Because You Loved Me

Guest beckyboo

This is to make up for the lack of updates

There is about 2-3 parts left

This may suck because I aint had it proofed because I aint spoken to my proofie in a while

This is for my Aussie Friend Tasha - Missya!!!!!!!!! :(

11 months later

Martha and Jack and Ava were all at the beach, Ava was building a sandcastle and Jack and Martha were sitting side by side.

“Mummy, when’s my new baby coming” Ava asked squinting at the sun

“Ava stop squinting and out these on” Jack said as he handed her the sunglasses

“Well in a few days I hope Ava” Martha said Martha was 9 months pregnant and she was overdue by three days

Tony seen the young couple sitting side by side watching their daughter play and he was so happy that this was a happy ending rather than a funeral.

Lucas was also in the distance watching the young couple but unfortunately Ava had seen him; this meant Lucas was going to have to swim with her now!

“Uncle Luc” she shouted him over

“Hello princess” he said as he picked her up and gave her a kiss as he put her down she started to strip to her costume

“Come on Luc lets go” she shouted as she ran towards the water screaming as Lucas ran after her.

Martha and Jack just laughed when all of a sudden Martha felt a twinge in her stomach.

She just cast it aside thinking it was just a twinge as when she had Ava she knew she was in labour this was different.

Jack and Martha decided to shout them back as it was getting a bit chilly and Ava needed a bath; she was staying with Tony and Beth it was the first time she would have been apart from Martha and Jack since the abduction.

3 hours later

Ava was collecting her things to go and stay at Tony and Beth’s.

“Jack are you sure she will be ok” Martha asked concerned

“Of course and its only next door she will be fine; I promise” he said as he kissed her forehead and then got Ava bag.

Ava kissed Martha goodbye and ran out the door towards her granddads house shouting

“Uncle Luc im here lets play” she said as ran in the house

“Well hello Miss Ava” Tony said

“Hey granddad” she said as she ran towards the room were Lucas was with his girlfriend Rachel.

“Well hello there princess” Luc said to her

“Who’s this” she said looking at Rachel evilly

Lucas has his arm wrapped around her and Ava was getting very jealous

“Move over please” she said bluntly

“What” Lucas said

“I want to sit by you” Ava said

“Well I best be going, I’ll talk to you later” Rachel said as she kissed him goodbye and walked out.

“Seeya guys, o hey Jack” Rachel said as she left

“Oh hey Rach, seeya Rach” Jack and Tony said.

“Oh Jack is Martha in” she asked before she left

“Yea she was in the living room” he said

“O ok ill go and see her if that’s ok” Rach said

“Yeah that’s fine seeya Rach” Jack said

Martha was sitting on the couch watching the telly when she was getting these twinges again.

Her thoughts were interrupted by a knock at the door.

She got up and opened the door

“Hello there you” she said as she threw her arms around Rachel and gave her a hug

“Glad someone’s glad to see me” she laughed

“What, did you and Luc have a fight?” she asked giggling

“Nope your daughter” she said smirking

“Ava” Martha asked confused

“Haha yer she was a bit jealous because Luc had his arm around me” she giggled

“Ah that’s her uncle Luc she gets very protective of him. She’s like that with me and Jack if jack hugs me or kisses me or I do them to him, she’s like my mummy or my daddy not yours, she’s very possessive” Martha laughed

“No way never noticed that” Rach said mocking shock.

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks guys

Thanks to Rach for proofing!

Nearly over I think maybe 1-2 chapters left

So much for this being a one shot!

Martha and Rachel were sitting there just talking and catching up, when Martha started to get them twinges in her tummy again.

Rachel noticed the discomfort on Martha’s face

“Mac are you ok” she asked her friend with concern

“Yes im fine” Martha said

Rachel just took her word for it; they started talking about how strong Luc and Rach were going, when all of a sudden.

“Arghhhhhhhhhhhh” Martha screamed as the pain tore through her body “Ok get Jack, this baby is coming” she cried as she breathed through a contraction

Rachel just stood there staring

“Ok Rach I no this looks scary from were you are. But seriously go any slower and this child will be born on this floor, and I really don’t want my child born on this floor!” she said

Rach snapped out of it

“Ok phone” she said looking for the phone

“Ava was playing with it earlier” Martha said as she went through another contraction

“Ok so it could be anywhere” Rach said “Ok im going to go and get him” she added

“No way, you can’t leave me” Martha cried

“Ok, ill erm, ill shout over the fence and pray to god they hear me” Rach said

“Rachel you have a fog horn for a mouth” Martha giggled

“Hey!” Rach said

Rachel sat Martha down on the couch, telling her to breath and that she would be back ASAP, they couldt hear her shouting

“Jack, Jack” she shouted running into Tony’s

“Hey shh you’ll wake Ava up” Luc said

“Luc Where’s Jack” she asked again

“He and dad went for a beer” he said

“Right well his wife has gone into labour can you get him to come the hospital” Rach said

“Yea sure” Luc said shell shocked “Beth watch Ava” Luc said

Rachel ran all the way back to Martha’s and she was holding onto the back of the couch, Rachel rushed in and Martha noticed Jack wasn’t with her

“Where’s Jack” she said starting to get upset

“Well he’s gone out with Tony so Lucs gone to find them, so im going to take you to the hospital ok” Rach said

“I don’t want to do this without him, he was there with Ava and he was amazing, I need him” she sobbed as another contraction hit through her.

“Ok just breath” Rach said as she guided her towards to the door

“You’ve not done this before have you” Martha laughed

“Well im only 17 Mac” Rach giggled back

At the surf club

“Kim have you seen my dad and Jack” Luc asked clearly out of breath and panicking

“Erm they’ve just gone in to Yabbie creek, they got a call from Robbie hes been bogged” Kim said

“Right ok where” Luc asked

“I have no idea” Kim said

In the car

“Do you think Martha will mind you coming with me to help Rob” Tony asked

“Nah she wanted a relaxing evening” Jack said “We wont be long will we” he added

“Well that depends mate” Tony said

“On what” Jack said

“On whether you can find somewhere to get us petrol” Tony said.

Jack just sat there when his phone started to ring.

“Why the hell would Rachel be ringing me” he asked confused

“Well only one way to find out” Tony said

“Hello, Rach what…slow down, ok thanks bye” Jack said as he hung up

“What is it mate, the colours gone from your face” Tony said

“It’s Martha…………..she’s having the baby” Jack said

“Oh” was all Tony could say

Preview

Will Jack make it on time?

What will it be!!??

Ok, a few things you need to know;

-Rachel is not Rachel Armstrong it’s a different Rachel, she's Lucas' girlfriend but she is also Martha's sister.

-Ava didn't know Rachel was Martha's sister as she has only just come to the bay, after meeting Lucas at the writer’s camp.

-Martha and Rachel weren't very close that’s why she’s never payed a visit. But now that she's here, she and Martha get on like a house on fire!

Thanks to Amy for proofing

Chapter……………………………….don’t know we will call it Hurry up Jack :P

Hugh was sitting in the reception area, it had been a quiet night and he and Nurse Julie were not at all busy so they were just chatting away when Rachel and Martha rushed in.

“I need help, she’s having a baby!” Rachel said panicking

“Rachel calm down right now im fine I went through labour last time with Ava,” Martha laughed

“Martha how far along are you,” Hugh asked her, helping her sit down.

“Erm three days over due and contractions bout 45 minutes apart,” She answered.

“Could be another while yet then. Julie can you get settled” Hugh said.

Three hours later!

“Why the hell is Luc not answering the house phone, we need help dad!” Jack said getting angry.

Beth at this point had heard about Martha and had taken Ava to Alf at the juice bar but they both decide not to go as Jack would be there.

“Ring his mobile” Tony said

“I can’t ring his mobile dad, he changed the number this morning because some ex kept ringing him, and he was giving me the number tonight” Jack said

“Oh...” was all Tony could say

“Dad my wife is due to have a baby any minute and I'm going to bloody miss it,” Jack said getting out of the car and slamming the door. He kicked the car once more; for good measure.

“Hey, what did it ever do to you,” Tony chuckled

“Don’t dad,” Jack said pissed off

“Gee sorry,” Tony said.

Jack was standing on the side of the road when his mobile started to ring.

“Hello…oh my god Luc thank god we’ve run out of petrol and were on southend road just come and get us please” Jack said frantically down the phone. "Hurry!"

“Luc's on his way” Jack said, taking a sigh of relief.

“Don’t worry mate if Avas birth is anything to go by, that kid wont be out 'till next week,” Tony said laughing

“Hope so dad,” Jack said

Meanwhile at the hospital

“God Rach, were the hell is he?!” Martha asked

“I really don’t know Martha, I really don’t know!” Rach said looking worried.

“Well you’re going to have to be my birthing partner if he doesn’t hurry up” she told the young girl

“Me?...What?...No!" Rach said terrified

“Well there is no way im pushing this kid out without someone here with me,” Martha told her

“Im 17, I don’t know what I'm doing” Rachel replied

“Well the doctor will tell you,” Martha replied

“God hurry up Jack, I so don’t know what I'm doing” Rach though to herself.

Meanwhile in the car

Luc had come and put petrol in and he was in his car following Jack and Tony to the hospital.

“Dad go any slower and we will be stopping in the middle of the road” Jack grumbled

Tony said “you can only do 30 on this road, anyhow.”

“Dad I don’t care just step on it” Jack said

Tony stopped the car.

“Fine you drive,” he said and got out

“Fine I will!” Jack got in the car and started to 60

“See were here now. Park the car dad” Jack said as he ran towards the hospital he saw Hugh outside.

“Jack she’s im room 101” he said

“Thanks” Jack said as he rushed in

Meanwhile..

“I swear to god if hes not here im going to-” she was cut off

“You're going to what?” Jack asked out of breath

“Jack!” Martha and Rachel both sighed in relief

“I’ll leave you too it,” Rach said as she went to leave.

“No wait stay, you’ve been amazing, you should see your new niece or nephew be born” Martha said

“No its fine,” Rach said

“No really I want you in here...please,” Martha said with pleading eyes; no one could refuse a pregnant women. Especially not one in labour.

“Ok fine I give in, but I'm just going to see Luc, okay?” Rach said

“Ok” Martha smiled she had her husband and her little sister with her what more could she want

“Why wont this thing come out?!” Martha screamed.

Okay so I said thewre was only a few chapter left well im not sure how many now lol!

Thanks to Rach for proofing it for me!!!!!!!

Enjoy!!!!!!!!!! oh please dont kill me!!!!!!!!!!!

16 hours later

Martha lay there, cradling her newborn baby boy in her arms.

Lewis Anthony Holden was brought into the world on May 1st 2007 to Martha and Jack Holden after a 20 hour labour.

“He really is something isn’t he” Jack said looking down proudly at his baby boy.

“Umm yea” was all Martha could say

“You ok babe” Jack asked her

“Yeah im fine…bit tired” she said

“Well give me Lewis and you get some rest” Jack said

“Thanks” Martha said as she handed over the baby

Jack went outside, showing off his beautiful baby boy to everyone; whilst Martha turned and faced the wall and started to sob.

“Hey is she ok” Rachel asked as she saw Jack enter the family room

“Yea she’s fine, bit tired though” he said

“You think she’s up for a visitor” Rachel asked hopeful

“Well seen as its you I think she might be” Jack laughed

“Thanks” Rachel smiled gratefully at him

As she was approaching the room where Martha was, she could hear someone crying, she thought nothing of it and got the shock of her life when she walked in to find her once so strong sister a sobbing mess.

“Martha” Rachel said worriedly

“Rach” she said in-between sobs

“Whats wrong” she asked her sister

“Nothing im just having a bit of a cry” she said trying not to give anything away

“No, there’s more to it than that, there has to be Martha; you of all people don’t cry for nothing” Rachel spoke softly to Martha.

“Rach I promise you im fine; it’s been a big night” she lied again

“Ok, if you say so” Rachel replied

“Well what did you want anyway” Martha asked

“Oh charming” Rach giggled

“Sorry I didt mean it like that” Martha said uninterested

Rachel knew that something was defiantly up and she had to find out what; but not tonight Martha had been through a major stressful period of a 20 hour Labour, so she’d leave it for now.

Later on that night

Rachel was lying in bed next to Luc thinking of Martha when Ava came in.

“Hey sweetie whats up” she asked the little girl

“I can’t sleep, I want mummy” Ava said as she started to cry quietly

“Ava come here” Rach said as she got out the bed and took the small child in her arms, they walked out into the lounge to avoid waking Luc up.

“Mummy has just had the baby and well she has to stay in hospital for a night, but hopefully she will be home tomorrow, and then you’ll get to see your new brother who is absolutely fabulous just like you!” Rach said to the small child.

“Thank you auntie Rach” Ava said as she flung her arms around Rachel’s neck.

Rachel was speechless; Ava had never called her auntie Rach before, and when she did hug her it was only because Martha had made her, Rachel was so happy she was making progress with her newly found niece who meant the world to her.

The next day

Jack had spent the night at the hospital and he was now heading home to get the baby seat.

They decided to leave Ava with Rach and Luc until Martha was settled back at home.

Martha was just laying there and Lewis was lying next to her in the hospital incubator, she was just looking at this precious buddle of joy and seeing how much Jack loved him, how could she ever tell him?

4 hours later

Martha had just finished getting ready and was now putting Lewis into a clean blue Baby- grower, and a little blue hat to match, she then wrapped him up in a white shawl and put him back in the incubator waiting for Jack to come and take them home.

Everyone was so excited at seeing the newest Holden; Jack however had asked Beth to ask everyone not to overwhelm Martha and Lewis today.

Martha was deep in thought when Jack arrived.

“Hey, you ready to go home then, Mrs Holden and Baby Lewis” he said to her

Martha just carried on thinking in her own little world, where everything was perfect; she didn’t even hear what Jack was saying to her.

“Martha” he said waving a hand in front of her face

“Oh sorry, did you say something babe” she said

“Yes, I said are you ready to go” Jack said as he picked Lewis up and placed him in the baby seat.

“Yeah lets go” Martha said, as Jack picked up her bag and walked out in front, with Martha following.

“Erm honey, aren’t you forgetting something” Jack said indicating to the baby seat sitting on the bed with Lewis in it.

“I would forget my head if it weren’t screwed on” she tried to joke.

“Whats up” Jack asked her

“Nothing im fine” Martha said to him

“No something’s up, what is it” Jack said

“Jack incase you didn’t notice, I just had a baby, im tired and emotional so just back off and leave me alone” she snapped picking up the car seat and making her way towards the exit.

At home

Ava was sitting in her room playing when Martha and Jack came in with Lewis.

Martha sat down as Jack brought Lewis in, Ava heard the front door shut and she ran out into her mummy’s waiting arms.

“I missed you mummy” Ava said

“I missed you too princess” Martha said, kissing her lightly on the forehead

“Ava, come see your little brother; come on” Jack said to her

Ava looked at the little boy in the car seat and said

“Daddy hes fabulous”

Jack looked confused

“Fabulous?” he asked her

“Yea auntie Rach said he was fabulous and he is” she said staring at her little brother.

Martha went to unpack and Jack followed her, leaving Rachel in the kitchen and Ava and Lewis in the lounge.

Ava walked over to Lewis and just looked at him, she then bent down and kissed his forehead.

“Im going to look after you, I love you” Ava said as she gave him another soft kiss.

This was all witnessed by Martha and Jack, Jack was smiling, he had his perfect family; Martha on the other hand was letting the tears fall softly and silently down her face, how was she ever going to tell him; he was going to hate her, they all would.

Preview

Jack had his perfect family and hes happy could his heart be getting broken soon!

Whats Marthas secret!!!!!!!!

Ok so im going to update

But this has not been proofed so it maybe crap but hey its an update!!!!!!

For all the JM Crew :P

Jack had just woken up and he was about to get up when he heard a loud cry from the carrycot next to him, Jack bent over the side of the bed to look at his son and then he picked him up and carried him out into the living room; it had been a pretty restless night for both Martha and Lewis.

Ava was still in bed when all of a sudden she woke and remembered she had a little brother. She jumped out the bed and ran towards her mum and dad’s room when she got in there she looked in the carrycot but there was no Lewis.

“Mummy wake up now quick” Ava shouted to Martha

Martha began to stir and when she woke up she seen Ava hovering above her.

“Whats wrong Ava” Martha sighed

“Its Lewis hes not in his bed” she said

“He’s with daddy” Martha said uninterested

“Mummy don’t you love Lewis as much as you love me” Ava asked her

“Of course I do sweetie” Martha said only sadly she wasn’t sure she did, did she even love him at all.

5 hours later

Rach and Luc had come to take the two kids out to let Martha and Jack have sometime alone together.

Martha was just folding some of Ava’s washing and some of Lewis’ blankets when she noticed that Jack was watching her intently.

“What” she asked smiling at him

“Nothing you’re just so beautiful” he said to her

“And you want something” Martha said in return

“No I don’t” Jack mocked a shocked look in response

“Well ok then thank you” she said

“Shall we go and get some lunch” Jack asked her

“Yeah sounds good” she responded

They walked into the diner and as soon as colleen seen Martha and Jack she rushed over to them

“Oh Constable Holden, Martha, where are you two hiding that new little baby of your” she asked them

“The two of them are out with Rach and Luc” Jack responed

Martha and Jack sat their eating their lunch when Rach and Luc had come and joined them, Martha was now feeding Lewis his bottle and he would take it and she was getting frustrated.

“Here take him I can’t do this anymore” she said handed Lewis to Jack and rushed out

“Im going after her” Rach said

Rach had tried to find Martha but she had no idea where she was when she seen a figure sitting on a cliff in the distance.

“Worth a try” she said to herself.

When she got up their she could hear the odd sob escape Martha’s mouth.

“Martha whats wrong” Rach said to her.

“I don’t love my son” she sobbed as Rach bent down and embraced her into her warms arms and Martha just sobbed quietly to herself.

Jack had taken the two children home and he was sitting with them when Rach called to say that Martha was ok but she needed sometime alone and that they were going to go for a walk and they would be home later.

“Whats going on mate” Luc said as Jack got off the phone

“I have no idea, but whatever it is its something huge Martha would never leave us like the way she did before” Jack said to his younger brother

“She’s just still tried and emotional I guess” Luc said trying to reassure his older brother as he cradled his newborn nephew in one arm and Ava sat in the other arm.

“I hope your right” Jack said

“Hey daddy uncle Luc is always right” Ava told him

“Oh is he now, who told you to say that” Jack said

“Well uncle Luc said it ages and ages ago but I have a memory like an elephant I remember everything” Ava said

“Well princess your very clever, how bout you come over here and give your daddy a kiss and a cuddle hey” he asked her

“Ok daddy” she climbed off Luc and on to Jack

“I love you daddy” she said as she rested her head on his chest.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks Rach

Martha and Rachel were sat in Rachel’s apartment.

“Rach, why don’t I love my son, what’s wrong with me!?” Martha sobbed

“Nothing, there’s nothing wrong with you” Rachel replied

“Oh come on there is; I love Ava more than anything in this world, and I don’t even feel a thing for Lewis” she said sadly

“It’s just because you’re still emotional after the birth” Rachel tried to think of excuses

“No its not, I don’t love my son end of” she said as she stood up

Rachel just looked on at Martha sadly. She knew that she had to make her see sense, because if she didn’t, god no’s what Martha would do to herself or possibly Lewis.

“You need to speak to Jack” Rachel said

“I cant he’ll hate me” Martha said quietly

“What are you going to do then?” Rachel asked

“Il put him up for adoption, and il tell Jack that he’s not the dad” Martha said whilst drying her eyes.

“What!” Rachel exclaimed “Martha you cant do that” she added

“Well there’s nothing else I can do” Martha said

“You can at least try to love him; hes your son for goodness sake” Rachel said trying to make her see sense

Holden House

“Daddy ow daddy quickly!” Ava cried from the back yard

“Whats the matter princess” Jack said as he rushed towards her

“I hurt my leg on the slide” she sobbed

“Let me see” Jack said as he looked at it “Ava it’s just a scratch, you’ll be fine” he added

“I want mummy daddy” Ava said sadly

“She’ll be home soon don’t worry” Jack said unsurely

Back at Rachel’s

“Thanks Rach, ill think about what you’ve said before I make any decisions, and I’ll talk to Jack aswel” Martha lied as she walked out of the apartment

“Ok, and if you want to talk, im here, anytime” she said as she closed the door.

Martha started to walk towards the beach when she had an idea.

Hospital

“Erm excuse me I wanted to speak to a social worker” Martha said as she entered the hospital reception

“Yeah I’ll get Miss Wilson to come down and see you, if you would like to take a seat Miss...” the nurse began

“Mrs Holden, Martha Holden” Martha said

10 minutes later

“Mrs Holden im Liz Wilson, would you like to come through” she said

“Thanks” Martha said as she followed her

“What can I do for you?” she said

“I want you to find my son a good home, with parents that will love him” she said

“Well erm, how old is your son” she asked her

“Lewis is 3 days old” Martha said

“I see, just bear with me for a moment” Liz said as she went to fetch Martha’s hospital records

“Mrs Holden I see that you are in a loving relationship; married with a daughter already, can I ask why you would want to have your son adopted” she asked as she came in and sat back down at the desk.

“Because I don’t love him” Martha replied

“But surly you must feel something, it’s only been 3 days, please just wait a month or so” Liz urged her

“Listen, if you don’t do this then I will have to abandon him, and I really don’t want to do that so please, just help me”

“Ok I will” Liz said regrettably

Preview? Will Martha do it? What will Jack say? Is this the end of Jack and Martha?

Tasha dont hate me :ph34r:

Thankies to Rach

Martha had been home now for a while, she sat there just staring at Lewis in his baby chair, she couldn’t understand why she was giving him away, but more to the point she couldn’t understand why she didn’t love him.

Martha was adamant she was making the right decision to have him adopted, and all she had to do now was to tell Jack; he would understand wouldn’t he?

Ava came running into the front room were Martha was sat with Lewis; Ava raced over to him, giving him a big kiss on the cheek. Martha had forgotten that Ava worshipped her little brother, how could she explain this all to a 3 year old.

“Ava, come and sit on my knee a moment, I need to talk to you” Martha said

“Yes mummy” Ava said softly as she climbed up onto Martha’s lap

“You no there are people in this world who can’t have little babies like Lewis and you” Martha said to Ava

“Erm yeh, I think so mummy, why” Ava asked confusedly

“Because well” Martha started but was interrupted by Jack

“Martha there’s a lady on the phone from social services asking for you” Jack said to her rather confused

“Erm ok, ill explain in a min” and with that she took the phone and went into the other room.

Martha walked out in a daze; she told Jack she was going for a walk to clear her head, but was secretly heading to Rachel’s, she needed to see her!

Rachel and Lucas were sitting on the couch watching the TV when they hard a knock on the door, Luc got up to answer it.

“Hey Martha come in, Rachel’s in the living room.” Luc said

He noticed the look on her face.

“Im just going to go home and get a change of clothes, ill be back soon babe” Luc said as he gave Rachel a kiss and headed out the door.

Rachel looked at Martha and knew something was wrong.

“You going to hate me when I tell you this” Martha said

“When I left here I went to the hospital and I saw a social worker; I put Lewis up for adoption” Martha said rather quickly, standing up and pacing around the room

“You did what” Rachel asked horrified.

“I know it was a bad thing to do, and not telling Jack, but I can’t cope with having a child I don’t love” Martha said hysterically

“But you can grow to love him; I know you can” Rachel said trying to make her see sense

“No I can’t, because I don’t love him, and nothing is going to change that” she shouted

“Well then you have to tell Jack” Rach said

“I no, I will but it just going to be so hard to tell him” she cried

Rachel ran over to her, wrapping her up in a warm embrace

“He’s going to hate me” Martha kept saying over and over again.

……………………

Jack was sitting at home wondering what on earth was going on, he was so worried she was not letting him in.

“Daddy can I talk to you please” Ava said

……………………

“Well im going to go home and talk to Jack, and I promise I will tell him this time” Martha said to Rachel

“Okay, il seeya” Rachel said to her

“Well the thing is daddy” Ava started

“Mummy was talking to me before about...” Ava said but was interrupted by her mother.

“Ava, go and play in room I need to talk to daddy” Martha said

“Martha what the hell is going on? Why are social workers ringing the house” Jack fired of questions to her.

“Because” she kept saying over again, she couldnt seem to find the right words.

“Because I don’t love Lewis and I don’t want him anymore” she sobbed

“What” Jack asked shocked

“That’s why Liz the social worker rang today, they have a foster home for him until adoptive parents can be found” she said straightening her Eye makeup with her hand.

“Well he’s not going” Jack said

“Jack he is; I just don’t love him” Martha said

“Martha please this is our son were talking about” he said

“No Jack im not keeping him” she said

“Well im telling you right now he’s not going anywhere” he shouted

“Then you have to chose” she said

“Chose?” he said

“Yes, between your Wife and Son” she said and left the room

Jack just stood there, wondering where the woman he once married had gone….

Preview: who will he chose Martha or Lewis.

The biggest thanks to Rach for helping me soo much with this chapter and I mean soo much

Rach your a Star

Enjoy:

Martha was now sitting in the bedroom, she could hear Jack outside pacing the hallway, she knew he was thinking of something to say to her, but the truth was, there was nothing that could be said to change her mind.

Jack was stood on the other side of the door, thinking about a way to change her mind, how could he really choose between them!?

He loved Martha so much, but he also loved his son; could he honestly give either of them up!?

“Jack, you can come in” Martha said “I know your there” She added

Jack opened the door and walked in, looking over at Martha who was sitting on the bed with her legs crossed.

“What’s going on babe” he asked her as he placed his hand on her knee

Martha let out a frustrated sigh, “you no what Jack. Im not going to change my mind, so there’s no point in even trying” she said

“But you may feel differently some day” he said

“I don’t love him and that’s not going to change” she said as she walked out of the room.

A frustrated Jack arose from his seated position, pacing the room frantically as he contemplated ways to get them out of this mess.

“Ok, how about, if we let Lucas and Rachel take him for awhile, they can look after him, and maybe with a break, and some time apart from him, you’ll realise that you really do love him” he suggested.

“I don’t know Jack; I don’t think anything’s ever going to change”.

“But we can try at least. Please don’t give up Martha, not yet” he pleaded, his eyes forming with tears as he looked across at her. It broke his heart to think what Martha was going through, but what tore him apart the most, was the fact that he would have to give up his son, the child he loved so dearly.

“Ok”, she sniffled through her tears, she couldn’t stand to see Jack so heart broken. And it was all her fault…

………………………..

“Hey what’s going on?” asked Luc as he arrived at the bachelor pad.

“I need a favour” Jack asked through his saddened face, “I need you to take Lewis for a few days, in fact it might even be longer than a few days, Im not even sure myself yet. I just need you to take him and look after him for me”.

“Of course, but, I don’t get it” Lucas replied confused.

“It’s a long story, but basically, Martha’s having a few problems right now, and she could really do with a break” he said, trying to side-step the ‘Martha doesn’t love her son’ part.

“Oh, yeah of course then. We would be thrilled to have him. You take as long as you need man” he smiled.

“Thanks luc, you have no idea how much this means to me; to us”.

“No worries, is he in there?” he asked, pointing to Jack and Martha’s room.

“Yeah”, Jack replied reluctantly.

Jack watched as Lucas walked off into their bedroom, this was officially the worst day of his life, to watch your son being taken away because your wife had ordered you to. It didn’t get much worse than that. Right now, Jacks only hope was that with this time a part, Martha would realise she really did love him and couldn’t bear to be without him.

And once she had realised that, they could all be a happy family again; well, that was the theory anyway…

“Ok little man” Jack spoke as he looked down at the baby in the carrier, “Il see you soon, and don’t go giving uncle Luc and Aunty Rach a hard time, otherwise there will be hell to pay mister” he joked as a tear shed from his eye, rolling down his nose and falling onto the blanket that wrapped snugly around Lewis’ body.

Leaning down he placed a kiss on Lewis’ forehead, before turning to Lucas, “Just go please” he chocked as the moment got too much for him. Breaking down on the floor he cried for the loss of his baby.

Feeling someone tug gently on his shirt he looked up to see Ava’s angel face staring down at him. “What’s wrong daddy?” she asked, her eyes also turning glassy as she studied the tears that shed uncontrollably down her fathers face.

Moving closer to him she wrapped her arms around his neck, kissing him on the cheek and telling him that she still loves him. She was unaware of the present situation, but figured telling her daddy she still loved him would make it all better.

“Its ok daddy, don’t cry” she said as she gripped onto him tightly.

Lifting her up, he sat her in his lap, smiling down at her through his tears. At least he still had Ava around, Martha had gone elsewhere; she had told him that she couldn’t be here when Lewis left so she went for a walk to clear her head, leaving Jack alone with Ava.

Now just the two of them sat silently on the living room floor, hugging each other tightly and telling each other that it would be alright. Jack had to stay positive through all of this, because the second he lost it; and that would be it, he would be a mess, and he still had a wife and daughter to look after.

Several minutes of silence had past, until the serenity was broken at the sound of a voice in the doorway.

“Jack” spoke Martha

Turning his head he looked up at her, before lifting him self and Ava up and standing to face her.

“Im so sorry” she cried, the tears falling uncontrollably down her face.

He hated seeing her like this; he wished he could make it better. But what could he do! His family was slowly being destroyed. Running forward he pulled her into a warm embrace, wrapping his arms around her and telling her that it would be ok,

“We’ll get through this, don’t worry” he mumbled through her hair.

Ava ran across to her mom and dad, pulling at Jacks trouser leg to let her in. Lifting her up they held each other in silence; only hoping that maybe tomorrow, things would get better...

Thanks to Tasha!

Martha was sat on the couch and Jack was in Ava’s bedroom putting her to bed.

“Daddy, When’s Lewis coming home” she asked Jack.

“When mummy’s feeling better” Jack replied.

“Oh ok” Ava said sounding disappointed.

“What’s up princess” Jack asked her.

“I just miss him so much daddy, he was my little brother and now he’s not.”

“Ava he’s always going to be your little brother nothing is ever going to change that” Jack said softly as he held her.

“But if he gets a new mummy and a new daddy they will be his mummy and daddy and well I wont be anything” Ava said as she started to cry.

Jack just held her until she fell asleep. Martha had something to answer for Jack thought.

Martha had heard the whole thing and she now felt twice as guilty she never though about Ava in all of this all she wanted was Lewis out of her life!

…………………………………………………………………………….

The next morning

Martha woke up to find Ava snuggled into her and Jack’s side of the bed empty

Jack was walking along the beach to the diner apartment where Rach lived and where Luc and Lewis were staying. He walked up the stairs and knocked on the door.

“Hey” Rach said “come in” she added

“Hey, is he awake” Jack asked

“Yer he’s in the bedroom in the crib” She said

Jack walked across to the bedroom and walked in to see Lewis looking up at the ceiling

“Hey little man” Jack said as he picked him up.

Lewis just looked at him smiling

“How bouts we get you dressed and you come and spend the day with your daddy and your big sister hey” Jack said as he looked at him

“I think that sounds like a great idea” Rach said as she walked in “how’s Martha coping” she added

“Oh she coping just fine and well she’s acting as if nothing ever happened she’s acting like he doesn’t exist” Jack said angrily “Oh and Ava cried herself to sleep last night on my knee because she misses him so much” he added

“Jack she’s confused” Rachel said

“Rach she doesn’t love him and she never will so I think its best if I just take him and leave” he said surprising himself

“You don’t mean that Jack” Rach said

“Yano what Rach I do, she’s being a self centred little cow and well im not letting my son go in to care no way” Jack said as he started to pack all of Lewis things that he would be needing for the day.

Martha and Ava were on their way to see the social worker to tell her where Lewis was and she had to go and sign some of the papers.

Martha was walking down the corridor with Ava on her hip and was walking towards the hospital social worker’s office.

“Yes can I help you” the receptionist spoke

“Yes I have an appointment with Liz Wilson” Martha said

“And your name is”

“Martha Holden”

“Ok just take a seat Liz will be with you soon” she spoke to Martha

“Ok thanks” Martha said and went and sat down with Ava.

Martha was now sat in the office talking with Liz.

“Ok so we have found foster parents for Lewis until the adoptive parents can be found” Liz said to Martha

“Great so can I sign the forms and ill tell you were he is” Martha said

“Yer here, you need to sign were the X’s are” Liz told her

Martha picked up the pen and began to sign away this is she told herself this is it no going back.

……………………………………………………………

Jack was meant to be spending the day with Lewis when work had called him in so that would have to wait.

Rach and Lucas were sitting in the apartment when they heard a long knock on the door!

Lucas got up to answer it

“Mr Holden” Liz spoke to Luc

“Yes who are you” Luc asked confused

“Im sorry im Liz Wilson and im here for Lewis Anthony Holden” she said

“What” Rach said as she approached the door

“I am sorry but we have a court order and we have to take the baby” Liz said as she walked in.

Rach went and got Lewis reading letting the tears roll down her face, Luc was just holding Lewis and then began to wrap him up in a shawl and put him in the baby carrier.

“I never though she would do this” Rach said sadly Lucas on the other hand was totally confused

“Whats going on im confused” he said

“I’ll explain later but right now you need to ring Jack” she said

Rach handed the baby over to Liz and they all left taking Lewis with them.

…………………………………………………………….

Martha was sitting at home sobbing she had just giving her son away but even though she didt love him it was the hardest thing she had ever had to do.

Meanwhile Jack was on his way home and he was upset but most of all angry

“Martha” Jack shouted as he walked in

Martha appeared in the doorway with Ava on her hip.

“How could you do this how” Jack asked her

“Because” she sad

“You could have at least told me” he shouted

“I did Jack but you never listened I told you I was doing it in the first place but no you had to take over and let him go to Rach and Luc and you thought I was going to change my mind but im not” she shouted back

Jack just looked at her

Martha stormed out with Ava’s head on her shoulder and arms tightly wrapped around her mother neck.

Preview what’s next for Martha and Jack once solid relationship?

Ok I cant take any of the credit for this!!!!

Rachel AKA Vale4eva wrote it!

Guest chapter:

Jacks blood pressure was through the roof, he had never felt so awful in his entire life. His anger boiling over as he thought about what Martha had done, and the pain and sadness in his heart as the reality of the situation took hold, and he realised he had lost his son; possibly forever.

………………………..

Meanwhile, Martha sat on the beach; Ava still clinging tightly around her neck, holding onto her mother for dear life. She hated it when her parents argued, but it had never been like this before.

Martha wiped away the last few stray tears, trying to pull herself together for Ava’s sake.

“Ava honey” she said softly, “im so sorry about all of this, but I promise you, it’s all going to be ok, im going to make sure of that” she desperately tried to reassure her.

“I hate it when you fight with daddy” she spoke sadly.

“I know; I hate it too” she whispered back as another tear rolled silently down her cheek.

Standing up she pulled Ava closely, and making the walk back home…

………………………..

The place was silent, deadly silent. Jack sat at the table, drink in hand and looking completely zoned out.

Martha turned to the little girl of whom she held safely in her arms, “Ava, you go and play in your room honey. Ill be in in a minute”.

Placing Ava down, she scurried off to her room. Shutting the door behind her.

“Jack” she called out softly, “Jack talk to me”.

After a brief silence he spoke up. “What’s the point. You’ve taken my baby boy away from me, and ill probably never see him again. And it’s all your fault”

Martha’s held fell sadly, watching as the man she loved so dearly’s heart broke right in front of her; and there was nothing she could do about it.

“I don’t think this is going to work” he spoke in a deep but quiet tone.

“What are you talking about?” she asked, but silently dreading the answer.

“This! Us! I can’t do it anymore, well not right now anyway”. He paused before continuing. “I so desperately wanted this all to work out. And I was certain that with time things would get better. But you didn’t even give it a chance, you just jumped and made this rash decision without even thinking it through first. Without even giving me, or Ava a seconds thought. I mean, did you even think about us, about our feelings in all of this?”

Martha stayed silent, unable to respond. Raising her head slightly she looked across at him through glassy eyes, “It’s not like that” she cried.

“I want you to leave” he said in a glum tone

“What!?” she cried.

“I want you to go and stay somewhere else for a while…im not saying its forever. But I need some time apart from you. I need to get my head together. I hope you can understand that”

Martha reluctantly nodded, taking slow steps back before walking over to their bedroom where she packed up a few essential items, ready to leave.

Returning to the living room she turned to Jack, “im taking Ava with me, you wont be able to think with a 3 year old running around the place”.

“Fine” he responded.

…………………………………

Walking back out with Ava in her arms she walked over to Jack. “Say goodbye princess, were going away for a few days”

Ava jumped into her fathers hold. Wrapping her arms around him and sobbing into the crook of his neck. “Ahh, its ok sweetie, im going to see you soon. Hey how bout tomorrow we spend the day together, just the two of us” he suggested with a smile.

She nodded, wiping away the tears from her face and rubbing her wet nose. “Good girl. I love you” he told the 3 year old.

“I love you too daddy” kissing him on the cheek.

Ava returned to her mothers hold. Martha staring sadly across at Jack. “I love you” she spoke sadly, the tears running freely down her face.

“I know” he chocked down his tears. “I love you too” he hushed back. “No matter what’s happened, I always will. But you’ve broke me heart Martha. And I just cant sit back and accept that”.

“I understand” she hushed back. Before regrettably turning on her heel and leaving through the front door.

…………………………….

(The following day)

“Mr Holden?”

“Yeah whos this?” Jack asked down the phone.

“Your son, Lewis Holden, he was rushed into hospital following a serious heart condition”

“What!” he gasped, his legs turning to jelly as the words from the doctors mouth turned to muffle.

Slamming down the phone he made his way to the hospital…

……………………….

“Mr Holden”

“Yes”

“It appears your son is suffering from a ventricular septal defect”

“What? What is that?” he asked worriedly

“Basically the oxygen-rich blood passes from the left ventricle, when it should actually be passing from the right, the symptoms are anything from heavy sweating, rapid breathing , And heavy breathing to disinterest in feeding, or tiring while feeding. Your son has displayed several of the following. Were going to be taking him into surgery as soon as possible”

“Ok, well don’t I need to sign something?”

“Erm, that’s already been done by the carer’s”

Jack gritted his teeth, he should be the one signing the papers, not some random carer who new nothing about him.

“So how long?” Jack asked.

“Well we’ll get to work immediately and we’ll let you no how it went. Sit tight sir, he’s in good hands”.

“Thankyou” he smiled sadly.

……………………………

(20 minutes later)

“Jack” Martha called as she ran through the hallway, “how is he?”

“Do you care?” he asked bitterly.

“Of course I care” she replied hurt, how could jack think she wouldn’t care about Lewis’ health?

“There doing surgery at the moment. Now it’s just a waiting game” he replied dejected, re-taking his place back in his seat.

Martha sat down next to him. Both silently hoping and praying that Lewis would make it through…

Archived