Belgian television

Guest Barbara

• 2 weeks later...

I thought I would start a thread on Belgian television seeing that I didn't find one. :)

So Belgians, what TV shows (whether they are Belgian or foreign) do you watch? Do you sometimes watch French channels too?

I don't often watch the French channels, I really hate it how they dub everything so I only watch them when there is a French movie on that I like.

The only real Belgian show that I watch are still FC de Kampioenen but I don't like it as much as I used too. Where the foreign shows are concerned I like Home and Away, obviously, and also Smallville, Supernatural, Bones, 24, Prison Break, Without a Trace, According to Jim and sometimes The Simpsons. What about you ?

Silly me, I forgot to answer my own question! :rolleyes:

I don't often watch the French channels, I really hate it how they dub everything so I only watch them when there is a French movie on that I like.

I watch both French and Belgian channels. I always went to a French school. So, when I was little, I watched French channels most of the time because I couldn't follow the Dutch subtitles. I could read in Dutch but I didn't have time to read the subtitles, they changed so fast. But since I'm 10, I watch Dutch channels more often.

I still watch French channels. I like the French TV shows Sous le soleil and RIS, Police scientifique, the TV movies Julie Lescaut and Joséphine, ange gardien and the talk show La méthode Cauet.

I'm not a big fan of dubbed shows either. But sometimes French channels air new American shows or new episodes before Dutch ones (TF1 aired One Tree Hill a year before Kanaaltwee did and Club RTL aired new episodes of Gilmore Girls before Kanaaltwee did). Then, I watch it in French. :)

Sometimes French channels air several episodes of one TV show at night (e.g. 3 episodes of CSI, 2 of Desperate Housewives) then I like watching it too. :)

The only real Belgian show that I watch are still FC de Kampioenen but I don't like it as much as I used too. Where the foreign shows are concerned I like Home and Away, obviously, and also Smallville, Supernatural, Bones, 24, Prison Break, Without a Trace, According to Jim and sometimes The Simpsons. What about you ?

Me too. :) I liked the old seasons with Jacques Vermeire better. DDT is so much better than Fernand or BTW (he was horrible).

I also watch Witse.

Otherwise, I watch Home & Away, Gilmore Girls, One Tree Hill, Friends, CSI, Charmed, Supernatural, The O.C., Desperate Housewives, Las Vegas, Full House...

• 9 months later...

^Aha! The muscles from Brussels! :D

I watched French cartoons when i was little but i went to Flemish schools > ages ago! Much has improved like for example the internet. The thing is, French channels delete the original voices and use their own multiple voices.it's kinda boring but funny somehow??

I used to watch House M.D. but they're showing us recaps over and over again so why bother?

My most hated channel would be vtm :wink:

• 4 months later...

VRT will stop airing FC De Kampioenen in 2011. :( We'll have to say goodbye to Carmen, Xavier, Pascale, Boma etc. :(

Here is the article: click me. There's also a video with bloopers. :lol:

I really like watching the show. I'll miss it. :( But I can still look forward to the next two seasons. :)

• 2 months later...

Vitaya is going to start airing the TV show The Strip every Monday night at 9.25pm. The first episode will air on Monday September 7th.

The Strip stars Bobby Morley (Drew) and Simone McAullay (Viv Anderson). Indiana Evans (Matilda) appeared in the show as a guest.

Archived