special and needed three proof readers :P

At the moment this is a one shot but I have some ideas on how to develop this but im not sure yet, I will see what feedback I get.

Enjoy. :)

Because you loved me

Martha was sitting backstage at the Rocket Club where she had been, well, you could say forced but than again, Cam didn’t hold a gun to her and make her. She just was manipulated into doing it; you could say she did out of guilt.

All she wanted was to get changed and go home to her family and a man that loved her. She decided that she was going to phone Jack and beg him to come and get her away from Cam and this place because, deep down, she knew Cam was using her as an investment and mot because he genuinely had feelings towards her.

Martha picked up the phone and began to search for his number. She found it and pressed call and put it to her ear.

“You’ve reached Jack Holden please leave a message after the beep” the answer phone said Martha sighed and hung up!

“One more night Mac, one more night and then you will let Jack help you” she said aloud to herself.

Meanwhile at the surf club

Peter and Dan and Ric and Jack and Brad and Tony were all waiting for the minibus to take them all to Peters surprise for his buck’s party.

“And its here, the van is here” Dan walked in, shouting excitedly.

They all got in the van and the driver began to drive them to the place Martha wanted nobody to no about; the Rocket Club. So they all set off and about 10 minutes later, they arrived at their destination

“The Rocket club” Pete said.

“Yeah some guys told me about it at the gym” Dan says “It has pole dancers” he added a little too enthusiastically.

“What’s up Jack?” Ric asked him.

“Oh nothing, just a missed call from Martha” he said.

“Well you can ask her yourself what she wanted because she works behind the bar here” Ric said.

“Here? She works in a pole dancing club?” Jack said shocked.

“Yes but behind the bar” Ric said.

Meanwhile backstage

“Martha you’re on in 5 minutes” Cam shouted.

“Ok” she shouted back.

5 minutes later

Martha walked on to stage and started to fling herself around the pole very seductively.

“Whoa mate whoever that is, she’s an amazing dancer” Ric said with wide eyes at the brunette on stage

“Um” Jack said thinking she looks oddly familiar.

“If you want to get over Martha and Sam, have a one night stand with her. I’m sure that will sort you out” Ric joked.

Jack just laughed a bit. He knew that person was someone he knew and he had seen her thousands of times before, but he couldn’t see her face.

All Martha was thinking as she was flinging herself around that pole was, ‘why am I doing this why oh why’.

All the lads were cheering, all except Jack; he wanted to know who this girl was.

Martha decided enough was enough. The only way to get out of this mess was to show her face to the crowd and dance a bit more in front of them.

Big mistake.

As soon as she turned around, all she saw was her estranged husband and father in law, her cousin, Brad, Dan and Peter. They all stood there rooted to the spot; all except Jack- he ran towards the stage. Martha wanted to run into his arms but she knew she couldn’t, not here, so she ran backstage into the dressing room and began to sob!

Meanwhile

“You let me through now mate; that’s was my wife!” Jack was screaming at the bouncers

“Whats going on?” Cam shouted, “Where’s Martha” but then he saw Jack and realised, “Get them all out of here now” he ordered the bouncers. He then went in search of Martha; his money making machine.

“Babe you ok?” Cam asked her as he walked in.

“What does it look like” she shouted at him.

“Ok. I’m sorry but it’s not as bad as you think” he tried to reason with her.

“Are you crazy? Of course it is! Most of the male population of the Bay saw me wearing underwear and flinging myself around a pole” she sobbed.

He tried to hug her but she pushed him away. “I’m getting dressed just leave me” she said.

“Fine” he said and walked out. He remained calm on the outside but on the inside he wanted to kill someone. He didn’t care who; he was so mad that Martha was doubting her career move and now, she may not have said that, but he could tell by the look in her eyes.

Martha finally emerged out of the dressing room and asked Cam to take her home.

Back at Sally’s

“I can’t believe she’s doing this” Ric said, still outraged.

“It’s not her, it’s Cam” Jack said

“She will be stripping next” Ric said

“What?!” Sally asked shocked as she walked in “whats going on?” she added

“Well” Brad started to explain to Sally before Ric snuck off.

“Where’s Ric?” Brad asked

“Oh no” Jack said and ran off after him.

Martha and Cam where back at the apartment. He was telling her that she should continue because it’s making her independent and she has money. But, he knew she was trying to find a way to let him down gently.

“Martha, come on, say something” Cam said to her

“I’ve been thinking” she started

“About?” Cam said, although he already knew the answer

“The club, I can’t do it anymore. I just can’t. Jack has never looked so disappointed in me in his whole life” she began to cry

“But you’re not married anymore, you don’t love him Martha” Cam tried to reason with her.

“Excuse me, we are married and how the hell would you know whether I love him or not?” she said

“Because you love me” Cam said, matter of factly.

“Oh I do?” she said “have I ever said that?” she added.

“Martha come on, please” Cam started but was interrupted by the door.

“I’ll go and don’t you dare move” he said threatingly to Martha.

Martha was now scared. She wanted to scream for help but she couldn’t.

“Where is she?” Jack said.

“She’s in the shower constable, I’ll tell her you dropped by” Cam closed the door and walked towards Martha

“You’re not going anywhere, well, except for the club where you will continue to dance” he said to her.

Martha then all of a sudden had an urge and screamed Jack’s name.

Cam moved towards her and, with one swift move, gave her a back hander. He had given Martha a slap across the face just as Jack, Sally, Brad, Ric and Tony walked in.

Jack went to punch Cam but saw the state Martha was in and made his way over to her where, she just fell into his arms.

“Come on Martha, you can’t seriously stay with your family not after everything they've put you through” Cam argued

“Excuse me” Ric said.

“Well you haven’t exactly supported her when she needed you the most” he said.

“Just go, get out all of you, please just go” Martha cried as she looked up away from Jack warm strong embrace.

“Your heard her now go” Cam said as he smirked.

“You as well Cam. I never want to see you again now, all of you just get out” she shouted

“Martha you can’t be serious” Cam said.

“I am now GO!” she shouted at them all.

Cam walked out and everyone else followed just as Jack was about to close the door he heard his name being called.

“Jack come back please” she sobbed like a little girl.

Jack just took her in his strong arms as she fell against him and sobbed for what seemed like hours.

“I’ve been so stupid” Martha began.

“No don’t” Jack said to her

“No I have to tell you this. I have been the most stupidest person in the bay, you all tried to warn me about Ash and I wouldt listen and then Cam but still, Martha Holden had to be right” she said unaware of what she had called herself.

Jack started to smile

“Oh you think its funny now” she said.

“No of course not it’s just” he began.

“Come on, spit it out” she told him.

“You called yourself Martha Holden” he smiled.

“Oh” was all she could say and looked away embarrassed.

“Ooo Martha Holden is all embarrassed” he laughed at her.

“I’m not” she said stubbornly.

“See, there’s the old Martha I know and love” he said as he gazed at her.

“What, the one who always has an answer for everything” she giggled.

Martha and Jack decided to go for a walk on the beach later on that night. They went to their favourite place.

“Jack” she said.

“Yes” he replied.

“Can you help me get back to normal?” she asked him shyly.

“Well I will have to think about that, my schedule is quite busy” he joked.

“Well, if you’re going to be like that then” she joked back with him.

“Course I can; it would be my absolute pleasure” he said to her.

Martha laughed to herself

“May I ask what’s so funny?” he said to her.

“What you just said reminded me of something” she giggled.

“Can I ask what part was funny in, ‘may I ask what’s so funny?’” he asked her confused.

“No, the one before that” she said.

“Oh right” he said pretending he knew what she meant.

“You don’t remember do you” she said to him.

Flashback 2 years earlier.

Martha had gotten stuck in mud a little out of the way of Summer Bay and she was well and truly stuck. She didn’t know what she was going to do. She had seen a car, flagged it down and it turned out to be none other than her future husband, although, if you said that to Martha at the time, you would not be here at this moment. She tried to act like she wasn’t stuck and she didn’t want to ask for his help.

“Just admit you’re stuck and you need help” Jack said to her.

“Not from you I don’t” she answered him back.

“Fine, if you think you can handle it on your own” he said to her while walking towards his own car.

Martha looked around and then said to him reluctantly, “Wait”.

“Yes” Jack said to her while leaning on his car door.

“Can you give me a hand” she said uninterested.

Jack just looked at her.

“Please” she said to him.

“Course I can; it would be my absolute pleasure” he said to her.

End of flashback.

“Ahhhh” he said.

“Yes” she laughed at him.

Martha and Jack just stared at one another; both of them wanting the other person but not knowing if the other person wanted them. Just then it started to rain.

Martha then knew what she wanted and she didn’t want to hesitate and wait any longer.

“Jack” she said awaking him from his thoughts, “I love you” she said.

“What?” Jack said, making sure he heard right.

“I love you; I don’t think I ever stopped” she said to him truthfully.

“I love you too” he said to her.

The both leaned in to each other and Martha finally got the kiss she had been dreaming about for the past 6 months.

Because you loved me (Celine Dion)

For all those times you stood by me

For all the truth that you made me see

For all the joy you brought to my life

For all the wrong that you made right

For every dream you made come true

For all the love I found in you

Ill be forever thankful baby

Youre the one who held me up

Never let me fall

Youre the one who saw me through through it all

You were my strength when I was weak

You were my voice when I couldnt speak

You were my eyes when I couldnt see

You saw the best there was in me

Lifted me up when I couldnt reach

You gave me faith coz you believed

Im everything I am

Because you loved me

You gave me wings and made me fly

You touched my hand I could touch the sky

I lost my faith, you gave it back to me

You said no star was out of reach

You stood by me and I stood tall

I had your love I had it all

Im grateful for each day you gave me

Maybe I dont know that much

But I know this much is true

I was blessed because I was loved by you

Im everything I am

Because you loved me

You were always there for me

The tender wind that carried me

A light in the dark shining your love into my life

Youve been my inspiration

Through the lies you were the truth

My world is a better place because of you

Im everything I am

Because you loved me

Im everything I am

Because you loved me

Im everything I am

Because you loved me

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thank you to Tasha for proofing it!!!!!

I forgot to mention Jack and Martha have a 3 year old daughter in this fic! She fell pregnant a few months after they first got together.

Because you loved me

Martha’s life had been back to normal for about 3 weeks now. Her and Jack were taking things slowly: they lived together but slept in separate bedrooms. They only lived together because of their daughter, Ava, who was 3 years old. But she was realising quickly that Ava and Jack made her happy and she was happiest when she was with them. She would spend her days at the beach or park with Ava and then her nights at home in Jacks arms while they watched the TV.

Martha and Jack were watching Ava as she lay in between his legs and rested on his chest. Ava was playing in the sand like she was a happy 3 year old child when in fact she had been deeply affected by her mother’s lifestyle and for that Martha felt guilty.

Four hours later

Ava was watching Hocus Pocus and Martha was in her room talking to Jack.

“I want to move back into our room” she asked him “if that’s ok that is” she added.

“You sure?” he said “I mean I want you too and all but I don’t want to push you” he added quickly.

“Yes I’m sure” she giggled at his nervousness.

Ava was sitting on the couch when the phone rang.

“Ello” Ava said down the phone.

“Hey Ava is your mummy there? It’s Uncle Cam,” he said.

“No mummy’s not here she doesn’t want to talk to you!” she said and put the phone down

“Ava who was that” Jack asked her, as he walked into the lounge room.

“Uncle Cam. I don’t like him. He used to hit mummy when I was in bed” Ava said sadly.

Jack stood there horrified. He never though he had hit Martha more than that one time.

“Did he ever hit you, Ava?” Jack asked his daughter.

“No! Mummy would always stop him,” she said.

Jack was horrified further he would try to hit his daughter.

“Ok! We’re not going to tell mummy the phone rang are we?” he said.

“No daddy, it can be our little secret,” she giggled.

An hour later

Martha had gone out to the Diner to get some dinner as neither Jack nor Martha wanted to cook.

Ava was sitting on Jack’s knee watching Hi-5.

“Daddy?” she asked him.

“Yes princess”

“Will mummy ever go back to that bar and work with uncle Cam again?” She asked him fearful of his answer unaware that Martha was listening in the doorway.

Martha felt a sudden serge of guilt flow through her body. Not only had she been naïve, she had also put her child through 2 months of pure hell, and for what, Martha was unsure of.

“No princess, she’s not” Jack said confidently as kissed her forehead.

Martha was putting Ava to bed when all of a sudden Ava started to cry.

“Ava, what’s the matter?” she asked her daughter.

“You,” Ava answered truthfully.

“Me?” Martha asked confused.

“Yes! Mummy, we’re not going to leave daddy again are we? Because I love my daddy and I don’t want to go anywhere,” she said.

“No sweetie were going to stay with daddy forever. Now were not going anywhere” she said as she pulled Ava in to a hug. It was then Martha realised that Ava had missed her daddy just as much as Martha had.

That night Martha had never felt so safe in her own bed in all of her life. She had Jack and she didn’t want to be anywhere else.

“Martha?” Jack said.

“Yes Jack” she replied.

“I know we haven’t been back together long and I know it’s too soon but I want another child” he said quickly.

“Whoa! What?” Martha stammed

“God I knew I shouldn’t have said anything. Me and my big mouth” Jack said ashamed that he had even suggested it.

“I think it’s a great idea” she said.

“What?” Jack said.

“I meant to say ok,” she said back to him just as Ava walked in.

“Mummy can I sleep with you and daddy tonight, please?” she asked sweetly.

“Of course you can princess” Jack said.

“Well then Mr. Holden, that baby you promised me will have to wait until tomorrow now” she giggled and gave him a quick kiss and then the three of them fell asleep as one big happy family!

Thank to Emma fpr proofing

Because you loved me

5 Months later

Martha and Jack had been back together for 5 months now, they had been trying for a baby for 4 months and 3 weeks but nothing was happening.

This was frustrating Martha, but she wouldn’t let it show.

“Mummy, mummy guess what!” Ava cried as she ran out of the nursery.

“What?” Martha asked as she picked her up and gave her a kiss.

“Well you know Lois in my class?” she began

“Yeah I think so,” Martha said

“No mummy you do, look over there that’s her,” she said pointing to a little girl who was with her Gran.

Martha turned around and saw a little girl standing there with her Gran; there was also another girl that Martha presumed was her big sister.

“Yes I know,” Martha lied. Infact she had no idea who she was, but Martha knew she looked very familiar.

“Well she’s having a party for her birthday and I got an invite!” she said happily.

“Oh that’s nice Ava,” Martha said

“Mummy you’re not listening!” Ava exclaimed.

“I am.” Martha said even though she wasn’t

“Never mind mummy” she sighed as Martha put her down and held her hand tightly. Jack was working so Martha decided to take a detour on the way home.

“Daddy!” Ava shouted as she ran into the police station.

“Hello Princess,” he replied, kissing her forehead.

Martha and Jack were talking in the office. She was telling him about Lois and who she thought she was.

Meanwhile

Ava was on the front desk helping out Peter when the phone started to ring.

“Good afternoon Yabbie Creak Police Station, Detective Baker speaking” Peter said. Ava was listening intently to what her Uncle Pete was saying, when the other phone rang. There was no one there to answer it so she did.

“Hello Ava Jaclyn Holden talking what do you want?” she said down the phone just as Jack walked out.

He noticed Ava had the phone.

“Ava no!” he said and took the phone away

“Constable Holden speaking,” he said

There was an angry woman on the end of the phone

“Yes I know, but, but, but…” Jack was getting cut off all the time by the old lady.

Meanwhile

“Ava that was a naughty thing to do.” Martha was told her, luckily McGrath saw the funny side of it.

“Im so sorry Darren I just needed to talk to Jack urgently otherwise she wouldn’t be here” Martha was telling him

“Martha don’t worry, she’s a child she’s fine. Plus that old duck won’t be ringing us anymore, she phones everyday because the neighbour’s cat won’t leave her garden.” He said to her.

Ava was listening to all this.

“So, Daddy catches cats and not bad people.” she said confused “Because that’s not a good job, Mummy, what will people say?” she added

“Excuse me Ava” Martha asked confused as Darren looked as equally confused

“Daddy needs a cool job so when people say ‘Ava what does you daddy do?’ I can’t say, ‘Oh my Daddy catches cats’ she explained to them.

“And what about Mummy?” Darren asked, Martha knew she was about to be shamed.

“I would have said, my Mummy works in bar in her underwear but now I say my Mummy works at my Granddad’s juice bar!” she said

Darren looked at Martha he knew all about her past so it was alright.

“Classic, smart kid, just don’t let Holden waste it,” he laughed

Martha looked at Ava sternly

“Ava Jaclyn Holden, what have Mummy and Daddy said bout telling the Mummy and the underwear story?” she said to her

“Not to tell anyone!” she said shyly but with a small smile on her face. She was most definitely Daddy’s little princess.

“But Mummy it was only Uncle Darren, and Uncle Pete saw you so it’s not a big thing,” she said confidently, the stubborn side of Martha shinning through.

Martha couldn’t believe all this was coming from a three-year-old child.

“Ava Jaclyn Holden.” Martha said

“Yes mummy?” she said sweetly in her most angelic voice.

“I love you,” Martha smiled at her daughter.

“I love you too Mummy” Ava said as she flung her arms round Martha’s neck.

Three hours later

“Mummy when’s Daddy coming home?” Ava cried. She was tired but she wouldn’t go to bed until Jack gave her a good night kiss.

“I don’t know sweetie,” she said trying to remain calm, but she couldn’t. He promised her this would not happen, he promised her that her and Ava were his top priority.

Four hours later

It was now 11pm and Ava had fallen asleep on Martha’s lap waiting for her Daddy to come home and give her a kiss. The kiss never came.

Martha put Ava to bed and went out to the living room she was watching T.V for a while, when she glanced at the clock. It was 12.30. She was now so angry with Jack that she considered leaving with Ava.

“Hey” she was awoken for her thoughts when Jack walked in.

“And where have you been?” she said to him angrily but quietly as not to wake Ava.

“Working.” he stated matter-of-factly.

“Working, I should have known.” She replied storming off and slamming the door behind her.

Jack walked and started to question her.

“What the hell does that mean?” he yelled at her forgetting about Ava.

“You used to work all the time when we were together, when Ava was born,” she yelled back at him.

Ava was lying in bed under the cover clutching her teddy. The yelling was reminding her of when Martha and Cam would always fight.

“I know, I’m sorry and I promise it won’t happen again ok?” he said to her

“Promise me Jack,” she replied, hurt showing in her eyes.

“I promise.” he said as he moved forward and embraced her.

---

Martha and Jack where lying in bed wrapped in each other arms, eventually they fell asleep at 3am.

Unbeknownst to them, someone had had a key cut to Martha and Jack’s house, and was know roaming around inside it looking for someone.

The person came to the bedroom of a 3-year-old child and started to gather her up in her quilt covers. They put her teddy in with her and then carried her off towards a car and drove away. All this happened whilst Martha and Jack slept in the room next door.

Thanks everyone

This is for Tasha for proofing it

And for Puja as shes not well :(

Martha had awoke earlier than usual and looked over at the clock it said 6.15am.She looked over at jack and a small smile crept of her mouth, she couldn’t believe she was going to do this but here goes, she though to herself.

“Jack” Martha whispered seductively in his ear

Jack woke up and looked over at Martha

“What time is it” he grunted.

“Baby time,” she said to him seductively.

“Well I can’t say no to that, now can I? ” Jack said and started to kiss her.

Hour and a half later

“Well, was I worth the wait?” Martha asked Jack.

“Most defiantly” he laughed at her.

Martha got up and had a shower and went to make the breakfast.

“Jack?” she shouted.

“Yeah babe?” he shouted back.

“Will you wake Ava up, please” she said.

“Yeah sure hun.” he shouted back and proceeded towards Ava’s room.

“Martha I think she must be playing hide and seek or something, because she’s not in here,” he said.

“Jack, come on stop kidding around. She is probably hiding in her wardrobe or something” she said as she walked in the room but was overcome with something was not quite right.

“Her bedcovers are gone! Why would her bedcovers be gone?” Martha said as she started to panic.

“Martha, calm down, please” he said to her. “There has to be some reasonable explanation.”

“Like what?” she said to him getting more and more panicky by the second.

“Maybe she went next door to dads. I’ll go check” Jack said.

Jack ran over to Tony’s.

“Dad is Ava here?” Jack asked Tony.

“No, why would Ava be here?” Tony asked confused.

Jack just ran out of Tony’s house with Luc and Tony right behind him.

“Martha, she’s not there” he said.

“Maybe she’s gone the beach or something” Martha said.

“I don’t know but I’m calling Peter and Darren” Jack said as he picked up the phone.

While Jack was on the phone Martha noticed Ava’s teddy bear on the front porch as the door was open.

“Jack, look” she said softy as she seen Ava’s teddy just laying there on the floor, the teddy’s dress blowing in the wind.

Martha walked over and picked it up and completely broke down, sobbing and screaming Ava’s name.

A whole day had gone by and the sun was starting to set everyone in Summer Bay was searching for the lost little girl, but had to stop for the night.

All that was going through Martha’s head was ‘where is she?’

Preview

Will Ava be found!?

Someone makes a reappearance

Thanks to everyone who replied

Thank you to Puja for proofing

This is dedicated to Tasha becasuse I said some harsh things about someone she loves very dearly :P

Martha was sitting in Ava’s bedroom holding her teddy and thinking who would want to take her little girl away. Martha then started to question herself as a mother; if she had never left Jack in the first place, would Ava be here now?!

The Bay had stopped searching for the night and so had the police. The police were at the house incase someone contacted Martha and Jack for a ransom. The forensic people had been but, the person that had taken Ava had not left a trace so hope was running out. They had no clues whatsoever to link anyone to the disappearance of the little girl.

Martha had not spoken all day and Jack was really worried about her. It was as if she was scared to talk to anyone because if she even started to speak, she was overcome by emotion and would start to cry. Martha couldn’t handle anyone seeing her crying, her daughter was missing and she still couldn’t cry in front of anyone. In fact, the only person she could cry in front of was Jack. It was as if she had to be strong for everyone else.

Her grandfather, Sally, Brad and Ric were all there as was Tony, Lucas, Maddie.

Jack, on the other hand, was completely the opposite to Martha. He couldn’t believe that someone had the right to come in and take his sleeping daughter; his little princess.

Jack was sitting at the front porch when Luc came out to see him.

“Hey” Luc said quietly.

“Hi” Jack said trying to quickly wipe away the tears.

“You don’t have to put on a front for me you know” Luc said.

“I know, but who has the right to come in and take my sleeping daughter; my little princess?” Jack said angrily, as he began to break down. Luc just put his hand on Jack’s shoulder to show him that he was there for him.

Jack and Luc both came in after about 10 minutes.

“Martha still in Ava’s room?” he asked them all, more of a statement than a question.

“Yeah Ric’s in there with her” Alf said.

“Oh right, I’ll leave them for a little while” Jack said and walked out to the kitchen where Peter was sitting near the phone.

“What’s going happen Peter if we don’t find her?” Jack said as his voice shook.

Meanwhile in Ava’s room

“I feel like a complete failure as a mother” she said.

“What, why?” Ric said.

“I made a vow to protect my daughter from everything and look, I didn’t live up to it. She’s gone and there’s not a thing I can do about it” she said, clinging to Ava’s teddy.

Ric just wrapped her in a warm embrace and the tears that were building up inside her fell.

The next day

The whole of the Bay were out searching again for the little girl but there was nothing; absolutely no trace. It was as Ava had never existed in life, let alone the Bay. The person who took her had knowledge about what the police would look for so therefore, all the evidence was gone.

Martha had gone for a walk along the beach. She had to get out of the house.

“Oh Martha” she heard as Colleen rushed towards her.

“Great, just what I need” Martha thought to herself.

“Oh Martha, everyone is sorry to hear about Ava, you must be feeling awful” Colleen began.

“Excuse me” Martha said.

“I said you must feel just awful I can imagine” she went on again.

“Oh my god, why can’t you just stay of out of other peoples business for crying out loud? You have no idea whatsoever how me and Jack feel so keep you opinions to yourself” And with that, Martha started to walk away.

Jack had seen all of the confrontation and now was trying to get Martha to open up to him about how she was feeling.

“Jack just give up, I’m fine” she huffed.

“No you’re not! Just admit it Martha, nobody will think any less of you if you admit your not coping” he said to her softly.

“Who do you think has her?” she said trying to change the subject.

“I don’t know” Jack sighed sadly.

“Do you think they’re taking care of her?” she said.

“I don’t know” he said again.

“She doesn’t have Mr Snuggles Jack” Martha said softly and then she began to break down. Jack just wrapped her in a warm embrace telling her everything would be ok.

In the distance someone was watching them, someone that Martha never wanted to see ever again.

He was watching Martha and Jack and it actually made him sorry to think he was one causing them all this heartache but, he had no choice. He had already done it and there was no going back. All he wished was for Ava to be found, and found soon but, then again, he knew that was not possible.

Later on that night

Martha and Jack were laying in bed together; not that any of them would sleep but, they had to try. They were doing a TV appearance tomorrow incase someone had seen Ava.

“What do you think she’s doing Jack?” Martha asked her.

“I don’t know but, whatever she’s doing, I hope she’s not scared” Jack said.

The next day at the press conference

“There has been a disappearance of a local child; the child of a local policeman” Peter began the press conference.

“Ava Jaclyn Holden is a happy child. She is idolised by her mother and her father; Martha and Jack Holden” Darren began to say as a picture of Ava came on the screen.

It was now Jack and Martha’s turn to say something.

“Just remember guys, you don’t have to be strong but you do have to be calm if the kidnapper sees this. If you two are like raving loonies, they will think the games up and who knows what they’ll do” Darren said.

“Ava is a happy child who is loved very dearly by me and her dad. She is always a bright and bubbly child; the house now seems so empty and so quiet without her” Martha began but cut herself off by crying, so Jack had to finish.

“All we ask that if you’re the person that has her, we beg you; bring her back” Jack said and then, himself and Martha walked off where Martha cried into his arms.

Three hours later

“Ava is a happy child who was loved very dearly by me and her dad. She is always a bright and bubbly child; the house now seems so empty and so quiet without her” Martha began but cut herself off by crying, so Jack had to finish.

“All we ask that if you’re the person that has her, we beg you; bring her back” Jack said.

That’s what was on the TV at the person’s house who had Ava.

“Hey, look, there’s my mummy and daddy on TV” Ava smiled happily at the TV,

“Yeah, I know” The man replied.

Ava ran up to the telly and kissed her mummy, then her daddy and turned around and said to the man,

“I miss them and I miss Mr snuggles” she said as she started to cry.

Preview

Will Ava be found?

Will the mystery man be revealed?

Will this push Martha and Jack apart?

Thanks to Puja for proofing

This is dedicated to Rach and Puja for all there coursework stress!! :P

This will be the third to last chapter I think

Three days later

The three men who had Ava were running out of options as with what to do to her.

“Come on man, we can’t do that to the kid. We’re only trying to make Martha and Jack realise what it’s like to lose something important to them,” the man said.

“Yeah well she has to be removed from the equation. As harsh as it is, that Martha needs to be taught a lesson” the other man spoke.

“But come on, to kill a 3 year old child; there’s no need” one of the men said.

“Well tough” the other man laughed.

All three men, put together, had made Martha and Jacks’ lives hell before all of this.

“But come on, this was not part of the deal Cam” Ash said to him.

“Hey don’t blame me, Corey is the one behind this whole operation” Cam spoke up looking at Ava.

“Why are we doing this?” Ash asked them again.

“Because Martha Holden made all us three fall for her, and then she went back to that excuse of a man; Jack” Corey grinned evilly.

Cam was now beginning to see how evil Corey really was. Could he really let him hurt Ava?

Meanwhile back in the bay

Martha was sitting on the porch outside silently letting the tears roll down her cheek whilst everyone else was watching their press release. She was just staring into space when she felt a body sitting down next to her. She realised it was Lucas. She looked and gave him a small smile before she began to cry again. Luc just took her in an embrace wondering where his niece was. And then, the tears that Luc had been holding in, fell.

Ava was sitting in a bed screaming for Martha. She had a bad dream and she wanted her mummy to cuddle her and tell her it was just a dream.

Ash came in and was trying to comfort Ava but he was having no luck. He needed a plan to get Ava back to Martha and Jack and it needed to be soon.

The next day

Jack was sitting in Ava’s room. It had been four days since he had last seen his daughter and it was driving him mad that he couldn’t do a thing to find her. It was also pushing him and Martha apart. They had started to argue for the littlest thing and it was really getting to Jack. He hated fighting with Martha at the best of times but more so now; they should be united as a couple; not pushing each other away from one another.

Martha was sitting on her bed just looking at the photo of the three of them; her, Jack and Ava on Martha and Jacks wedding day. When in Ava’s room Jack was doing exactly the same with the exact same photo that Martha and Jack had copied and put next to Ava’s bedside.

Tony had come to see how the young couple were and he could tell the tension between them was unbearable.

“Jack is everything ok with you and Martha?” Tony asked his son, concerned.

“No not really dad” he sighed “Its like she’s pushing me away dad and I don’t know what to do” he said truthfully.

Martha meanwhile was listening to all of this from the doorway and she knew something had to be done because if she didn’t do something, she would lose her marriage as well as her child.

Tony had left and Martha knew it was now or never.

“Jack” she spoke.

“Yeah” he said turning to face her.

“I’m so sorry” she said as her eyes began to fill up.

“For what?” he said to her.

“For pushing you away, you’re the one person I need and I’m pushing you away. I’m going to stop and I’m going to tell you exactly how I feel” she said to him.

“Okay start by telling me now” he said to her.

“Well I’m not coping at all and I felt like you blamed me” she started to say but was cut off by Jack.

“Why would I blame you?” he asked her confused.

“I don’t know, I just thought you did” she said to him.

He just gave her a hug and held her closely and told her that he didn’t, for one second, think she was to blame. The only person who was to blame was the person who had Ava.

Meanwhile

Ava was sitting playing in the front room with Cam when she asked him a question.

“Uncle Cam” she said to him.

“Yes sweetie” he said.

“When will mummy and daddy come and see me?” she said.

“I don’t think they are princess” he answered her.

“Why?” she asked getting upset “Don’t they love me anymore?” she asked as she began to sob.

“Don’t answer that Cam; I will” Corey said.

“Ava your mummy and daddy don’t want you to live with them anymore” he said to the little girl.

“Why I wasn’t a bad girl I was a good girl” she said “Wait was it because I told Uncle Darren about mummy in the underwear story? Mummy and daddy said I wasn’t supposed to tell anyone and I did. Is that why they don’t want me?” she asked, now sobbing uncontrollably.

“Yes that was it” Corey said evilly “That’s exactly what it was”.

Cam also knew as well as Ash that Ava needed to be returned to Martha and Jack; he had to talk to Ash.

Thank you Tasha

Ava was sitting in the room now with Ash and Cam and the two of them were discussing how to get Ava back to Martha and Jack without them being caught.

“So what we going to do” Ash asked Cam

“I don’t know yet but im working on it” Cam replied as he looked at the unhappy 3 year old.

Corey had sent Ash to get some more things for Ava like some more toys and videos to keep her occupied while he though of another plan.

“Cam get in here” Corey said

“Yes” Cam said

“When Ash gets back bring him into me I need him to me a favour” he grinned evilly

Ash had arrived back with the things for Ava and then Cam had told him that Corey wanted him.

“Corey, Cam said you wanted to see me” he told him

“Yes I do, I want you to bring me Martha” Corey said

“What” Ash said

“You heard I want you to go and kidnap Martha kill whoever you have to just bring me that girl” Corey said to him

“I can’t do that, do you really think Jack will let her out of his sight” Ash told him

“I said kill whoever you have to didt I” Corey said starting to get angry

“Fine ok I will do it” Ash said reluctantly

Ash was now on his way to Martha and Jacks house but he couldt do it he knew Ava needed to be returned home to both her parents so he had no other option.

Ash picked up his phone and dialled a number that was familiar to him and put it to his ear as it began to ring.

“Hello Yabbie creak police station Detective Baker speaking” Peter said as he answered the phone.

“Peter its Ash” he spoke

“Ash good to hear from ya mate what can I do you for” Peter asked him

“Well I need to come and see you now if that’s ok” Ash said to him

“Sure come on down now” Peter said as he hung up

Ash was driving towards the police station he knew he would be arrested but it was worth it. Now that Ava was going to be returned to her mummy no matter what anyone said Ash loved Martha and he didt want to hurt her anymore than he had already.

Meanwhile back at Martha and Jack’s

Martha and Jack were sitting on the couch waiting for something, anything to assure them there little girl was safe and still alive but now Martha’s hope was fading and fading fast.

“Do you think she will ever come home” she asked Jack

“What” Jack asked her?

“Do you think Ava will ever come home, it’s been four days Jack and there’s been no news” she said to him

“Babe no news is good news” he reassured her

“Yeah I suppose” she said with a sigh

Jack hated seeing Martha so down and it broke his heart that his daughter was out there maybe even dead and he couldt do a thing about it.

“Shall we go for a walk” he asked “Get out the house for a while” he added

“Yeah come on lets go” she said as she started to stand up

Ash meanwhile had told Peter exactly what was going on and he had been arrested and put in a cell.

Peter and some others were now on their way to a secluded house just outside of the bay and Peter was now making it his mission to bring the little girl home safe and sound.

Lara was trying to get hold of Martha and Jack at their house but they were out so she tried both mobiles and they both went to answer phone.

Peter was now nearing up to the house the had not put their siring on otherwise they would hear and get scared and maybe even kill Ava and then make a run for it Peter couldt risk it.

When Peter was approaching he could hear voices

“He said he was going to get Martha, he taking forever” Corey said

“Maybe hes waiting for him to leave her” Cam said calmly.

“Well hes taking forever” Corey was now getting impatient “You don’t think hes dobbed us in do you” he added

“No way man no way” Cam said.

Ava was now sitting in the middle of the room crying for her mummy

“I want my mummy, I don’t care if they don’t love me, I will just love them” she was now sobbing

Corey just walking in hitting Ava on the face so hard you could hear force and was now beginning to bruise, she was now laying face down.

Peter knew he had to get in their.

He nodded and then they all made the ways into the house via the front door and back door and had everything else covered.

Cam and Corey tried to make a run for it and knew that it was over and gave themselves up.

Peter made his way over to the little girl and she was laying face downwards and not moving.

Peter was scared to look but he had to, it was his job.

Preview

Is Ava ok!

Will someone be able to reach Jack and Martha?

Dedicated to all my JM crew :P

Thanks to Puja for proofing

Sam=) I no you will hate me

Tasha so will you

Rach and so will you :P

Peter looked over at the small child on the carpet she was just laying there; still and silent.

Peter went to look at Ava but she started to come around. She was now crying for her mummy.

Peter walked over and picked the small child up and started to cradle her; telling her it was ok and that she would see her mummy and daddy soon.

Martha and Jack were walking back to the house. When they got back, they noticed 4 missed calls on the house phone. Jack called Lara,

“Lara hey it’s Jack” he said down the phone.

“Jack hey I have some good news, its Ava we’ve found her” Lara said down the phone to Jack.

“Oh my god really ok thanks seeya” Jack said as he hung up the phone.

“What? Tell me it’s Ava?! She’s dead, isn’t she? Oh my god my baby’s dead” Martha started to cry.

“No she’s fine, they’re on the way to the hospital to get her checked over” Jack told her.

Martha then just broke down but not tears of sadness, tears of unbelievable joy.

At the hospital

Peter was sitting there with his head in his hands waiting for Martha and Jack to come.

They had just been told their daughter was alive and they were now on their way there. Peter just hoped by the time they got there, he had some good news for them.

“Peter” Jack said he rushed towards him holding Martha’s hand.

“Guys” Peter said sadly.

“What’s going on Pete?” Martha said taking in his appearance.

“Well come here and sit down the two of you” Peter said to them.

“No just tell us now” Martha said starting to get angry.

“Well when we got there, Ava was hit across the face but as she fell down, the nurse’s think she may have hit her head on something” he explained.

“Oh my god no” Martha cried.

“They’re not sure whats happening. They’re running tests now because she slipped into a coma on the way here” Peter said looking down at his hands.

“We want to see her” Jack said.

Rachel noticed that Jack and Martha had come and she went over to them.

“Rach, we want to see her now” Martha sobbed.

“Of course yes this way” Rach said.

Ava was laying there attached to all tubes and wires and her pretty face was just above the covers. Martha moved over to her and started to sob.

“I’ll leave you guys to it” Rach said as she left the room.

Preview

Will Ava pull through?

Ok well since Backy has gone into hiding me and Rach wrote a post on her behalf.

Hope you all like it.

Rachel and Sam took out their riffles from the drawer, they got in the car and drove all the way to the city hospital. Getting out they spoke to the nurse who directed them to Avas room.

In they strolled and saw Ava wired up to the machines. as they stared down at her she suddenly began to move, she stirred on the bed and opend her eyes to see rachel and sam looking down at her happilly. in strolled a nurse who took some tests and as if by magic, the tests all came out positive and ava was going to be fine. they discharged her and strapped her in the car...

Driving home to find Martha and Jack to give them bk there baby girl, they pulled up the drive and got out, knocking on the door, Jack opened it, Jack couldnt belive his eyes, his baby girl was happy and healthy, Rachel handed over the baby to a happy Jack and Martha

Martha and Jack then asked them to take care of corey for them. Sam and Rachel then jumped back into the car in search of corey. They then saw becky on the side of the road.

Sam was only 15 so couldn't drive, she 'accidentally' knocked Becky down. Sam and Rachel then jumped out of the car to check if Becky was alive luckily she was. While they were checking for a pulse they noticed a funny crease on Becky’s neck so they decided to find out what it was. They soon discovered it was a mask. And Becky was infact Corey in disguise!

Happy they had finally caught Corey Sam and Rachel pulled out their guns and aimed them straight at corey. Bang went the 1st and bang went the 2nd gan and that was the end of Becky the man.

Ok this is totally and completly intended as a joke and we are sorry Becky but you asked for it :P

Dont have a clue what part it is soo heres the next part:

Thanks to Rach

Dedicatied to Rach And Elaine!!!!!

Martha and Jack sat there, with all kinds of things going around in their heads.

“What if she doesn’t make it Jack what will we do?” she cried

“Hey she’s a Holden, she’s a fighter” he said trying to sound positive

Martha just leant against his chest and started to cry silently

At the station

Corey was sitting in the interview room with McGrath and Peter

“So you really thought that by taking Ava, Martha would come back to you” Peter asked him

“No” Corey said bluntly

“Then why” Darren yelled at him

“Because the three of us were so stupid as to fall for her, and she always ended up back with that moron” Corey said

“Did you ever think they were meant to be” Peter said smartly

“Shut up, Jack should be dead, and Me Martha and Ava should be together” Corey said

“Well what I don’t get, is if you love Martha as much as your making out, then why take her daughter away from her and put her through days of hell?” Darren asked him

“Because I wanted them to know how I felt when Martha screwed me over for that ba*tard” he told him

“So your involvement with Mr Nadar and Mr Reynolds” Peter asked him

“Well me and Ash are cousins, then we found out about Cam, and well Cindy is also my cousin and she and Ash are brother and sister” he finished smartly

“Well then” Darren said

“Whose idea was all this” Peter added

“Mine all mine” Corey grinned

At the hospital

Martha and Jack had stepped out the room whilst the doctors ran more tests.

“Do they no who abducted her yet” Martha asked Jack

“They do but they said they will tell us when they’ve questioned them” he said

“Them?” Martha asked confused

“Well yea, apparently there were 3 of them” he said to her

“Oh” was all she could say

At the station

Ash, Corey and Cam were all charged with the Abduction of Ava Jaclyn Holden, and Corey was also facing a manslaughter charge if Ava didnt wake up.

“Pete will you go to the hospital and inform Jack and Martha about those three” Darren said

“Darren, do you really think that’s a good idea considering the state Ava’s in” he said

“Peter that was your goddaughter they kidnapped and put in hospital, don’t you think Martha and Jack need to know” Darren said

“Yes ill go now and tell them” he said and walked out of the station

Jack and Peter had become such good friends from the minute Jack arrived in the bay, he was also Jack’s best man when he married Martha, and he would do anything for them, for all three of them.

At the hospital

Ava had just been rushed to theatre because of a fit, it had meant that the blood was clotting in her head and it needed to be stopped. Martha was just sitting there staring into space as this happened.

“Hey you two” Peter said as walked over to them

“Hey” they both said at the same time

“Well I need to talk to you both” Peter said

“Well go on then” Martha said

“Ok we have charged three people with Avas abduction” he began but was cut off

“Who are they? Do we no them” Martha said

Peter stood there and shifted uncomfortably on his feet as Martha looked at him

“Well...” he hesitated “Yes three people you two know very well” he finally said

“Who” jack asked

“Corey Henderson, Ashton Nadar and Cameron Reynolds” he said

“What” Martha asked confused “they don’t even know each other” she said

“Well apparently they do, ok here goes” he said as he began to explain to the young couple

“So let me get this straight, Corey and Ash are cousins, and Cindy is Ash’s sister so that’s how Cam got involved in this” Jack said

“Yes” was the simple answer peter gave

5 hours later

Hugh and Rachel came out of theatre with some good news for the couple

“Hugh mate is she ok” Jack asked as he rushed towards them

“She’s fine” he said

“Infact she’s awake now” Rachel said smiling “But she is pretty groggy but yea, she’s going to be fine” Rachel said as she left the young couple to go in to Ava’s room.

“Ava sweetie” Martha said as she stood by the bed

“Mummy” Ava sighed happily

Preview

Is Ava really Ok

Archived